• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dashing through the Lane

Characters
Here
Yuchino did not at all appreciate the girls' gossiping behind her back. To be polite, she tolerated it for a minute...a couple minutes...Okay, the comment about her not appreciating fire was enough. "I am not afraid to use fire!" She squeaked, with her cheeks full of fish. "I just like my food wild-caught! I'm just 'feral', that's all!" At least, that's what people said. She didn't know exactly what "feral" meant, but it sounded like something to be proud of.

She clambered towards Commander as soon as the smell of chocolate tickled her nose. "Dessert?" She asked softly, sitting and staring at Commander expectantly.

Unfortunately, it was time for everybody to line up. Yuchino watched their practice with interest, while Bataan ran towards her, yelling at her that she couldn't do something. "Can't what?" She turned to face her. "Can't feed myself?"

Crow Crow

“The hell's going on right now there?” Katsuo muttered in annoyance, looking over past the docks where a commotion was ongoing before heading off towards the aforementioned location, paying little mind to Hikaru's remark that his instant ramen noodles are gonna turn soggy the longer he ignored it.

“Oi, what's happening now over there? It sounded a little too chaotic to be a- ...huh?”

Whatever the fiery-headed teenager had to add soon dashed out of his mind the moment his eyes fixed upon a burning crab being barbeque-d by a....burning Shipgirl as well as the sight of the girl whom he had recovered a quill for back on the island just munching onto a freshly caught fish without bothering to remove the scales. What soon came out of his mouth held a tone that matched the intensity of his hair colour's tone.

“THE HELL ARE YOU DOING JUST EATING A CRAB WHILE ON FIRE LIKE THAT!? FRY THEM PROPERLY DAMMIT! THAT'S NOT EVEN HOW YOU PREPARE A BBQ CRAB FOR *convenient censor bleep*-'S SAKE!”

Soon after screaming his lungs out at Laffey, he turned to look at Yuchino, looking as if he was about to use the same 1000 decibel yelling utilised seconds earlier....only for his glare to diminish significantly before letting off a sigh. He soon looked back at the young girl with a calmer tone (supposingly in hopes of not scaring her) and spoke.

“Also, if you're seriously gonna just eat the fish like that, at least get rid of the scales if not its spines first. Right now you're basically just chewing some "plastic"-like plates covering its body.”

(Biting onto those scales will not be pleasant at the very least. Fun fact: Fish scales are made out of enamel and dentine (like teeth), so let that sink in. There's a reason why culinary school students often are taught to use a fish scaler on the fishes before preparing a seafood meal out of it as shown below: )
XMT-HOME-Kitchen-tools-manual-fish-scaler-fishing-scalers-fish-cleaning-knife-cleaner-tweezers-for-fish.jpg

Crow Crow P PopcornPie

"Eep!" Bataan was intimidated by Yuchino's sudden outburst.

"OK..." Laffey adds, "Javelin can you set Laffey on fire again? Laffey wants a do-over..."

"Laffey no!"

"Did anyone say something?"

"Ayanami, this isn't a good time to run a joke into the ground," Amazon says as she takes Ayanami's ears from her nonexistent pockets and puts them back on.

"Oh, I almost thought I had a sudden ear infection. I apologise, Amazon-sensei."

"You three are part of why I started to respect that Ironblood friend of yours, you know that," Amazon adds.

"A good thing?"

"In this context, no."

"He kind of has a point, when all the edible fish in the world are eaten, only the toughest survive. If we eat big fish, small fish become dominant. If we eat fish that are soft to pierce, the harder ones rise up and populate the seas. If you want to play predator, be prepared for prey to fight back, even if they're dead-ed-ed-ed," the blonde Commander adds, "also, can I have a little word with you in my office, Yuchino?"

Crow Crow P PopcornPie SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03

"Yeah! That's a stupid way to eat crab!" Yuchino nodded fiercely, then returned to her fish, only for Katsuo's shadow to fall over her. "Eh?"

"Yeah, I know about the scales."
Yuchino answered him blankly. "I don't mind. They just get stuck in my teeth, that's all. And they used to scratch my throat. I just need to toughen it out, and then I'll get to the flesh! Like so!" She took a big bite, pulling out a hefty wad of scales and flesh, which she slowly chewed like a sleepy squirrel. She also agreed with Commander's speech, and puffed her chest as though she was meant to be an example of prey fighting back. Unfortunately, she turned out to be in trouble with Commander instead. "A wuhd?" Her voice was muffled by flesh and scales. "I dunh lieh wuhds..."

