• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Come Winter's Light (Exalted/Modern) [Forum] [Dice]

FeMChara

Lazy Seer
Friendship. Alienation. Trust. Paranoia.

Who do you trust? Who
can you trust?

Come Winter's Light is a game about young people finding themselves dragged into the wider world of Exalted-an unexpected and perhaps a long or short ride from Exaltation to... whatever may come. You can see the roleplay forum here.

Inspired by several sources, CWL is a hybrid, modern-based Exalted game focused on young, inexperienced newly exalted young adults. A circle that starts out partly friends, perhaps as distant as classmates or distant relations. What comes of it is up to them-if they can survive what the world has in store for them.

CML will be GMed by myself and a good friend not joined here quite yet, known as Omicron.

Six spaces are available for PCs!

A player may opt in for a challenging surprise. There should be no enlightened essence, godblood, faeblood, ghostblood or demonblood. Solars, Lunars, Alchemicals and Sidereals will be accepted. Dragonbloods, Terrifying Argent Witches and Infernal Exalted will require strong justification. Abyssals are not being done in this game.

People may link PDFs, text character sheets and such for their mortals along with what they intend as the target Exalted splat/caste(s). Exalting will be done in-game.

Details you need to know:

• This is a hybrid game, focused on PBP with a weekly chat session. Time TBD.
  • It's 2.5e, with use of Ink Monkeys materials and Ink Monkey Bones such as Modern Lunar Charms.
  • The chat will be hosted on IRC for ease of use. Which IRC TBD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see. I /really/ like Infernals, but would be willing to do any of the allowed Exalts as well- I do quite like this idea, however- I'll be gettin to work on an PC after I finish my Current game?

*{I'm in a Session for something else over a Voicechat right now}*

I think I'll try for an Infernal or failing that a Solar.

Edit: Heroic or normal mortal?

Definitely interested! My first choice would be a Twilight Exalt out to understand just what this whole Essence thing is.

Color me interested as well. :D

A few ideas for characters... is it set on Earth, or Modern-Age Creation from Shards? If it's Earth, are there other supernatural things, or just Exalted showing up out of nowhere?

Oooooh I want in. Will probably make meself a lunar or a sidereal. And yes, how is the creation being done?

I'm really curious to try out Exalted Modern.

Could we get some more information about what kind of characters you're looking for? You mentioned young people. Are we looking at students?

Yeah, you have way more than six interested. But everyone would benefit with some more guidance. Young professionals? College life with 'complications'? Refugee camp in Botswana? What kinds of social milieu are they meant to be drawn from? What has the world noticed about the deific superhumans now running around? Who's building the Alchemicals and their charms? "Exalted, but without any of the hundreds of pages of established setting, instead in the now" is space enough for a thousand stories. Which one are you trying to tell?

It's quite an interesting prospect. Never tried anything in the Modern shard/setting of the Exalted. If time allows, I'll see what I can come up with. If not, best of luck for a great game. :)

Possible interest as a Lunar or Sidereal. Curious to hear the answer to Shining Lotus Sage's question.

For the sake of expediency, please choose regular mortals. However, as stated: the Infernal should have a good justification for being played. Be aware that your concept may be rejected as an Infernal! As for the world, things are as you'd expect supernaturally in Exalted.

On if it'll be flat-earth Creation or a normal real globe with an actual sun, it's gonna be regular flat-earth Creation.

It will be pretty much as presented in the shard book.

I've got a rather silly character concept from yeeeears ago for an Exalted Modern game that never got to manifest. I'm tempted to throw it in here...

I seeee..... So we're Chargening normal Mortals, then Exalted in game, and thus I don't have to do Exalted Stats and such at Chargen?

*sigh* This is what I get for napping, looks like there's a line already.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Yeah, you have way more than six interested. But everyone would benefit with some more guidance. Young professionals? College life with 'complications'? Refugee camp in Botswana? What kinds of social milieu are they meant to be drawn from? What has the world noticed about the deific superhumans now running around? Who's building the Alchemicals and their charms? "Exalted, but without any of the hundreds of pages of established setting, instead in the now" is space enough for a thousand stories. Which one are you trying to tell?

[/QUOTE]
I think I answered a few of your questions above, but the kind of characters I have in mind should be between 16-25 years old. Young, inexperienced. As for the rest, it's up to you but it shouldn't be too much out there. It should be playable, so be creative but don't go bonkers. Please post your sheets in the thread and I'll review them. As for the rest, it's a surprise.

Remember the following:

• You're starting out as a roughly ordinary mortal but you're not staying there.
  • The group will be at least associates of a kind to start with-not necessarily close or even friends but cognizant of one another.
  • You can opt into the challenge.
  • We are generally doing 2.5e.
  • Only six people are being accepted. Sorry.

Mei said:
*sigh* This is what I get for napping, looks like there's a line already.
Don't kick your own butt before you give it a shot! I'm working on quality. I'm giving anyone a week to put in their sheets.

Links would be good. Pastebin, GDrive/GDocs, whatever you've got. If you've got a Youtube account, you've got a Google account. I would prefer Pastebin to be last resort. Please for the love of all that's holy use an etherpad. An RPG I was part of lost what amounted to all of their charms due to an etherpad's crash. You may also PM me them if you want them to be all hush-hush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back