• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
that's the kind of attitude that gets you genocided, buddy
you will have to catch them first and well deserts suck even when they aren't turning into constant storms and or giant deadly quick sand pits all while your supply line is being destroyed.

also, pretty sure scorpion people aren't good floaters.
that too but then again who would want to deal with the scorpions easier to just take the hit to revenue as not even the great leader managed to do more than scatter them.

but the purpose isn't to scatter them but to exterminate them in this scenario. also, any hit to revenue is too much. we're ruthless traders for a reason.

If you were to be the former spymaster of a Conqueror however, it seems way more likely that it would be an Oligarchy of Generals rather than a Citizen Republic though.
Just pure Oligarchy would mean power slipping away from the Spymaster. He needs to add additional chains which are the people. He would attack his enemies from the front through the people and his other supporters and from the back with his army of assassins and spies.

unless the people have weapons, it's meaningless to use them. better to control the generals and the army

but the purpose isn't to scatter them but to exterminate them in this scenario. also, any hit to revenue is too much. we're ruthless traders for a reason.
what do you think that guy was trying to do sure as hell didn't want to be their friend

also you have boats boats are a far better trade method

he wanted to occupy their land? good conquerers don't exterminate enemies unless they really fuck up, like killing an envoy or something

Just pure Oligarchy would mean power slipping away from the Spymaster. He needs to add additional chains which are the people. He would attack his enemies from the front through the people and his other supporters and from the back with his army of assassins and spies.
Ok, well your complicated political system is going to bite you in the butt. Also like Albion said, the people are just recently conquered and you need to placate the generals. And I honestly can't see the Generals supporting you in your efforts to give political rights to a recently conquered people.

he wanted to occupy their land? good conquerers don't exterminate enemies unless they really fuck up, like killing an envoy or something
sounds like what they did the scorpions just do not deal with others, might have something to do with eating the enemy dead ... but yeah he likely wanted them dead and gone they just hid and started their normal screw your supply lines and convoys

their lands has the vast natural resources of ... sand

i'm pretty sure mass cremations or burials are the standard for dead soldiers after a battle, and considering you were conquered like the rest of us, i doubt you won enough battles to eat a bunch of dead.

i'm pretty sure mass cremations or burials are the standard for dead soldiers after a battle, and considering you were conquered like the rest of us, i doubt you won enough battles to eat a bunch of dead.
Actually they weren't conquered, they just hid in their caves and raided caravans, the conquest basically left them unaffected.

what a buncha assholes, not even having the decency to get conquered.

he took the desert the tribes never joined they fucked off into the desert and just made it better to say we holkd this area on paper and do nothing with it

side note they actully can't hurt your trade you would likely be selling goods to other nations on the coast who woudl then have to have their trade routes plundered and order more from you

oh, i figured, i'm just joking around mostly. this is ooc after all. speaking of, who wants to buy some excellent marble? promise there's no giant ants infesting the inside.

lol i honestly was thinking they might attack you but then i saw your nation and realized that

but yeah they are baisly just a pain in the ass to anyone having to cross the deserts around them as they are really aggressive and unified as they are to disconnected to even realize the war is over but hey at least they can't invade

hmm, that seems like an untapped market. an entire nation of people derided because of their raiding habits? surely there's a fringe tribe/clan or two willing to buy some durable goods

Kent Kent Maybe you could have a big Oligarchy/Small republic where you invited the local nobility to counterbalance the Atlantean Generals and you play them off each other? Where the local nobility control the loyalty of the people and the Generals control the loyalty of the Army? I mean that's the only way I can see this going honestly. The Satraps and the Generals. Does that make sense?

hmm, that seems like an untapped market. an entire nation of people derided because of their raiding habits? surely there's a fringe tribe/clan or two willing to buy some durable goods
why buy when you can steal from the invaders also what is buying?

ah, well, you see, if you try that you'll bring down the poseidon wrath thing; better to just trade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back