• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ◞ 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 ✧

Defender Of Stories

petals drip like blood.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

ygUgYe.gif

00.DISCLAIMER

oh boy, a search thread that starts with a disclaimer, if that isn't a red flag— hello! thank you for visiting my thread! before i go any further, i just wanted to get something out of the way—after finishing this thread and realizing how stupidly long it is, i got kind of self-conscious and thought about significantly shortening it, but i decided against it. i realize this thread is a LOT of words and infodump and that might seem (more than) a little tedious, but to be honest, the type of partner i'd be looking for is someone who isn't going to judge those big walls of text, because when i get excited and passionate, i ramble. if this is all just a little too tl;dr for you, that's completely okay! i wish you the best on your own search.

mX8UyM.jpg

01.OVERVIEW

...um! hi! i am. back at it again at krispy kreme looking for a roleplay friend. i'm a new account here, of course, but i've spent many, many years in the past roleplaying on gaia online (rip), and i've been finding it more and more difficult to find people there because i think it's just not a very high-trafficked site anymore. so now i'm expanding my horizons. i've. struggled (tm) to find what i'm looking for in the past, which is something i'm sure every person who has searched for a roleplay partner can also say, but i am!!! holding out hope that that person is out there.

i hate using this term because it's so... lame? it doesn't really mean anything? i'm not sure how to word it HAHA ;-; but honestly, more than anything specific as far as plots or character dynamics go, i'm looking for a partner i 'vibe' really well with. someone where our energy matches really well and we just. can be complete dorks together. like—lots of times i'm browsing 1 x 1 searches and i come across a thread where it's like "i feel like i would vibe so. so well with this person" based on the energy/aesthetics/etc. of their thread but i'm not knowledgeable in any of the fandoms they're looking for/they're looking for someone to play canon characters and i'm not really into writing canon characters (ofc there's nothing wrong with it, i just love OCs!), and i just. there has to be someone who's as much of an OC nerd as i am. i know you're out there, pls i'm just a loser with no friends who uses OCs to cope with life—

so, in short, this is where i'm going to dump ALLLLLL of my cravings and wishes and everything else, but pls consider this an 'i'm looking for a friend' thread as much as it is an 'i'm looking for a specific 1 x 1' thread, if not more so—i can't overstate how important it is to me to find friends who are also passionate about roleplaying. if nothing here plot-wise really captures your attention, but you feel like we might click just as, like, people... please feel free to reach out to me! i would love to just chat about dorky stuff with you! honestly, roleplaying is such a stupidly large part of my identity that i'm constantly craving connection with other people who are similarly passionate about it, and it's just. SO hard to find friends who share that passion.

some information about me and what i'm looking for, plus my biiiig dump of cravings and plots, will follow below! please don't be afraid to send me a message if anything catches your attention!!

mX8UyM.jpg

02.GUIDELINES

so, a few quick things about me to start off—

♡ i'm 27 years old, so please be 21+, and preferably 23+. i will not write with minors, sorry!

♡ i'm in the est time zone and work full time. i'm not able to have my phone while i'm on the clock, so there are chunks of time throughout the day where i can't read or respond to notifications. i miss the days when i could spend all day chatting and roleplaying, but that's just not doable for me anymore given my work schedule—however, please know that me not responding right away doesn't mean i'm not interested or invested! if i'm really hooked on a plotline/character dynamic, odds are i'm spending basically every second at work maladaptive daydreaming about it rippp. if we really click and strike up a friendship through our writing, i will make time for you, no matter what.

♡ due to my busy work schedule, i highly, highly prefer lazy lit to advanced lit. back when i had more free time, i used to write CRAZY novella-length responses, and honestly my biggest takeaway from that time is that...... writing super long, detailed responses every time isn't sustainable. it leads to burnout and stories flatlining super quickly. i'd much rather have a story that moves at a brisk pace; heck, i'd even prefer one-liners at this point to walls of text if that's what it takes to move the story forward.

