• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Icy Wastes [Exalted 3e]

Cottonmouth

In the Icy Wastes of the North plagued by meager harvests, long winters, and few bastions of civilizations to protect from the raids of Fair Folk and hungry ghosts alike. The Bull of the North hasn't recovered from the battle against the Realm 3 years ago, all of the north is in the time of tumult and could use some brave souls to fight and protect the people of the North, there are tales of Witch-Queen fortress further north. This is where your circle comes in, you have become exalted not too long ago and came to the North maybe hoping to achieve a personal aspiration or you are a local who just want to help the people.

Either way, fate has brought you to the City of Grieve, a northern port and gateway to further northern locales. You have like many other people out there, heard the tales of the infamous White Elixir supposedly a way to grant immortality, there are people coming from all over creation hoping to buy immortality. You are of the chosen, an exalted, you probably don't need the secrets of Immortality but it might be worth investigating what all the hush is about? could there be more to the stories of the White Elixir?

The Icy Wastes is an Exalted 3e game taking place in the North direction. Where your circle will be able to influence or change what's going on in the North with their actions.

Playable Exalted: non-loyalist Abyssal, Lunar, Sidereal, Solar, Janest the Strawmaiden (Exigent) and Umbral.
Potential number of players: Up to 5
Language you should consider: Skytongue is the main language of the North and will probably be your group main tongue to communicate.
Crucible of Legend Rules: Unified XP, it replaces the bonus points at character creation and count toward advancement as well.

Definitely interested! Some of the new Many-Faced Strangers Lunar stuff looks great fun. Sidereals are always a personal favourite. Plenty of delightful Solar concepts.

Are you expecting the campaign to stay centred on the city, or move around? If we're staying focused on Grieve, I'll try to come up with a concept with deep ties to the area.

Definitely interested! Some of the new Many-Faced Strangers Lunar stuff looks great fun. Sidereals are always a personal favourite. Plenty of delightful Solar concepts.

Are you expecting the campaign to stay centred on the city, or move around? If we're staying focused on Grieve, I'll try to come up with a concept with deep ties to the area.

Hey there glad to see the interest, I assume that the group will be moving/operating all over the North but it will be only in this direction. Grieve is just the beginning, I just didn't want to start in a bigger location at first like Whitewall or similar. Moving around pretty much but since it is centered in the entire north, having connections, allies or other local stuff like a manse for example could be useful for your exalted to go back to.

There are many options for concepts to say the least and yes MFS is a lot of fun.

Okay, so a travelling concept. Haslanti sky ship maybe, or sorcerer with flying castle, or a fair folk caravan. Anything you want us to rule out? A general with an army is a very different story from a ragtag band of itinerant heroes, for example. Should we lean more Warrior-Poet than God-Queen, or is it okay to have a political power base so long as you're willing to travel away from it?

Okay, so a travelling concept. Haslanti sky ship maybe, or sorcerer with flying castle, or a fair folk caravan. Anything you want us to rule out? A general with an army is a very different story from a ragtag band of itinerant heroes, for example. Should we lean more Warrior-Poet than God-Queen, or is it okay to have a political power base so long as you're willing to travel away from it?

I'm fine with most concepts, it will be semi sandbox (somewhat inevitable) with Exalted since it moves fast and you have the powers to change things. You can start with political power, no problem like having backing and other kind of merits, it's actually pretty fun.

There are just a few things to keep in mind of course, if you have a big army some places might not allow you to come in with your army like many of these bastions enjoy their rule and wouldn't welcome an army within their walls (unless your circle decides to take over I suppose). Some places might be more open depending on your character goals, like example but don't have to do that, would be someone who is making their army and want to cooperate with the falling Bull of the North Empire. So just saying to think a little bit of logistics and how the world would react.

I like the idea of a sky ship or flying castle, but that's just me.

Would a Sidereal be ok for this? I do love me some Exalted.
Sidereals are indeed welcome.
If you work for the bureau, you are probably part of the Convention on the North or your character could be on sabbatical whichever angle you want to go with.

Sidereals are indeed welcome.
If you work for the bureau, you are probably part of the Convention on the North or your character could be on sabbatical whichever angle you want to go with.
Ok! Count me as interested.

Can we pool Backgrounds to be able to get an Airship?

Can we pool Backgrounds to be able to get an Airship?

Sure, it's possible granted artifacts vehicle for Airship tends to be FAA (your group would need a particular setup to keep up with the maintenance for it, at minimum 4 dots).

If you mean an airboat like the Haslanti League, they usually don't sell them so the option is either backing from Haslanti League or steal one would probably involve antagonizing them but it's a possibility.

Am on vacation now, so can't access my books to see what concept I want to play, but likely a Solar.
Just not sure what Supernal I want, so will have to see on Tuesday when am back home.

Im thinking of going with a Secrets caste sidereal.

I am also interested in this...leaning towards Janest the Strawmaiden...just for something different. (And in looking through an old test copy of Exigents , she looks like a lot of fun).

Cottonmouth Cottonmouth I have five Merit points set aside for a First Age airship. I would like to have something small enough that we won't need a large crew. If I do this, I would need to have other people put points and Charms aside for a base/repair dock and maintenance crew. How many points would you charge me for this? Is there a write-up you'd like to see used?

This, of course, hinges on if everyone would like to have an airship. I can reallocate those points for something else very easily.

I am also interested in this...leaning towards Janest the Strawmaiden...just for something different. (And in looking through an old test copy of Exigents , she looks like a lot of fun).

Exigents has fully released recently but can assist with the final version if you need help.

Cottonmouth Cottonmouth I have five Merit points set aside for a First Age airship. I would like to have something small enough that we won't need a large crew. If I do this, I would need to have other people put points and Charms aside for a base/repair dock and maintenance crew. How many points would you charge me for this? Is there a write-up you'd like to see used?

Vehicle artifacts all seems to be 4-dots and above. The biggest difference with the 4-dot or 5-dot would be pretty much the power of the evocations but this might not be too relevant for you, so 4-dots.

For the write-up can just use this basic set up:

Name of Airship (Decide which Magical Material this airship is made of and kinda the theme of it).

Attunement: 10m

Speed: Sorcerous Engine +10

Maneuverability: +2; Hull: -0/-1x3/-2x3/-4/ Incap.

Maximum Height: 4

Random Word Random Word Eonivar Eonivar Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Ok gang. I can put the four dots out for an airship, but I will need help to maintain it. Before I go all in for an airship, are we set on doing this, or is there another idea that appeals to the group?

Cottonmouth Cottonmouth I am thinking of getting a Dragon-Blooded Ally to act as engineer and general fix-it guy. Would that be a 1 dot Merit, and if so, do you want me to write it up or would you wish to instead?

This, of course, hinges on if everyone would like to have an airship. I can reallocate those points for something else very easily.
Airships are great for a traveling story. A Twilight sort of steps on a Secret's toes, but is great at maintaining airships. A Dawn Martial Artist could be a Secret's red right hand and student. A non-pact Lunar isn't quite as good at it, but can do it in a pinch. Another Sidereal plays nicely, of course. Since we aren't staying in one place, being the ultimate stranger isn't a big loss.

Cottonmouth Cottonmouth I am thinking of getting a Dragon-Blooded Ally to act as engineer and general fix-it guy. Would that be a 1 dot Merit, and if so, do you want me to write it up or would you wish to instead?
Young DBs are 3 dot allies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back