• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Combat Continent Rp

"I do not want to either. Also I have training with Aura-sensei. You remember her right? She's the teacher who taught me Shunpo and my master. The Knockout kangaroo" He smiled at Tian as he began to remember on how harsh the training was and why she is called a monster by her disciples

"Mm, no I haven't decided yet but I'll to soon," she responded to Tian's question. She's been thinking about her partner, and she would at least like someone who could keep up with her speed. Either that, or someone strong to cover for her lacking strength. Although she's been training long and hard for all the past years, she still lacks in strength compared to the others in her group.

She laughed. "It's always nice to hear the greatness of the spirit hall. I get to sleep during that speech," she said while smiling.

Retta snorted. "I know you're up to something cause you're a cheapo. You'd never offer to buy me stuff unless you're up to no good." She narrowed her eyes at him as he told her to be prepared for battle. She took a long look into his eyes, into his soul. "Are you, the Food Samurai, challenging me? Or are you trying to get me to pick you for the 2 vs 2 tournament coming up?" She asked, never taking her eyes off of his. In her mind, it was an impromptu staring contest to see who would give way first.

She waited until his lips started to move before quickly blurting out
"I changed my mind, I'm not going with you."

Tian chuckles softly. "So what book i would read today in class?" takes out a book from his bracelet bag."Let's see, 'The mythical River Grass and the 6 monsters'. Sam did you take my bracelet bag instead of yours, again?" Tian sighs. Some years ago Tian Father brought bracelet bags to Tian and his friends. This spirit item can store some items, like books and weapons. The only problem is than all look the same.

"I'm sorry, I think i did." Sam said as he gave Tian his bracelet bag. Sam was wondering on what to do on the meantime of the lecture so he kept on producing his energy dagger and started to play with it. Nobody bat an eye on Sam because he is sitting near the back this time.

"I have no interest in tournament,since I'm a food samurai!" He stated, the only competition he like was weapon only tournaments ,since they rarely occur he rarely cared about tournament. "So your saying I couldn't be up to something helpful, like helping you relax!" He hinted as his eyes pierced into hers.

Watching these most would've thought they had a weird relationship, they did since they often referred to each other by nickname or relatives, even though they weren't related. "but if you don't believe me you could, call it a challenge!" He stated as he slowly rises out of his seat, he quickly grabbed out his black deluxe: warrior edition of his bracelet bag. He rarely grabbed this katana since he loved it, but it was the only thing he had which could match whatever retta grabbed at the moment.

"No interest in the tournament?! You mean you're not even gonna root us on?!" Retta asked incredulously. Surely he's joking, doesn't he want everyone else to join us, she thought. She saw Tyson grab his katana and was shocked. "What're you doing?" she whispered. "Class is about to start, you can't be swinging that thing around!" She looked around, hoping the teacher hadn't arrived yet.

"Sit down and put that thing away and I'll go with you on this quest... jeez. Such a schemer." she lamented aloud. Her statement was followed by a slight chuckle. Once he sat down and got settled, she asked "What if I wanted you to be my partner for the tournament?" She was genuinely curious, as she still hadn't decided who she wanted to work with.

"I thought so!" He teased, after he finally settled down he returned to his seat "I root you guys on, but the only thing I'm interested in is participating in is the weapon only tournament!" He explained it wasn't a lie, but not the whole truth. He wants to participate in the tournament but he's spirit type wasn't compatible with combat, only his ego and he knew it; yet refuse to admit it.

"Thank you for thinking of offering me but, I think sam or tian or maybe shinzu would be better suit to accompany you!" He announced as he forced a smile onto his face, then laid his head into his arms "wake me whenever the teacher gets, unless you want to say something!" He said

Shizu was chilling in the back of the classroom with the desk next to the window, ignoring some of the girls and two guys gawking at him from around the classroom. It seems his fan club was up to something and he didn't want anything to do with it. He got up from his seat and headed out the door towards his aunts office to skip class for the day. He stopped at the door and looked to the other members of the class who were actually his friends and spoke to them. "You guys wanna come?"

Tian place the back back into Sam Bracelet arm and give it to him. He take out a book of war and begin to read. "Pass, still i don't put full attention. i need to have perfect assistance. Don't forget our strategic meeting in the afternoon." Tian answers Shizu with out stop reading. "Also buy some cake, and some tea leaves of your liking." Tian smiles softly, Showing than he can read Shizu power. "The usual place, My heaven in the garden."

Sam stood up and nodded at Shizu. "I'll skip with you." As he said this, he made his dagger disappear and stood up as he bowed before the teacher to takes his leave. "Tian, I will get some flan and strawberry shortcake. Is that okay with you?" Sam smiled widely as he had his things ready and thought that it would be a nice change of pace to rest before his horrible training of the afternoon.

"Any is fine." Tian smiles softly to Sam and Shizu. Tian concentrates in his book studding battle Technics. As he immerse in the book the hours of classes dissipate in seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shizu made his way past everybody, ignoring his fans who seem to get a little down at the lack of attention. Their sighs and disappointment cause him to glance back into the room and wink before immediately regretting that decision and scurrying down the hall to get away at the giggles and screams of delight coming from the classroom.