♡ i would prefer to keep our roleplaying private, so no public threads, please! i used to really enjoy making public threads on gaia so i could make pretty a e s t h e t i c posts for my characters, and while i do still adore character aesthetics in any way i can incorporate them, i'd like to focus my limited free time more on the writing itself, and i also just. value privacy more and more the older i get. i swear i'm not planning on writing anything W E I R D i'm just a self-conscious loser

OCs only, pls. i'm just not interested in writing canon characters, sorry. ;-; that doesn't mean i'm not interested in discussing canon characters if we become friends, though! i'm also absolutely not opposed to roleplaying fandoms with OCs—e.g. "our OCs as magical girls as in Madoka Magica," etc.

♡ on that note, we don't need to use face claims, but if we do, digital art/illustrations only, pls. i'm just not interested in using irl face claims. i've commissioned a stupid amount of art of my OCs and i want to use it, darnit—

♡ aaaand, oh boy. here's the one i'm most nervous to say lmaorip. ; - ; i'm sorry, but i'm not comfortable writing with cis, straight men. i have nothing against them, i promise! i just. i have my personal reasons for it that i'm not going to dump on a bunch of internet strangers haha. ; v ; all i ask is to please respect this—if you're a straight, cis man, i'm not the roleplay partner you're looking for. i wish you nothing but the best in your search, though!

mX8UyM.jpg

03.PAIRINGS

just a quick list of what i am and am not comfortable with, pairing-wise, put here for easy reference—

f/f - YES.
m/m - YES, but i'm a little picky about the character dynamics here. please ask me first!
m/f - YES, but only if i'm playing the female character. i will not 'double' unless i get to know you and really trust you first. i'm sorry, i've just spent too much time writing men in m/f ships because it felt like my male characters were the only ones people wanted to interact with. even in doubling situations, it was painfully obvious when my partner was more interested in the pairing where i played the male character. i'm tired and just want to give my female OCs attention now that i've grown out of my cringe, internalized misogyny phase. :')
platonic - YES. UNDERRATED.
polyamory - ALSO UNDERRATED. i am pretty much always searching for a specific m/m/f poly ship dynamic; please feel free to ask about it if you'd be interested!
dark themes/angst - YES, i adore these, but i also do have limits; please see below.

significant age gaps, especially if one party is a minor - NO. if all parties involved are consenting adults, that's totally okay; it's just not what i'm looking for.
power imbalances like teacher/student - NO, pls.
taboo subjects like incest, r*pe, and abuse - i'm okay with these being present in characters' backstories, but NOT as part of the dynamics of an active ship.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯​

this also might sound a little weird/overly-specific, but i generally don't like it if two characters in a ship are too similar to each other. i'm a big fan of opposites attracting and such. below are some examples of some of my favorite ship dynamics, with the role i would want to play in bold.

soft/gentle girl x tough, guarded girl - ♡♡♡
energetic, outgoing boy x moody, closed-off boy - ♡♡♡ (big big bonus points for shounen rivals feels—bickering, trying to one-up each other, would also die for each other)
two girls weathering the ups-and-down of life and love together, going through various failed (male) love interests before finally realizing their feelings for each other - ♡♡♡
soft/gentle girl x tough 'bad' boy - ♡ (with the focus being on subverting their initial appearances—as in, the 'soft' girl has more demons than she lets on, and the 'bad' boy has a good heart)
serious and introverted girl x cocky and outgoing boy - ♡
ultra-feminine girl x "princely" bifauxnen-type girl - ♡
protective surrogate older brother/sister + surrogate little brother/sister - ♡♡ (major found family vibes)

power trio - think naruto/sasuke/sakura, sora/riku/kairi, eren/armin/mikasa, etc. - ♡♡♡♡♡ (LOVELOVELOVE, please ask me about this one)

mX8UyM.jpg

04.ORIGINAL PLOTS

i highly favor original plots and am VERY flexible when it comes to them, so please feel free to ask about anything! even so, i will list some of my general preferences and some more specific plots i've thought about here. please note that i am very open to variations/tweaks on the specific plots i describe, though, so feel free to suggest anything!

