• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Danganronpa: Festival Frenzy

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PROLOUGE
Time, Place and Date

「 People are satisfied to judge things by their own narrow experience, never knowing of the wide world outside. 」

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was an... event?

Yes, that was what it had been. Or was going to be. Had it already happened? Were you attending it now?

You awaken with the beating sound of a large fan nearby, thoughts ramming into your head as you attempt to process what your current situation is. It's dark, and you can't seem to see very far, if at all. Attempting to stand up, you realize you can't move your feet, and feeling down, you realize that there are large, what appears to be steel, metal clamps holding your feet in place. Now panicked, you quickly try to recall what had brought you here.

Of course! How could you forget the Ultimate Talent Festival! Mind racing, you remember having been invited to the festival to display or use your talent to help make the event more lively, and whether or not you thought that was at all appropriate, you RSVPed and left with your family to the Kyoto countryside for the big festival. That's right, you're family... Where are they now? Are they safe? ...do you care? Shaking away these pessimistic voices, the last thing your memory recalls is walking to the event of the Festival's starting day, and looking up at the large set-up tent where the other Ultimate Students were preparing. But as you opened the flap to the tent, you felt strange, as if static replaced what you had seen and done then.

But you are startled with the sudden noise of someone else's voice. A meek, female-sounding voice amongst the darkness.

"Hello? Is anyone there?! Please, can anyone hear me?!?"

The alarmed voice slowly began to raise in worry, as you subtly noticed other noises around you, scraping, tapping, all noises that you recognized from attempting to undo the clasps on your feet. Were there other captives? Or were those the people or person who put you here, playing with your emotions like some sick game. As you are about to call out like the younger sounding voice did, the room suddenly shakes, and lurches before a humming begins, and a massive rattling is heard you begin to... ascend?

Suddenly, from above, a large slit of light appeared and seared the eyes of anyone else next to you, as it grew in size both from you getting closer to it, and from the slit opening up like a gift box. And then, you were outside.

The light had been daylight, specifically the late morning light judging by the position of the sun. In front of you is a large Yagura, or traditional festival tower. You can't seem to turn your head all the way around with injuring yourself, but you can make out fourteen others figures locked into mechanized and colorful folding chairs, just like you. They looked just as confused, and just as odd as you did around your old high-school pals before gaining your Ultimate title. Were they also super high-school talents like yourself? Where were you?

...had you been kidnapped?

Saishi Sprite.png
That festival was supposed to be the happiest day in Saishi's life. It was the first time that his talent was being recognized by a prestigious organization. That wasn't the first time he'd have the opportunity to show it to a wide audience, but it was the first time that he was going to show it because he was recognized by it. However, his parents still refused to accompany him to the festival. Not even after becoming an "Ultimate" did they believe their son could actually communicate to spirits. He was so eager to prove the wrong. That was going to be his big day. A day when he would steal the attention of all the attendees and have them recognize his talent live. Surely, with that, his parents would finally listen to him. Attending that festival was a dream, but in the end it looked more like a nightmare.

That feminine voice echoed through his mind. With a small sigh, he tried to move his legs to no avail. It took him a few seconds to understand in what kind of situation his body was in, and once it hit him, he struggled trying to break free of the clasps. He had no idea of what was going on and before he could think of something else, he found himself ascending towards a strong light. He urged looking towards it, but he ended up feeling a burning sensation on his retina.

"Sousuke... I need you. Please... Are you here? Where am I? What happened to me?" He murmured lowly before lowering his head and closing his eyes. "Please, tell me I'm still alive. If I'm dead... Then is this purgatory?"

He kept muttering nonsense to himself, as if he was trying to communicate with someone. As soon as he felt like his body had stopped moving, he re-opened his eyes and took a confused glance at everyone around him. He was alive. He had to be.

"What... What everyone is—"

He tried to speak, but his voice failed. Saishi had been immobilized by fear and it didn't look like he was capable of doing anything at that moment.

Last edited:
oliver.png

Even if his therapist had been angry with him for going, it didn’t cease the childlike wonder about this festival that Oliver had from the start. Good food, traditional music, talented people, the short boy could breathe just off the idea of it. It didn't feel real. Being invited to something so big sparked a lost piece of hope Oliver didn’t know he had, like discovering a bit of delicious food he had caught in his teeth hours later. Raw in his memory, the Scottish horror author could still feel how his heart fluttered as his unsteady hand ran over the tent’s curtain. Breathing in air like it was shards of glass, he gripped the fabric as hard as he could before doubt could hold him, throwing the curtain up and...​
“Hello? Is anyone there?! Please, can anyone hear me?!?”
When Oliver’s gold eyes flickered open, the oppressive darkness that greeted him felt heavier in his chest than it should’ve. His thoughts were intercepted by none other but the annoying battering of a fan and an alarmed, feminine voice he didn't quite comprehend.
Eh?” Without thinking, Oliver gave his hands a fast, instinctive squeeze only to discover the tent fabric bundled up in his sweaty palm moments earlier had been replaced with air. "I... What?" Gradually, the clinking and scraping in the room had faded into white noise, and it was like the dark had been a background prop rather than the terrifying entity that it was. The tremor in his hands grew and teeth started to sink into his bottom lip. “… Oh..” Was the festival all.. Just a some far-off delusion? A dream?

