• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Combat Continent Rp

Sam left the room as Tian said it was the time and he did not get it at all. He shrugged and then headed towards the cafeteria to see if he could fetch something to eat. He grabbed some cereal and orange juice and then proceeded to eat quietly. He was thinking on what he did wrong and also how he could get better. He practiced his spirit formation as he ate, making his spirit aura condense and expand until a small knife appeared in his hand. "Yes!" he said.

As Retta moved, she realized that she felt more powerful than normal. She didn't know what this feeling was, but she couldn't help but feel cautious about this feeling. She normally felt weak and inadequate, so a feeling telling her that she can do anything was unnatural. She couldn't help but think she was being baited into attacking this beast. She backed away a little until she saw the beast pounce at Shizu. Her instinct was to move in to help defend him and she acted on that instinct by activating her first halo.

She then heard the whisper of Shinju's voice in her ear, and all her caution and self-doubt dissipated. She lunged forward, attacking the beast from its flank. She didn't need any afterimages, so she opted not to utilize those as the beast wasn't even paying attention to her. Retta rushed with all her speed, dropping her right shoulder in an aim to plunge it into the beast's side behind its front leg. Her left hand was readied with the dagger, prepared to stab it into the beast's side after her shoulder made contact.

@DreamBeat @Edward Valentine

The 6 year old girl eyed the spirit beast, watching its every move as carefully as she could. The teacher wasn't anywhere to be seen, and all the other spirit beasts cleared out because of the fearsome beast. She was honestly more scared of this beast than she was with her spirit beast because this time, she was afraid that Shizu couldn't protect himself.

Huh?

Yuyao felt a sudden rush of power. She didn't try looking for the teacher, but instead continued to keep her eye on the beast. Right now, all she could do was support. No direct attacks. ATTACK, a voice tickled her ear. At the command, Yuyao leaped into action without hesitation. She scrambled to pick up a small twig nearby and stuck some of her poisonous flower onto it. Not even a few seconds after Retta stabbed the beast, Yuyao stabbed her stick with poisonous flower onto it's torso, making it freeze. Its death would be inevitable, but she didn't want to die before it died.

The beast's speed slowed down considerably, giving Retta and Shizu the chance to finish it off. No words were exchanged. Just a look, and they knew what to do.

@Phineas Forge @Edward Valentine

With poisonous flowers in one side and a dagger lodged in the other, Shizu was ready to strike. The translucent spirit snapped and slammed deep into the beast. The thorns on the vines imbedding themselves all over itself. It was now obvious to the beast that today was its last day on earth and that the chameleon it ate just moments ago was its last meal. With it bound and dying from poison, it did all it could to do some sort of damage but it stopped by Shizu's thorns. The young boy approached the wolf slowly and slipped the dagger behind his back while holding out his hand in the other. The beast snarled at him but the young boy didnt want to kill the beast like this. It was to regal and beautiful to have this humiliating death. He just held his hand out as it snarled and growled at its captor. Finally, after a good few minutes, it understood its situation. It gave up anklet Shizu pet him, whisper into his ear.

"Im sorry my new fwend, but I got to kiww you now. I'm thankful you wived and died a beautiful creature and I wilw awlways remember you." Shizu finished before launching his dagger deep into the throat of unexacting yet accepting beast. He twisted it and pulled it out. He tossed the dagger to the side sat down next to the wolf, hugging its body as he absorbed its Halo.

When it was done, a tears were pouring down the boys face and he was whipping them away but they were being produced to fast. He reached over and hugged the first sissy he could see as he refused to leave the wolf but refused to look at it too. @Phineas Forge @DreamBeat

Last edited by a moderator:
It's over, she thought in relief and sighed. "Congratulations Shizu!" The girl said and smiled as she hugged Shizu. Yuyao was glad that Shizu got his sprit halo at last, but something she learned from this was that she wasn't strong enough. She wasn't completely offense yet. Even though she could fight, she felt like all she could do was support the others. Yuyao decided to fix that. Yuyao's mind was pondering over her weakness and what to do to fix it on the way back from the hunt. What she needed was a weapon that would aid her in her fights against sprit beasts. Yes, she would get a weapon very soon but she just needed to decide what weapon she would be most comfortable with.

