• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Closed) Looking For People To Join a Pokémon Thread based in Unova

If that's your choice then sure! Oh and you're good stitches! Conversations between Violet and Nero will.... interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
ok! Lemme make my character!

Character Form
Name: Nellie Blake
Role: Trainer
Looks: tall with blonde hair and teal eyes, freckles, tends to be able to tie pink int her bruh girl look
Family: Jennifer "Jenny" Blake (Mother)
Ryan Eclipse Blake (father)
Officer Jenny's (relatives)
Home Region: Kalos
Personality: Nellie is intelligent and dependable, with a kind heart. She has a stubborn streak a mile long, though, and her friends are EVERYTHING
Goal: Become the best of the best
Rival: N/A
Sexuality: Pan
Crush: N/A
Pokemon Team
STARTER
Species: Evee
Nickname: Sylvie
Type: Normal
Item: Unknown
Ability: adaptability
Move Set: Quick Attack,Tackle
Other: Sylvie wears a white rose on her left ear.

If that's your choice then sure! Oh and you're good stitches! Conversations between Violet and Nero will.... interesting to say the least.
Awesome sauce! And yeah! I wanted to try a character that was much different than Anemone so this was the result!

And yeah haha! I look forward to that! Watch Violet challenge Nero constantly!

The Waluigist Priestess The Waluigist Priestess , i just looked over your form and...i don't like what you put in for their Gender. "Attack Helicopter" (but female in parenthesis)? That's...I feel like you're making a joke out of trans people, because of the popular "I iDeNtIfY aS aN aTaCk HeLiCoPtEr!!!1!!111" "jokes" used to mock trans people. I just wanted to bring that up with you just in case you don't realize.

Name
Vincent Jameson
(Color Code #BB47F1)

Role
Trainer

1607213675082.png
Family
Mother, Father, both are actors

Home Region
Nimbasa City, Unova

Personality
Vincent is normally quiet, awkward and somewhat philosophical around other people, and somewhat prefers the company of Pokémon. He likes to sketch and draw, mostly ideas for his potential future career as a Gym Leader. In battle, however, a metaphorical switch is hit and his personality changes completely. He switches to what he refers to as his "Gym Leader Personality", wherein he acts more like a bombastic cosplayer who gets a bit too much into their role as a villain, even though Vincent clearly enjoys doing so. He views Pokémon battles as stage performances, with the participating Pokémon as the actors putting on a show for their Trainers and those who would watch. Vincent cares very much for his Pokémon, however, and makes sure they're well taken care of, even going so far as to help them understand that it is okay to lose. His favorite Pokémon are Dark types, since as he might put it, "You can't have day without night; there is no light that can't cast a shadow." In addition, as the son of a pair of actors, his choice of Pokémon is also somewhat swayed by the theatrical trope of "light versus dark".

Goal
To become a Gym Leader who specializes in Dark-types, something that had previously been unheard of before the Galar region. He also has a certain secret twist in mind for the sake of innovation and to test Trainers' ability to react to surprises.

Rival
None.

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Crush
None.

Pokemon Team

STARTER

Species: Zorua
Nickname: Zach
Type: Dark
Item: Soothe Bell
Ability: Illusion
Move Set: Feint Attack, Aerial Ace, Round, Fury Swipes
Other: Zach's Soothe Bell is worn on a string around his neck.

Species: Zoroark
Item: Black Glasses
Move Set: Foul Play, Hone Claws, Shadow Ball, Fury Swipes

Species: Lycanroc (Midnight, Shiny)
Nickname: Lupin
Type: Rock
Ability: Keen Eye
Move Set: Crunch, Rock Slide, Reversal, Howl
Other: Lupin has the Soothe Bell around his neck like how Zach did as a Zorua, though the string is noticeably frayed.

