• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Jalin sighed at that, but elected not to state his displeasure that his magics were frowned upon. A nation where necromancy wasn't frowned upon would surely not have these problems! With the dead doin all the labor, it freed the living to pursue their interests.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Siege rolled her shoulders as she and Turac dropped another tree off at the sawmill. "This ain't looking good for the woods," she grumbled as she looked back at the section being cleared away.

"No, but when it's done," the beaver man running the mill replied, "We'll be able to replant." Patch the forest against the damage they'd done. Maybe then the plant monsters would be... temporarily pacified.

Meanwhile Turac took Nidia to do some talking with the growing pseudo-council that had sprung up in the name of some organization until a mayor could be elected again, to see about securing that cluster of abandoned buildings for the party to use.

"Those old buildings?" One of the villagers glanced to the others as the question was posed. "They were actually abandoned before the attack."

One of the others nodded. "They used to be owned by a big family, but they moved out some time ago. No one else had moved in yet."

"No, not at all. You're welcome to them."

The other nodded. "We'd be honored if you chose to have a home here."

Nidia smiled. "Well, thank you."

"We'll do what we can to help with that."

Nidia looked at Turac. "Should we check in with the others?"

"Good," Turac nodded, "Call Roy and Emilia, let them know, I'm gonna see about seeing the inside of our new home." He walked off to go get Siege for the universal key of brute strength to break the front locks open.

Nidia nodded and found an out of the way spot to settle down before calling Roy's amulet.

Roy and Emilia had finished eating when the amulet lit up and Roy pulled it up to answer.

Nidia smiled. "Hello! So, update on those houses. They were already abandoned, so we're free to use them as we like."

Roy nodded. "Good to know. How are repairs coming?"

"Mm, it's slow, but progress is being made."

"We have secured resources to help," Jalin spoke up, "We're waiting for them to be gathered so we can lead them back. If all goes well, we should return in less than three days."

-----------------------

"You know," Siege spoke up as she jimmied the door handle, "I really hate these old locks!" Too rusted to pick, rusted just securely enough you couln't just twist it open.

"Didn't mom-"

"You can't pick a lock that can't be moved, Turac!" Siege groaned and put a bracelet on, "Back up!", she warned before she ripped that part of the door off and the thing swung wide open and free. "Ew," the smell of the abandoned structure reeked in her nose. The town hadn't done anything with the place, but the pests had.

“Ooh, that’s good. I’m sure these people will appreciate that.”

—————

Katsuo was unfazed by the smell. “These places will need a lot of work...”

"Indeed."

"You know these people drink tree sap?", Sinach asked, shuddering, "It's sticky!"

-----------------------

"Let's figure it out, first, then we'll work on it," Turac decided, striding in and looking around. A lot of the wood had rotted, and there were animal feces everywhere. It smelled sickly, and rats jumped out only to be frozen when they jumped at Turac. "Well, the blood boy will have no shortage of material," he sighed.

Nidia blinked. "Really?"

Roy shook her head. "They use it as part of a drink."

Emilia spoke up. "From the taste of it, the sap is hardly a major ingredient. They probably only use a tiny bit to say that it's used."

----------

"For what little use rats would be."

"Either way," Sinach shuddered, "Sticky."

"Yes, well," Jalin sighed, "It is good everything will be alright."

------------

Siege rolled her eyes, "We'll figure it out." She bumped a table and it fell apart. "Termites, yay..."

"At least the walls aren't wood, on the ground floor," Turac sighed, gingerly putting his weight on the stairs to find a way up to the next floor.

Last edited:
Nidia nodded. "Yep. Oh, Roy, have you called your mom back yet?"

"Ugh, no... I'm not going to do it here in public either. It'll have to wait until we get back, or Siege can do it."

----------

Katsuo looked at the stairs "I will stay on the ground floor..."

"Well, just let her know what our options are for that."

Nidia nodded. "Yeah, I will. And I'll stay ready to duck when I do..."

"We'll return in a few days time," Jalin said, "Keep the village safe." He assumed that would have been the end of the conversation, there wasn't much to discuss. So he focused on tossing back the last of his sap juice.

Sinach fluttered down to perch on Shuffle's horns, out of the sap, but getting a look at her. "You're a weird creature."

Nidia nodded. "Will do." With that, she ended the call.

Emilia looked at her drink as Roy put away the amulet. "I need to call my parents again soon. I meant to call them more frequently."

Shuffle glanced up towards Sinach. "Yeah."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back