@Phineas Forge @Edward Valentine

Tyson understood he couldn't get past him even if he tried to forced his way through. "This is as far as I will go." He stated as he stared off into the entrance. is there really nothing I can do to gain these three levels faster!

"I understand ma'am!" Tyson answered, he followed the normal procedures to collect his first spirit halo, within minutes he successfully collected his first spirit skill. "Well, what is your first spirit skill!" His mother asked. "It's an offensive physical boost!" He answered but, that answer didn't quite meet her understand. His left hand suddenly retracted to his face, once he removed it from there his caramel skin color was left with a light-coated hand print "it means even as a food master I'll be able to compete in terms of strength when they aren't using any skill.

He let out a slight giggle as he turned around and decide to head back to the school, Relaxation time was done.

Retta slumped to the ground as Shizu began to absorb the spirit halo. She was glad things were over; of course, if that Fang had taught her anything, it was that you were never really safe with spirit beasts around. She kept her eyes open as Shizu did his thing. She was beginning to get some feeling back in her right hand which was a relief. I was worried I'd need a doctor or find some sort of antidote.

When Shizu was ready, she gave him a congratulatory hug and went back with the group. Can I really keep doing this? she thought, doubting herself and her skills. Feels like every time I come out here, I almost die... and these are the weaker beasts. Maybe I should just give up now...

Shizu made his way back to the school with the two girls and a recent arrival of his aunt following close behind them with a proud smile on her face. Seems she knew and she was the one that ordered them to attack whilst giving them power. Seems she pretty much saved their lives Shizu figured. He left the two girls and went over to hug his aunt who lifted him into the air and then over her shoulders so he could sit there. In turn he just past out on her shoulders. The group made it back to the school an hour or so later with Shizu to be the youngest member of the school in history to become a Spirit master. I think everyone was proud of the little guy but right now he had to rest. Shinju took her nephew to his bedroom and tucked him so he could sleep peacefully.

All went well with these young spirit masters. Each one took different approaches to their spirits. They trained from early day and cultivated on the afternoon and night. Each one grew at different rates but the always kept close to each other. When one slew down, the others help them to grow. Sometimes in the Mock battles, they had visits from Tyson and soon he began to know each and every one of the group.

Tian continued training with his techniques on bo and began to create a garden of many common flowers found in the nearby forest. This made possible to cultivate different kinds of flowers. Although, no many rare flowers were cultivated in the new garden, Yuyao and Zero helped to cultivate different poisonous and antidote flowers. Soon, with the help of the whole group (mostly Shizu), the small garden grew to be part of the school installations. Tian feel achieved as he looked around the garden and saw some of the girls and a few boys get interested in learning about all kinds of vegetation.

Sam trained harder and mightier to become stronger than Tian. He succeeded. As he grew stronger, he began to learn how to fight and outmatch people with power. While Tian is calmed and collected in his style of battle in all times, Sam began to adapt many types of strategies in his mother’s fighting style. Sometimes he used his brain and other times his brawn, even some times both. His offensive defense began to grow stronger, but sometimes he missed when he used that style in the mock battles with his friends.

Yuyao, seeing the style of her friends and some of the mock battles of the Food Samurai, Tyson, she decided to use a weapon. It would be a great idea to complement her battle style. As she was well vexed with many kinds of poison, she began to experiment with various weapons which could suit her poison techniques. She tries many types of weapons, such as; dual blade daggers, normal daggers, throwing knives, even bow and arrow. She tried to master all, but only could get hold of one: the one that could help her most as a hunter. As her beauty shone more, the deadlier she became.

Zero faced the different dangers of training with his scythe. He never gave up, even more when their friends were so bright-sided. Sometimes, he was bullied by other of their classmates, but those were the moments when he could show why he was one of the elite. Anyone who thought less of his friends, and him, received a direct punishment from him. He maybe lacking on certain abilities, but he had the willpower to overcome the obstacles laid in front of him.

