• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Icy Wastes [Exalted 3e]

Cottonmouth Cottonmouth I am thinking of getting a Dragon-Blooded Ally to act as engineer and general fix-it guy. Would that be a 1 dot Merit, and if so, do you want me to write it up or would you wish to instead?

Well there are basically 2 options:

A) Retainer 4 dots, means you get a constant DB or any other terrestrial exalted type retainer who is loyal to you and basically follow you around all the time. Which basically if you want someone always with you is the main option.

B) Ally need at least 3 dots for terrestrial exalted but the Ally unlike the retainer has their own lives and concerns, shorthand to say they aren't following your character around and they would expect favor for favor. But they will help you when you need it.

You can write up the personality and brief background of the retainer, also kinda about their function as well and the likes but will do the stats for the QC.

Airships are great for a traveling story. A Twilight sort of steps on a Secret's toes, but is great at maintaining airships. A Dawn Martial Artist could be a Secret's red right hand and student. A non-pact Lunar isn't quite as good at it, but can do it in a pinch. Another Sidereal plays nicely, of course. Since we aren't staying in one place, being the ultimate stranger isn't a big loss.

Young DBs are 3 dot allies.
So, are you willing to help with the repairs and upkeep if we do the airship thing?
Well there are basically 2 options:

A) Retainer 4 dots, means you get a constant DB or any other terrestrial exalted type retainer who is loyal to you and basically follow you around all the time. Which basically if you want someone always with you is the main option.

B) Ally need at least 3 dots for terrestrial exalted but the Ally unlike the retainer has their own lives and concerns, shorthand to say they aren't following your character around and they would expect favor for favor. But they will help you when you need it.

You can write up the personality and brief background of the retainer, also kinda about their function as well and the likes but will do the stats for the QC.
I can juggle some points around to get a 4 dot Retainer. I'd have to drop a Charm, but if we go with the airship storyline, I can deal with that to keep the ship airborne.

So, are you willing to help with the repairs and upkeep if we do the airship thing?

I can juggle some points around to get a 4 dot Retainer. I'd have to drop a Charm, but if we go with the airship storyline, I can deal with that to keep the ship airborne.
Maintaining the airship mostly comes down to someone having a high Craft skill. If it's First Age fanciness, they probably have to be a Sorcerer, too. If you're already buying a DB sorcerer-mechanic, I think you have things well in hand. I'm perfectly happy to play a Solar or Lunar Sorcerer-Artificer to support the airship, they're both great fun, but if you have a retainer to do repairs and have paid the artifact dots to have an airship, I think you're all set. You don't need anything else.

Maintaining the airship mostly comes down to someone having a high Craft skill. If it's First Age fanciness, they probably have to be a Sorcerer, too. If you're already buying a DB sorcerer-mechanic, I think you have things well in hand. I'm perfectly happy to play a Solar or Lunar Sorcerer-Artificer to support the airship, they're both great fun, but if you have a retainer to do repairs and have paid the artifact dots to have an airship, I think you're all set. You don't need anything else.
Sounds like we have ourselves an airship. Welcome abord the Righteous Indignation.

With this being an airship crew, I am not sure if Janest would be one to ride on an airship so I may go with another option for my character (Open to suggestions).

I mean, I don't think you will be on the airship all the time.

While it is nice for transport and other objectives, you will still deal with things on the ground/land.

I understand that, but from what I have read of Janest, she usually travels via "field travel" from community to community. Also I am a bit short on funds this coming week so I am probably unable to purchase the book this week. I do have the Solar, Lunar, and Sidereal (and Essence) books though so I am considering something from one of those books.

I understand that, but from what I have read of Janest, she usually travels via "field travel" from community to community. Also I am a bit short on funds this coming week so I am probably unable to purchase the book this week. I do have the Solar, Lunar, and Sidereal (and Essence) books though so I am considering something from one of those books.
Alright I can understand that and also many options in those splats.

What is everyone's current ideas?
Am debating between a Bureaucracy Supernal Solar merchant, or a Lunar with peacock animal shape that's focused on Perception charms, for awareness and read intentions and such.