The boy's body went stiff as time passed by without him. Oliver wasn’t sure when exactly his eyes met light, but it was forced to his attention when a male's voice muttering beside him sapped his train of thought altogether. Oh.. There were people here? Now that he thought about it, wasn't there a girl's voice and metal scuffing earlier? The blonde couldn’t help but crane his neck to its side ever slightly as the knot in his chest loosened. It reassured him that he wasn't the only vulnerable, tied up one at the moment. His brows knit together as he tried to decipher what the blurry individual in his peripheral view was saying to himself. “.. You think this is purgatory?” The shorter boy asked in his accent. It seemed like that was enough to make him crack a grin despite the situation. "Your five stages of grief sure are fast. Guess your off to heaven already, huh?

Miyume.png
Miyume Usako
Mood: Confused.
Interactions: No one

I got invited to show off my talent to the people in the festival, obviously, the Corporation wouldn't turn down this request, as it'll raise my fame and reputation. All I had to do is act out a part for the upcoming debut of season three of the popular show that I am the lead role of. I can imagine it now, I'm so excited! well, less for being on stage, I'm on stage all the time after all! The walls have ears, and the sky has eyes. To be completely honest, I more excited about the food more than anything, traditional food! Ah~! As time began to pass, the clouds flew by, as all I had to do was get to the tent and make my appearance! With a dullness in my eyes and an almost serious expression, confidence took its leap, and as I opened the curtains and...

A chair? huh? I can't stand.. up? What is going on?! I can't move at all, this wasn't part of the play at all, right?! It has to a kidnapper? or maybe something else- Suddenly, a voice had caught me off guard, a feminine voice in the near distance. What was that?! It was a woman or someone around my age... I don't even know, but that means there are others here too! I have to get out of here, The organization will surely know that I'm missing right? They'll find me soon enough, I just have to wait-

A sudden rattling occurred, somewhere, but only for a moment, as I slowly made... an ascent? What the heck!? I'm ascending, it's like an exalting platform slowly ascending up toward some sort of location. This has to have been a kidnapping, if so, and there's someone else here too? I can't explain this, it's non-sensical, what's happening? When did it happen? Where even am I? Even if I asked myself these questions, no answer would reveal any answer. The noises... Someone has to be controlling this, it has to be the mastermind behind all this. Since there are others here, it means it could be someone here, trying to disguise themselves, to gain trust as they slowly torture these poor people into their own demise.

As the ascending platform comes to a halt, all my thoughts stop immediately, my suspicions have seemed to be confirmed, in the distance, and also near, just by counting in my head, there are fourteen victims in this case, and one of them is most likely the mastermind and impostor behind all these shenanigans and pointless mystery. For I know, these fourteen people's lives could all be at stake. As one of them mumbles about their purgatory and the other joking about their situation. What a load of nutcases... "Hello!! Does anyone know whats going on?! Hello! Anybody!?" I say loudly, almost shouting, as my voice echoes through the abyss of silence, hoping that someone, anyone, had a logical answer to whatever is happening currently.

Tora.png

A girl donning wolf ears and paws could be seen and heard snoring away, a snot bubble popped and woke Tora up from her slumber.

"W-wha.... huh??" Tora found herself strapped in a chair along with a few others. Another girl with shocking pink hair posed a question to the group, Tora simply gaped at her for a few moments.

".... Oh! I get it. I'm in a dream."

She smiled to herself and went back to sleep.

Last edited:
As the students looked around, confused, dazed, and even conferring upon themselves that they were in the middle of some sort of prank, a gong somewhere close by was struck, gaining their attention back up to the Festival Tower before them. As the gong faded into the light breeze blowing past, a few festival lights and lanterns on the edges of the yagura turned on, and a small screen rose from the center stage, obscuring the view of some kind of shadow also rising behind the stage. Then, like the pluck of a shamisen against a cold stone, the screen fell over unceremoniously. Behind it was a robed figure, their back turned to their unwitting audience with a flora-patterned wagasa, or Japanese parasol.

"Mmm~ It seems out turnout was better than expected this year. I certainly am surprised by this sudden uptick in attendees, but nonetheless am flattered."

A soft laughter could be heard from behind the wagasa, sounding similar to a kohononon~

"Welcome, Ultimate children, to the ever-special Super High-School Talent Festival in the mystical Sleepaway Valley, made purely for the enjoyment of you and you alone."

Turning around, the students were mostly shocked when the figure revealed what it truly was. Staring back at them was not a face, and not a mask, but a robotic fox resembling a children's mask. Small lines showed vague glimpses of circuitry beneath the white façade, but it was majestic nonetheless, with even the fingers being jointed and painted like an ancient mural on a robotic body.

"I am Inari, you're counselor, representative, and member of the Committee of Festival Planning and Execution. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

Saishi.png
That whole situation was annoying. Was that supposed to be an attraction of the festival? Being tied up was part of it? Ultimate BDSM or whatever? He hated that feeling. Seeing other fifteen people in a similar station was also creepy, but it at least gave him a comforting sensation to know that he isn't the only one in that messed up scenario.

It came to his attention that someone seemed to be retorting his words. He nibbled on his lips trying to find who was the one responsible for it, figuring it must have been the one next to his body. 'As if.' He thought to himself. After all, he was sure by now that when the time of his death come, he'd surely go to hell.

