• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
tomorrow works for me anyway. i am intrigued as to how colonization/conquest of 'empty' space between empires will work. should definitely be a tile limit based on your nation's capabilities
Well the Empty space won't really be empty. I'm thinking of having them be different generals and you have to either win them to your side or defeat them.

neat. probably could have city states further west, running with the theme. since there's mythological gods and whatnot, will an atlantis equivalent or the exiles from there make an appearance at all?

neat. probably could have city states further west, running with the theme. since there's mythological gods and whatnot, will an atlantis equivalent or the exiles from there make an appearance at all?
Exiles, maybe. Atlantis itself? Not so much. I suppose we will say Atlantis has been destroyed a long time ago and if you want to be tied to that go for it. But it will be much more of an "I can claim descent from the kings of Atlantis!" Thing than a real political or military threat.

Neat, those are my questions for the time being. I do look forward to trying to catch a manticore and add it to my army

Neat, those are my questions for the time being. I do look forward to trying to catch a manticore and add it to my army
Actually your Atlantis idea kind of gave me an idea. Maybe the core of the Generals and officers are Atlantean. That way it can kind of give the same feel as when the Macedonians looked down on all the other Non-Macedonian officers.

I'm thinking of a Human Faction with some sort of Behemoth Army(it wouldn't really be an army in terms of quantity). What do you think of it?

I'm thinking of a Human Faction with some sort of Behemoth Army(it wouldn't really be an army in terms of quantity). What do you think of it?
What do you mean by Behemoth? Like big monster thing?

why? maintaining such large creatures is a costly effort and every one lost is a massive expense in time, training, and wealth. why not have them as support creatures?

Basically large beasts. Giant Ape, Giant Elephant, and other giant beasts.
Um, sure thing. Just make sure you have an actual Army as well or if not I'll let you know when your Treasury is empty.

Um, sure thing. Just make sure you have an actual Army as well or if not I'll let you know when your Treasury is empty.
Yeah, there's gonna be an actual human army. The Behemoth Army was some sort of Trump Card of the old Empire. The beasts usually are asleep if not used in war.

how do you send them to sleep? how do you wake them up? how do you ensure they don't lose weight and fighting effectiveness if they spend most of their time sleeping?

Yeah, there's gonna be an actual human army. The Behemoth Army was some sort of Trump Card of the old Empire. The beasts usually are asleep if not used in war.
Ok sure, but it just kind of seems mundane if they are just really big regular animals. Also the asleep thing seems like kind of a Copout. Maybe you could go with the Mythological Behemoths.

why? maintaining such large creatures is a costly effort and every one lost is a massive expense in time, training, and wealth. why not have them as support creatures?
They are trump cards, not easily used. They hibernate if there's no war. And yes, it's a big loss if one dies but that wouldn't come easily.

how do you send them to sleep? how do you wake them up? how do you ensure they don't lose weight and fighting effectiveness if they spend most of their time sleeping?
Don't we have some sort of magic system?

Ok sure, but it just kind of seems mundane if they are just really big regular animals. Also the asleep thing seems like kind of a Copout. Maybe you could go with the Mythological Behemoths.
Like what? The Behemoths I had in mind had immense physical strength, vitality, and defense so although each loss if very heavy it wouldn't come easy.

yeah, but the magic system is mythological/godly in nature i'm pretty sure? also why would the animals hibernate? are they really that much of a trump card when they require vast amounts of food to maintain their size? it would only take some raiding of baggage trains to starve them, like the romans did with actual elephants

They are trump cards, not easily used. They hibernate if there's no war. And yes, it's a big loss if one dies but that wouldn't come easily.

Don't we have some sort of magic system?
1608095006079.png
What about you get these things? The Behemoth, the Ziz, and the Leviathan. One for Land, One for Air, and One for Water. Then you can "Summon the Kraken" so to say.

also, can we get a terrain map once character sheets are done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back