Species: Bisharp
Nickname: Alastor
Type: Dark/Steel
Item: Wide Lens
Ability: Defiant
Move Set: Iron Head, Night Slash, Guillotine, X-Scissor

Species: Houndoom
Nickname: Flare
Type: Dark/Fire
Item: Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire (Solar Power w/ Mega)
Move Set: Thunder Fang, Thief, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb
Other: Flare's Houndoominite is encased in a small silver charm around her neck.

Species: Hydreigon
Nickname: Ryuji
Type: Dark/Dragon
Item: Dragon Fang
Ability: Levitate
Move Set: Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Heat Wave

Species: Meloetta
Nickname: Muse
Type: Normal/Psychic (Normal/Fighting in Pirouette Form)
Item: Shell Bell
Ability: Serene Grace
Move Set: Relic Song, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Dual Chop
Other: Muse has the Shell Bell at their hip.

Last edited:
Name
Vincent Jameson
(Color Code #BB47F1)

Role
Trainer

Family
Mother, Father, both are actors

Home Region
Nimbasa City, Unova

Personality
Vincent is normally quiet, awkward and somewhat philosophical around other people, and somewhat prefers the company of Pokémon. He likes to sketch and draw, mostly ideas for his potential future career as a Gym Leader. In battle, however, a metaphorical switch is hit and his personality changes completely. He switches to what he refers to as his "Gym Leader Personality", wherein he acts more like a bombastic cosplayer who gets a bit too much into their role as a villain, even though Vincent clearly enjoys doing so. He views Pokémon battles as stage performances, with the participating Pokémon as the actors putting on a show for their Trainers and those who would watch. Vincent cares very much for his Pokémon, however, and makes sure they're well taken care of, even going so far as to help them understand that it is okay to lose. His favorite Pokémon are Dark types, since as he might put it, "You can't have day without night; there is no light that can't cast a shadow." In addition, as the son of a pair of actors, his choice of Pokémon is also somewhat swayed by the theatrical trope of "light versus dark".

Goal
To become a Gym Leader who specializes in Dark-types, something that had previously been unheard of before the Galar region. He also has a certain secret twist in mind for the sake of innovation and to test Trainers' ability to react to surprises.

Rival
None.

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Crush
None.

Pokemon Team

STARTER

Species: Zorua
Move Set: Feint Attack, Aerial Ace, Round, Fury Swipes
Other: Zach's Soothe Bell is worn on a string around his neck.

Species: Zoroark
Item: Black Glasses
Move Set: Foul Play, Hone Claws, Shadow Ball, Fury Swipes

Species: Lycanroc (Midnight, Shiny)
Nickname: Lupin
Type: Rock
Ability: Keen Eye
Move Set: Crunch, Rock Slide, Reversal, Howl
Other: Lupin has the Soothe Bell around his neck like how Zach did as a Zorua, though the string is noticeably frayed.

Species: Bisharp
Nickname: Alastor
Type: Dark/Steel
Item: Wide Lens
Move Set: Iron Head, Night Slash, Guillotine, X-Scissor

Species: Houndoom
Nickname: Flare
Type: Dark/Fire
Item: Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire (Solar Power w/ Mega)
Move Set: Thunder Fang, Thief, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb
Other: Flare's Houndoominite is encased in a small silver charm around her neck.

Species: Hydreigon
Nickname: Ryuji
Type: Dark/Dragon
Item: Dragon Fang
Move Set: Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Heat Wave

Species: Meloetta
Nickname: Muse
Type: Normal/Psychic (Normal/Fighting in Pirouette Form)
Ability: Serene Grace
Move Set: Relic Song, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Dual Chop
Other: Muse has the Shell Bell at their hip.
He returns

I'm imagining a headcanon where Vincent brings out Meloetta in a fight, and all of a sudden, this starts playing:

PFTT!! I’m just imagining the enemy he’s fighting with Meloetta like “Why do I hear boss music?”

Meanwhile, I very much look forward to Violet challenging Vincent like all confident. Only for him to adopt his battle person and Violet is here like O-O

That would be a great thing to witness.