He struggled a bit more before something caught his attention. His face became even more confused as that unusual sight unfolded right before his eyes. Inari? A counselor? Representative of the Committee of Festival Planning and Execution? That weird thing? That was it. That was the last straw. Saishi was done. Though it was very unlikely that he would be able to talk down to that thing without much trouble, due to his nature. Although he can look like an extrovert to people he already knows, the situation was completely different when it came to new people. One could say he even preferred talking to the deceased rather than strangers.

"Excus—"

He attempted to talk, but his voice failed. He could hear noises coming out of his mouth, but it wasn't nearly enough for anyone to actually listen to him.

"I belie—"

"If that's—"

"Can you hea—"

It didn't matter how many sentences he tried to formulate, Saishi just wasn't able to communicate properly. It was a mix of shyness and social anxiety. His heart was pumping inside his chest, to the point that he felt like exploding. He closed his eyes as his face became red, blood boiling inside his veins.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

Believing that his voice would fail once again, he shouted loudly without thinking twice.

"I HATE THIS STUPID PLACE! JUST LET ME GO ALREADY! I HATE IT HERE!"

Though this time, for his surprise, his anger filled voice was loud and clear. He widened his eyes out of shock, feeling himself drown in a thick layer of shame.

Last edited:
The robotic fox, apparently named Inari, didn't seemed very startled by the sudden outburst from the boy in the scarf, though several of the teenagers close to him were.

"I advise you stay calm, sir," sternly spoke a boy in some kind of dark uniform behind him. "If we remain serene in thought and body, then we can think clearly on how to escape from this wretched place."

"~kohohohon, it seems like you all believe that this setting is temporary for you. Of course, that would be the logical course of thought. But fortunately, for all you lovely talented individuals, this is merely the beginning! Don't you love the scenery already?"

"What scenery? We can barely see the tower you're standing on without hurting our necks," growled a larger boy with strange markings on his face.

"P-perhaps this is all joke, and we're simply being made entertainment like the pamphlet said we would...?" muttered a strange girl wearing a smiling mask.

"Oh, of course not. You are our guests, after all. Today, you all begin your new lives in the lovely, always-serene Sleepaway Valley Cultural Festival. Now, before I set you all off in a tizzy, would you perhaps have any questions for your representative?"

Miyume Usako
Mood: Still Confused.
Interactions:
Squad141 Squad141

Huh? Huhh? Huhhhh?!? What the heck? We've been kidnapped and now I'm hearing some nonsense like, "Sleepaway Valley", what type of BS is this?!? Augh, Gotta stay rational in a situation like this. It could be so embarrassing to freak out right now, what if one of them know me!? I have to keep my cool... Something as stupid as this has to be a prank at this point. Someone already started panicking... What's with them, they can't just panic like that in a situation like this. This is probably all part of the show, and they're just trying to capture our most us, reactions for realism sake.

"Where are we? And if so... There have to be rules set up for this right? What are they?"

And with that said, all I have to do is wait for an answer. We'll get out of this eventually, I know that much at least.

oliver-png.786292
When the other man snapped back at the blond, Oliver’s grin drooped into a satisfied smile. People were scared and angry. Pleasant, so the people around him were sane. A sigh left his lungs, moving to face back to what seemed to be the new center of attention amongst the group. The newly dug pit in his stomach felt a little bit fuller with this company.

A mythical creature? Hm, no.. An.. Animatronic maybe? Oliver’s lazy gaze was enhanced by the slight slump of his head, studying this self proclaimed ‘representative’ with catlike eyes. Rather dark to be some kind of children’s mascot, but he was impressed by it either way. What fluid movements! Perhaps they been accompanied by an ultimate roboticist?
For a while, the blond continued to zone out on this machinery until the words ‘festival’ caught his attention. Without a speck of grace, he ignored the confused chattering of those among him and let out an excited laugh, surging forward as far as the shackles could let him. ”Ah, crivens! So the festival wasn’t a delusion! I hafta say, the entire ‘waking up locked up in a black room with screaming people’ thing got me questionin' if I was bloostered or not!” As if he was the first to notice, he proudly wiggled his shoulders to show off the *shocking new detail* that they were locked. “Gehe, so is tying up underage teenagers a thing in these festivals? I've never been in this country before, so I wouldn’t know.. Nice look ye got going, by the way. Is it patented?” His accent was heavier now that he was livelier.

Tora.png

"Nani the fakku?!?"

Tora couldn't go back to sleep with all that noise, she was cranky. It seemed like this wasn't a dream and they were all being forced to attend a festival of some sort. She struggled once again to free herself to no avail.

A thought struck her. Tora started daydreaming about all the different animals she might get to see in this festival and immediately felt her mood brighten up. The mysterious representative donned a fox mask....

A fox preserve....

Last edited:
At the term, 'rules', Inari's robotic ears, and generally it's entire body, perked up in excitement.

"Ah yes, Rules! The most important part of your brand new lives in this serene, beautiful place , is the list of ever-expanding rules that I, and your ever-endearing Council, have set-up! It goes as follows:"

1. All Guests must reside within the Festival Grounds. Attempting to leave the grounds is an unacceptable waste of time and effort, and frankly, rude. This will result in a penalty.
  2. The sun sets at 9:30 PM, and thus, Night will begin. When the sun rises at 6:30 AM, a new Day begins. Some events and games will be closed during certain timeframes, so please keep this mind.
  3. Sleeping in or on uncomfortable/unconventional materials and/or locations is prohibited. You will be given one warning, and subsequently given a penalty.
  4. Whilst regarding the Rules, you and your fellow festival-goers are free to enjoy the Festival to its fullest.
  5. Violence against Inari or property owned by the Committee of Festival Planning and Execution (including surveillance equipment and data collection) is prohibited. You will be given one warning, and subsequently given a penalty.