He looks over to Sam and clears his throat. "You gotta stop me from doing that again." He said before opening his book and reading through the poisons trying to decide what would be the worst to add to his thorns. "A agonizing combination..." He said to himself, completely forgetting that Sam is with him even though not seconds ago he spoke to him

Sam really shrugs off Shizu's ignoring him and said "I'll stop you then. Next time." Sam said as he looked over to the book Shizu was reading and sighed. "You are all about poisons right? Have you ever thought about getting people hurt or poisoned without being so obvious? Insects are all that you need" Sam said knowing already he wanted the Red Velvet as his next spirit beast, since it was a wasp that looked like an ant

"Well, it's not like I have so many other options coming my way you know? I got vines with thorns that are poisonous. I might as well evolve what I whilst looking for a creature that can add more to my thorns. It's just a theoretical thing, people being hurt is just part of the process that I have to deal with. Plus you know, I'm looking into improving my immune system so j can ignore poisons, including my own as he gets stronger. So really it could be a snake, insect, or an elephant, as long as it improves my thorns I don't care what I absorb."

Sam scratches his chin and then jokingly says to Shizu. "Okay, suppose we get you to be immune to poisonous poisons, but what will you do against non-hazardous poisons? For example, sleeping poisons or numbing poisons?"

"A poisons a poison, if I could find an immiunity to poison it wouldn't matter now would it?"

The boy looked up at you and smirked. "You wanna get the pretty boy his food first or head to the garden?"

"Let's head to the garden. And no, Shizu. Poisons have different grades of damage and all have a different immunity to them. Venoms as well have a wide range of capabilities and attack damages that immunity to all would be impossible. For example..."He slightly touches Shizu's left hand and a scorpion mark similar to the one on Sam's back appears on it. "Second spirit skill, numbing strike". The touch was barely enough to put a kind of non-painful, non-lethal poison that made Shizu's hand numb (kind of the feeling when it falls asleep) for a few seconds.

The numbing poison or venom if you have It spreads to his forearm before finally kicking in full. Shizu giggles at the feeling and looks up at you.

"I know. But I'm researching for one. One immunization that can block all poisons. It's silly idea but it's a good goal to strive for."

Shizu makes his way down the hall way and out the front door and onto the dirt path that takes them on a long walk to the garden. Once out the door ShiU speaks up again. "So what's this tournament talk I've been hearing?" The boy closes the book.

"Look, Shizu. For what I know, the academy is looking for seven students to become the head of the academy and represent it worldwide. So, I guess the tournament is to find the strongest people?"

shizu begins to pick leaves off certain herbs and trims stems down to keep everything in a perfect condition for everything to grow.

He speaks as he digs a hole next to one of his heavenly herbs. "Do you think I'll get more research funds if I win the tournament? Or atleast make it into the top seven." the blue eyed boy glances up directly into your eyes. His aura serious and imposing in the few seconds that have passed since he spoke with a real interest for the first time in a long time.

Sam's green eyes stared back at Shizu's. "I guess we could get more funds, since we will become the top priority of the school. I also think we'll be able to get our hands on spirit bones or other useful legendary trinkets" Sam scratched his head and rested upon the tree trunk.

You could of sworn you saw a genuine smirk come from the boy before he turned the back of his head to you and began to care for his plants. "I guess I might actually have to try for real."

The boy smiled to his plants at the thought os gaining treasure and knowledge. He wanted it all and he wanted to gained the power that came with it. It probably wasn't very healthy.

Retta let Tyson sleep, instead thinking to herself. He doesn't want to compete?! Hogwash! That's why we're all here, to get stronger and show everyone what we're made of. She laid her own head down as she waited for the teacher. She was starting to wonder if something had happened to him because he was so late. As her eyes closed, she once again began thinking to herself. It's true though, his halo skills aren't going to help me all that much in combat. Power Apple increases strength and Black Death is more of an attack than true support. Yuyao would have the same issues with Tyson as I would. Maybe Tyson should be with Sam, someone who uses strength in combat. That leaves Tian, Zero, and Shizu. Hmm... Shizu and Tian are control types and Zero... well, he's got a scythe and stuff. Shizu and Tian... Shizu is my little brother, but Yuyao might want to work with him. Tough decision.

It was at this point that someone entered the room, Retta looked up and was surprised to find someone other than their teacher.
"Unfortunately, Kenshiro has... run into some issues and will be unable to make it to class today. You are dismissed." With that, the lady turned and left. Retta smacked Tyson on the shoulder to wake him up. Once she found his eyes, she'd say "Class was canceled. Gonna buy me something to eat now?" She didn't want him to forget the offer he'd made. @haio681

Tian was reading his book of strategic. the professor enter the classroom and begin with his speech. The only student's than wasn't hearing the speech, where Zero, Yuyao and Tian. But Tian was the only awake of the three. Some time the teacher want them to put attention in what Tian have rescue the group saying the words of the teacher with point and coma. Once repeated so many times they begin to ignore them. Tian mind have the ability to focus in two different points in almost full capacity.

Tian looks up from his book. Well, although i want to team up with Yu, I would prefer than she choice who she see fit. Tian moves his neck a little to rest from reading. The more troublesome is Zero. He have great capacities of becoming a good support but he insist of becoming an assault type. A scythe is a tricky weapon, since the blade is internal most of his cuts are pulls. What some times is the worst course of action. Take some deep breaths and continue reading as he answer a question of the teacher. Tyson has inherit a food spirit but his mind is more like a swordsman. I don't know if is possible to become food into a weapon with out eating it. I hear than someone used his carrot spirit to hit people. But blunt weapon or no, the durability is different. Tian feels looked by some of the girls classmates and he smile softly to them. Sam has his ways to pressure the opponents and Shizu can make the receptors of pain feel more.

Tian reads all the class feeling nothing more to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back