• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Combat Continent Rp

Yin Yang Warlock

Warlock/Wareloga/Oath-breaker
Narator: In Doulou Dalu (Combat Continent) all people have a spirit. Spirit commonly has two large categories: Tool Spirits and Beast Spirits. Tool spirits possess effects that can be used independent of the body. Beast spirits when employed, the beast’s power and characteristic are added to spirit master body achieving human-spirit unity. The spirit awakens when the children reach six years old. With spirit awakening, people with reveal his own spirit power. The amount of spirit power is extremely important as its decide one destiny. Some people would have no spirit power, but those than have can aim to the top and become a Title Doulou. This are the story of those trying to achieve that position and their lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mama! Mama! Why do I have to afar? Mama! I don't wanna go!" The little Sam, only six years old, had just been tested by a mysterious man who had arrived to their homeland in Wales. His attention span could just listen to his compatibility rate being an 8 and his spirit essence being the same as his mothers. "Mama! I don't wanna go!" He yelled just to be scolded by his mother, reminding him he had to honor the family's ways and train to be another dojo grandmaster and to reach what nobody had reached before: the rank of titled Doulou.

He was just sad of having to leave to a far away place to train. He was heartbroken to leave his family behind, but duty was always before family. The only thing that softened his pride and sadness of having to leave was his father, Joseph, who had brought waffles to the table for him to have for breakfast. His waffles had always soothed him, but he knew they were the last one he would taste in a long time. He also knew waffles were a bad omen, since his father only prepared them at important ocasions. This was his story. His adventures and travels were about to begin. And he was only a Spirit Scholar aiming for a title.

There are many clans in this Combat Continent: some recently sprouted and others have a history with them. The clan of Elemental Phoenix Staff is one of those with some history within the continent. Although they have no alignment to the 3 Great Clans, it is one of the more versatile Tool Spirit Master Clans. Many of their spirit masters can wield one or two elements with their spirit ability.

Young Master it's time to wake up. You would begin going to the elementary academy Wǔ Xíng. "I'm awake." The six years old boy wakes as soon he hears the calling of the butler. I know you weren't. The butler says as he enters the room. Come on, since you spirit is awake. The clan put great hopes on you, Young Master Tian. "But my spirit level..." The Tian say timidly. Is of a powerful 7. Many people only wake up with a spirit level of 2 and begin their cultivation. Young Master Tian have a really head start compare to most. The butler said to him, helping him to get ready. Fèng Tian nods as he receives his clothes and begins to dress. "Isn't it late for my morning training?" Master Fèng said you should rest today of training, since you would be getting into a Boarding Academy. You will walk enough there. The butler smiles proudly. Come on your parents are waiting.

He eats the last breakfast with his family for a long while and then departs from them safety of his home towards the big unexplored world. Tian smiles to his family with tears in his face and sits in the back of the carriage drive by the butler. "Can I finally met new people?" Tian said softly as he sees a small nod from the butler. This brings a burst of happiness than he never felt before. "I hope make a lots of friends with the people I meet."

Wǔ Xíng Academy. The name was stuck in his head as he had entered the carriage that would be taking him there. Several questions had invaded his mind. What will happen there? Will I meet new friends? Will I be subdued to intense training? What will happen to me from now on? Every single of these questions could not be answered and that made Sam worrisome. It was going to be a long journey till he reached the academy, so he had to pass time in a way.

When in doubt, try training your breathing techinques. The voice of his mother came into mind. He knew it was right. If he had time to be worrying, why not use it to meditate or train more. He placed his palms together and focused on breathing in and out. He was trying to make his spirit aura grow as he traveled towards that place which was going to become his new home.

In few hours after leaving the household, the carriage stops and Tian saw the academy; it was bigger than expected. This place would be his home for the next 6 years. he actually doesn't understand why he need to learn outside to the household, but is the perfect time to make friend of his age. He actually doesn't understand why he needs to learn outside the household, but it's perfect time to make friends of his age. He gets out the carriage with carefulness, as sees a male teacher come towards him to receive him. It was an annoying teacher praising his family and the academy. I dislike a lot the people that want to show off only the good sides. Tian thinks to himself as he is looking to the male teacher. The male teacher brings him to meet the principal after the carriages returns to the Fèng Household. The principal was a busy man and only said a few words before sending Tian to his dormitory.

There are 7 dormitories in total in the academy. The dormitories 1, 2 and 3 are for the most reknown clans and families thatn decided to go to this academy and all students have a private room. Rooms 4, 5 and 6 are for people that their clans don't have much recognition or prefer to have no alignment with any major forces in the continent and the families that have the money to pay the fee for the academy. The rooms of this buildings are shared by two people. And the 7 dormitory is for people than have been enrolled because their village sent them to study here. It is a communal dormitory. Tian dormitory was number 5, so he would have to share a room with one of the students. He feel anxious while opening the door of the room, but to his surprise, his roommate hasn't arrived yet. He sat on the bed on the right and placed his bag at his side.

Few hours later, when the sky was almost darkening, King-Harold's family carriage arrived. It had been a trip of almost five hours in which young Sam had his eyes closed and was meditating. His family did have some influence around the globe, but it was minimal due to it being a new clan and mostly neutral. Hence, their family dojo was known to train people for personal defense. As his vehicle came to a stop, a young teacher came to receive him. He got out of the carriage, wearing his cute little green jacket and khakki pants. His shoes were kind of grayish and his hair was messy brownish.

Young master, welcome to Wǔ Xíng Academy. He was told, but he cared not much of all this. He was tired, so the teacher led him to the principal's office. The headmaster stared at him, nodded and pinpointed the dormitory number five. He was taken there. A bit stiff from the voyage, he opened the door, just to see another boy in the room. He just glared and stared at him silently.

