• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Emil was looking at Veo. "I'm afraid it did. He did learned his manners from a rogue and a chimera, after all."

"But he was always so polite before- Nidia!" Veo blinked in surprise as she glimpsed Nidia again, "Nidia I know you have better taste in men than that."

"Oh... Well... I was kind of throwing things at the time." Emil blinked and she quickly continued. "I was frustrated and Siege was angry and she started throwing things at me so I started throwing things at her and then Turac came in and stopped us both."

"You... what?", Now Veomas was confused, pinching her nose. It was too damn early for all this six sides to one story. "Let me guess, Siege has another version of the story, too?"

"Maybe? When I went into heat, it drove her into heat, too. She wasn't happy about that to begin with, then the heat was probably frustrating as well, so she was pretty much a hazard to everyone during that time."

Veo facepalmed, "it's too early for this," she muttered, "How did Jerry handle all of us messing around?", she wondered out loud as she tried to figure out who she was supposed to be mad at, now.

Emil shook his head. "Who knows..."

Nidia spoke again. "But we resolved that situation, at least. Oh, I didn't finish catching you two up on what's happened."

"I don't think so. But the others made a deal and got a forgery of the stone, which we handed to the royals. They were grateful and set us up with a wagon for our journey, so we spent some time preparing, which was when I got that herb mix, and then headed on. We're in a forest kingdom now, and we found a village being attacked by plant monsters, so we stepped in to help. Honestly, the fight wasn't going too well until Shuffle showed up."

Nidia sighed. "Apparently she's been following us all along. Turac froze her in his lake, but it didn't last nearly as long as expected. She kept herself hidden until helping now, so it was making us nervous because Jalin could sense her, but we could never see her."

Emil tilted his head. "She's normally rather hard to miss."

"Not when she's invisible."

"Since when could Shuffle turn invisible?"

Nidia shrugged.

Veo groaned, "I swear, if Bastet's jumped ship I'm going to be very angry." It seemed like everyone and their crazy aunt was out getting into trouble!

Nidia shook her head. “I don’t think she would. We would’ve found her by now anyway.”

Emil looked at Veo. “I can check on her if it’ll help you settle down.”

"Please," Veo sighed. It was way too early for this mess to be sprung. Turac was with them instead of his parents, now Turac was a human, Shuffle was there, Nidia liked Turac, Turac was rude, and then he wasn't and now she didn't know what was going on. it was going to be a long day, she could already tell.

Emil nodded and got up, heading out to check on Bastet.

Nidia was quiet for a moment. "Sorry for getting you worked up so early. I would've called later if I knew."

Veo sighed, "It's not your fault, just a lot of..." A lot of weird stuff happening at once she was only just being made aware of in the aftermath. "How's Roy and the others doing?"

“They’re doing well. Everyone’s healthy and fine. Siege took a bit of a hit in the last fight, but she’s fine. No head trauma or anything.”

Nidia nodded. "He hasn't shown any signs of pain or complained about it. He mostly uses his cane for tapping the ground rather than leaning on it."

That was some progress, at least. Some of them were stable, it seemed. "That's good," Veo sighed, looking up as she heard footsteps, "I'm sorry I'm in a bad mood, sweetie."

“I mean, I can’t blame you.”

Emil soon stepped back into the room. “Bastet’s in her room.”

Nidia nodded and smiled as Emil sat back down. "It was good talking to you, too. I'll try to time my calls better next time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back