• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Aphnex

~A Wild Pikachu~
Looking for members for a long term Persona themed group roleplay done through the Discord app. Persona fans and non Persona fans alike are welcomed, send me a message or post here if interested!
Untitled_drawing.png
Background:
_Year:_202X
_Location:_Tokyo, Japan

Persona,
/ˌpərˈsōnə/
The aspect of someone's character that is presented to or perceived by others.

In the past, the representation of one's persona can be distinguished through many means; tarot cards, deities, or even as simple as a mask, these methods protects and safeguards one from the harsh nature of reality. Today, this concept can be seen hand in hand with a new technology, the consumer smartphone. At the tap of a finger, you are able to connect with anyone across the globe, access information about anything that one desires, and construct a second identity through the digital world.

Underneath the false blanket of reality, a Persona is a physical representation of one's inner psyche. Not only is it simply a mask that allows one to traverse life, this is a supernatural phenomenon that allows the soul to construct a vessel to fulfill a desire. Whether it be a desire to fight, a desire to protect, or a desire to grow, everyone is driven by something. Though, The origin of Persona are relatively unknown, they take on the shape and namesake of mythology. For this tale, it seems that our brave adventurers will carry the burden of great kings that came before them.

But what kind of tool would be able to evoke such power? Of course, this would be possible by humanity's greatest invention. The smartphone. To harness the power of Persona, one must accept the truest form of themselves in order to use the power. To gain this power, you must abandon your comfort zone and embrace the dangers of the world. In this tale, the Personas that this story will present would be various kings through mythology, history and folklore, such as King Arthur, Alexander the Great, and many more. Though, this extends not only to kings, but to rulers of all kinds, pirates, emperors, intellectual figures in history, etc.

This story would start in April, the very Sunday night before the first day of school. Naturally, students would be restless for a number of reasons. Whether it be excitement to see their friends again or the start of a new chapter in one's life, this wouldn't be that important in the slightest. Yet, for a few select individuals who stayed awake for some reason, would experience something quite bizarre. As soon as the clock strikes midnight, the select students would experience something akin to a citywide blackout. Technology of any kind would cease to function, whether it is wired or wireless. As if the world stopped functioning, the only two sources of light would be the moonlight and the students smartphone. All other humans would appear to resemble store display mannequins positioned wherever they last appeared.

This of course, was a hidden hour within the day. Normal humans would not have the capacity to enter this hidden hour, they appear to be frozen in time and will resume function once the hidden hour passes. For each of these special individuals, they would be encountering this hour for the first time in their lives. They would be alone in this empty world of black. Will they be able to brave the darkness and find the light?

After exactly one hour would pass, the light flickered back on, the city returned to normal, and every civilian would no longer be plastic mannequins. As if nothing had happened, the night would continue on. Hours would pass by, and the sun eventually rose. This would be the first day of the school year. Another year for these students; another new story to tell.

During the morning, each of the students would notice something strange on their phones, a unknown app would have been installed during the night, titled “The Velvet App”

No time to worry about the app, because oversleeping made you, and the rest of the one's who experience this dream late for your first day.

p-trans_2-1.png

The Velvet App contains three key features, the first feature is a online messenger, where you have been thrusted into a chatroom with complete strangers. These strangers would seem to have experienced the same dark hour during midnight, and are all students to Namae O Sonyu High.

The second feature of the app would contain a news section, yet, it appears to contain more rumors than anything. The information shared on this section are closely linked to potential shadows in the area, or foreshadow events around the town.

The final option, which is currently locked away, would simply be a big white button titled "Summon Persona".

Rules_3.png

Behaviour: Don't be an asshole. Discrimination and harassment, sexual or otherwise, will be dealt with seriously. Report any problems to us if they arise, and we'll deal with it as swiftly as possible. Light teasing is okay, as long as you're respectful about it, including stopping if someone requests you to. We're relaxed and we love to have fun, but that doesn't mean you can cross personal boundaries or disrespect others.

Keep shitposting in the appropriate channels: Having an organised place to roleplay may seem tedious, but its pretty essential to understand the flow of the ep.

Keep your posts non-derogatory and SFW: Do not post NSFW content anywhere on the server. There are other places for that.

Be Respectful and Engaged: If you're going out of your way to apply with us, you should things should be fun and respectful no?

Personas and Persona User Regulations: While we have a Character Bio sheet and you need no prior knowledge of the games, there are still 2 parts of making your character you need to have in mind.

Arcana: This is the tarot card that represents your character (and persona, but mainly your character). Please do your research and give your character a Tarot Card. It does not matter if they overlap with someone else's.

Persona: Your persona (for all you Jojo fans, its basically a stand) should be based off of Ruler, Kings, or Teachers from Mythology, Folklore, or even actual History. Some examples are Zeus, Ra, Odin, King Arthur, Alexander the Great, Chiron, Thoth, etc.

Last edited:
Hello there!
I was given a link to your thread and found this to be very intriguing. I was wondering if I may also get a link to the Discord? I've had a character with a Persona made for a while, but have never had a chance to use her. I hope that if I'm given the opportunity that I will be able to use her here.

You most certainly can! I'll send info right away.

Also, i should point out that we only have a few slots left open!! For now, at least. If the current group feels we want to expand in the future, we most certainly will. But our comfort zone for this rp is around 9 - 12 people at most. We have 8 slots filled so far. Please, nows the time to join if you were interested!!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I am sending you two the info right now! The warning was for others who may be wanting to join.

EDIT: In case this isn't clear, we have 2 spots left for the roleplay!! First come first serve!

Thank you everyone so much for your interests! I'm speaking with the other 2 admins to see if you two can join, since we already have 10 people, so these 3 requests I currently have will be our last slots filled..for now :). If we wind up doing more or expanding in some way, this post will still be up. As for Human__Ramen Human__Ramen and MainEventMan MainEventMan Just go ahead and PM myself your character creations (and if you need a Bio Template, I have one as well) and I will persuade the other admins to let you guys join.

We're open again! The Admins and I decided why the hell not? We got at least 5 - 10 more slots open ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back