And Blitz quick question. Will Oliver's sister join the party or more or less be a side character?

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'LL EDIT THIS WITH MY FORM SOON.

1st edit: aww man, all my favorite legendaries are taken. i wanted Victini or Reshiram and both are taken...but i'll take a claim on Verizon Virizion and Genesect-those are my second favorite legendaries, mainly because of their movies. And _Graphite_ _Graphite_ , nice DMC reference for the whole of your character. To answer your question @scorpiodragon, yes pokemon are gonna be restricted to 4 moves each like in the games.
you know how i said I was gonna edit this post? aha...

Name: Evangeline Adel (Evaline for short)
Role: Part-time coordinator due to her father's profession, but is also a trainer due to her older sibling going on a journey.
Looks:
tumblr_nqxv0gVSMw1rogx6xo1_1280.png
Family: Her mother is pretty distant to the whole family and her whereabouts are pretty vague; Esmond Adel is an actor for Pokestar Studios and has a part-time job in a few actor corps in Nimbasa. Her older sibling, Oliver Adel, is currently in Sinnoh on a journey-Evaline misses them very much.
Home Region: Unova! (She was born in Nimbasa City, after a few years mother left)
Personality: Oh my god, Oliver rubbed off on Evangeline. Evaline is rather bubbly and outgoing to new people, seeing the best in pretty much everyone. Her excitement about seeing new places sometimes overpowers her quiet observations, and upon quickly realizing she gained attention Evaline kinda hides into herself out of nervousness. How to take her out of her sudden nervousness? Talk to her about anything relating to Pokestar Studios, or about Pokemon themselves, or places regarding Unova, and she'll be right back out of her nervous funk. In battle she can get a bit distracted and end up not focused on the fight, so it's a hit or miss opportunity.
Goal: To be like her father in the acting business, but also wants to meet and see new places across Unova.
Rival: None right now. (Open for plotting.)
Sexuality: Lesbian/Homosexual
Crush: Open for plotting.
Other: Aha, you know how I told you guys that Oliver had a little sibling? Hehe. Also Evangeline's battle theme is Old Battlefield from the Fire Emblem Awakening ost.

Pokemon Team
198067c8974d88c836073fbc19d961b0.jpg

Nickname: Penny
Type: 1607211820759.png1607211830448.png
Item: None
Ability: Overcoat
Move Set: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite, and Agility (passed on through breeding from a parent of Penny)
Other: Penny often hides in Evaline's little cape, but the little Sewaddle likes crawling around on everything to say hi.

tumblr_nqe1niKYYA1un95hzo1_1280.jpg

Type: 1607213855200.png1607213864885.png
Move Set: Fell Stinger, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, and Leaf Storm
Item: Grassium Z
Z-Move: Bloom Doom
Other: Penny dotes onto smaller Pokemon a lot, and even will hold them. Which includes Gabriel.

f2bf0895d1acc10765fb98d3a240ea41.jpg

Nickname: Gabriel
Type: 1607223414382.png1607223425125.png
Ability: Prankster
Move Set: Leech Seed, Cotton Guard, Substitute (from TM), and Moonblast
Item: Leftovers
Other: Incredibly proud of himself, and will shoot cotton at you if you disagree. Protective of his trainer (Evangeline) and will literally envelop her in cotton to do so.

1fe2a0f02b1307ad0cc37234615125ad.png

Nickname: Behemoth
Type: 1607224240109.png1607224250660.png
Ability: Solid Rock
Move Set: Rock Slide, Curse, Hydro Pump, and Shell Smash
Item: Weakness Policy
Other: Calm and collected, almost disinterested in most of everything. Food usually takes him out of his unfocused stupor.