After listing off a very strange set of Rules, Inari adjusted his wagasa, and paused, looking at the crowd before him.

Then, another student with shaggy hair piped up. "C'mon man, just tell us why we're here! You can't keep us here forever! What happened to the Ultimate Talent Festival?"

Inari laughed again, before replying smarmily, "This is the Ultimate Talent Festival. Can't you hear me? Perhaps all that music has gone to you head. Do remember to turn your headphones down every now and again, children. And still, we can indeed keep you here, and we will. Though of course, there is one way to end the Festival, and leave, though I'm sure none of you would be interested."

When no one responded to this tantalizing proposition, Inari spelled it out for them.

"You can kill someone, and you will be allowed to leave."

Saishi.png

The situation they were currently in was odd. Saishi couldn't notice any kind of audience. If that was some bizarre performance from an Ultimate, then where was the public? Not to mention all of those rules that made no sense whatsoever. Why was that Inari robot talking about day and night cycles? From what the spirit channeler knew, the festival should only last for a day.

Despite all that bizarreness, one specific word seemed to have caught Saishi's attention.

"K-...... Kill?"

His eyed widened. His pupils were dilated. His tone of voice sounded rather unsettling. He wasn't loud, as that was only a mutter to himself. However, it was loud enough for the ones closet to him to hear.

"You want us... to kill?"

Saishi glanced down at his scarf. His heart was beating fast, making him feel like throwing up from all that anxiety that had built up. However, he didn't look scared. Not at the mention of that word.

"Uuugh, that's so annoying! Untie me already! My body is a temple!"

His exclamations were loud enough for everyone to hear. Saishi looked quite angered.

"Look, if you let me go right now, I promise I won't even call the police. So just use those stupid mecha furry paws or whatever to untie me right now or I'll CURSE you."

Miyume Usako
Mood: mental breakdown. That isn't a mood but whatever
Interactions: No one in paticular

"K- K- Ki..... Kill? You want- You want us to what?"​

As I feel as if my eyes dilute from the mentioning of t- that word. If I weren't tied on a chair, I'd fall to the ground straight to my knees, covering my ears from everything that isn't me. I couldn't help it, that word is a curse, a hex, a jinx, a literal taboo to me. If everyone who mentioned that word would just disappear, That wouldn't have happened to him. I can't think straight, I can't move. I wish everything would just go dumb from here on out forever. I just want to scream. So I did.

"Ah...ah...Ahh...AHH-"

I hurled out the loudest scream I could ever allow leave my body. Tears trickling frantically down my cheek, as I finally muster legible words.

"Y- Y- YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY EXPECT U- US TO DO THAT!?! WHY WOULD Y- YOU EVEN S-"

I was so confused in my own animosity that I started just screaming to no one

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTDUPSHUDUPSHUDUP!!! W- WHY WOULD Y-"

I just blurted out to absolutely no one.

"IT'S STUPID, IT'S IDIOTIC, IT'S GROSS !!! S- STO- STOP IT... Jus- just..!!"

All I said, it all came out, till I couldn't scream anymore, and my voice wouldn't shout anymore. It wouldn't echo. It went completely silent. A cold stream dripping down my cheek. Why. Why did it have to mention that word? If I could just disappear at any second it'd be now. I could come up with an excuse right here, but it wouldn't really mean anyone would believe me. If I'm lucky enough, no one will even recognize me. I hope.

"~kononono, so naïve, still! Where would the danger, the excitement, and the drama be in your special Cultural Festival? No, the Committee and I, as well as many others, have planned and executed (as per their title) the area, the events, and of course, the various festival shows at the end of every day or so. I will elaborate on that later, but for now, I will allow you all to acquaint yourselves with each other, and the Festival Grounds. Please, become good friends with those around. After all, you'll be living with each other for a long time, unless of course, one you take the Second Route!"

And with that, Inari snickered once more, before heading behind the main column of the festival tower, and a large clunk preceded the steel bands on the limbs of those unlucky students, unleashing them into a world unknown, dangerous, and unfriendly towards them.

Note: The maps of the Grounds will be available soon. For now, before the correct channels are set up, you can chat with anyone you'd like before the locations are revealed.

Tora.png
"AAAAAGGHHHH!"

Tora stretched out her paws while twisting her torso. She was a hyperactive individual so it was really hard for her to sit still for a very long time. For some reason, she just didn't take the Inari's rules or instructions very seriously. A never-ending festival? That's dumb! Aren't festivals considered special because they only happen once a year??? If they happened everyday, even mom wouldn't want to come to them anymore, she thought to herself as she observed their new surroundings.

She decided she was going to have fun with it. Let's see how long this festival business really lasts... There's no way any of this was actually real. A school trip? Did she sign up for one? Probably. Everyone else appeared to be heated, but not Tora. She was very much in denial about their current situation, still. "Uhhhh..... I guess we're all attendees or whatever. I'm Tora Kobayashi, by the way, The Ultimate Zookeeper! Nice to meet you!" She made a peace sign with her gloved hand.