Crow Crow

“...you're seriously one tough girl you know that...?” Katsuo spoke, watching as Yuchino continued eating the fish without getting bothered by the scales at the very least before pinching the bridge of his nose as he looked at the blond commander. “I've been meaning to ask this: Are we allowed to borrow the kitchen in the cafeteria? The lack of a stove in our room isn't really letting cook some meals that Hikaru and I had in mind.”

P PopcornPie Crow Crow

"Sure, go ahead. I'll tell Marblehead you're coming and let you use some space. Not that what she's doing needs much... hopefully..."

The blonde Commander turns to Yuchino.

"Just follow me, little lady. One-to-ones are better with a lot of privacy."

P PopcornPie SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 Crow Crow

“Thank you ma'am.” Katsuo responded, bowing with gratitude while approaching him from behind was Hikaru, who was still eating his instant cup ramen before speaking.

“Katsuo, your noodles, remember?”

“Alright alright I get it! Anyway, we got the pass on borrowing the kitchen.”

Katsuo notified the other half of W as the two of them went back. Hopefully the kitchen had some salmon, rice and seaweed to spare.

Crow Crow

Memory_Task_Background_1.png

"Here we are. Nice, snuggly and- wait, where's my paperwork?"

AlbacoreBanner.png

"Nihihi~" the character whose full portrait I cannot display otherwise the mods will slam me with the hammer even though she's from a 12+ game giggles, "I don't know~ it was probably the wind~."

Right beside her was a stack of papers stacked into a grand castle.

"Help me find this 'wind', please. I believe I saw her near Taihou recently."

"Roger, ma'am!"

"Thank you, Albacore."

Albacore runs out.

"Nyeeheehee.. I'll get her someday..." the blonde Commander mutters, then turns to Yuchino, grabbing the document castle, placing it on the table and disassembling it. "Aaaaaanyways, where were we? Ah yes, take a seat, Yuchino.

Well I'll skip step one of the usual and move on to this - do you ever think about how others are feeling?"

P PopcornPie

The kitchen wasn't that hard to identify, due to whoever being in it being pretty loud.

"No no NOOO!

IMG_20200419_124606.jpg

Everything was supposed to be perfect! How did I fail this time?"

In front of this woman was a tray of less-than-perfect chocolate chip cookies, some of them appearing to be similiar in feature to a volcano with various magma-hiding cracks.

SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03

“Yikes....those biscuits don't seem to look like they're in good shape at the very least.”

“Indeed, I could almost hear them crying about the destruction that the heat has done to them...”

Hikaru responded to Kamen Rider W's right half while the duo held a deadpan expression that masked their sympathy for both the baker and the ruined pastries that lay before her.

“Excuse me ma'am? Do you mind if I take a look at the recipe you're following?”

Crow Crow

"Oh, you must be Hikaru and Katsuo. My Commander told me that you two would be coming... but I didn't think it'd be that soon. This is embarassing..."

The lady scratches her head.

"I'm Omaha-class Light Cruiser Marblehead... I'm not sure if I'd feel too good about interrupting your kitchen time but... if you say so..."

Marblehead, as she introduced herself, hands over a piece of paper. Everything was in volume, and none of the ingredients were measured in grams, for starters. Additionally, the writings measured temperatures in Fahrenheit.

“Measurements aren't wrong from what I've seen.” Hikaru commented as he read, “Some of the ingredients being measured by volume or cups isn't exactly unheard of at the very least. Same could be said for some of the ingredients being measured by a teaspoon such as the vanilla extract. Although......”

He went over to the oven and checked the marking above one of its knobs, glancing back at the recipe note before shifting his gaze towards Marblehead.

“I actually like how informative this note is regarding the amount of temperature needed to produce either a batch of cakey cookies or crispy cookies, but you're using a ° Celsius oven for a recipe that utilises a ° Fahrenheit oven. For example, the oven should've been preheated at around 190 - 191°C for the crispy-cakey chocolate chip cookie listed here.”

Crow Crow

Yuchino watched the discourse over paperwork with confusion. Someone with blond hair and headphones was messing with them, constructing a lovely castle. Rather than join her in her construction, Commander instructed the builder to go find someone named "Wind". "Wind?" Yuchino parroted, sitting herself down. "But it's a windless day outside."

