• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [Closed] Unique-ish Ideas Regarding Tribes and Urban Fantasy

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
Hello! Thanny is the name, an on-and-off roleplayer who has a penchant for meeting new and friendly people. Some interesting things about me are that I actively try to be an off-the-wall and jovial individual and love to talk with people; married a dictionary at one point in time; roleplayed for, oh, ten years now, and writing for twice the breadth of time; love older, classic literature of historical, fantasy, and science-fiction kinds; and enjoy referencing movies. "I would sooner destroy a stained-glass window than an artist like yourself." I have a tendency of gushing over characters I know, too, especially roleplay characters. I also lead a busy life and sometimes have to take hiatuses, but I will let you know why in advance.

Anyhow, I am seeking a friendly, fun-loving individual who can:

-enjoy a good conversation out of character,
-write two or more paragraphs at least once a week, preferably twice a week or more,
-and share in world-building and make vibrant characters.

I have no age requirements, but prefer male-female (M/F) pairings if romance is involved. If things make sense, I am malleable and can change my mind, however.

Now, the nitty-gritty:

Idea 1 -- Two ancient-era to medieval-era species next door to each other live in uncertainty of one another. Their beliefs are radically different, as are their languages, and while pockets of battles occurred they were at a stalemate. One set up encampments, one knew the lay of the land better than anyone. Two children meet near the borders, one of either tribe and learn of each other's cultures, slowly bonding and becoming more knowledgeable of each other's languages and beliefs. Can they bridge the distrust of their elders in time before any blood is spilled on a grand scale, or will they succumb to the pressures posed by both sides, or will they build something new and wondrous together?

Idea 2 -- A collegian or young worker --you -- accidentally throws themselves into an odd sort of events that becomes more and more mysterious when they rent a supernatural house outside a growing city. The landlord is seemingly bonkers, but the rent was cheap as long as you tend to the land and keep to certain rules. Things get odd as you move in. Items are shifted. Food disappears. The lawn is plucked of dandelions. Dishes are washed in the morning. You might be surprised to know that a chronically invisible entity and a half-dozen brownies tend to the house and landscaping, but need you to do the heavy lifting and providing. Your house is also seemingly a nexus of supernatural phenomena, but perhaps even with all the weirdness it is nice living here.

I will see about adding more possibilities, but alas! for now this is all I have time to place. I hope this catches your eye, kind reader. *bows*. Thank you for checking this out, and I look forward to conversing with anyone who feels they are a good match.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back