• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Combat Continent Rp

Retta grabbed the falling boy as he lunged into her arms. She hugged him tight and was glad she'd made such a good friend. She giggled as he said they were slow and began into the forest. Retta looked at her teacher as her eyes rolled, she couldn't help but giggle once more as she followed the others into the forest. Her eyes and ears were peeled for anything that might resemble an attack. "So, what kind of spirit beast are we looking for anyways? Speed? Defense? Fire? Ice? Cute and cuddly?" she asked with genuine curiosity and a little joke thrown in.

@DreamBeat @Edward Valentine

Sam began to move in acrobatics towards the side. He did front flips and cartwheels in order to avoid the attack. As soon as his both hands touched the ground, he activated again his ability. I know I can only use it three times since it will consume most of my spirit energy, but I have to try. Sam thought as he began surrounding Tian trying to get close enough for a well placed strike on his chest.

Shinju looks between her nephew and you and then turns her attention to you as he is in a safe distance of her. "We are looking at this from a theoretical aspect. Ive read of some cases that the plant tool spirit evolved with the spirit ring consumed so really it could be anything he wants. If he wants to do fire then we will be taking a fire spirit. If he wants metal or defense then maybe a turtle but knowing Shizu he will be happy with the first beast he sees."

As Shinju explains this to Rhetta, Shizu has taking a few sharp turns chasing after a incest he wants to capture and mark and take notes one. Whilst doing so he might have strayed to far int the forest because he comes upon opening with horde of Spirit Radish. He looks around at the snarling little monsters and looks around. He remembers what his mother taught him and draws his family dagger; a pale wood hilt with a silverish steel blade attached to it. He waits for the first monster to attack to slice and dice while more radishs approach him and with Shizu's naive nature, not knowing that monsters lurk close by.

@DreamBeat @Phineas Forge

Tian places the staff in front of him and used it to jump over Sam. Lands over his knees makes a unnecessary roll to get up. "Sam, is that exaggerated movements are hiding something?" Tian father one said to him. If you opponent make dramatic moves with the simplest attack, it means he is hiding something. "The next time you use it, i would discover it." Tian watches over everything around Sam, trying to not miss any single detail. Stay outside range and changing direction constantly, he would going to discover Sam attack.

This time Sam decided to put the trap on a place farther away from Tian. It was behind him a few meters away. Sam charged again towards Tian, doing a front flip before opening his palm to strike his chest. He was using the momentum of the speed to land a good hit. Sam hoped if it connected, or if Tian trying to evade it, he would fall again into the trap he had positioned. "What are you talking about, I am not hiding anything."

See the two fight only showed him how hopeless offensive spirits would be without food spirits users "go into the defensive stop being so aggressive!" he yield at sam from behind a tree, he didn't think he'd interfere in the match by yelling his opinion. He'd tried to envision a better tactic for sam but, soon left the thought to himself. His eyes peered over to the two analysising their tactics. "I'm still better" he thought trying to make himself more confidant

"It's behind, isn't it?" As Tian interfere with the movement of Sam palm with his staff, forcing it to miss. With the water like gem pointing directly towards Sams ear. "Check mate, Sam." Breath softly. "You shouldn't change your assault. That make me think you spectated a dodge. So interfering was the right option." He nods in agreement with the voice of the outsider. "Sam, your tactics are good with brute. But if you only do is attack, Tian just have to concentrate in the rhythm." Teacher Ran say. "Not just that he is an opponent than is a natural born strategist, he wouldn't fall for the same kind of traps two times. This battle is over when you underestimate Tian inside your trap" Teacher ran separate Tian and Sam and called Tyson to assist the two.

Retta listened to Shizu's aunt as she spoke. Any spirit beast? That is certainly versatile. Retta thought. "So our real job is to keep Shizu from absorbing a weak beast's halo..." she giggled as she trailed off. Retta was familiar with the idea of protecting people from their own poor decisions. She turned back to Shizu to find that he had disappeared. Crap! Took my eyes off him for one second. Not worrying about Shinju, Retta's right foot moved upward while her left pushed off the ground. Her right foot made contact with a nearby tree and nearly simultaneously pushed off. In this manner, she climbed upward using the trees as places to jump from; once she reached a branch suitable of holding her weight, she began visually searching for Shizu.