"Of course I need to think about how others are feeling!"
Her eyes glimmered knowingly. "I need their feelings to power me!" She patted her organ, which wasn't filled to bursting for once.

Crow Crow

"My name's Trey, I guess..." some of his social awkwardness was beginning to set in, some things stayed the same despite the different locale, the robot had expelled some sand from its interior as well as some other sea creatures, Trey was fast enough to get his arm up and cover his eyes, but he was still covered in a layer sand. the robot retreated behind as it emitted a short series of beeps, try looked at the clothes he was wearing and saw that some of the sand had landed on them as well. He sighed audibly has he watched a very disconcerting exchange between the girls on the water, from one roleplaying as a arsonists target to then roasting various crabs and fish, a look of confusion and concern replaced his former neutral expression as he watched the utter nonsense unfold before him, he audibly cringed when he saw Yuchino take a bite of raw fish, the deafening shouts of Amazon didn't help and Trey turned back towards the two women by the bench.

"
Is there any place to change or shower?" he asked as he started ruffling his hair violently to get the sand out. "Also... you wouldn't happen to have spare clothes?" he mumbled the last question, he didn't like talking to strangers and it only made it worse that he had to ask them favors now too. He looked towards his feet as he shifted uncomfortably, he would yell at the robot later, now he felt like he needed a stiff drink and some quiet.

Crow Crow

"This is going to be hard, not that I was ever an expert to begin with, nyeehee..." the blonde Commander utters under her breath. "Well anyways, some of these emotions that you just induced in people are generally seen as negative, per say. Some rage here, a little sadness there. Life's already full of ups and downs, try not to be one of its downs."

P PopcornPie

"But the- huh?"

Yes, the ovens did use the good old Eagle Union degrees F. But...

"Who taped this here?"

A good old F was taped over a C, but now that tape was gone.

Light giggling could be heard closeby.

"Well, that's one problem settled, but I really hope that problem wasn't hiding any other problems."

"Well, we're kind of around the same size, so I think my clothes will fit you just fine," Enterprise says, "it's my outing clothes but I'm not planning any outings lately. Why not you wait outside the Eagle Union dorms while I go grab them. As for where to bathe, the guest dorms have a good bathroom to use. You've got a room there, don't you?"

Midrick Midrick

"Good!" Yuchino smiled. "I need anger. Anger makes my muscles feel bigger." She playfully punched the air. "And then, I fire the energy at my enemy! Peeeeeew!" She outstretched her arms like a wizard casting a spell. "But the sadness? I don't need the sadness. It just makes everything cold and musty."

Crow Crow

"No, but I do seek people who are angry." Yuchino answered innocently. "One time, I met someone who was so angry, the mana I absorbed helped me bust down a wall!"

Crow Crow

"Is there any need to bust a wall right now?" the blonde Commander asks. "or bust anything, really. So, if not everytime, how often are you a cause of these negative emotions? You know, aside from today."

P PopcornPie

Commander was quite right. This was a time of peace. When you lived the way Yuchino did, you needed every second of peace you could get.

"Uuuummmm..." Yuchino put her fingertips to her lips. "Well, sometimes, I make people scared of me...Sometimes I accidentally make farmers and gardeners mad when I help myself to their crops..."

Crow Crow

"There we go, there we go. I see the problem. In my long yours of experience, I've realised that words aren't enough to fix a problem! From what I can tell, living among the sons and daughters of humanity is difficult for you, and when it's as difficult as that, it's not something I can just say in words. Hang around me for a while and my girls and I will teach you the ropes, what do you say, little fella?" The blonde Commander grinned.

P PopcornPie

For a prolonged period, Yuchino just sat with her lips pressed shut, and her eyes staring blankly ahead. "What is she talking about? I'm good with people! There were lots of Miletans for me to talk to back home! Chief Duncan never complained!" Nor did she actively make people angry or afraid, as she may or may not have implied. She just sensed and absorbed the stuff as she went on her way. Even now, her hungry organ was slurping up Commander's aura. It carried the zesty sparkle of excitement, but also bore the smooth, cold texture of worry.

"So...You'll help me find people who aren't scary? There's an easier way to do that?" The young'un tilted her head, seemingly excited. "Show me! My trip has been so lonely!"

Crow Crow

Last edited:
"You could say that. But before I do that I have stuff to tend to, then I'll return to grab you. It won't take long. Albacore can watch you."

"I'm baaack~ I couldn't find the wind~ maybe he was afraid of me~?"