urban/supernatural fantasy - i am ALWAYS ready for some good old angels/demons/vampires, etc. action!
death games - PLEASE, PLEASE someone plot out a death game with me—
over-the-top action, anime vibes - listen i just like writing my OCs doing stupidly flashy/badass things sometimes
dystopian - YES, let's worldbuild a dystopia together!
post-apocalyptic - it depends on the specific sub-genre (e.g. i'm not super into zombies), but i love putting characters in tough survival situations
survival horror - UNDERRATED. let me traumatize my babies.
shounen tropes - i have SUCH a love-hate relationship with shounen. i love those crazy shounen power systems where every character has a unique, signature ability, and i LOVE—no, would die for—the classic Shounen Trio as a trope. however, it's no secret that shounen tends to be... awful in general to its female characters. so basically, i would be THRILLED to write something with all the mechanics and 'feel' of shounen, but without the misogyny.
AUs and headcanons - let's throw the same ship/OCs in multiple scenarios just for fun. let's make ourselves cry with feels for no reason or laugh over crack ideas. pls hyperfixate with me. let's build a multiverse together.

medieval/high fantasy - generally not my main interest, although i can be persuaded otherwise for the right kind of plot
sci-fi - same as above, generally not my main interest, although i can be persuaded otherwise for the right kind of plot
pure slice-of-life - i tend to have a hard time staying invested in a purely grounded/"realistic" story; i usually like to have some kind of underlying hook/more action-driven plot to carry the story forward!

For the specific plots listed below, the role listed in bold (if applicable) is the role I would prefer to play.

SEVEN LITTLE DEVILS
Seven people wake up in elaborately-designed death traps with no memory of how they got there and a timer ticking towards their demise. After they escape, they are revealed to have been captured and placed in a deadly game themed after the seven deadly sins, with the mysterious Game Master having assigned each of the participants a particular sin based on their deepest regrets and mistakes. The seven participants must then survive an increasingly-deadly set of games and traps and each other if they wish to escape and find a chance at redemption.

- since a death game ofc involves the death of multiple characters, the way I envision is doing this is for each of us to have a “main” that is generally expected to make it through most of the game, although they will of course not be immune to suffering/trauma/maiming/etc. The rest of the characters, we will play as NPCs, and we can either decide which order each dies in or leave it up to chance/dice rolls!

SWISS ARMY GIRL
An assassin, trained from childhood, is sent on a mission to eliminate a mark like any other—but her mission, and her entire worldview at that, crumbles when her mark turns out to be a deserter from the very same organization that trained her, and one who opens her eyes to the fact that she, along with all of the other children trained as weapons, has been used and abused for evil her entire life. Now, with the ghosts of their past misdeeds haunting them at every turn, these two trained killers turn their sights on the organization that created them in the first place, seeking to bring the empire crumbling down and spare any other children from a similar dark fate.

CUTTING THE THREAD
In this world, people are born with birthmarks that are exact matches for one other person on earth, who is said to be their fated soul mate. An assassin, trained since childhood, is sent to eliminate a mark, like any other mission—but the mission takes a sharp turn for the unexpected when the assassin discovers their target has a birthmark that matches their own exactly.

ENEMY MINE
A vampire hunter's destiny is derailed when she is turned into a vampire herself in a hunt-gone-wrong. Struggling with bloodlust and a new identity as one of the creatures she always hated and feared, she can offer little resistance when the vampire takes her as prisoner. Instead of torturing her for an eternity as she expected, though, the vampire gives her the tantalizing offer of helping to curb and train her new bloodthirsty nature and abilities. Not that such an offer comes without a price, of course...

KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSE
A variation on the above plot. A vampire hunter's destiny is derailed when she is turned into a vampire herself in a hunt-gone-wrong. Struggling with bloodlust and a new identity as one of the creatures she always hated and feared, she prepares to face death with as much dignity she can muster by allowing her former partner as a hunter to kill her... only to be stunned when her partner refuses, instead choosing to stand by her and help her fight through this murky new fate. In doing so, of course, the pair have branded themselves enemies of the very hunters they once fought beside, and they must now survive in a world where it seems an enemy is at every turn.