Yuyao, still tired from her recent nap, listened quietly as she followed the group. She also did not keep an eye on Shizu, so he had gotten away. It was Retta who noticed that Shizu had disappeared first. As soon as they both realized, the girls sprung into action. While Retta jumped from tree to tree, Yuyao had no choice but to search on the ground. Her spirit mark glowed a bright green as the changes were made on her body. With her enhanced hearing, she could faintly hear Shizu fighting with some spirit beasts nearby... and there was something else. What was that? Now that she knew the general direction of Shizu's location, she called out to Retta so that she knew where to look. "Retta! Shizu is on your right somewhere! Be careful, there are spirit beasts over there!" Yuyao shouted to Retta and sped through the trees to get to where Shizu was. I hope he's okay. @Phineas Forge @Edward Valentine

Shizu, probably to both the girl surprise, was more than well adept with his dagger. In fact by the time you get there, the little guy is nibbling on a radish and sitting in the middle of a pool of spirit rings. He smiles on over to the two and waves. His dagger stabbed in a raddish in front of him. A smug grin on his face as he takes another bite. Now Shinju is standing high in a tree and watching the group below. She gets ready for anything that might or might now happen in the next thirty to forty minutes of battle.

"Look! Retta!! Yuyao!! I made us a snack." Shizu giggles to himself but unknown to himself and Retta, there was beast chilling and stalking the radish spirits. A chameleon dissolves its camouflage on the tree reveals its presence inches above Shizu. It hisses wildly at the two girls and the rolls its tongue out towards the little boy. @DreamBeat @Phineas Forge

019-illustrations-kyoung-hwankim.jpg

Tyson ran out from behind the tree "hello!" He greeted to the three bowing in respect to all of them "my name is Tyson gold!" He introduced. He stared at sam and smiled "with an spirit skill like that it's best if you defend, and force them to come at you!" He pointed at tian as he continued "didn't it seem like he wanted a specific spot to attack?" He shrugged and question.

He spun his wrist twice summoning two sweet onions "here you two need this!" He offered @ying yang warlock @Sombra Arcana

Retta was scanning for Shizu when Yuyao pointed in his direction. She moved through the trees to his location, only to find him comfortably munching on some radish spirit beast corpses. She could only giggle at the boy and the situation. "Don't rush off again, twerp." While the last word was, in most cases, an insult, Retta meant it as more of a term of endearment. She looked to Yuyao with a little grin on her face, seeing that she had transformed. Everything had turned out alright though, or so she thought.

A hiss drew Retta's attention away to a large chameleon type spirit beast that was previously hidden above Shizu. She was too slow to react as the beast attacked Shizu.
Retta just hoped Shinju would be able to stop this creature before Shizu was killed because obviously she can't do anything.

@DreamBeat @Edward Valentine

Last edited by a moderator:
With her enhanced hearing, Yuyao heard munching sounds as she neared where Shizu was. Huh? She was a bit confused about what she heard until she saw Shizu snacking on the now dead spirit radishes. At the sight, Yuyao almost giggled but stopped herself when she saw the chameleon reveal itself and heard a hissing sound. Her senses screamed DANGER!, so she quickly she sped towards the chameleon making her senses go off. Just as Retta and Shizu were knocked over, she was in poisition to kick the spirit beast but thought of something that made her stop. What if this was Shizu's? At the thought, she stopped herself from kicking and instead pulled out a flower with a paralyzing agent, which paralyzed the chameleon long enough for the two to react to its sudden presence. @Phineas Forge @Edward Valentine

"I know, but Mama said that the best offense was the best defense." He shrugged at his loss and smiled at Tyson. "Name's Sam King, pleasure to meet you." As he said this, he took the sweet black onion and ate it, slowly feeling the recovery rate. "I guess I'll have to find something to make the opponent incapable of moving, something like an anesthetic poison of some sorts." Sam said to Tian and Tyson.

