• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"If I had to hazard a guess, a couple hours?"

------------

"You took me off the ground, I don't know, either." Jalin didn't know the path, anyway.

“Should someone go check then?”

—————

“Well, you must have said something right to get me in the mood.”

Sinach sighed and looked around the table, "I'm the only one that's not drunk or exhausted."

--------

Jalin shrugged and gave a sly smile, "I tripped, you caught me."

Roy raised a finger. "I'm... alright, I'm just a little of both. But not much."

----------

Sal chuckled. "Sounds like you just fell for me then."

"Exactly," Sinach waved his wings, "I know I'm a flyer, but it's powered flight, not magic flight. It's exhausting to cover distances. I'm built for traversing libraries, not cities. We can't get back to the boat."

-----------

That made Jalin giggle, "Well," he smiled and leaned over Sal to kiss her, "I wouldn't mind falling again."

"Well, we can't just abandon him. And calling him with the amulet might mess up whatever he could be trying to do."

----------

Sal smiled from the kiss. "You're quite the charmer when you want to be. I think I might could get used to you, even sober."

"Did he say anything to you?", Sinach asked Katsuo, assuming the blind mage would have told his companion his intentions.

-------------

"I think I'd like that," Jalin agreed, "But my party and I..."

Katsuo shook his head. "Only that he would look after himself and catch up when he had the stone."

----------

Sal nodded. "Adventurers, yeah. I get that. I wouldn't want to give up my life on the sea either."

"No estimated time of arrival?"

----------------

"About that," Jalin propped himself up on his elbow. "I know you own the Airstone. We're looking for all eight."

"No. I think we both assumed it would be a quick job."

----------

Sal paused for a moment. "Dragonstone of Wind, and there's nine. Is that what you lot set out to do?"

Sinach groaned, "Fine, but if he doesn't show up tomorrow we got a problem."

----------

"I was told of eight," Jalin gave a little shrug, "Yes. Roy, the goat one, found a book about them, and he's recruited the rest of us to find them."

Roy nodded. "Right. Hopefully it's just a minor delay. Well, not minor at this point."

----------

"I see. So how long was this part of it planned?"

Sinach shrugged again, "Can't be too hard to pick her- she walks with her coat closed, doesn't she?"

----------

"Oh, none of this was on the agenda at all." Jalin shook his head, "I was just supposed to feign the drunken blind man struggling to regain his footing and pinch the stone, and..." He realized the hole he was digging as he spoke, "I wasn't taking advantage of you, I swear!"

"I believe she does, yes..."

----------

"Mm..." Sal sat up. "Well, you were certainly honest a few moments ago, I could tell. And you're being honest now." She glanced at the ceiling before looking at him. "Why do you want the stones?"

"Shit."

----------

"Supposedly, when they're all gathered together they can be used to cast a Divine Wish without using their possessor's mana." Jalin sighed, "As you can see, it's gotten very complicated very quickly."

"Fair enough," Jalin smirked. "I'm a necromancer and a blood mage, dominion over blood and death is my specialty. I guess I'd like to have healing magic in there, as well." He held his hand in front of his face like he was looking at it, "Be able to heal any injury."

A smile crossed his face at the thought of what he'd be able to accomplish with powerful healing spells, before nodding at Sal, "What about you?"

Sal smiled. "Nothing. I have what I want: a life of freedom and adventure on the open seas. What more could I ask for?"

"Hmm," Jalin smiled, "Well, speaking of adventure..." He sat up to sit face-to-face with her. "I at least need to know that my party will be able to get to that stone when we need it."

“Mm. I rely rather heavily on this stone. With it, I can catch or outrun any other ship, my crew doesn’t need to fear storms, and I can fire a shot and guide it to an exact point on the horizon. I’m not keen to give it up. But, I could be convinced to let you borrow it, briefly.”

"That's an awful long time to stay in port, and the seas are unpredictable, so setting out without it is a risk I haven't taken in a long time."

Jalin nodded, "I wouldn't have you risk your life if I could avoid it," he was feeling rather affectionate at the moment. "Hmm," he stroked his chin absentmindedly for a moment, before lighting up, "Oh, I know, where are my clothes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back