OFF WITH HER HEAD
A hero is tasked with an important mission to slay a monster. What they find instead of a creature of unspeakable horror, however, is a woman, chained up like a prisoner, seemingly defenseless and appearing utterly harmless. Does this woman truly have the horrific power the hero has been led to believe? What is her true nature and the nature of the mission itself?

- If you're familiar with it, you've probably already guessed that this is heavily inspired by Slay the Princess! I'm not particularly looking to incorporate the more meta aspects of that story (i.e. the narrator and the different voices picking apart the narrative and its mechanics), but I would love to incorporate some kind of the time loop element in a more straightforward, non self-referential narrative. This one is more of a concept that anything too developed, and the concept in itself is vague and mysterious, so it would require some mutual brainstorming to flesh it out more.

SECOND CHANCE OPS
A secretive group has been operating just under the radar for years, approaching people in desperate situations—inmates on death row, orphans, victims of debt—and offering them a new life. In exchange for a clean slate, these so-called Second Chance Ops are trained in the art of espionage and combat and are tasked with a variety of assignments ranging from subterfuge to outright killing. Although they may have a new life, just how much of it belongs to them?

-for this one, we could do a purely real-world based take on it, but I would also LOVE to try an interpretation where the organization are explicitly inhuman, and the Ops are essentially trading their souls while receiving infernal powers in return.

SWAN SONG
At a prestigious dance academy for young girls, a hyper-competitive instructor fosters an environment of enmity among the students: the competition is fierce, but it always comes down to two girls, one of whom tends to shine just a little brighter while the other can’t quite seem to catch up. Unbeknownst to most of their peers, though, their conflict persists beyond the dance floor: both of these ballerinas secretly moonlight as magical girls who fight to defend the city from nightmarish creatures, each day a bitter struggle for survival. Through their struggles, the girls will come to discover new truths about each other and perhaps uncover some dark parallels between their academy and the mysterious system that contracts magical girls.

PRIMA
Similar initial set-up to the above—a prestigious dance academy for young girls in which two girls in particular struggle for the top spot. In this iteration, though, the school has overtly dark/cult-like undertones, and the girls’ classes include… unconventional topics like desensitizing them to violence, withstanding torture, etc. With the school’s prima ballerina having recently vacated her position, there is now a open spot, and the two girls are struggling to prove themselves worthy—but with rumors circling and secrets lurking, perhaps being the prima ballerina isn’t all it seems on the surface.

-this one would definitely involve some kind of dark supernatural force—vampires? Demons? Witches? We can talk it out!

AVENGING EVE
In a world where demons have wrought destruction on much of human society, the church is a far cry from what it used to be, now resembling more of a militarized force that holds the reins to human society by virtue of being humanity’s main defense against the demonic onslaught. The church’s crown jewels are exorcists, elite fighters who wield faith and angelic power as their weapons against demonic forces. The patriarchal foundations of the church are stronger than ever, though, with only men being permitted to take up the cross of an exorcist; heartening back to tales of Eve’s temptation in the Garden of Eden, women are viewed as susceptible to demonic influence or even as vessels for demonic power and are thus barred from positions of power in the church. Upon this scene arrives a young woman who, after slaying a demon, is permitted to enter the ranks of the exorcists on probationary terms. She must fight to prove herself and to survive, as the question of whether she is the exorcists’ ally or their prisoner grows increasingly murky.