In a situation like this, you're bound to be dazed, confused, or even dizzy. But of course, that would be if not for your friendly Tutorial voice! Due to various circumstances, the Council could not provide you with an immediate map of the area, and thus, you will need an explanation of what you can and cannot see at the moment. Keep in mind, these descriptions are all under the assumption that we are looking at the area from top-down.

FESTIVAL GROUNDS
Where the fifteen students are currently located. They are sat in the Seating Area behind the Festival Tower, which is located where the bottom-center of the map would be. Peering around, many students can see that several areas have large sheets over them, with random strings of numbers lining the fabric that hides them from view. Thus, those areas will not be discussed until they are somehow opened or revealed.

Above the Festival Tower and Seating Area, is the winding path that begins in the top right corner, and leads straight through the Grounds, splitting the area in two, before ending at a large warehouse-like building that has been painted white and red, the same distinct colors that Inari wears and is made of. Three large torii gates wind along with this path, all very tall and imposing, with a few unlit paper lanterns hanging from each one.

Across from the Festival Tower, and over the Winding Path, is a very large building covered with a sheet, that almost reaches the size of the warehouse. Behind it, however, hidden near the right , is a dingy Wooden Shed, with a standard high-school Incinerator and Ice Box straddling it's sides. On the far left of the grounds, before the path begins to wind, are several empty booths, five in total. Only two seem to have anything within, these being a Fishbowl Game and a Pop-the-Balloon game, each with a set of prizes behind them. However, there doesn't seem to be anyone manning them at the moment.

RESIDENTIAL GROUNDS
Following the Winding Path up and to the right, the students are met with a long row of fenced-off living arrangements, these being semi-large Cabins straddled in the rear by a dense fence. There are eight in total, four on each side, forming a sort of hallway. Each Cabin contains two rooms each, each one labeled appropriately and decorated so as to indicate which student it is for. At the center of this row is a small hut that contains sixteen clotheslines, three water basins, and three functioning hoses.

Further down, the left Cabin fence ends, and the path continues around to the left, circling around a major body of water blocked off by a barbed-wire fence. The path proceeds to pass by a large white tent with a sign noting it as the Cafeteria, with eight wooden picnic tables underneath it, each decorated with one unlit lantern. Outside this tent are twelve smaller food booths, six on each side of the tent, all of them once again empty.

As the path continues to travel around the body of water to the left, it passes by an Onsen, with a lobby split into a Boy and Girl Dressing Room, which leads to their respective Onsen Bath. Passing this, the path begins to head back up, passing by a large hill/mountain with a Male, Female, and Unisex bathroom built into the side of the mountain.

The path ends in the top left corner, in front of a large torii gate with one large orange unlit paper lantern. This gate marks a winding staircase up the mountain, to an immensely large pair of doors that lead into an unknown room built into the mountain. The doors are colored black and white, with a red paper lantern hanging above them, also unlit.

The moment that the metal clasps disappeared, several of the students stood up, and patted themselves down, seeing what they had on them. There were no phones, though many suspected they wouldn't have them anyways. They wore the outfits they had chosen for the festival, and as they would find out later, their rooms only had clean versions of those same outfits to wear, exactly in their size and fit. However, two students decided that perhaps they could catch the strange robotic avatar that had given them such a strange speech, these being the official-looking boy with gloves, and the quiet one with bandages on his face. They rushed forward to try and ascend the stairs near the front of the seating area to reach the first elevated level of the festival tower, only to be put off by the stairs suddenly descending into the earth, far too quickly for either of them to use it as a stepping stool to jump up to the tower first level.

But something new awaited the fifteen that was hung on the base of the tower, behind where the staircase had been. As a few crowded around, they realized that it was a bulletin board of sorts, with an news section, a copy of the rules Inari had spouted earlier, and two maps, one for each Ground in Sleepaway Valley. The areas covered in tightly-sealed sheets had question marks over them, making them increasingly suspicious, and the warehouse-building was listed as a 'Festival Venue'. There was a small news bulletin listing the fact that the first Festival Night would take place in two nights.

PROLOUGE
Time, Place, and Date

E N D

With very little information, fifteen unwitting Ultimate-talented students stood in the middle of a trap that seemed to fit them perfectly. No way out, no where to run, yet the commodities of a festival lay around them. It was surreal, in a way, seeing the joy of that kind of event mixed with the dread of murder. But before that was even thought about for most students, they dispersed, eager to explore their new prison.

CHAPTER 1
Talented Principle: Daily Life

「 Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.」
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Sprite Saishi.png

As soon as Saishi's body was released, he checked on his arms, caressing his wrists softly as he had earned a few bruises from trying to set himself free earlier. He never expected his first bondage experience to end up like that, and this is most likely a kink he won't be interested in experimenting anymore.

Inari's speech echoed through his mind. If they had to kill someone in order to go home, did that mean everyone there was his enemy? No, he didn't want to think like that. In a moment of panic and imminent danger, it was comforting to think that there were other people on the same boat as you, with whom you could share empathy and not feel like you have to deal with all that alone. That's the train of thought that Saishi decided to follow for now.

As soon as the other students walked down the stairs towards the bulletin board, so did the spirit channeler, who nervously caressed his scarf. His fingers movements were ever so gentle, he treated it like it was made of some super expensive fabric, but it didn't seem like that. His scared expression still lingered as he read the rules on the board, but his heart beats calmed down the more he played with his scarf.

