• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Urodor didn't quite understand that idea. "I forged this domain on my own."

"Yeah, but you can also turn into a behemoth, so," Jerry shrugged.

"I did not have that when I entered, I made that later after encountering and torturing the lich that blinded my eye."

Urodor was of the inclination that anyone not of draconic ancestry was naturally weak in every way, so he was inclined to agree with Emil.

Once everyone had finished eating, Urodor collected everyone's bowls and cutlery to wash and dispose of. "Perhaps I can interest you in drinks?", the dragonewt offered. Adran pulled a bottle out of the bag, this was gonna be a long night.

Emil flicked an ear. "What kind of drinks, if I may ask?"

Shuffle tilted her head. "All I know is water and blood."

Urodor did a little side to side head movement, "I can prepare juice for the little ones, wines and beers for the rest, unless there is soemthing specific?"

Adran chuckled as Erina called for juice. That goblin booze must have hit her like a ton of bricks. Joanne asked for water, apparently romance was not the only thing the paladin was up tight about. Urodor vanished to the other side of his stone brick and gold mortar shack this time, and from the sound of glass and ceramic clinking, the dragonewt must have had half a tavern plus a dozen breweries back there, or something, because when he came back he had enough bottles in his arms, gripped by the talons of his wings, and wrapped in his tail to stock a small tavern for a week.

Considering the size of the territory and the tiny portion they'd seen, that had a dozen answers ranging from "I take it from those that don't pay the toll," to "I make it myself." The real answer, as Urodor explained, was in the middle. he made it from things he took from people that don't pay the toll. That was how he got his goats.

"I see. It's a wonder what people bring down here."

Shuffle shrugged. "It's working out for us, at least. And Uru... Uwu, Uraru.... Um...."

"Urodor." Urodor didn't seem to mind that Shuffle had trouble with his name as he handed her two mugs of some kind of fruit juice, probably grape. He went around distributing juice, alcohol, and water to those that had asked.

A few rounds in and Urodor seemed to be trying to get Jerry drunk the same way Adran had, partially, done with Erina, trying to get her to try different drinks. "Ten silver says she stabs him in the stones before the night's over," Adran chuckled, nudging Erina with his elbow.

Shuffle looked at and sniffed the juice before taking a taste, helping Fia with hers afterwards.

Erina glanced at Adran as he nudged her before simply taking a drink.

Asta didn't let it go on for long, catching on to what he was doing and speaking up. "I'm unfamiliar with hospitality, but does it always involve trying to have your way with your guests?"

"Oh, never mind, Asta might bite him first," Adran raised an eyebrow at the chimera's reaction as Jerry spit out a mouthful of... whatever alcoholic concoction that was.

"What?"

"Nevermind that i said never mind, she might stab him anyway."

"Am I wrong for enjoying the company of the first woman of my species I have seen in... Tiamat knows how long?", Urodor asked the chimera.

“It is if it involves impairing her judgement first.”

Niudisa gave a nod. “I know I’m hoping for a combo.”

"Ten silver they both go for the stones."

"Asta, you think i can't hold my liquor? I robbed a noble drunk, I'm not even buzzed." Jerry chuckled, and didn't seem ready to attack, but considering even Poli didn't know where her knives were and Poli was plastered to her skin, that might mean something else.

"See, the lady is fine." Urodor smiled like nothing was wrong.

Last edited:
"That does not change his intentions. The last time I saw behavior like his, Adran was working towards losing favor with his patron."

Beri actually got a laugh out of that. Adran's smile vanished and he just started drinking again. Urodor's hopsitable smile also vanished. "You cat is quite rude, milady."

"Chimera," Jerry corrected.

"Perhaps it would be best if the three of you took a break from each other?", Joanne offered, trying to keep a fight from breaking out.

Asta huffed and looked at Jerry. "I'll not stop you from drinking what you think you can handle, but I'll keep watch and intervene if things get out of hand."

Shuffle had taken to watching the scene in the middle of giving Fia a drink, tilting the cup further and further without paying much attention. Fia just kept chugging before finally flapping her wings as she started sputtering. Shuffle looked over and moved the cup away to keep from drowning the harpy in juice. They made a bit of a mess, so Shuffle started trying to wipe Fia's chest off with her hands.

"Yeah, I think we need a break," Jerry agreed with the paladin, turning to go off in a direction. "Shuffle, here," she took off her bandana and tossed it to the flesh golem and then walked off into the grove.

Asta watched Jerry go, only staying put because he remembered her comment once about not staying glued to her.

Shuffle looked over and caught the bandana before using it to wipe Fia off. Fia was just giggling her touch, now that she'd finished coughing.

"I think I owe you ten silver," Adran commented sideways to Niudisa as Jerry went off for a walk. Urodor didn't leave the group but looked disappointed as the other 'wyrmblood' vanished into the woods.

"Who is going to go ensure she does not fall in a hole?', Beri asked. He looked around, Joanne and Emfa were watching the Tollkeeper like hawks, Emfa by now more than a little drunk, so someone had to keep an eye on her, that took out Joanne. Adran was drunk again, so he needed to keep an eye on his master, as Erina had failed miserably when she last had that duty. Veo was hiccuping next to Emil, so she was probably out as well. Maybe Poli could handle her.

Niudisa looked at Adran. "I didn't bet, but I'll take the money anyway."

Shuffle probably would've volunteered, but she was too distracted playing with Fia now, so she missed the question. Erina seemed to be a bit zoned out at the moment, staring at her juice, so she might have missed it as well. Emil was keeping an eye on Veo, not that he was doing too much better than she was. It seemed it was up to Poli after all.

"I'll pay when we've got money again," Adran groaned and stretched, sliding down into laying down. "Huh, that's funny." Normally, he felt pretty connected with the woods. He was a wood elf, after all. It was just a thing that went on in the background. There's a rat over there, a squirrel over there, so on, and so forth. But when he was drunk, that came to occupy a larger area of his senses. There was nothing in these woods. No animal life outside of the Tollkeeper's home clearing. It was like he'd meticulously gone through and killed everything that wasn't a plant or animal that was useful to him.

"These woods are dead," Adran pointed up at the canopy. "There should be at least a mouse running around up there, but there's nothing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back