Marietta’s confidence grew as she begin to learn with her underclass mates in the training grounds. She began to harvest the abilities of her spirit essence better than before. Her hearing improved so much, than she could hear any friend calling from afar. She became inspired by Yuyao to use a side weapon. Her choice was to dual wield daggers and sometimes a cutlass. She became someone than could slash her opponents with swiftly attacks.

Shizu grew learning from each one of the group. He became eager to learn something of all his friends. Shizu felt like he was with his family; his new family that were his friends. When Tian was making his little garden, and making it bigger with Yuyao and Zero, he began to study the type of plants that any of them knew: the heavenly plants. With that knowledge, he organized the flowers of the garden to make possible the growth of not only the different type of flowers in harmony, but that heavenly plants could grow there. That wasn’t his only project, as he saw his friends mastering some weapons; he felt he should do it, too. So he learnt how to use a spear like his mother’s spirit. He practiced not only how to use the edge of the spear but how to move it like Tian and Zero do with their weapons. Shizu, being the youngest, was the one that gave more honors to the group.

Tyson began to watch more the training of Sam and Tian. And he began to know each of the members of the group. First was Zero, followed by Shizu and lastly Yuyao and Marietta. He was moved by them, even feeling a new sense of power that he never felt before some months after he asked to join them. They said to him that he was one of them: one of the elite. He immediately trained physically and mentally with them. He never felt as accepted by someone of the school, as he was with them.

Tian, Yuyao and Shizu began to grow publicly famous around the school as they almost finished the days in the primary school. Tian grew charming and his hobbies of growing flowers and his records of win-loses with Sam boosted his popularity with many girls. Yuyao became so beautiful that she was catching the attention of the boys. And Shizu, being cute and young, melted so many hearts.

As the oldest of the group graduated, the group was divided for a year. When the youngest was able to catch up to them, they face for the first time a real competition to be the best of the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tian sighs. “Hey Sam, may I ask why is it that if you are beating me in our mock battles, I still am getting so much more fan girl letters than you. You do get fan letters right?” Tian smiled to his friend at his left side. It was some months, since they went to the secondary school to continue their studies to become Title doulous.

Tian smiles after hearing the answer of Sam and looks at Shizu at his other side. “What do you think Shizu? I heard so many of our upper classmates drool over you.” He chuckles softly, as he looks at the half asleep face of Zero. “Morning, Zero. I said to you that over training would make you fall asleep in classes.” Tian smiles brightly after seeing Yuyao enter the classroom. “Yu, Good morning. You’re looking more beautiful than yesterday. How is your day going?” Tian sees Marietta leaving the classroom to go to her own classroom for the second year and he gave her a small courtesy. “Remember guys, we have our meeting today, we need to plan how to win the tournament to be all in the same classroom, with Etta and Tyson.”

Sam sighs and looks at Tian with an I-will-kill-you-later stare. "I do not know. Most of the letters I get are from Maman or Papa." The other letters I get are mostly threatening letters of not touching a single hair stray from you or from some fans I have telling me hat I should kick your butt more. Sam thought. As the classes began, he couldn't believe that seven years were over and that the group grew so much in so little time. He saluted Retta and Yuyao as they were in the classroom and gave a friendly nod to Tyson, Shizu and Zero. He was proud of how much they had grown together.

Tyson stood up from the seat he in "I need a new name for you guys to call me.." He paused placing his foot onto the chair "call me king!" He jested. Since he meet this group he was always known as the food Samurai, which would be the normal accusation that came with his love for swordsman and his food spirit.

"Etta, I'm going ahead of you." He yawned waving bye to everyone, then headed to his own classroom to go to sleep.

Shizu sat in the back of the glass just chillin. He had just got to level twenty-eight but a few hours ago and had told only one person(zero) but seems some of his fans were snalking him once again and now the word was around. Once again, he had gathered some more fans as someone so young and yet so accomplished. They called him cute when he went of annoyed. It was only a matter of time before they forgot about how cute he was and realized he was just another boring student. Or atleast thats what he told himself.