Scrafty.600.1347770.jpg

Nickname: Nico
Type: 1607225362281.png1607225370826.png
Ability: Shed Skin
Move Set: Swagger, Crunch, High Jump Kick, and Head Smash
Other: "She's in her own little pocket dimension when in the van Poke-ball." Basically, Nico is a wild card and isn't afraid to tease other pokemon in Evangeline's party.

b8d4ffaefa304e35a50724d0de1f7dac.jpg

Nickname: Maverick
Type: 1607226824917.png1607226832377.png
Move Set: Aerial Ace, Slash, Air Slash, and Brave Bird
Item: Assault Vest
Other: He's insanely protective of Evaline, even with friends of the trainer. He almost seems...distant with the trainer outside of battle though, even when Evaline feeds him and gives him affection. It seems something happened to him as a Rufflet...and the many scars on his chest and face show it. (listening to Nuclear does something to you, man.)

TsaR.gif

Nickname: N/A
Type: 1607219489331.png1607219502312.png
Item: None. (Unless given the Shock/Burn/Chill/Douse Drive)
Ability: Download
Move Set: Bug Buzz, Zap Cannon, Lock-On, and Techno Blast
Other: A rather shy Genesect, unlike their "brothers", who are pretty serious or no-nonsense under the lead of the Red Genesect. This Genesect is curious and rather friendly and aloof if you show them that you're no threat.

Last edited:
*in the background*

Nero: suck it up princess and fight!
Violet: I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU LIZARD BREATH!

you know how i said I was gonna edit this post? aha...

Name: Evangeline Adel (Evaline for short)
Role: Part-time coordinator due to her father's profession, but is also a trainer due to her older sibling going on a journey.
Looks:
tumblr_nqxv0gVSMw1rogx6xo1_1280.png
Family: Her mother is pretty distant to the whole family and her whereabouts are pretty vague; Esmond Adel is an actor for Pokestar Studios and has a part-time job in a few actor corps in Nimbasa. Her older sibling, Oliver Adel, is currently in Sinnoh on a journey-Evaline misses them very much.
Home Region: Unova! (She was born in Nimbasa City, after a few years mother left)
Personality: Oh my god, Oliver rubbed off on Evangeline. Evaline is rather bubbly and outgoing to new people, seeing the best in pretty much everyone. Her excitement about seeing new places sometimes overpowers her quiet observations, and upon quickly realizing she gained attention Evaline kinda hides into herself out of nervousness. How to take her out of her sudden nervousness? Talk to her about anything relating to Pokestar Studios, or about Pokemon themselves, or places recarding Unova, and she'll be right back out of her nervous funk. In battle she can get a bit distracted and end up not focused on the fight, so it's a hit or miss opportunity.
Goal: To be like her father in the acting business, but also wants to meet and see new places across Unova.
Rival: None right now. (Open for plotting.)
Sexuality: Lesbian/Homosexual
Crush: Open for plotting.
Other: Aha, you know how I told you guys that Oliver had a little sibling? Hehe.

Pokemon Team
198067c8974d88c836073fbc19d961b0.jpg

Type: View attachment 816058View attachment 816059
Move Set: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite, and Agility (passed on through breeding from a parent of Penny)
Other: Penny often hides in Evaline's little cape, but the little Sewaddle likes crawling around on everything to say hi.

tumblr_nqe1niKYYA1un95hzo1_1280.jpg

Type:
Mega Ability: If Available
Move Set:
Z-Move: if available
Other:

Species:
Nickname: Optional
Type:
Move Set:
Other:

Species:
Type:
Move Set:
Other:

Species:
Type:
Move Set:
Other:

Species:
Type:
Move Set:
Other:

Species:
Type:
Move Set:
Other:
le gasp A cinnamon roll! She deserves world

ea98f34670ae2eae638407fb75ba2391.jpg

Name: Zephyr

Family: Morty-Father
Lilah- (late mother)

Home Region: Johto

Personality: Zephyr is a calm and collected soul with a gothic lifestyle seeing as it suits her future of becoming a ghost type gym leader. She's quite interested in the lores within the realm of pokemon much like her father is fixated on the burned ruins of Johto's tower where Ho-oh first appeared. It is at the site where she became interested in knowing the history and thus started her adventure as a pokemon trainer. At first hand, Zephyr may seem as though she is uninterested but it's merely her permanent expression. She is capable of smiling like any human being. She has slightly dark humor than most given to her by her late mother. She believes in spirits to the point where she can one day see her or is watching over her before every and during every battle. She has an act to stand in a moment of silence before a battle as a respect to her mother. The topic itself is a touchy one but can bluntly say "she died" and end the story there. Yes she's also a superstitious type that can come off as odd.