His attention was suddenly drawn to a blonde girl who had a rather unusual look. How could she feel so comfortable in sharing her personal information like that? Could it mean she might be related to the one behind the game they were currently thrown in? Saishi quickly discarded that possibility, since she didn't seem to be the kind of person who could be an actual threat. It took him a moment to realize that since everyone there seemed to be an Ultimate invited to show their talent at the Festival, they probably would all be victims like him. Though, he would still have to keep a careful eye. He had no reason to trust any of them.

"W-well... Since we seem to be all unaware of what's going on... I believe i-it's okay if I say this..."

He still looked rather shy, and watching everyone turn their attention to him felt overwhelming. His tone of voice also sounded very weak, which made him look like a scared child. With a deep breath, he gripped tighter against his scarf, straightening his composure before proceeding with his introduction.

"My name is Saishi Sei and I can communicate with spirits. Thus, that's why I'm known as the Ultimate Spirit Channeler."

Saishi.png

Saishi's voice now sounded much more confident and had a serious air to it. It definitely made him sound much older and confident if compared to before.

"So, yes! Don't do anything stupid around me or I'll make sure to curse you for the rest of your life!"

Miyume Usako
Mood: ???
Interactions: No one in particular

My breakdown resided a bit after, mostly because I was a bit happy to be able to move again. I wanted to just fall to the ground, and never stand up again, but that wasn't possible due to what we all have to do. Now to think of a way out of here..... jeez, my nails are a mess...

I followed the others as we all descended the stairs walking toward a bulletin board. As I read the rules, a certain familiar feel of imprisonment filled my mind. And the fact that we'd have to do.... that in order to escape just filled my mind with hysteric thoughts. Why and how had it come to this, maybe I should've denied that offer. Plus the association's whole existence is to help people and keep the country safe.

Usako slowly turned her attention to the guy with a scarf as introduced himself... Lame-ass edgy stripy-scarf guy.....

Talking to spirits... "No way OMG!! That's so... spectacuLArly Magically awEsome!!!! You can speak to dead people?? If I still had my phone on me, I'd totally chirp about it on chipper!! Like seriously- speaking to dead people must be sooo cool!! If a close relative died, you could still like have so many conversations with them even if their beyond the grave!!! We are like totes gonna be B-F-Fs~!!" yeah hell no that's happening.

That was soo surreal, what an awesome talent! I couldn't hold onto my excitement, but slowly my adoration just became endless blabber. Now that I thought of it, I wanna introduce myself too... well, everyone's eyes are on me anyway, since I was kinda way too loud, bah whatever.

"I guess we're all introducing ourselves... hmmm, okay I'll go next! Shining above the northern star, sparkling brighter than the moonlight-- introducing the Ultimate Magical Girl! Miyume Usako~!;
dbslxr7-08d4d2e1-0a17-4582-b8ae-b8d36f3dd235.png
As I gestured my hand near my head in a peace sign and made a somewhat familiar pose, I continued my introduction
ugh, this is so bad, I hate this. At least it looks believable.[/colour]
Well, I mean, I'm not actually a real transforming magical girl, but like, I can't be the ultimate actress, cause I only act in one television show, and in there, I'm like this super cool magical girl, so yeah! So you guys can count on me when you need help! cause I may not look it, but I can like totes beat any of you in an arm-wrestling match!"

As I took a small breath and took to my normal posture, I continued and then stopped talking while waiting for anyone else to speak up.

"It's nice to meet you all, call me Usako by the way! Let's all get out of here in one piece, safe and sound!!!"

oliver-png.786292

───── ❝ Oliver Bennet ❞ ─────

As the fox continued explaining the rules, the blond's grin had wilted into a half assed smile, eyes fixated on the flora of its wagasa as it moved.
It wasn't until he began repeating its words in a whisper that he had fully settled into a frown.
Kill...
Kill? That's a tad ridiculous, is it not? Couldn't anybody just kill right now?
The gold of his eyes flicked across the festival grounds, entranced by the sight even though it sent unease deep into his stomach.
... Was it happening already? No, this was far too vivid to be.. That.
He took a breather and counted to ten, rattling his fingers against the chair silently as despair filtered everyone's voices. This.. Had to be a gameshow, right? Some sort of prank. And if we're looking at this writing wise, then.. There should be people planted among them to go along with this. And if mystery taught him anything, it's that those people are the most innocent seeming ones of the group... Still, he had doubts that this was even legal in the first place. Maybe he should pretend this is real, just for insurance.
Speaking of. It was about time he got the memo and stood up himself. Looking among the crowd, he wasn't shocked to see that everyone was a step of ahead of him. Apart from two, they were already gathered in a pack. Christ, they were already grouping up? Maybe they didn't believe this entire thing either.
"I'm something something by the way. The ulltimate zookeeper, nice to meet you!" Oliver adjusted his collar and moved on behind them. Another blonde, huh? This innocent-looking girl was far too nonchalant, maybe she was an actress in this gameshow.. She wouldn't 'survive' long, in that case.
"W-well, since we all seem unaware of what's.. Blah blah, spirit, spirits, thus spirit." Familiar voice. Was this the purgatory fella? Nice scarf. He'd probably be a killer.
"OMG! Totes, magical girl, totes!!! Let's all get out of here in one piece, safe and sound!!!" Alright, this lassie's far too optimistic. Maybe the main character, something the audience can project off of?.... Ah, right. He was staring at them creepily. Oliver should probably fix that. "Oi! Sorry for butting in like a bampot, but I heard your introductions and had to join in!" Twining a lock of hair with his finger, he closed his eyes contently. "Introducing ourselves and your talents so quickly after hearing that announcement.. I admire all of yer bravery, really. Especially yours, bubblegum! You sound awful determined to get out." His eyes opened just to look at Usako as he said that. "A'm Oliver, Oliver Bennet. But you all can call me Olive. I'm the ultimate-," he flinched. Being a horror author.. Would be a pretty big red flag in this situation, right? "-children's author. It's a heavy shame I didn't get to share it to my audience.."
childrens.png
Ah! Before he forgot. He turned to face Saishi, a big, oafy grin spreading across his face. "Oh, Scarf, it's nice meeting you again! So I heard you're a spirit twally! Does that mean you can hear dead dinosaurs?"​