"Hey Yuyao? Did you get that poison book I asked for?" Shizu wondered. HE really wanted toe explore the different affects of poisons within Heavenly herbs. He wanted to know the affects of poison plants n humans so he might have an inkling of what might happen when he consumes a heavenly plant. He would also talk to his aunt about it but right now he had to create a hypothesis before actually putting it to a theory

"Morning Tian. My day's going well so far," she said. "What about you?" she asked back and smiled at him, not commenting on the beautiful part. No matter what other people said, she didn't necessarily believe that she was as pretty as everyone was making her out to be. Her eyes drifted over to Sam to whom she gave a smile and a slight bow of the head to tell him that she saw him.

"Hey Yuyao? Did you get that poison book I asked for?"

"Yeah. Hold on, it's in my bag," she responded before digging around in her bag. With no trouble, Yuyao found the book on poisons she was looking for and handed it to Shizu. "Here you go."

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." Retta responded to Tyson. Being the eldest of the group, the two had become classmates while the others were in a different class. Tyson had become like a big brother to Retta over the years and she felt like his guidance with weapons had been the most useful. She definitely felt like she owed him in some way. She waved to the rest, Yuyao, Shizu, Sam, Zero, and Tian, before heading to class with Tyson.

Once he reach the classroom, he laid his head onto the table in front of him with his eyes closed. Suddenly he jumped up out of his seat realizing today was not any ordinary day. Today was the day, his local blacksmith promised him a very special katana for his seat. He waited on retta to walk through the door, he stood in front of his seat waiting on retta to enter. Once she entered he'd asked "retta can you do me a favor?" With a depressed, teary look on his face.

As Retta got up to leave, Yuyao waved her hand in good bye and went back to her business with the othere. Over the years, Yuyao came to think of Retta as her close friend and a sister she never had. People called said she was amazing, but Yuyao thought that Retta was even more amazing than she was. The girl was someone Yuyao now looked up to. @Phineas Forge

(Sorry for the short response. I just felt the need to respond to Retta leaving. See you after you're done with your surgery~)

"i think is good." Tian sighs softly. "Honestly, i feel stranger of receive this kind of letters when i lose with Sam." Looks around and talk to Sam. "I hope. you get more letters supporting you. For me, Seeing Yu is good enough" Tian chuckles, And receiving letters from my fiancee. But i wouldn't say it, at least until i finally met her in person. "I still don't believe than none of us could join Yuyao Fan Club." Looking to Yuyao. "If we wanted to join, we have to be stop being your friends. It something we couldn't accept. Isn't it, Sam?" Tian knew what they wanted from the beginning of them is not to joining to their ranks. They wanted to separate them of Yuyao, But was fun to look they faces and more when we say no, so he and probably the rest just go to see who are the Fan club. In a week, they will fight to become the elite. And after that, the would have permission to go the Colosseum to have battles. "Yu, in another note, did You and Retta have decided their partners for the Colosseum for the 2v2? Just curious, don't have to say it or someone would brag all week." Tian laughs softly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam nodded to Tian as he knew that the fan letters mattered little to him and he would not join the Yuyao fan club because although she was rpetty, he did not want to taint a friendhsip with her for this. Sam thought that later that day he had some special training with his master, Aura, so that he could get battle ready for the tournament. It had been a while back when he met "The Knockout Fiora" for the evry first time. It was about four years ago when he got to the Spirit Grandmaster Ranks and he went on his own, despite the warnings, to find a suitable spirit beast. He had been told that flying insect-type beasts with stingers would do great for his spirit halo, so he decided to find one on his own.

Sam could not trust Tian since he was so afraid of insects that he would collapse on sight. He was walking on the forest when he saw a giant Heart-shaped Demon Tarantula in front of him. "It's over." Sam remembered he said when the Taranula was chasing him and about to strike. That was when he heard it: the buzzing sound. It was a weird noise coming from above that saved him from the Tarantula. A Giant Tarantula Hawk had arrived and lunged towards the spider,stinging it and making it retreat in pain. Sam followed closely as the Giant T-Hawk began to attack to kill the Tarantula. Once it had died, it stood over the carcass and was using its ovipositor to place eggs on the carcass. Sam knew it was time, so he created a Sandtrap that began to sink away the Giant T-hawk. When the Wasp located Sam, it broke easily from the quicksand and charged towards Sam with its stinger clearly visible. "IDIOT, MOVE OUT!" a voice came out of nowhere and struck the wasp before it stung Sam.

