• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DBZ-Piracy on the Sea of Stars

No...to get as big a bonus of it from control as from berserker rage, you have to be this system's equivalent of a genius (maxed out Intelligence). And you have to roll well, even then. It just...frankly it kinda sucks compared to the DBZ Oozaru from the various official properties.

From what I can tell, Edama can either attempt to dodge (Costing him two fatigue, rolling 1 dice against Merrik's 3 successes) or he can take it on the chin, taking 5 damage and one fatigue, and be on fire.

There's no good response for me. I try to dodge, I fail and still take 5 damage and am on fire. I take it on the chin, I still take 5 damage and am on fire.

My understanding is, if you actually succeed in getting a positive number of successes on your attack, you hit. However, the attack can then be dodged or parried. On top of that, if you do deal damage, you subtract the target's toughness from the raw damage dealt

@Thief of Words : I appreciate the offer, but I'm playing offline on the 360, actually, because my toaster of a PC couldn't handle the game. Truth be told, though, Kumba and Liika are based off characters my friend and I made, which came out to become their own Nappa and Vegeta-esque duo.

As for Oozaru out of nowhere, it's fine now, as we're all learning, and what Thief says is true; that Bardock and his comrades did was something similar. However, I'd posit that such a thing could be done if you have such a machine as what Edama has, but requires an int+Tech use at difficulty 3 to use. Or, do the Power Ball technique that Vegeta does, which I would says is a 7 ki technique to produce such a blutz wave-producing ball.

As for Oozaru being terrible and unwieldy to use, I think it makes sense. Only Vegeta seemed to be able to use it well, and he was more or less a genius fighter, and even he hated using it.

Have you seen the Bardock movie? They made quite proficient use of it as a coordinated squad. And they demonstrably weren't the brightest bulbs in the drawer.

I had always gotten the impression Vegeta hated the indignity of having to use a civilization-destroying form to fight one lousy low-class Saiyan.

Ahh.. Sorry. I sorta poured Fifty or so EXP into this attack with the intent of it being my main form of attack, y'know? He's all Ki, pretty much nothing else, right now- so I made sure to make his one Ki attack A) As efficient as possible so I could use it as a Basic Attack and B) As deadly as possible.

I feel kinda bad now, but uh... Yeah. On the other hand I have 1 Agility and no Defensive stats other than Ki Control, so..

Also, I think the real reason Oozaru sucks is because you start the game with it.

Oh well...I get 3 dice to blocking. Maybe I'll get unreasonably lucky...

One sec. Need to see what I need to do for the 10.

I have seen both Bardock specials, and while I prefer TFS' versions, IIRC, the first special's quips about the rest of the squad not remembering what happened when they went into Oozaru suggests to me that it takes a highly trained or, in the case of Vegeta, too bloody-minded mind to revert to their animal instincts.

Also, Vegeta's refusal to use the power ball may be partly that, and partly being forced into such a corner to begin with. But such is Vegeta's character. He loves being in charge, and it's easy to get one over on him if you know that.

@SephirothSage : I suppose turnabout will be fair play, then, when giant monkey gets to take a swing. I'm wondering, though, what Tempura and Macaroon will think when Edama smashes the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I SUCCEEDED AT BLOCKING!!!! :D Transformation Round 2 is a go!

Holy crap my dice luck is insanely favorable right now.

I built Maiden's rebuke to hint at the power the final form of the attack would possess.

Did you succede at the second block, tho? Cus I did already roll my round 2 attack.... Mrm.

And if I get my way, the Giant Monkey won't get to take a swing.

SephirothSage said:
Did you succede at the second block, tho? Cus I did already roll my round 2 attack.... Mrm.
And if I get my way, the Giant Monkey won't get to take a swing.
I succeeded at 2 blocks so far. You have one more shot to interrupt Edama's transformation.

Going to laugh, though, if Oozaru Edama is as lazy as the normal thing. He just sits down and yawns, stretching, then lays out to sleep.

So....does taking damage interrupt the final turn of a transfo? Especially since my turn 3 would happen before his attack landed?

Dietaku said:
Congratulations, @Thief of Words , I'm now imagining Vegeta, Nappa and the other Elites as being heavy drinkers. It makes sense in a weird way.
You're welcome!

The PDF doesn't mention it, so, I'd say it doesn't, at least, if it's not dealing levels of fatigue beyond knocking you out. So, if you can tank it and keep conscious, I'd say you're fine to continue your transformation.

And SephirothSage is correct. Edama is still a-flamin'. What to do, what to do?

The damage of an attack is the attribute used+The successes on an attack, minus the Toughness of the target. So, if you rolled really well, you could potentially do way more.

Ooh, question. Just to be sure: My turn 1: transform. His turn 1: attack 1 / block 1. My turn 2: transform. His turn 2 Attack 2/Block 2. My turn 3: OOZARU TIME! His turn 3: attack 3 / Block 3. Because if so...I get 5 bonus dice on that last block.

EDIT: No matter. Fails even if so. xD Anyway, your control now, @Dietaku .

..... What? Oozaru bonuses should /not/ apply on anything defensive, though.

Your a /bigger/, /easier to hit/ target.

What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back