Sprite Saishi.png

The girl to introduce herself after Saishi was... Clearly attention drawing. He got rather confused when she called herself a Magical Girl, but it all made sense after she claimed being an actor. He wasn't the kind of person to watch shows about Magical Girls, but that Usako girl definitively looked like one. Still, her overly hyper personality made it a bit hard for Saishi to keep up with her, to the point he felt a bit out of place. Was that her true self or was she just trying to stay positive under the circumstances they were in?

"Spirit channeling is not supposed to be fun." He explained himself as he crossed his arms. "When people die, we expect them to achieve eternal peace, but that is not always the case for countless reasons. I act as a bridge between the physical and the spiritual world. If there's no need for someone to cross that bridge, then there's no need for me to be one."

He nodded his head as he finished his explanation. Although at first glance he might have seemed like an award person due to both his swearing or shyness, it seemed like he had no trouble talking about spirits. It was a topic that he was comfortable talking about.

"But yes, if you do have an undelivered message to a great, great, great-grandmother, I might be the person you'd be looking for."

That last sentence actually made a hint of blush appear on his face. He most likely only said that due to the thought of making a "friend". Not that he was in the mood for befriending someone after Inari's speech, but that offer wasn't something he heard often.

Next, it was time for the foreign guy to introduce himself. He was yet another extrovert, which made Saishi feel out of place once again. He was actually somewhat lost in his thoughts, but was dragged back to reality once he realized "Scarf" was now being used as his nickname. At least someone was happy.

"N-no? I mean, even if I could, I wouldn't understand dinosaur language!" And there was Saishi's stutter again. Not because he was feeling nervous, but because that question actually surprised him. "But that's not what truly matters right now. We need to find a way out of here. I don't think anyone signed up to be part of this kind of festival, yes?"

Even if he mostly felt lost, there was still one element that made him feel like he fit right into that group, and that was the fact that all of them seemed to be weird, just like him. Up until now they had the sleepy furry girl, the spirit freak, the hyper friendly magical girl and a children's author with a funny accent that accidentally got trapped in a horrifying story.

After the four introduced themselves, the rest of the group seemed to follow suit, and decided it would be best to introduce themselves to each other.

"It's only appropriate," the sharply dressed boy wearing a half-cape and black cap stated sternly. "If we are to be trapped in here for a while, it'd be best to know one another while we observe our temporary prison." The boy bowed slightly, before stating that his name M.K. Khono, and that he was a Grade A driver and the Ultimate Level of Chauffeur. "Now, shall allow the women first to give us their names?"

While some were a bit dejected by M.K's professionalism, the girl wearing the brightly colored and layered kimono stepped forward, smiling gently, before tuning to M.K.

"Talk about us 'women' again, and I'll make sure you and your family can't work another day in your life, alright dearie?"

Without a pause to embrace in M.K.'s embarrassment, she continued. "My name is Usana Iroi. I'm the best there is at my school, and thus, gained the title of Ultimate Shrine Maiden." Putting her finger to her chin, she then pointed to two other girls, one with very white hair, and the other wearing the disconcerting mask. "You. You two shall be my assistants. Quickly, introduce yourselves."

The shorter girl with white hair seemed mostly confused, but confessed simply that her name was Kiku Akebono, and she was a Tree Hugger the Ultimate Arborist, or Tree Scientist. The other taller girl, however, became flustered, clasping her hands together.

"O-oh, m-me? I didn't think this w-would be a contest or a-anything. I-I mean y-you really are-"

"Stutter again and I'll reconsider."

Swallowing, the girl with the mask bowed dramatically, and gasped, "I'm Akuhen Kari, a professional in all things Urban Legend and Yokai. I'm known as the Ultimate Demonologist in layman terms."

While Akuhen bowed, Usana chuckled loudly. "You and Ghost Boy over here could be a good match. I might even try to set you two up. Hope you enjoy scarves, Masky!"

While Usana laughed and Akuhen sweat silently, still bowing in her embarrassed pose, another short girl wearing a sailors uniform stepped forward, and with a null expression, said "I don't think Ghosts and Demons are very funny at all, Miss. They are very special to many people, and though you may not believe in them, I'm surprised you are not afraid of them, being a woman of the Shrine yourself."

"..."

"Oh, pardon me, I hadn't meant to be so forward. My name is Shima Ryujo, and I fish quite a bit."

After another beat of silence, another voice spoke up.

"Well, I'm Kenryo Yoshida, the Ultimate Traditional Instrumentalist," said the scraggly boy in orange robes, wearing a shamisen, "And you *have* to be," pointing to the girl decorated with fashionable roses, "Juku Sakegake! Infamous Pachinko Player and Fashionista?!?"

