• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

They both nodded before getting up. Shuffle dug her mirror out from her pile of clothes and other belongings, letting the reflection return to it before she started trotting off.

Jerry started after Shuffle, catching up pretty easily since Shuffle wasn't running. "Did anything weird happen while I was out?" Asta had explained what he could, but maybe Shuffle had more information or knew something Asta didn't know or hadn't told her?

"Um..." Shuffle tilted her head. "Everyone was arguing about burnt goblins. And Veo has a secret, but she says she won't tell me until I'm older. And....Erina and Adran were making a lot of noise, but I don't know why."

"What do you think the secret is?", considering Adran and Erina's disposition, Jerry had a vague idea about the noises, but otherwise, not really.

"I don't know. She was smiling at you and Asta, but when I asked what was funny, she wouldn't tell me."

"What?" That wasn't really a question, what was that cow getting at? "What else did she say?", Jerry's tone shifted a bit, a bit suspicious on the subject.

Shuffle whined. "I don't like waiting..." She looked up at Jerry. "Can you find out what it is for me?"

Jerry chuckled, "I know exactly what it is, and that's something that's supposed to stay between me and Asta, Veo is a nosy little shit."

Jerry chuckled and shook her head. "It's something Veo wants to happen, and it's not going to." Asta might be able to pick up on what Jerry was doing everything she could to not say.

Shuffle turned to face her. "What is it? Please, I wanna know!" She gave a few hops as she begged. Alas, she was cursed with curiosity.

"You really wanna know?" Jerry turned and knelt down to Shuffle's level, leaning in like she was going to tell a big secret. "The thing is-" and then she burped and stood back up.

Shuffle looked excited as Jerry knelt down. Her ears went back as she burped before she just looked confused. "...what?"

It took a while for the crew to reach the burnt down goblin village. By the time they managed to get most of the way there, Jerry looked uncomfortable, but not from the burnt village in front of her. she kept stopping and adjusting the kit across her lower back. Inside the bodysuit, Poli would be able to detect that the bump over Jerry's tailbone had been slowly growing while they traveled, and it wasn't very comfortable.

Poli had listened in on he conversation about Jerry's new hand, so they figured it was part of that and didn't bring it up.

Shuffle somehow hadn't noticed the hand yet. She looked around as the burned village came into sight, searching for Joanne, Beri, and Fia.

Joanne was pretty much still in her statue-like sleeping position, Beri trying to wake her up. The leopard was finding it extremely difficult to rouse the mountain of steel.

"Damn, my reflection did this?", Jerry looked around the burnt village, "What did she use to start the fire?"

Poli spoke up. "She lit the spark with flint, but she used the goblin's plentiful supply of alcohol as fuel."

Fia was a ways away, picking at a charred goblin. She was probably used to eating burnt food.

Shuffle went over to see what Beri was doing with Joanne.

"That's.. that's genius, actually," if that sounded like admiration, it was for her reflection's ingenuity, not the act itself. Jerry strode towards Joanne as Beri looked up from the woman to ask what Shuffle was doing here as Jerry came over.

"What are you- Jerry what are you doing?" Jerry answered that question by grabbing Joanne's helmet and drumming on it with her claw, getting the paladin to jerk awake and try to stab Jerry, which Jerry was able to dodge because Jerry was that kind of fighter.

"Mornin', princess. You sleep well?"

"Yes, I believe I did," Joanne nodded as she stood and removed her helmet.

"Good." Jerry then punched Joanne in the throat with the clawed hand. Oddly, the draconic hand didn't seem as fragile as her normal one, she only sprained her hand this time.

Shuffle hopped back, surprised by the sudden attack, and put her ears back. The look on her face read "not again...".

Fia looked over. She glanced at what she'd been eating before deciding she was done with it and walking over to the group.

"The hells were you thinking?", Jerry demanded of the choking paladin, shaking her hand. "Burn an entire village? Men, women, children, and elderly?" Joanne, of course, was choking on account of just getting decked in the breathing tube as Beri stepped back, knowing better than to get between two squabbling women after a group of Adran's consorts got into a fight over which was his girlfriend a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back