• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Shuffle looked at the hydra sac again before licking it a bit more.

Erina spoke up. “A cast might work. My silk could be wrapped around her well enough, but we would need some way to make it rigid to keep everything in place.”

Veo shook her head, "We don't have anything stiff enough for that, except her armor, and that's been bent and warped out of useable shape." She looked at Erina, and pointed to her carapace. "How stable is your abdomen when you move?"

That was good enough. "It'll have to work. Emfa, help me wrap her." Joanne looked something like a mummy before it was over, with all of her broken bones wrapped and her limbs bound in position, before Veo and Emfa carefully lifted her to move her from the ground to Erina's carapace.

Erina folded her legs to make it less of a lift for them, holding still as they loaded her up.

Meanwhile, back near the hydra remains, Shuffle had gone stiff after licking up some more of the hydra's blood. She was only still upright thanks to her fairly stable posture.

Carefully, Veo and Emfa put Joanne down on Erina's abdomen. They didn't have any of Erina's pre-woven cordage left to tie her there, but they could hold her in place if Erina could weave around Joanne.

Jerry and Adran were closest to Shuffle when she'd gone stiff. Jerry looked up to see Shuffle ramrod stiff and cautiously reached for her daggers.

Erina couldn't reach back too well for weaving behind her back, but she could make some webbing for them to tie her down with.

Shuffle stayed stiff for a few moments before she relaxed with a sigh. She looked at the sac again before dropping it. "Maybe I should stop..."

With Joanne secured to Erina's abdomen, Erina was free to get up as Veo and Emfa then gathered up Joanne's armor to put away.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Jerry agreed putting the daggers away.

Erina stood up, ready to move on with the group.

Shuffle looked at her arms. "I really don't know what that one did, but I think I'm stronger, somehow."

Veo called the others back over once Joanne was secured so they could pack up to leave. "We need to find the door before the feeders come," she explained as she packed Joanne's mangled armor into the magical bag.

Fia spoke up, pointing with her wing. "Oh, I saw the door over there, on the other side of the hydra."

On the other side of the hydra... on the other side of the corpse that was so large it was still breaking down as they spoke... "Well, looks like we're going climbing," Adran groaned before they started working their way past the corpse.

Erina and Shuffle had an easy time climbing past the corpse. Fia and Emil could just fly over anything too big. Erina glanced back at Joanne as she went. "Good call tying her down...."

Jerry had a pretty easy time getting around the coils of the serpent as well. With Amdis, Adran could just fly over it, with Beri clinging to the nightmare's rear. Veo and Emfa couldn't just fly over it, so it came down to Emfa pulling Veo up and down the hydra's body.

Eventually the group managed to reach the other side together. As they reached the door, the air distorted to signal the arrival of a greater blight hound.

Jerry and Adran, one-hundred and ten percent done with this dungeon's shenanigans, didn't even turn to see where the hound was and just yanked the door open. Veo whirled around and drew her axe to face the beast and Veo ducked behind the door with Jerry and Adran, Beri hopping off the horse to face the creature as well.

Erina hurried through the door herself, along with Emil and Fia. Shuffle stopped to look with Emfa, though the hound hadn’t noticed them. It was too busy feeding on the carrion.

Seeing as the hound was busy and the huge corpse would no doubt attract legions more before they could dispose of the first hound, Emfa and Beri did the smart thing and went with the others, closing the door behind them and continuing on as quietly as they could until they were out of earshot of the arena.

Shuffle had the same thought and joined them. She's fought hounds before, what difference does one make? Hurrying on, the group would soon come to an empty room with a door leading on. As good a place as any to catch their breath if needed.

Upon getting to the empty room, Veo immediately went to Erina to make sure Joanne was still out of it and she hadn't been reinjured. She confirmed that she was, and smiled. "She'll be asleep for a few hours, I'll re-dose her when we make camp."

"It's only been a few hours since we broke camp, we'd be making less progress if we stopped here," Jerry added, "We can take a breather, but we're too close to too many corpses to camp here."

Emil nodded. "We're better off finding another sanctuary. Then we don't have to worry about getting attacked while we rest."

With the group in agreement, everyone took some time to catch their breath and recover from any injuries they'd received in the fight. Veo didn't leave Erina's side, almost weighing the arachne down with the weight of two people instead of one, but Veo was mindful enough to not be so close that she was on Erina.

Erina didn't seem to mind. She knew Veo needed to keep an eye on Joanne. Even so, she didn't mind standing close to others. As they were resting, Shuffle walked over to Veo. "Do you still have the healing water?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back