Goal: Follow in her father's footsteps by becoming a ghost-type gym leader, showing the world ghosts are not as scary as they seem, and learn about pokemon lore

Rival: None

Sexuality: Bisexual

Crush: None

Pokemon Team
STARTER

27cabb9c79588b172659a6dc05f95681.png
Species: Duskull

Nickname: Grimm

Type: Ghost

Move Set: Future sight, Confuse ray, Disable, Shadow ball

Other: Grimm often frightens people but he's actually the sweetest pokemon​
dusknoir-pok-mon-black-2-and-white-2-pok-mon-vrste-duskull-png-favpng-Np5mjbR0bpfR7devK3kZDWvt...jpg
Species: Dusknoir
Nickname: Grimm
Type: Ghost
Learn set: Future sight, Confuse ray, Disable, Shadow ball

froslass-pok-mon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-yuki-onna-the-pok-mon-company-png-favpng-9FXUdj...jpg
Species: Froslass
Type: Ice/Ghost-type
Ability: Snow Cloak
Learn set: Protect, Draining kiss, Shadow ball, blizzard

pokemon-black-white-pokemon-the-movie-black—victini-and-reshiram-and-white—victini-and-zekrom-...jpg
Species: Zekrom
Type: Dragon/Electric-type
Ability: Teravolt
Learn set: Thunder bolt, Dragon breath, Dragon claw, Thunder fang

chandelure-purple-lamp-png-clipart-thumbnail.jpg
Species: Chandelure
Type: Ghost/ fire-type
Ability: Flame body
Learn set: Flamethrower (will start with ember before upgrading), Will-o-wisp, imprison, Fire spin

221-2212298_mega-sableye-by-alounea-on-deviantart-pokemon-pinterest.jpg
Species: Sableeye
Type: Ghost/Dark-type
Mega: Mega Sableye
Ability: Prankster
Learn set: Nightshade, Shadow ball, Shadow claw, detect
Other: Sableye is much of a hyperactive, prankster yet in combat he's cooperative and eager to battle. He's possibly the first pokemon on Zeph's team to advance quickly

439-4396216_transparent-decidueye-png-rowlet-pokemon-evolution-chart-png.png
Species: Decidueye
Type: Ghost/Grass-type
Ability: Overgrow
Learn set: Razor leaf, Spirit Shackle, Phantom Force, steel wing

Zephyr's Theme:

Last edited:

Name: Zephyr

Family: Morty-Father
Lilah- Mother

Home Region: Johto

Personality:

Goal: Follow in her father's footsteps by becoming a ghost-type gym leader, showing the world ghosts are not as scary as they seem, and learn about pokemon lore

Rival: None

Sexuality: Hetero

Crush: None

Pokemon Team
STARTER
Species: (name or picture)
Type:
Ability:
Move Set:
Other: List any accessories or any notable features your Pokemon may have

FUTURE TEAM
(Please fill out one for each of your characters Pokemon. Up to 6 including your starter Pokemons final form)
Species:
Type:
Move Set:
Other:
Ooh! A ghost type specialist! With Violet being secretly afraid of ghost types, I look forward to seeing how these girls interact!

me, looking at all 800+ pokemon: I shouldn't use all Unova pokemon. I shouldn't use all Unova pokemon. I shouldn't use all Unova pokemon. I shouldn't use all Unova pokemon. I shouldn't use-
*makes every single pokemon on Evaline's team a Unova pokemon because Unova is my favorite goddamn region*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back