• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"And you listened to Siege?" Normally, Siege was the last person Roy would listen to, at least as far as their mother knew. "You don't think she did it to make me angrier?"

"You panicked." Jerry looked away at Nyah peering around the door to make sure she didn't kill her son, "And why do you I was yelling?"

-------------------

"There," Jalin withdrew his net of blood as the rats he'd claimed animated to go retrieve the bugs, making a pile outside. Fortunately, this one was smaller than the pile of bodies at the fortress, but this was only one house, as rotted wood began to join the pile so it wouldn't just be burnt animals that filled the air, "One down, three to go."

"...Because we made you worry by getting into a dangerous situation and not letting you know we were alright..."

----------

Shuffle kept stalking the reanimated rats up until they piled themselves up, at which point she lost interest.

"Exactly, you told me you were about to die if you screwed up and didn't let me know you were okay for two days!" The frosty exterior was starting to crack, "Do you have any idea how terrifying it is to think I'll have to bury my children?"

“I’m sorry. I meant to call you sooner, but things happened in succession and it...slipped my mind...”

Jerry sighed, "Roy, if you're gonna tell me you're gonna die, you better tell me you're okay the instant you're in the clear!" Her eyes were almost burning as she said that, "You're gonna give me a heart attack!"

“I know... I’ll try harder to let you know if it happens again. Or I won’t tell you about the danger until it’s already passed.”

“Ah, well, Nidia went into heat and threw our plan off the rails, but we lucked out and a thief made off with the stone in the night. While Turac was keeping Nidia and Siege on ice, the rest of us went after the thief. We found the thief, torn to shreds with the stone in hand. I realize now we have Shuffle to thank for that.”

"Uh-huh..." Jerry frowned, "So that's where she went..."

About then, Siege appeared behind Roy, "Hey, we just cleared all the pests, we need your hel-" she spotted Jerry in the mirror and suddenly Siege was gone.

Roy glanced back at Siege's voice before looking to the mirror again. "Yeah, apparently she can turn invisible now. I haven't asked her where she got that. But she's been following us all along, and making us nervous as well since Jalin kept sensing her nearby. Anyway, we retrieved the stone and managed to get a forgery made. The royals aren't of draconic descent, so they couldn't tell the difference when we gave it to them, keeping the real stone for ourselves."

"Uh-huh...", Jerry frowned, "That's a new one..." she looked back to Nyah, "Hey, you follow her around most of the time, where did Shuffle get invisibiliy?"

"She didn't?", Nyah looked confused, "She hasn't bitten anything with natural invisibility that I know of..."

"She does still occasionally go on her solo hunts though, doesn't she? She might have encountered something then. Not that I can think of many creatures with that ability."

"But you and Siege should have seen her if she was invisible invisible," Jerry gestured to her eyes, "I'm a Shade, you guys have Truesight!" So that meant whatever it was had extreme camouflage, or some high magic in its blood.

"Which means it must have been camouflage. I'll ask her about it." Roy shook his head. "In any case, she only showed herself recently to help us deal with some plant monsters."

"Well," Jerry sighed, "It's good to know you're not dead, sweetheart." She looked past Roy to the townsfolk moving materials, "I think there's stuff going on the others need you for."

Roy glanced over. "Mm, yeah. I'll guess I'll talk to you later then. I'll let Siege and Turac know you've calmed down. Maybe one of them will call you."

Roy smiled as well before standing up, going to return Nidia’s mirror and see what his help was needed for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back