• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Damnation's Hunger - Strategic Command Module

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

ChasmOfOrganicMatter

High Priest of Depravity
This is the OOC thread for The Exile Battalion. This is for discussing anything related to IRP happenings in the main IC thread as well as lore and larger events taking place in the setting. It is also for suggesting lore ideas.

It compliments our discord and our expansive lore thread.

Potential change to posting.
So I've recently been considering a way to make things go a little faster (beyond just collaborative posts). In between player irp posts, I'm thinking I could put in short reaction posts for those who want them or do them without warning after certain player actions. They aren't substitutes for full on GM posts but could spice things up.

What do you all think?

Clarifications on the current mission:

It is not really a stealth mission. You will not be penalized for being caught. You will appear to be mercs to most. You are allowed to kill as you see fit. HOWEVER, if certain higher ranked enemies are able to observe you for a long enough time period, they may blow your cover and jeopardize the mission.

This is a fairly combat-heavy area. This doesn't mean whatever weapons you fire won't be heard but do note you would hardly be alone in making a ruckus.

While your current area does not have a high ether concentration in the air, in areas where that is an issue do note that certain weapons, electronic, and etherealist abilities will be affected.

"Woke up quick, at about noon,
Just though I had to get some soon,
I had to shootin' for the day begins, and my PTSD kicks in,
I went, out, near went blind, a small enemy patrol, walkin' out side,
So I lined up might sight, heard a click,
With my 1911 on the side of my hip,"

On another note, don't hesitate to do collaboration posts with one another via say, google docs if you want you get a lot of dialogue and action done. Nothing wrong with dialogue heavy posts but you don't need to spend that much time discussing things IRP given we do have this OOC thread and the discord.

Thanks to SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher , your first taste of combat has begun!

Remember, assuming you are all futuristic super soldiers, you have ways of perceiving, tracking, and discovering enemy positions beyond just sight. Take into note how heavily armoured you all are and remember, just because you aim at someine doesn't mean you'll hit. Suppressing fire, positioning, manoevering, picking good positions and so on are all important.

At the moment, I am under the assumption the team is spread out with a few metres between everyone.

So who would like to do the honor of accompanying 0001 to a mission objective. I'd say bachelorettes only but... Well. Bachelorettes only. (That's a joke.)

Looks like we got a proper firefight on your hands. You overall have greater firepower but that grenade launcher alone gives them impressive area control and destructive power. Do note, it is not meant for ripping open heavy armour but for most of the Damnation's Hunger team, it's not going to be a fun time! At the same time, I will say that tarrhaidim is not the only one of its kind in the enemy squad; be prepared to lay more hurt than you typically might into them. They cannot infinitely regenerate but due to their fungoid biology, are not as affected by some types of more grievous wounds than most and feel less pain or shock.

Last edited:
If Ray draws enemy fire, can you guys move up and kick their asses? They already are focused on him, and since he is not encumbered by heavy armor he can run like Forrest Gump.

Anyone wanna accompany 0001 as he tries to run a pincer maneuver on the enemies and then begin the journey to the objectives?

Quick question: do you all prefer the short posts like the one I did right after SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher started firing to come completely out of the blue or do you prefer to be told first? They are typically going to be triggered by more dramatic actions taken by the party in combat or other such scenarios. I am thinking the larger the enemy force, the more of these they get but certain enemy types (higher ranking ones especially) can give the OpFor more of those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back