Counter the Attack Above You

Doomshroud

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕣
This activity/exercise/game is from the Comic Vine RPG forum (who got it from Anime Vice), and I thought I'd make something similar here. Simply put, someone will post an attack (the person above you), and the next person (with any character) explains how they counter/evade/block/sell the attack, and then post an attack themselves (which the next person will counter and so on). A fun way to improve combat RPing skills. I'll start.

Apex drew a flechette from his belt, anticipation building in his chest as he threw out his arm, hurling the sharp projectile at his target's thigh.

12/13/2016: To further clarify on the purpose of this thread, you are supposed to counter the attack above you (it's in the name) and then post an attack of your own. Do not autohit the next poster, and please remember that this is a battle thread (dialogue is perfectly fine in your posts, but remember that isn't the main purpose. Don't post here unless you plan to throw an attack of your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meteors threw his shield downwards to block the otherwise crippling blow. Anger coursed through his veins as he swung his curved blade in a downwards arc.

Pablo, noticing his opponent going for his edged weapon, quickly attempted to evade the attack by going rearward. His large stature and slow pace, however, proved to be extremely unhelpful; as the blade swung past his torso, threatening to deliver a staggering blow, yet only scraping off a median amount of flesh. He immediately let out a small yelp, his face twisting into a grimace, as he hastily leapt back, eager to not let his footing go to waste. Levelling his huge plasma rifle towards his opponent; he pulled the trigger, his gun spitting out a furious burst of white, hot energy towards his attacker.

With that evil genius grin on my face, I pressed both buttons on the remotes that I held. Dust climbed up to my knees as the ground flipped into magnetic panels, each creating a force that slowly dispersed the energy of my enemy´s would-be-bullets. I chucked before showing them by own move:  An mental extortion ray! With the interfierence of my magnets and the sheer size of the ray, even a teleporter wouldn´t be in time to dodge this weapon capable of removing every singe memory into myself, leaving my foes as but infants.

Swinging my cane around with a crazed-yet-eager smile on my face, as it transforms into a futuristic-looking cannon, complete with a holographic deflector shield! Outer centrifuge-like protrusions begin spinning up, and the central barrel releases volleys of super-heated plasma.

Apex gritted his teeth as volleys of plasma slammed into his emerald suit, painfully hurling him across the ground. His chest seared, tears welling in his eyes as his heart skipped a couple beats. Hardly able to breathe through the fumes rising from his melting uniform, he forced himself up to his feet, managing to draw another sharp projectile from his belt and weakly hurling it at his next target.

The clone performed a normal barrier block. "Thats it?" He summoned and launched Ouroboros at his next target (A chain with a snake like head at the end)

Archon's eyes widened at the monstrosity charging towards him, with a surprising agility he deftly lept to the side with all the grace he could yet muster - but alas the Ouroboros ripped through his ribs all the same; taking chunks of flesh and bone with it - Archon flopped to the floor with a sickening crunch, a howling cry of severe agony echoing from his now coarse lungs. Bleeding profusely and barely able to move, he struggled to his feet, every inch of his being roared in pain; his insides felt like they were burning up, but he ignored it with gritted teeth and clenched fists. With a last defiant cry, and a valiant second wind, he threw his pillow at the next opponent; before inevitably collapsing to the floor, wounded and exhausted.

(°__°)

Standing up from my position, I whip my cane around, with lightning reflexes, to smack the pillow out of the way. Sadly, there was too much momentum in the pillow - it was too late...!

The pillow slammed into my face, and, in slow motion, my face contorts before I fall to the floor, utterly defeated.

With my last dying breath, I fling my omni-cane at the target, so it would explode upon impact.

Lol a pillow

He would grab the cane and and inspect it. "Say this would look good with my outfit" Upon leaning on it, it detonated. However, his remains were nowhere in sight.

Cursed Chains would rise from the ground below the next target, ready to wrap around them

Suddenly, a pair of dull, glowing chains ensnaired Captain Leo Greene.

"Gh--!" The unlucky ship captain hadn't seen something like this coming. His arms were now tightly adjoined to his sides, and he could move little more than his fingers now. With his free right thumb, he dug into his uniform's pocket and dug out his beam cutter. He breathed a sigh of relief as it began to make a clean slice across the metal confining him.

"To think something I use to do paperwork would come to good use like this..." he mused as he got up and brushed himself off. He looked to the device at his wrist and held it up to his mouth with a look of irritation.

"Alpha 07, you saw that, right?? Come down to orbit and knock out whoever was trying to take me prisoner. They might be hiding somewhere...I could use some backup," he said into his comm. 

In less than a minute, a sleek, silver mech with blue stripes down its main body boomed down from orbit and hovered at low orbit, its pilot scanning for nearby life-forms. 