"Don't you know it's dangerous down here, lad?" The woman said as she had easily defeated the T-Hawk. "Get the halo. What's your name, kid?" She questioned as she saw his spirit essence being the same as the dojo she once taught in. "Wait, are you Samuel? No way! Sam's son is so big now!" She smiled as she took Sam into a giant hug, which made Sam both uncomfortable and wary.She told him that she was once a teacher in the family dojo, but left to become an adventurer. She was happy to see Sam for the first time in many years and took him under her wing.

Back in the present, "
Tian are you ready for the big 2v2 battles?"

Retta went through the door way and headed to class. She arrived to find Tyson standing by his seat, which was located next to her own. She dropped her bag as Tyson asked her for a favor. She gave him a look that one might read as suggestive before responding "Depends on what it is, bro," she emphasized the word bro, in order to make it clear how she felt about him. Retta was mostly kidding, she knew he wasn't the type to ask for a sexual favor, at least not in the manner he was asking for a favor now. But his depressed and teary look made her want to cheer him up, so she joked with him.

She took her seat at the table, motioning for Tyson to do the same.
"What's up?"

Tyson dragged his feet as he slowly made his way to the table and say next to retta "well today is the day I'd receive a new katana set with matching sheaths from the local blacksmith, I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?" He offered her. The new katanas were the only thing that was on his mind at the moment making it hard for him to focus, he truly wanted to escape this class but doubt he'd would be allowed to.

Retta smiled at Tyson. She didn't know why he was depressed if he was about to get new stuff, but she already knew he was a bit odd. "Of course. I'll be glad to go with you." Retta told him. Errands were always better with two, she figured. "Maybe they'll sharpen my daggers while we're there," she added as an afterthought. It was then that Retta's exceptional hearing picked her name being spoken by Tian all the way from the other classroom. Their discussion about the tournament made Retta contemplate the 2 vs 2 part. She hadn't really planned anything yet.

He smiled thankfully, Tyson was truly consider weird but he'd always have a scheme mapped out in his head he tried to follow. the black and white dragon designed katana are here. With retta with me there's no way I can't get them he smile turned into a malicious grin as he thought about the die to own, blacksmith edition of the most ordinary weapon set their is know to katana lovers.

"Retta do you wanna stop and grab something on the way their or back; I'll buy?" He asked, which only sounded fishy coming from his cheap self.

Retta had just realized that there were seven members of their group, which meant that someone would have to sit out of the 2 vs 2 competitions. She wondered who that would be, she didn't want to do it. She was looking forward to showing off her skills and seeing what she was capable of, plus, she really wanted to compete in the Coliseum. She wondered if anyone had picked partners yet.

Retta was yanked from her reverie when Tyson invited her to lunch and offered to treat her. What's up with him? she thought. He normally doesn't pay for stuff... let alone someone else's stuff... "Sure, but... what're you up to, schemer?" she asked, a hint of accusation and a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"Nothing!" you should know of yet He claimed as he forced a smile onto his face. Tyson wasn't the only one who knew he was up to something, if Tyson could get some of the stress off of the others it'd be easier for them to compete. "Why do you believe I'm up to something?" He questioned knowing she probably couldn't guess it, but he was one to be amused by the suspicion she had.

"you should be prepared for battle, after today!" He teased

"Of course." Tian smiles "More than having the 1v1 since we have an expertise rank on it." Tian laughs softly. "I have some team strategies for everyone. But well remember we have to know each team would be. After all we let Yuyao and Retta choice first, so i don't feel rejected." Tian makes a silly face joking. The actual reason is there would be a war over it. but he have to silent that. "So today is study of the Continent. I don't want to hear about the greatness of the spirit hall, again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back