- this one would of course require quite a bit of worldbuilding, which I would be happy to discuss with you! Some more sensitive topics like Biblical themes, abuse of power in positions of church leadership, and gender inequality would likely come up here, so please be mindful of that.

mX8UyM.jpg

05.FANDOMS

as mentioned above, i am only interested in roleplaying OCs, but i am not opposed to writing plots set in fandom-specific universes! here is a short list of fandoms i am aware of/invested in the worldbuilding of and would be happy to roleplay scenarios for original characters in.

puella magi madoka magica - ♡♡♡
the hunger games - ♡♡♡
your turn to die - ♡♡♡
nine hours, nine persons, nine doors - ♡♡
soul eater - ♡
claymore - ♡♡
harvest moon/stardew valley/story of seasons or anything adjacent - ♡
god eater/code vein - ♡♡♡
the path (tale of tales game) - ♡♡♡ (this is very specific and niche, i know; if you even know what this is, i will love you forever)
magical girl raising project - ♡
rule of rose - ♡
kingdom hearts - ♡
evangelion - ♡♡
marvel, specifically the red room/black widow-specific plotlines - ♡♡♡
wonder egg priority - ♡♡♡ (but, like, what the original premise seemed like it was going to be—an empathetic allegory for young women's mental health issues—NOT whatever weird 'lol women are irrational and emotional' thing it ended up being in the end)
vocaloid pv-inspired - ♡♡♡♡♡ (this is so niche and specific, i know, but i feel like someone else must have been stricken by the craving to play out scenarios inspired by vocaloid videos you watched way back in the day. some of my favorites include alice human sacrifice, dark woods circus, wide knowledge of the late madness, rolling girl, bad end night, etc. but feel free to suggest your own!)

if there's one not listed here that you'd be interested in, feel free to ask!

mX8UyM.jpg

06.PLAYLIST

- i protect stories. ( click song number for individual links )

01⠀⠀ashes of eden | breaking benjamin⠀⠀are you with me through it all? then why can't i feel you?
02⠀⠀breezeblocks | alt-J (∆) ⠀⠀please don't go, i'll eat you whole / i love you so, i love you so, i love you so
03⠀⠀carnivore | starset⠀⠀all my life they let me know how far i would not go
04⠀⠀carrion flowers | chelsea wolfe⠀⠀creatures of habit, carrion flowers growing from repeated crimes
05⠀⠀cliff notes | emarosa⠀⠀this isn't war, this isn't courage; and i don't believe that you're okay
06⠀⠀dynasty | miia⠀⠀and now you're just a page torn from the story i'm living
07⠀⠀guns for hands | twenty-one pilots⠀⠀but you all have guns, and you never put the safety on
08⠀⠀kids | mgmt⠀⠀but i thought this wouldn't hurt a lot; i guess not
09⠀⠀locked up | ingrid michaelson⠀⠀love, love, love is everywhere, but not a drop for me to drink
10⠀⠀only if for a night | florence + the machine⠀⠀and although i was burning, you're the only light
11⠀⠀ricochet | starset⠀⠀but when i send my heart your way, it bounces off the walls you made
12⠀⠀a little pain | trapnest⠀⠀if i close my eyes, even this little pain is dear to me
13⠀⠀hitogawari | kikuohana⠀⠀please only loan me kisses if your lips are dressed in red
14⠀⠀perfect machine | starset⠀⠀lay your heart into my perfect machine; i will use it to protect you from me
15⠀⠀no halo | sorority noise⠀⠀so i didn't show up to your funeral, but i showed up to your house
16⠀⠀no time to die | billie eilish⠀⠀you were my life, but life is far away from fair
17⠀⠀one more time | blink-182⠀⠀and i know that next time ain't always gonna happen; i gotta say 'i love you' while we're here

mX8UyM.jpg

07.CONCLUSION

...and that's about it! if you've sincerely read this far, thank you for taking the time out of your day to do so. if you feel even a little bit of an inkling that we might get along, please feel free to reach out! if you're interested in one of the plots/pairings/etc. i've listed or have one of your own, even better! i'm a stupidly shy and anxious person, so i apologize if i'm a little awkward at first, but i promise there's nothing i want more than to connect with people who are as passionate about roleplaying/stories/characters as i am.

have a nice day!

Last edited:
slowly catching up on PMs, i got covid so i'm lowkey a mess rn and a quick lil thread bump is all i can muster the energy to do at the moment, i'm so sorry ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back