Juku put a hand up to her face in a blushing expression, before nodding, smirking. "Someone knows their local culture, I see."

While Kenryo was beaming, a deeper cough pulled the conversation towards the man with the painted face. Was he even part of the groups age-range? He was burly enough to be teacher himself.

"Speaking of local culture, I see that none of you seemed to recognize who I am or what I'm wearing." Empty stares made him sigh and he lunged back, put his hands up in an expressing manner, and made a loud primal sound with his lips. Still no response. Head in his hands, he stood back up. "Yotsuya Yoshitsune, jesus. One of the top notch Kabuki actors, and underrated Ultimate, apparently."

After the last boy, a short boy in a newspaper-boy-like outfit introduced himself ecstatically as Kien Senbazura, Ultimate Origamist, he turned to the boy covered in bandages, and asked, "Well, who are you?"

The silence preceded his answer. There was no answer, though a few of them thought he hadn't heard him, but the boy knelt down, and in the dirt of the path, drew the word 'ONO'. He then pointed to it, then himself.

"My, my," said a startlingly unique voice from behind the group. Turning, a boy in a simple uniform and blue tie closed a small pocketbook he had been writing in, and stood up from the side of the Tower he had been leaning on. Clicking his pen, he put it back into his pocket, and walked up to the group.

"A unique circumstance, a deadly game, and an incredibly interesting and artistically diverse characters who are all different in personality and opinion. Why, it's a perfect set-up to a volumized series."

It took a second, but Kenryo and Yotsuya's eyes lit up with a knowing look, as Shima proclimed, "Wait! You're-"

"Yes, I know. Please hold your tongues. This isn't the time nor place. Now, for an introduction...? "

Reaching the gaggle of students, Kenji adjusted his glasses and looked at the main four near the front.

"My name is Kenji Nakaya. I am a well-published manga artist who works for the enjoyment of people reading his work, and nothing more."

After a quick bow, he smiled. "It's a Pleasure to Meet You."

kenji-intro.jpg
"So, shouldn't we try and find a way out of here?" Following suit, he, and the rest of the students, began drifting apart to various open areas on the Grounds'.

However, as they split off, looking up, they found themselves very tired, mentally, physically, and in some of their cases, spiritually. It is unknown why such exhaustion had overtaken them, but as dusk approached, they headed back to their appropriated rooms in their bunking homes. Observing their rooms and it’s personal secrets and decorations, the fifteen fell into a deep sleep, only to be awoken the next morning by the morning sun lashing against their faces.

With barely any hints in escaping so far, and even fewer on the true nature of their entrapment, the students once again split up before even eating anything. While many had a goal to investigate with, a few, the aforementioned four found themselves at a loss at first for what to do with themselves. Thus, began the Guests first day in Sleepaway Valley.

— FREE TIME: START! —

Miyume Usako
Mood: ???
Interactions: But nobody came.

I slowly watched as everyone else walked off to where ever they were going. Looking around me to make sure no one is in sight, I sighed softly out of relief. My voice hurts. Going that high is like trying to sing beyond soprano. As if I can even sing in soprano, I can barely do mezzo-soprano. Whatever not, more importantly. It's been bothering me so much ever since I could look at my hands again. Shifting my hand to my face, I stare at my thumb's almost chewed away nail. It's a mess. I didn't paint my nails to hide it, since I didn't think I had to. Good thing no one noticed... or well I hope no one had. Touching my hair, to unclip the bunny-shaped hairclip in my hair. Pushing the nose down, and then pushing upwards, revealing a screen with three buttons. Clicking the middle button and...
NOSERVICE.png
As I begin to bite the nail on my thumb. Tsk tsk, Of course, there'd be absolutely no service! Why wouldn't there be? They probably have a jamming device somewhere in this... "place"... Ugh, how am I supposed to contact the Association now? Does this mean I have to keep up this damned magical girl act for the rest of the time being until I can get some sort of connection? By next week I'm going to be mute if I have to keep it up with that overly high-pitched voice. Clicking the right button, a menu with multiple text files open. Good thing all my entries are still here, that's a relief. I can at least continue writing. Finally, I clicked the left button. The device momentarily shut off, showing nothing but a black screen. This is probably the only gadget that I have on me since my bookbag is completely empty, there's nothing else I can have on me. Furthermore, I doubt the association is coming to save any of us now...

And these kids... brats, liars, freaks, what else do we have here? A secret agent? If Lame-Ass Stripy Scarf Ghost-Kid can actually speak to spirits then he'll be somewhat of use when someone actually murders. PFT, Like any of these kids, can actually murder anyone. One of them is a phoney, Children's Author? As if! That short pause and almost unnoticeable flinch say it all. Better keep an eye out for that one. Surprised though... No one recognised me, Though I'm only popular in Tokyo and Harajuku anyway, So it would've been a surprise if anyone recognised me. It would've been a huge ordeal though. Ultimate magical girl... As if that'd fit my job... Ultimate Errand-girl would be more fitting or maybe just Ultimate secret Agent. Ugh, whatever, I need to convince that Lame-ass Stripy scarf ghost-boy to be my friend or something. Better keep an eye out for Foreign ponytail mcstrapsy-pants extraordinaire too.

" All I can hope for is some sort of miracle. "​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back