• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Erina smiled at her. "Shuffle said you had the water flask, and I need it, if you're not using it."

"Oh, uh," Jerry looked past Erina to the door directly across the hall from her. "I lent it to Veo so she could make potions. If you're hungry, I think she's making fruit, too." Jerry didn't know Veo was conked out at the moment, though.

Jerry looked at Asta and shrugged as she began packing up her kit. "What do you think she needs the water for?"

There was some movement and groaning from the other side of the door. Veo answered, looking like she was a few minutes from falling into a coma. "Yes?"

Asta shrugged as well. "Perhaps she's thirsty?"

Erina blinked as she saw Veo. "Ah, sorry to bother you. I just needed the water flask. Jerry also mentioned something about fruit, but if it's too much trouble, that's fine."

"i dunno," Jerry packed up her kit and strapped up, "Did you see where Poli went?" She went to go look for the mimic.

"Oh, Erina!", Veo perked up a bit and vanished back inside the room to rummage around for something, coming back with the flask and what looked like a cross between a pear and a banana. "How'd it go?"

“I believe I saw them watching from the door earlier.”

Sure enough, Poli was still just outside the door as a small box.

Erina paused, surprised by the sudden change. “Ah... How did what go?”

Jerry knelt down to look at the box. "What are you doing?" She poked the latch with her left index finger.

"Don't play innocent with me," Veo said with a grin. She looked like she had a secret she wanted to share despite being ready to drop.

Poli opened up their lid, revealing a minimal face within. "Waiting, mostly. I figured you'd want your usual bodysuit eventually."

Erina blinked. "I'm guessing you, and the rest of the party, know what we were doing last night then. Just based on your expression."

Jerry nodded, "Yep." She picked up the little box and walked back into the room. "I got a question, why do you keep going off and turning into a box?" Maybe is was more comfortable? Jerry didn't know that her alter was a danger to herself and eveyone around her in a fight.

Veo nodded, "Except for Jerry and Shuffle, I think. The walls are thin." She chuckled and grabbed Erina's hand. "I'm a healer, I know things you don't even know I know."

“Well, it’s easy to put myself out of the way like that. I also just feel more secure with a hardened outside.”

“Well, alright then. I didn’t expect anyone else to be so...excited about it though.”

"Who said you were in the way?" Jerry looked a little confused. "If you'd prefer a hardened outside we can workshop that, too."

"Oh, psh," Veo waved it off, "This is the first non-terrible thing to happen in a month, why wouldn't I be excited about it?" She shoved the flask into Erina's hand, "Now, I'm sure you're both parched, so go take care of him." And she closed the door.

"No one said I was, but I didn't want to take the chance of getting underfoot. And a box form works fine for me, so it's not a big deal, really."

Erina blinked and looked at the flask. "Ah... Thank you?" She turned and headed back to Adran.

"Oh," Jerry set the box down. "Well, if you ever think you're in the way, my kit's a pretty good hiding spot. Just ask Asta, when he was in a coma that's where I kept him to make sure he was out of danger."

Adran by now had the bedding in a pile and a large tub over some fire magic, waiting for water. "There you are, have a hard time walking?"

Asta nodded. "As far as I know, I was safe the entire time."

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind."

"No, it just took some time to track down the water." Erina handed over the flask. "Apparently the walls here are thin. It seems everyone except Shuffle and Jerry knows what we were getting up to."

"Anyway," Jerry extended her scaled hand towards the box, "You know the drill."

"That's odd," Adran commented as he started pouring water into the tub. "I thought stone was a better insulator." He shrugged and snapped his fingers, causing the water to start boiling. "That's probably why Beri was pissed, though, and what hit me in the spine last night." He shook his head as he started washing the sheets.

Poli nodded and formed up into the bodysuit as usual. “You want something different with that hand?”

Erina nodded. “Veo seemed happy about it though. I’m...still not sure why.”

"Eh," Jerry lokked at the hand, "The scales make my hand less sensitive, I guess leave it bare for now."

Adran shook his head, "I don't know what's going on with her, to be honest. Last I spoke with her she was ready to kill over that plant, now she's happy?"

"Will do." Poli left the hand bare, as requested.

Erina shrugged. "I don't understand it myself. But, I suppose it's better if she's happy than yelling at everyone."

Suited and strapped up, Jerry reached for Asta to climb on and went to go see what the others were doing to finish breaking camp, and go punch Joanne in the throat. "What's going on?"

"We're breaking camp," Emfa replied, munching on one of Veo's fruit and not breaking camp.

"Yeah, that's definitely true," Adran agreed, taking a swig from the flask. It tingled going down his throat as the purity water attempted to rid the warlock of corruption. Asmodeus' influence was stronger than that off the ruins, being an archdevil and all, so instead of burning it just tickled a bit. He corked the flask and tossed it to Erina. "Thirtsty?"

"Yeah." Shuffle agreed as she and her reflection patted each others' face in some game only the two of them understood. "Breaking camp."

Erina caught the flask. "Yes, ever since Veo mentioned it." She uncorked the flask and took a rather long drink. It burned, but compared to the alcohol she tried last night, it was easily tolerable.

Jerry rolled her eyes, "Well, c'mon, we've got ground to cover and I've got an idiot to punch," she walked by and booped the Shuffles. "What are you two doing?"

"We're waiting on the two lovebirds and Veo's conked out," Emfa shrugged.

The Shuffles looked up at Jerry. "I always manage to cheer myself up when other things make me stressed."

"Do I cheer other people up, too?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back