Counter the Attack Above You

Apex gritted his teeth as the honeyed lyrics of the sirens burrowed through his ears and into his skull in an attempt to glean his loyalty. Briefly lost in a struggle for his mind, the golden circlet around his magenta cowl hummed with uncanny resistance, assimilating its own psychic energies into a shield surrounding its owner's mind, canceling out what would have otherwise been the eternal enslavement of an otherwise mortal mind.

Simply indignant, he hurled his bow aside, springing forward off his back foot and pivoting his right fist forward into a bone crushing superman punch driven at the jaw of his next opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assailant grabs the person walking away. "You fiend! You're so clever. I will not fall for your deceit!" He then slams their face into the ground.

Blade cockily walked onto the battlefield, gripping the hilt of his etheral rapier loosely as he spun the weapon around, all the while whistling a peppy tune to himself. He wore a blue button down with a pair of pressed khakis and a pair of dress shoes, what would be common in a preppy private school although foreign on a warground. "Mind if I join this groovy party?" Without waiting for an answer, one that obviously would never come, Blade rushes forwards as he gathers his energy, both physical and spiritual mana, into a powerful attack. "Ready, Soul?" He says, as a light blue wisp vaugely representing a human being blinks into existence, twining itself around the boy. Upon reaching the first enemy he saw, Blade thrust his weapon forwards in an attempt to strike his opponents chest, creating a massive shockwave that would propel then make if his blow managed to make contact.

Turning around at the most precise moment, I jump back, perhaps the sloppiness dodge in the history of precise arts. I do not escape completely unscathed, however, such a sloppy maneuver cannot go unpunished! Have thought I dodged the lunge by mere inches, I was blown back by a rippling shockwave, the off-kilter epicenter sending me spinning off.

After a few moments of readjustment, I pull out a small grenade and toss it at the next opponent over.

The grenade lands next to me, and I kick it away where it explodes somewhere else.

After that, I call in an airstrike against the next opponent.

"Ass.." I mutter and disappear from the thread

(I think you're missing the point of this, lol. You're supposed to actually counter the attack above you, not mutter and vanish on the person who posted hours before you).

(Also guys, I know most of you have got this, but just to clarify, your attack shouldn't instantly body or grapple the next poster. This isn't autohit the next person after you. This game is a sequence of counterattacks and attempted attacks).

@Doctor Nope your planes are useless against my robotic brain and hacking powers. I stretched up my hand and took control of their flight systems, sending them to attack the next hostile.

(I think you're missing the point of this, lol. You're supposed to actually counter the attack above you, not mutter and vanish on the person who posted hours before you).

(Also guys, I know most of you have got this, but just to clarify, your attack shouldn't instantly body or grapple the next poster. This isn't autohit the next person after you. This game is a sequence of counterattacks and attempted attacks).

I no missing the point I really only wanted to be stupid, I leave now ^^

Blade goes to counter his enemies attack with the guard of his rapier, successfully repelling it back towards his attacker with a thrust in their direction, but his fingers still felt some of the blows force. Reeling back a few paces, Blade rushes the poster below, feinting yet another attack towards their chest before lunging at their right shoulder with the intent to pierce it.

Apex bats it aside with his gauntleted wrist, nostrils flared as he drove a heavy backhanded at his opponent's jaw.

The backhand narrowly soared past Apex's masked jaw as he leaned inches beyond its reach. Fear rippled through his body like a stone cast into a lake; his insides were heavy with dread, and he knew that he'd only narrowly evaded defeat at the hands of a more skillfull opponent (another variation of himself, mind you!)

Knowing that he had little time to launch an attack of his own, he readied his hydraulic power fists and adopted a rudimentary martial poise, almost quivering with anxiety. The mechanical mechanisms sprung forward from the dark grey gauntlets to enhance the force of his strike, which had leveled to an approximate of 8 tons. Quite beyond that which was necessary to kill the average human being, instead leveled to cripple a low tier metahuman.

Taking a deep breath and briefly closing his eyes, he drove his right, powered fist forward at his next opponent's chest.

The power fist wasn't nothing that Wazzdakka wasn't used to, hell, he takes these every day like a champ.  But it wasn't without knocking the wind outta him first.

"Yoo hit loike a 'umie! Lemme show ya how it'z done!"

With that, he armed his power klaw, the servos whirring and clicking into place as the massive claw, as large, if not larger than his head, bristled with destructive forces, just waiting on the tip of its lethal blades. He wound back a large punch, and threw the entire force of his wailing, slobbering figure into his opponent's face. The klaw extended, ready to clamp down and tear apart its foe.

Blade drops into a defensive position as his next opponent rushes him, his will wavering slightly after having watched the man tank an attack that would have most likely killed him, if not sent him flying. Gripping the hilt of his weapon tightly and reassuring himself he had the upper hand, the boy weaved to the side just in time to avoid being clobbered. Channeling mana into the tip of his weapon, the boy thrust the rapier towards the poster below, firing a simple magic bolt in their direction.

Recovering after his massive throw, his clumsy yet powerful attack was evaded. And now the bugger was shooting at him!

