• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DBZ-Piracy on the Sea of Stars

Dietaku

Crimson Cool Sage
This thread is for all OoC discussion of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have 60 Xp to spend on his training /get-out-of-a-bad-assignment method. Hmm... How badly can a suicidal attack maul him without flat killing him...."You're joking, right? This way I get better as fast, plus a free ticket to a day or so in the recovery chambers."

I could come up with a Suicidal Attack that hits pretty hard for an okay drawback. It's probably best to have at least a point or so of toughness before making one, though- Your Toughness + Str is HP, so.... I mean, a single level of suicidal does 3 Damage to you on hit.

Well, it is every point is 5 point of HP. And tops, the suicidal modifier does 15...so as long as you have a net 4+ to Str+Tou, then you'll still be conscious and fighting.

Yep. Also, I'd looked at raising Toughness...but I'd have to find a way to make an attack cost nothing...which I'm pretty sure isn't possible. Mostly because it'd use my last 60 points.

As an aside...it's technically possible to make the worst move possible. For a tiny fraction of an xp.

Ball, Damage Amp 0, Ki Use 10, Charge 5, Small, Suicidal 5, Shockwave. Cost to learn: 0.0087890625.

Deals no damage to the enemy, 15 points to you, 5 fatigue to you, easier to dodge, costs 10 Ki, and takes 5 turns to charge up to usability.

Actually, that's not the version you'd want to learn. The version you'd want to learn rounds up to 3 xp in cost. Ball, Shockwave, Ki use: 1, Charge: 0, Size: Small, Suicidal 5, Quickshot 5.

You break the space-time continuum if done as Quickshot is written...because it causes you to use it before you actually try to. Potentially. The effect is worse the fewer characters there are in the initiative order. Easily fixed though, by simply saying it caps at putting you at the top of the initiative order for the round instead of lapping the initiative order for extra actions per round.

I love the Sheer Contrast here, by the way.

My Character wants every fight he's in to seem as effortless as possible for him.

Yours goes out of their way to make it look difficult and hard won so as to look weaker.

Ohh this is fun.

SephirothSage said:
I love the Sheer Contrast here, by the way.
My Character wants every fight he's in to seem as effortless as possible for him.

Yours goes out of their way to make it look difficult and hard won so as to look weaker.

Ohh this is fun.
If you don't want people to ask you to do something, you say yes. Once. And then you do as terrible a job of it as is possible, all the while trying to seem as helpful and well-meaning as possible.

@Dietaku Mind, Edama's not quite finished yet. Still need to spend some xp. I'd spend some on another Ki technique...but that'd be pretty well out of character to have done so, I imagine...so I'll figure something out.

Forgot: it might be easier to fake being injured by someone else if I'm not having to direct a ball of force at myself. This way he can aim the shockwave underneath him to show the blast affecting the ground around him...

Some character notes on Edama:

1: There's a reason he has no ranks in Sense Ki. At this point in the story, no one in the PTO who survived Namek intact knows that skill's even possible. Even if he did, he'd not bother to train it. "That's what scouters are for."

2: The reason he has Strength 4. So...on his first independent deployment he managed to trigger augmented gravity on the ship. Too embarrassed to admit it wasn't intentional, he just grinned and bore it on subsequent deployments so he wouldn't seem stupid.

3: How did he survive the thinning of Saiyan ranks? Easy: he's demonstrably the least ambitious or threatening Saiyan alive. He overslept, accepted the excuses given, and no one really considered him threatening enough to give a second thought.

I mean. I would know Sense Ki is possible, being from earth, but I just haven't worked on it yet. It's a lost skill I forgot, like all my skills, and am trying to remember.

As an aside, I couldn't find a good image for mine anywhere, but generally, think of Hafthor Björnsson (who plays the Mountain that Rides on the GoT tv show). That sort of slightly padded, stocky muscle.

But with Saiyan hair. And a bit of pudge around the muscle.

Also, I found music for the two of you.

Launch's daughter:

[media]

[/media]
Demon-Diva:

[media]

[/media]
For mine, I'd probably go with:

[media]

[/media]

@SephirothSage : I hope you didn't misconstrue my statement that my character came to this planet to see you preform as I brought you from earth to preform here.

Also, is there anyway to remove the Apoliseno dialog from the character thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back