"Thanks, Tyson Qiánbèi." Tian smiles as he take the onion and eat it. "I'm Tian Feng, nice to meet you." Smiles softly after the recovery proprieties of the onion help him. Tian think about it: "I don't know, if that is the problem. Sam, when i'm in a mock battle i adapt my movement. i have never fall for the same trick, twice. And changing your moment drastically, really help me figure out the location of the trap." Tian chuckles

Tyson giggled at their conversation "we'll not everyone is logical when it comes to fighting!" He announced seeing the two younger boys made him a bit more excited to make it to a spirit grandmaster. "Have you ever been in a dead-end?" He asked the two boys who stood in front of him, which was soon followed by a sigh of depression.

"I don't get what you are saying" said Sam as he looked at Tyson with curiosity. He then managed to stretch himself and looking down on the floor, he thought. Maybe, if I could just finish that dagger to finish the job...Maybe then can I win? Mama what did I did wrong? He was kind of annoyed to losing a second time against Tian, since the first time he did technically lost almost his life.

"I've been stuck at level 17 for the last month, I don't think I'm making any improvements!" He stated as he glance at tian and sam. "I don't think I can keep moving to the next level at this rank!" He looked to sam placing his hand on sam's head and forced a smile.

Tian thinks. "Maybe you could try to predict, Sam. Instead of chancing down towards the desired destination, try to find the way of they move so you can know your opponent next move." Looks to Tyson. "it's sadly to hear that. Food spirit is hard to cultivate, isn't it? Sam isn't your father a food spirit, do you know his Technics of cultivation?"

"Yes my father is one-" he continued nodding his head "but I'm bound to be better!" Slowly his confidence was coming back. "My father is always working, mom say it's cause he a food spirit." He mimicked wiggling his index finger and resting his other hand on his waist. he let out a quick giggle while, covering his mouth.

"Yes, Papa is a food spirit master. He's spirit is sweet smelling waffles." Sam then looked at Tyson and then back at Tian. "I heard my Papa would stay days meditating on Mama's Dojo and also cooking. He wasn't and never was that good as a fighter, but he managed. My Mama said he always was making waffles for everyone at the Dojo after training, so maybe practice does make you becomes better?"

Shizu was horrified. He had let his guard down and was about to die if not for the sharp thinking of Yuyao. He quickly grabbed his knife and darted behind the two girls, watching the monster in fear and swallowed whats left of the radish. His little fingers trembling around the dagger as he is more freaked out that the monster got so close rather than him almost dying. Seems like he might need to process his priorities.

"Thanks Yuyao." He said in a trembling voice. He clutches the dagger with enough power to gain white knuckles. He looked at the beast and took a deep breath. "Lets kill it..."

@DreamBeat @Phineas Forge

Tian chuckles. "Tyson, i mean Sam father is a food spirit." Tian nods after hearing Sam father training. "Well, the secret of staff Tool spirit is always having at hand. Staff have just two things over other tool spirit. The first one is: the length show the spirit master power. And the second one is: Staff spirit master are trained to maintain the staff at his side for long periods of time." Thinks softly And remember than Shizu is going to get his first halo. "I hope everyone else is okay."

Tyson giggled softly "sorry." He stared at sam "your dad's a food spirit, do you think I could meet him?" Tyson asked as his competitive spirit start to burn, but it was interrupted by the words tian spoke "what'd you say?"

"Oh, is than a friend of us is getting his first spirit ring." Tian smiles. "He would be the first 5 years old spirit master. By what i discover asking the teachers He was gifted to control his spirit since he crawl, so his mother believe was a good idea to take the spirit awakening early." Soften a little the smile. "It worries me a little, but the Principal said to me some our friends would help him. so he probably is absorbing the spirit ring by now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back