• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern D A R K [STILL ACCEPTING]

Athens

"Film Major"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #8f0d0d;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #5c2521;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} plot) (show tabsContentplot)
if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentlore)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} spots) (show tabsContentspots)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]plot
[div class=tab]lore
[div class=tab]rules[/div][div class=tab]spots[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentplot"]
In the DARK of the Night, the Monsters will crawl
chris'coding

The memories play on a torturous loop before your eyes. The time spent locked up and toyed... You were altered at the whim of another and once your captor had what they wanted, you were to be disposed of.

You shouldn't be alive, but you are.
You shouldn't remember, but you do.

It’s been months since you were held captive in the Oasis Research Facility. The days of having no memory of who you were upon waking in a sterile white room and the nights of being induced to slumber at the first instant of the setting sun were finally behind you.

You could try and move on, but you won’t. You can’t.

Every second of your life since the day you escaped from the burning facility has been filled with rage, frustration, and a desire to make your captors pay for what they’ve done to you and the others. To let them witness firsthand the darkness they’ve bred into their DARK subjects. They tried and failed to kill you to hide their sins.

Now, you’d repay the favor.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlore" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding

So Oasis may seem very action-focused at first read, but it's really not.
The main plot of Dark is about a group of genetically altered "supers" living together with the common goal of seeking vengeance against the leaders of the corporation Oasis, yes. But I plan to have the story more focused on the characters and their wants, fears, relationships, powers, and memories with the story following alongside the development of theses characters and interweaving into their stories.

Some Lore For You
Oasis is a very well-known corporation for creating medicines and revolutionary technology for the medical field, but these accomplishments are just a facade to hide public eyes from the true purpose of their company — researching and developing super soldiers to sell to bidders. Oasis has been perfecting their super soldier research for years during PHASE 1, but the DARK subjects were the first real attempt at the putting the research to the test in what they referred to as PHASE 2; the DARK subjects were not intended to be a success. The subjects were observed and chosen based on a variety of circumstances:
Mental stability, Temperament, Combat Experience, Emotional state, Family history, Past relationships, hell, even Work experience. Anything that gave them a variety of personalities to work with, but the one constant was:
They wouldn't be searched for it they were to go missing.
Whether this was because of a falling out or deceased relatives, it didn't matter.

Once the subjects were chosen, they were taken to the warehouse facility and injected with the DARK serum. Then the experiments began. A variety of subjects of interests were to studied from what caused different abilities to manifest in the individuals to the extremes their abilities could manage when pushed to their limit. For most tests, the subjects were kept docile with an experimental drug to maintain compliance but not always. Occasionally, a subject was allowed to start fights or escape to gather more real-time data of their abilities. The subjects were never in control.

Tests mainly occurred during the morning and afternoon and once the sun began to go down, curtains were drawn and the patients were injected with a serum to wipe their memories and then put into an induced slumber. These two procedures were used as a fail safe in case the facility were ever to be found or a patient managed to escape and was discovered during an early morning panic. Every night it was the same. Missing a nightly dosage was detrimental to Oasis' work.

So when testing wrapped up and the subjects were no longer of use, they were put to bed the same as always, the research was gathered, and the facility was set ablaze. But what the Oasis team didn't account for was someone injecting the patients with a serum of their own after procedure was finished to wake some of the patients up.

Those who were awoken (your characters) managed to escape and steal away in the night in a van "left" behind. With a marked map and a bag of cash, they retreat to the mountains where they attempt to regather themselves and make sense of the memories of the facility flooding back into their brains and the abilities they don't know how to control. But after a few months off the grid in a high-tech lodge/facility, an agreement is met to find the head of Oasis, their lackeys, and anyone else involved and make them pay.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding

Athens' rules:
1) ALL RPN rules and community guidelines apply. (Feel free to go check those out if you need a refresher)
2) Please read the Lore Tab
3) We will be using Discord primarily for OOC and planning
4) No OP characters. Everyone has weaknesses and flaws.
5) Real faceclaims only, please. I'd also like to have a relatively balanced number of males to females characters, if possible
6) There is a two - three paragraphs minimum per post. But even so, I will always prefer quality over quantity. Just... Please make sure it's literate.
7) I know people get busy so all I ask is that you post 1 time each week minimum. You can post more (I'm not a big supporter of posting orders) but I don't want things to get too out of hand or have people left behind in the posting dust and will tell you as such if it becomes a concern; the story will not progress unless everyone is ready.
8) You can claim up to three characters and what ability they will have, but this roleplay is not first come first serve.
9) Drama is okay in the roleplay, but I do not want discourse amongst any roleplayers in the group. If you have concerns, take them up with me.
10) Finally, Be active. Don't go ghost. If you don't think you want to stay in the roleplay or can't be active at this time. T E L L me. I'm more than willing to figure out a way to let you jump back in later once your free.
11) If you do drop off with informing anyone, I hold the right to continue the roleplay without you if you have not contacted me within the timespan of a week.
If you've read all the rules, please add the phrase "I am the Dark Knight" somewhere in your character sheet ^-^
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentspots" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
Claimed Abilities
frank augustin, male, odds manipulation.
jude rivera-carvajal, female, fire manipulation.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
Coming soon...
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
Once there's more interest, I'll post the character sheet thread.

Feel free to claim a gender and abilities now, if you'd like and I'll add them to the spots list.

coolio, thanks c: this is what i'm thinkin' so far, but i might change it.

coolio, thanks c: this is what i'm thinkin' so far, but i might change it.
That's perfectly alright. I'll add them to the list!

Ugh, I did not get a notif for this... But if everyone so far is still interested, I can definitely put the character sheet thread up.

Ugh, I did not get a notif for this... But if everyone so far is still interested, I can definitely put the character sheet thread up.
I would be rather interested, considering a possibility of an adaptive mutation person kinda LIke shapeshifting but only in response to like environmental pressures or stresses?

sure! that sounds great.
Nice cuz in all honesty unless the shapeshifting is purely appearance wise shapeshifting can be really op to the point of ruining things... besides it makes it more interesting especially since they have little control of the changes could have a whole thing where they have mutated so much that they hardly look human anymore and fear totally losing there humanit all together

Nice cuz in all honesty unless the shapeshifting is purely appearance wise shapeshifting can be really op to the point of ruining things... besides it makes it more interesting especially since they have little control of the changes could have a whole thing where they have mutated so much that they hardly look human anymore and fear totally losing there humanit all together
Yeah, I plan to have weaknesses listed for powers in the character sheet to keep the range of one's abilites more limited
And like three main abilities that the character has

Users who are viewing this thread

Back