Tian gets up as he hears the door open. He smiles softly, as he has been waiting his roommate since midday. To his surprise, the boy glared at him at the moment their eyes met. Although he didn't dare to speak first, he gulped his fear and began to talk. "I'm Fèng Tian. It appears that we would be roommates for these six years." With a brighter smile than before he asked: "May i know your name?"

He smiles back at Tian and nods. "I am Samuel King. You can call me Sam." He walks towards the left bed and places his belogining on top. "I come from the Armored Sandtrap Scorpion Clan." He nods and looks around to see anything of interest. As he sees none, he sits on the bed. "I hope we can be friends on our time in this academy." He stretches his hand towards him.

Tian stretches his hand and shakes Sams hand. "I'm from Elemental Phoenix Staff Clan. Sam, you can can call me by my name, Tian." And. with a small pause to think, he continue."My rank is 7. What is yours?" Tian looks curiously with his aqua blue eyes to Sam. This was the first time than he talked someone of his age, he was clearly joyful and want to ask many things.

"Well, grownups say I'm rank 8." He said with pride. "Mama said I was to bring pride to the family." He looks at his eyes curiously with his jade-colored eyes. "I have never heard about your clan." He said curiously as he looked down to the floor. Maybe, he can be my first friend. Maybe we could get along and have adventures together. Back at home, I never had any friend due to people fearing having a relationship with me due to my mother's status. He thought.

"Well, neither I have heard of yours" Tian chuckles softly. "My father said to me that our clan always was in the sideline of the history. There aren't many records of a spirit saint in my family. And our tool spirit is fond to versatility since most of its users can wield different elements, like Fire, Ice, Wind..." Tian forgot the other elements that his father mentioned, but continued talking " To name a few. We are mostly seen as Magic users." He finished talking and began to feel hungry. He smile. "It's not time for dinner yet, isn't it?"

"Mama said that our clan is recently new and that she is the first Spirit Saint from it. Papa once talked to me about us, just being refugees from the clan wars and people coming to us to get trained to fight. That was when we were recognised as a small clan." He smiled not thinking about if sharing this info with the boy would be important or not. Soon he heard it rumble. His stomach began making noises and that's when he realized he hadn't eaten since breakfast. "It sure is time to fill up my belly!"

"Then, what are we waiting for?" Tian moves to the exit of the room. "i have check most of the academy, while waiting for your arrival. Let's go to the dinner hall.* he strike a pose pointing to the ceiling, although the dinner hall is closer to the dormitory 1 and 2.

"Why are you pointing up? Are you a superhero of sorts?" He asked jokingly as he moved closer to the door. "Alright, let's go to have supper, snce I am quite hungry. By the way, mister Tiang, what's your favorite meal?"

Tian laughs and makes a pose almost saying you discover me. And begins to walk towards the dinner hall. "Chow Mei is my favorite meal, how about yours?"

"Well, back where I am from, we usually have some steak with mashed potatoes and, tiny cocktail sausages, bacon and an egg. That was my father's signature cooking, other than waffles..." He stopped delighted by the memory of the sweet-scented waffles his father made. "...so you could say that is my favorite meal." He looked at the hallways making a fork. "Where to, Tian?"

"The medium building at the side of the 5 star hotels than are dormitories 1 and 2." Tian chuckles. The dormitories have a numeric order making the 7th the most farther apart from the school and the closest being the 1st. Behind the dormitories are the training grounds where most students cultivate their spirit and train. In a few minutes, Tian and Sam arrive to the dinner hall that seemed small compared to the dormitories 1 and 2. "Like I said, the medium-sized building at the side of the 5 star hotels that are dormitories 1 and 2"

"Wow. Those sure are hotels." He said as they passed dormitories one and two." He chuckled at the size of the hall from where they will be having dinner. "Do you know the mechanics of this, Tian? Is it a buffet? Or are we getting a butler?" He seemed to be confused on how things were going to work at his new boarding school. Maybe I should go train at the forest tomorrow. He thought remembering that his mother always said: Never lose a day of training or you will become a disgrace.

He shakes his head. "i had some students help me with the food problem." Looks around and inside seeing a line of students making. Since the bathroom of this place in the other side of that line it probably means it is the line for food. Tian said to himself. "well, that is line let's check if is for food?"

Zero was in the line for the food thinking "wow I'm finally away from dad and his training...bit I promised I would keep training to mom to grow stronger dang why did I say that" he thought as he sighed and looked at a necklace his mom gave him of a cross and another one from his dad that had a scythe on it and smiled happily from the two necklaces.

Tian taps the shoulder of a boy than was looking something around his neck. "hey, is this a line for the dinner or everyone is constipate?" He waits with a smile the answer of the white haired boy.

Zero turns around looking at a boy about his age and looks for a minute and says "yeah it's the line for dinner" zero said with a little grin for no reason looking at the boy.

"Oh I see. So we have to get in line to get some food. Not what I wanted but it works." As he says this he takes a tray and stands on the line. "You know, Tian, maybe we could meet more people to become friends with us!" He was anxiously waiting for more people to become friends with, to participate in tournaments and create bonds. People had not yet asked but his spirit marker was on his back, showing a scorpion tail and its pincer in amber light. He was eager to be the first one to reach level 10. I have to get stronger for mama. She will be pleased. I have to get to the next level and get my first spirit skill. He thought.

"You bet. beginning with you, white haired" smiling "I'm Fèng Tian and this is my roommate samuel king from dorm 5, i don't want just call you white haired so what is your name?"

"I am Sam King." He bowed at the new figure. "It's always a pleasure to meet new people." He observed silently how Zero looked like. He stared at his body structure, a bit muscular and his aura. "Would you mind telling me what clan are you from? Or if not a clan, which family?" He asked curiously and intrigued at the person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back