Alright, sounds like a good start, Sherwood mentioned they are doing Sid (Chosen of Secret), Red is asking above for his concept (Solar Merchant or Lunar with focus on perception), and I think the others are still deciding.

I've gotten the bulk of my character done; just need to get Intimacies and a Background going and I'm all set.

Are we an established group, or do we get to meet one another in game play? I don't want to do any party-based Intimacies until I know about that.

I've gotten the bulk of my character done; just need to get Intimacies and a Background going and I'm all set.

Are we an established group, or do we get to meet one another in game play? I don't want to do any party-based Intimacies until I know about that.

If the group wants to start as an airship crew, would be meeting before the game.

But here at least my assumption is all you came to Grieve while investigating the white elixir rumors. Other details would come into place depending on the characters.

Like if you are playing for example an Oracle working for the Bureau, The convention of the North would at least want to send an agent to check on the White Elixir situation, just one of may examples and at the same time end up connecting with the others.

If the group wants to start as an airship crew, would be meeting before the game.

But here at least my assumption is all you came to Grieve while investigating the white elixir rumors. Other details would come into place depending on the characters.

Like if you are playing for example an Oracle working for the Bureau, The convention of the North would at least want to send an agent to check on the White Elixir situation, just one of may examples and at the same time end up connecting with the others.
How much travel do you anticipate for us? If its not going to be a lot, I can certainly find a good use for the points I put towards the airship, crew and the few Sail Charms I have.

How much travel do you anticipate for us? If its not going to be a lot, I can certainly find a good use for the points I put towards the airship, crew and the few Sail Charms I have.

The distances can be long and there will be reasons to travel to go all over the North but I assume your circle will probably work on some issues/troubles somewhere before wandering somewhere else.

And considering the fun of the environment up there, having the airship will certainly help out to keep us from freezing our biscuits off. Ok, I'll keep it.

This sounds interesting, I have a character concept I could use. The oldest daughter of a family of blacksmiths who was taken in slave raid. Set to be sold to sold south either be work a smithee in Nexus. But a true daughter of the north she was made of sturdier stuff. She managed to craft a lock pick and free here self along with the others. Though she only had half starved slaves to fight with she charged her captors head on. The sun blessed her brow with the sigil of the twilight sun. She won and sailed back home.

We just got recently to 5 players, doing more than 5 tends to be a little difficult but sure can do 6, but cannot take more players after that.

I think I will go with a Lunar Sorcerer type then.
Would you like to do a Lunar+Solar double Sorcerer bond? We could have stolen the long lost White and Black Treatises from a library in Hell or an Underworld vault and now the old owners are after us. Sherwood's Secrets could have either helped with the heist, come after us to prevent us from revealing secrets not yet meant to be known, or sought us to steal some other important occult secrets after learning what we'd done. If you want a Lunar Necromancer (or both Necromancy and Sorcery), I can share the Abyssals book too.

We'd have to make up what those sorcerous artifacts did. Cottonmouth Cottonmouth would it be possible to have an Evocation that was like Speed the Wheels/Craftsman Needs No Tools one-timestep-smaller for Sorcerous Workings? That would be really powerful, but fun to be able to do more Workings. It would be fun to be able to do a Celestial tier working to create a god (which would usually take 12-15 months, so even dropping it to 4-5 months would be huge). If you haven't created a god/demon, are you even really a Sorcerer?

So maybe a Night Caste Sorcerer-Thief/Con artist. Drew their second breath trying to steal the secret to the creation of the White Elixir to help their struggling alchemical house compete. Fled the Satrapy of Grieve to avoid the Wyld hunt, maybe into the Underworld. Now they're hunting for occult secrets to enrich their family and perfect their understanding of Sorcery.

Would you like to do a Lunar+Solar double Sorcerer bond? We could have stolen the long lost White and Black Treatises from a library in Hell or an Underworld vault and now the old owners are after us. Sherwood's Secrets could have either helped with the heist, come after us to prevent us from revealing secrets not yet meant to be known, or sought us to steal some other important occult secrets after learning what we'd done. If you want a Lunar Necromancer (or both Necromancy and Sorcery), I can share the Abyssals book too.
This sounds like a lot of fun! And yes I was considering going the Necromancy route with this character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back