"Albacore we live right next to the sea, the wind is everywhere. Anyways, can you watch over Yuchino for me while I do things? You know, the other guy's important presentation. It's a completely off-screen thing that would've had bearing on a now-scrapped plot point."

"Aye aye Commander! You're the boss! Wait, what did you say?"

"Nothing! Have fun! BRB!"

The blonde Commander dashed away like lightning.

"Nihihi! Let's play!" Albacore says to Yuchino.

EL UPDATE

After a while, the blonde Commander returns to pick Yuchino.

"OK Yuchino, just one more thing. This one's real important, everyone's there, so follow me."

It seemed that our lovely cast members were all gathered in front of a shop, alongside the redheaded Commander, Laffey, Javelin, Ayanami and Z23.

And Trey borrowed a lovely shirt from Enterprise.

"Nice shirt, man," the redheaded Commander complimented Trey.

As the gang steps in, they are greeted by a shop decorated with various knickknacks, supplies and whatnot.

Akashi.png

"Welcome to Akashi Shop, nya~."

The one who previously introduced herself as Akashi greets our gang.

"You know what we're here for, Akashi. You know I'm saving up for a Oath ring, can't really afford spend any Gems, now can I?"

"Wha-"
"Huh-"

Ayanami and Z23 look at their Commander in shock, blushing a bit.

"You know you get a free one right?"

"Oh, you're right, must be somewhere in my room. But we're getting off-topic here."

"Yeah, let's cut down the chit-chat, nya," Akashi says, then turns to someone else in the store, "Shiranui, go watch the store while I'm busy, nya, and don't give discounts."

Shiranui.png

"Got it."

Akashi leads all to the basement of the store, filled with all kinds of gadgets, inventions and giant machines.

Memory_Task_Background_1.png

"I don't think I need to say this, but don't touch anything, nya. Now that I've said that I'm not obligated to pay for your insurance in case something goes wrong, nya."

"You said you were examining the Siren in your lab, weren't you? Can I see her before we move on to the main thing?" the redheaded Commander asks.

"Oh, yeah, I should do that, now shouldn't I? Come here."

Saber's doppelgengar, Mysterious Heroine X, was hooked up to a machine.

mhx_anger.png

"Unhand me, curs! I sense a Saber nearby! I must slay her!"

Yuubari.png

"Well, Akashi, the Siren is well-secured."

"Thank you, Yuubari," Akashi says, then explains to the others, mainly the Commanders, "the thing about this Siren prisoner you've captured is that she's... well... a lot less Siren that the KAN-SEN themselves. 'One is enough' really doesn't cut it, especially in scenarios like this. I suspect that some other force is interfering with nature as a Siren. This force might originate from the one she's copying..."

"Copy? I copy no one!"

Akashi looks towards Saber. "I have a theory about this. KAN-SEN like me and the girls follow a system, where they're vessels pulled from the hull known as history. This system is regulated by something. What if the Siren copied the properties of someone, and by extension, the system this someone is following, and unlike the KAN-SEN system, the Sirens don't know anything about it so they can't override it when they copy it, allowing the new system and the one who runs it to overtake her nature."

Javelin gasps, "so you're saying that Mysterious Heroine X isn't a Siren, but a-"

She pauses, then looks at Saber.

Flintstone Flintstone Yamperzzz Yamperzzz RedLight RedLight Midrick Midrick SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 darkred darkred Jeremiah Jeremiah Chungchangching Chungchangching GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja P PopcornPie Crow Crow

Last edited:
After she waved goodbye to Commander, Albacore had Yuchino's full attention. "What kinds of games do you like?"

After they enjoyed a game, Commander returned, beckoning them outside, and into some kind of shop, which immediately had her full attention. She weaved in and out of the knick-knacks, sniffing everything, completely ignoring the conversation.

When they were led to the basement, this behavior went into overdrive. She climbed and smelled every single one of the machines, unable to identify what any of them were for. This world was just so fascinating, yet so scary...

When she ran out of machines to distract herself with, she trotted to the others, meeting what was said to be a Siren. There was a bunch of talk her ten year old mind couldn't process, but the bulk of it was, this Siren had messed up her powers somehow, specifically by copying the wrong person's form. "Um...Miss Siren, can you still sing?"

Crow Crow

Saber would glare at X and point at her.
"An exact replica of myself! No wonder you look like me!"

"Actually, I think they mean that she is you.... But somehow not you at the same time. "
Tohka responded.

Crow Crow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back