"Buggah off" He turned to his side, where a squat snotling stood. Snotlings were small, idiotic creatures. Smaller than a goblin, and dumber than a rock. They had the mind of a well trained dog, or a 6 year old, if they're a prodigy. He snatched him up, and whirling his arm around and around, the snotling shooting bile as he did, he let loose a snotling-projectile of equal velocity to the bolt just being cast. Together, they exploded in a brilliant blue light, and green snotling bits. But nobody cares about snotlings.

With that, He hefted a few more of the blighters, as they were too stupid to run away, and began chucking them at incredible speeds to his next foe.

"Well." Rex squinted and brought a hand to shield his eyes, a stabbing azure light spilling across the battlefield while dust and viscera splattered across his feet. "That was awfully melodra-FUCK!"

A second thing erupted from the dust and crashed against his shoulder. His arm jerked back and a sickening crunch rose from his shoulder, the shoulderblade jutting back at a twisted angle as he collapsed to his knees. With a growl, he grabbed his shoulder and wrenched it back into position, cracking it into place and rolling both shoulders back.

"Keep throwing, asshole!" He threw an arm to the side, flesh splitting open down his forearm as his fingers warped and coiled together, his arm mutilating into a twisted spike of bone and flesh. "Let's see how that works out for you!"

He charged through the settling dust, weaving left around a second snotling-projectile and ducking under a third as it sailed overhead. He zig-zagged around the creatures, counting them down - four left as one sailed high, three as one bounced past his legs, two left as he dodged around another, one as he deflected it aside with his blade - one more. He rushed straight ahead, making a direct beeline for [profile] as the last projectile was launched directly toward him.

He lunged, driving the spike arm forward and skewering the final snotling projectile to the elbow. He hit the ground, tumbling and rolling as he viciously sunk his teeth into the impaled creature and tore free a chunk of sickly tissue, flicking the creature aside as he rolled to his feet. The flesh sunk down into his throat but held there as a grotesque bulge in his neck, writhing and churning visibly as snotling flesh dissolved and broke down. With a mighty heave, Rex threw his head forward and spat the lump of corrosive bile back at [profile].

Well, this could only get worse then. For whatever lackeys stood around Wazzdakka that is.

As the dust settled, and he flung his snotlings, who screamed as they made their fatal beeline towards Rex, Wazzdakka was having plenty of fun. It reminded him of an archaic game the humans played at some point, on an ancient STC he looted for himself. "Angry Grots"! How could he ever forget angry grots, the screams of terror the snotlings unleashed as they flew, and the brief splat as they landed.

He was surprised his aim was as accurate today as it was, he and his boyz could barely hit the broadside of a barn! To say that the shots were at least needed to be dodged reinforced his position of "Warboss" to his onlooking crowd. A few oohs and aahs came and went as he sent the last snotling to a gruesome death. Whatever, there were thousands of them anyways. 

Then, there he was. Out from the charging smoke, he finally saw his target. A largish mammal, probably from Terra, charged at him with a blade and fangs. And nothing more it seemed at first, until its arm began to shift, painfully it seemed, but Wazzdakka had never really known the sensation all too well, so he couldn't compare. With a grin, he threw his arm way back, and then way forward, the snotler launching at cannonball speeds, into a waiting spike. Wazzdakka visibly cringed from this, and he watched as it was ripped, and tossed aside, and a gob of goo was spat at him!

With this, he blocked with his power klaw, which had then melted from the acidic residue. 

DAT'S MAH FAHVORET KLAW! YOO'LL PAY FER DIS!

He shrugged off the power klaw, revealing a similarly fingerlessly-gloved hand. He pulled back on it as he took off his Warboss great coat, a simple red stained tee remained. Securing his gloves to his hands, he extended both of his hands out, and placed in them by his closest Meks, were two Big Choppas. Betzy and GRUNHILDA. His face twitched, and he snarled, his large teeth readjusted in their spots. And he broke into a run.

WAAAAAAAAGGH!!!

His warcry in the air, he lunged at his next opponent, dual choppas high in the air.

"Step aside!" The man in the coat did an overhead kick, sending the orc to the ground. The man grinded his shoe into the orcs head "I Really hate boring you..." He performed a rising kick, sending the orc two feet into the air, before roundhouse kicking him into his next enemy "Try a salad, donut hole!"

The Gold Saint simply sighs as he uses a display of power that many will never live to tell the tall of.

Tip better have reached the 7th -8th sense to live through this.

galaxian-explosion-saga-o.gif

Tip better have reached the 7th -8th sense to live through this.

Simple...

nanomachines-son_o_3568091.jpg

And skip me

Rex transcended psycho-physical causality in the interests of keeping the thread moving, avoiding the attack. He threw a simple right right hook for his opponent's jaw - the most right-hook-like right hook the world had ever known, snarling and baring his teeth as he swung.

Sadly the hook fails as the saint simply would've felt the lightwieght punch and laughed. "That's it" Using his cosmos blows the failed one back and proceeds with Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken.

tumblr_m3mn9692n31r00ed5o1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back