"Captain, I have eyes on a single target less than five meters away! There's nothing else showing up!" The pilot informed.

"We're taking them prisoner. Set those rounds for stun, pilot," he ordered.

"Got it, Captain," the mech pilot said as the mech loaded a long-range stun clip into its barrel and zoomed down the horizon.

The target pulled out a small sword and reflected 5 of the rounds to the next target, quickly katana dashing out of the way "You are only human" 

yes i used genji

His heart racing like never before, Apex tore his tactical sword out of its sheath, littering the grass with ruined leather. His stare fixed upon the target in fiery earnest, he brought down his sword in a diagonal arc, sparks issuing from the blade as the bullets were deflected to the ground. Beside himself with energy, he hurled his sword at the next person in the endless line of targets.

how boring

The warrior jumped back, evading the attack. He gripped the blade's sheath firmly, quickly drawing the blade a couple inches, before slowly sliding it back. Bats were summoned and attacked the next target*

"Is that all?"

Pablo muttered, silently; a trace of confusion strongly present in his voice. His face twisted into one of utter anger — complimented with a pair of extremely burrowed brows, and an array of pulsing veins on his forehead. Pablo, letting out all his repressed confusion, flew into hysterics; plowing his way through the furious onslaught of the bats. Shot after shot, he steadily dispatched the hellish horde.

After accomplishing this tedious task, he looked back at his target. Growling in (confused) fury, Pablo rushed towards his opponent, his plasma rifle raised high up in the air, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

"Be embraced by the void"

-Jushiro noting the acceleration of his opponent his eyes closed for most of the battle,as they open his glacial gaze locks on toward his opponent. Meanwhile in the same motion as he gazed upon the opponent he pulls rapidly on his slumbering katana's saya dispelling it from it's slumber. The blade is awakened in rapid whip like motion striking his opponents Men( Head) to Do( Chest) in the less than a nano second. This being a basic Iaijutsu school quick draw he proceeds to places the blade back into it's slumbering saya,as he does this his foe body is bifurcated blood drips in a massive puddle beneath their feet. Their body collapses falling into own puddle of blood. He proceeds to walk away closing his glacial blue eyes once more. 

" Who's next to feel death's warm embrace?"

"There isn't an attack to counter, 'cuz the dude above just straight bodied everyone, and left no chance to even counter his move." Simj22 comments sensibly, looking directly at the screen towards the reader, and shrugs. "So I guess this thread's done. Good night, everyone."

"There isn't an attack to counter, 'cuz the dude above just straight bodied everyone, and left no chance to even counter his move." Simj22 comments sensibly, looking directly at the screen towards the reader, and shrugs. "So I guess this thread's done. Good night, everyone."

It was a simple Iaijutsu quickdraw  kata,as the theory of speed & mastery of judgement cuts took effect. Only those who really grasp the core principals of this school can understand it. If you would like further insight I'm here to answer questions.

^^ honey, that's not the point of the thread

Jinkx decided the easiest way to restart the thread would be to wait for the next person to comment on this thread and attempt to tackle them to the ground. 

Ahh I see well sorry about applying aesthetics of swordsmanship schools not anime logic. Actual kata's and theory's. But I do apologize for that post.

Okay, you're new, so I'll try to explain this to you. This is a forum game; no kind of logic whatsoever applies here because it's just intended for people to have fun. Secondly, the point was just to counter attack the person above you, not butcher everybody in the thread. You have to leave your post open so other people can play the game too. 

Jinkx, annoyed at being interrupted, now draws a sword and swings the blade in the direction of the next poster. 

Alright I can play along I'll tone down the theory's & kata's of swordsmanship to make peace. New here yes but to battles no I know people who can counter said Iai arts.

-Jushiro noting the distance would of his lunging enemy,would've assume the Chudan no Kamae posture responds in kind towards his enemy. Parrying the blade with his own pushing it back gently causing the enemy to loosen their grip.-

Better?

"Tch... REAL MEN DO NOT USE A THIN METAL!"

He immediately throws away his sword after his initial attack got parried by some hotshot. With his berserk reaching its climax, his fists tightly clenched, veins appeared on his bare muscular arms before proceeding to roar like a monster.

"UWOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

With a lunge, he quickly closed the gap between his enemy. His right arm was outstretched and his right hand curled into a ball of fist which is now heading towards his opponent's face at an alarming speed.

"DOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

" Hot shot eh well I perfer term Bushi."

-Jushiro would still being the Chudan no Kamae posture a offensive /defensive posture meaning his center of gravity is balance at all times. Simply side stepping slightly to the his left flank. The velocity is rather rapid in the same moment he slashes in a vertical stroke cutting the Beserker's Kote(wrist). A shallow wound would've open blood is drawn.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back