• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Come Winter's Light (Exalted/Modern) [Forum] [Dice]

Is this game intended to be played via forum or via chat? I might throw my two cents and have a concept submitted if it's via forum.

I've got a concept going in my head, though I need to read up a little more if there's actually lorestuffs for modern exalted. I can post the concept idea though (just not a sheet, work and all that, they frown upon us putting pdfs on the pcs :P )

Lord Leafer: the color of the thread's prefix flag indicates that it's a hybrid-type. Look at this thread for more information. Thus: It's going to be a mix of pbp and chat, though what chat hasn't yet been decided.

PirateLexi: I would rather you stick to location info and charms. I will accept Ink Monkey Bones with Lunar and Infernal Modern charms, so long as you meet the requirements.

Oh if its gonna be chat at all then I'll have to withdraw. Unless its at like 10pm EST on a weekday (other than monday or friday) I literally have no way of playing a chat game.

(though to clarify I was asking if there are specific rules/setting information for modern exalted :P because I do not know if there are.)

FeMChara said:
Lord Leafer: the color of the thread's prefix flag indicates that it's a hybrid-type. Look at this thread for more information. Thus: It's going to be a mix of pbp and chat, though what chat hasn't yet been decided.
Huh. This thread's prefix is "Dice Roleplay", which is not listed in that linked thread. The background color of "Dice Roleplay" is blueish, which matches to Thread Roleplay in that thread. I wonder if I am seeing a completely different prefix than you believe this thread should have...?

Potentially interested depending on when the game would be held. If you're looking for a chat to play this in, IRC channel #ag_lounge on server irc.esper.net is set up with dicebots and logging for Exalted (among other) campaigns. A couple other campaigns have weekly sessions there, but their timeslots are marked in the channel topic.

Hrm... damn, didn't see the hybrid tag. :\ If it will require chat participation, I think I'll have to bow out. I'm in two chat games already and have a full-ish schedule.

Yeah chat just isn't feasible unless its super late and not for more than like four or five hours. I work 11a-8p EST every day but tuesday and saturday, and my saturdays are completely full and my tuesdays are really the only day I have to get real life stuffs done.

Same here, as tempting as it sounds there's no way I can join a chat game with my schedule and time zone difference, wish you all fun for those that do!

Well, if everyone else is going to drop out, maybe I'll reread that part of Shards.

Oh god, it's 1984, with the major players recast as America, Russia, and China. With Exalted's manga influences. Okay, I'm in. Give me twelvetwo hours to make a character, and two days to be satisfied with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@FeMChara Can you say what times we'll need to be available for the chat part of the game? Some of us live in strange time zones and have stranger schedules.

Waiting on my other ST. Does anyone have issue with IRC? Mibbit, irccloud and other clients are easier than ever to set up.

Hmmm, now I'm tempted to reprise my still unplayed Danielle Stepford, with back story alterations...

Or I could do something super awesome. Play a character where I don't have Exaltation preferences and just play what I get. Is that possible? Because I can get behind this.

FeMChara said:
Waiting on my other ST. Does anyone have issue with IRC? Mibbit, irccloud and other clients are easier than ever to set up.
IRC is fine, though hardly perfect. The big issue is when and how much we'll have to be online to be a meaningful part of the game. Can you say which time zone you/the other ST is living in?

Mei said:
Hmmm, now I'm tempted to reprise my still unplayed Danielle Stepford, with back story alterations...
Or I could do something super awesome. Play a character where I don't have Exaltation preferences and just play what I get. Is that possible? Because I can get behind this.
Absolutely possible.

Esbilon said:
IRC is fine, though hardly perfect. The big issue is when and how much we'll have to be online to be a meaningful part of the game. Can you say which time zone you/the other ST is living in?
I am in GMT -5, Omicron is in GMT +1 so we are spread out over a great deal of time available. The weekly meetups are meant to be dramatic events and things that move the plot onward. In between is all the heady stuff, such as dealing with family, work, school and conspiracies. And occasionally sleep.

Think of Sailor Nothing.

I think I will have to bow out as well for chat reasons. The way things are I can't commit to long blocks, but instead bursts interspersed with longish absences.

Aaaaaand, now this "Sailor Nothing" thing will eat my next 40 hours or so, I'm sure. I can't tell you how much trouble it was not falling down the TVTropes hole trying to figure out what you were talking about.

So, working on backstory/concept. Would you like that before I even start on my sheet?

Okay, folks. For the sake of the other co-ST, and because we're all supposed to at least be familiar with each other, I submit my concept here for everyone's consideration, commentary, mulching, use as idea fodder, and feigned interest. Also, @FeMChara told me to.

A proud (and privileged) citizen of Varangia, Singhit Ram made superb use of the focused education reserved for the scholarly caste. His primary schooling was over almost before it had begun, and secondary education gave way to more advanced studies before puberty had even finished speckling his face. With a natural aptitude for figures and formulae, and a tendency to abstract away the chaos of the world around him, he found a natural niche in nuclear physics.

His parents' enthusiasm—not to mention the attention he was getting from the secret $DEMIURGE rulers of the world—evaporated one hot summer day in his late teens, though. Singhit's university campus was unusually busy that day. Anti-proliferation activists were staging a protest, and the graphic images of radiation poisoning and deformed orphans from neighboring Delzhan left a deep impression on the the normally aloof young man. He would go on to finish his degree, but withdrew his applications to more advanced research positions. Varangia was on a clear course to developing The Bomb, and the thought of contributing to such devastation left him indignant and shame-filled.

Instead, he threw himself into the study of alternative energy technologies, ultimately settling on geomantic reactors as the One True Solution to the growing power needs of the nation's enormous population. Happy to have his testimonial for marketing purposes, the Geomantic Academy of Hlasa extended a luxurious stipend to encourage his studies, an expense marginally justified, at best, in light of the official disinterest in his research results.

Undeterred, Singhit continues to refine and explore the impact of his techniques, often travelling hundreds of miles to investigate reports of epinormal phenomena that could offer new insight into the principles guiding Ley Line Entanglement, or new avenues for harnessing the resulting motonic turbulence. While his own Essence is not enlightened, the GAH is aggressively recruiting lab partners for him who can offer that rare insight into what's going on under the hood, so to speak. To date, their efforts have required only minor Sidereal involvement to squelch, and Researcher Ram—Doctor is a title reserved for another caste entirely, and the GAH is not an accredited university in the first place—is widely perceived as an eccentric kook by those who bother to keep tabs on ghost-chasers for their own entertainment.

Download the PDF from https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyxwiu2nr7vxxk9/SinghitRam.pdf

When I remember to, later, I'll probably embed that. Or upload it. But not from my phone. Oh, and if you're following along with the math, the missing 6BP have gone to buying three ranks of the Art of Geomancy. And the Ride dot should be Drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually did a drawing for the character I made, but it will have to wait until I get back later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back