• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Cyberpunk: Samurai Rising

Bad.Influence

Doer of Dumb Stuff
Wassup choom? Hope you’re having a preem day. I’m a role player of 11-ish years experience in multiple settings, looking for some awesome people to start up a RP set in the universe of the Cyberpunk 2077 video game.

• Will only RP with a partner who is over 18 as I’m over 20 myself. Am fine with characters being played that are under 18 in the RP as long as age appropriate relationships between characters are being played out for obvious reasons.
  • Am able to RP either on here or on Discord
  • I write in 3rd person and would prefer my partner to do the same
  • My posts vary in length depending on what’s going on in the scene. I’d never write one liners and am able to do multiple paragraphs.
  • My limits are the site rules. Other than that, I’m incredibly easy. If you have limits, I’ll take those seriously whilst writing with you.
  • I enjoy working with my partner, not against them or being the sole driver of the RP ship. I enjoy hearing other people’s ideas for plots and storylines and welcome you to share them with me whenever you want. So yeah, feel free to plot with me and throw ideas at me OOCly.
  • Romance isn’t necessary for me. Sure, it can happen if it makes sense and our characters have natural chemistry, if not, it would feel forced.
  • Side characters are welcome to add life and more depth to our story! I’ll probably try my hand at a few as the story progresses, would be cool if my partner could do the same.

If you’re still here, awesome. Thanks. You’re breathtaking! ... ahem.... In regards to Cyberpunk, I am really craving to play Johnny Silverhand and would be super stoked if someone was interested in starting a story with me, pre-2077. While this is the barebones plot/story starter I had in mind, it’s not set in stone. Let me know if you have any other ideas if you’re still interested!

Samurai Rising

It’s 2003 and a local band called Samurai have just pulled off the most preem show of all time in the heart of Night City. People everywhere are talking about it either with excitement or horror depending on their connections to the Corpo elite. It turns out that Universal Music thought the gig in question that resulted in a bar fight, multiple arrests and melted chrome implants conveyed such raw, relatable energy, they had to give Samurai a record deal.

Only three weeks later, Samurai are about to head out on their first world tour following their new single ‘Blistering Love’ smashing the EuroRadio Charts in the face with a fist, placing the band firmly at Number One. Rumour has it, their debut album is only a few weeks away and the fans and media are buzzing about it like crazy. Also, they’re bracing themselves for what should be an incredibly eventful world tour.

Johnny Silverhand never seemed happy unless he was pissing someone off with his egomania, trigger happy attitude and temper. Parties and trashed hotel rooms would likely be the last of their record companies worries once the band hit the road. If one thing was certain, people would be talking about this world tour for an incredibly long time as trouble was sure to find them on the long road ahead. Many of the crew on tour with the band suspected Silverhand was hoping trouble would swamp them. He just seemed like that sort of person; arrogant, selfish, and frankly like a bit of a prick. Whether it be street gangs, heavily armed Corpo gonks, or general law enforcement, touring the world as a band likely wouldn’t be so easy with an insufferable man like Silverhand around. Things were likely to get complicated and quickly.

With Samurai’s opening show in a few days, their crew seemed a little tense about what was to come. The hype and media buzz only made it worse. Things potentially might explode a lot earlier than expected - and no, not Kerry Eurodyne’s guitar amp in a blazing rock and roll inferno on stage. Either bad luck or over the top antics were certainly going to get them all noticed... just the concern was who by.

It’s up to you what sort of character you can play obviously! Could be anything from a band member, tour manager, journalist, stowaway fan or even an unlucky cop/Corpo employee that gets kidnapped and is taken along for the ride! Or of course anything else. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Feel free to drop me a DM if you have any questions, suggestions, or want to start up something! Cheers peeps!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back