• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Class Arms (Dark Fantasy Isekai RP)

GummyWorm

Old Member
Tamaki (tamaki_illust).jpg
(Artist: Tamaki)​

THE SYNOPSIS

Beyond our realm of understanding there exists many worlds traveled by many lives, each story unique, but not unfamiliar. A story of love and hate, of greed and charity... and of old and new. You are a student at Aria Academy, a three-story private campus looking over the coast of the Pacific Ocean in the year 2032. Perhaps you were recommended after excelling in your studies, or perhaps your well-off family simply bought you a seat in one of their classrooms. However...

On February 14th -- Valentine's Day -- your entire school was mysteriously transported to another world. Two dorm buildings. A main school building. A gym and indoor pool. A library. All of these have been unceremoniously moved by some supernatural force, deep in the middle of a forest clearing. Moroi is your new home now.

To begin, one must dispel the assumptions of their environment. The world of Moroi is wild and untamed, rife with fantastical creatures both curious and deadly in equal measure. You are a mere human, with no secret powers or guardians -- one wrong move and you are dead. Villages lie nestled sparsely throughout the forest, but the nearest large city is days away - the human commune of Verstad, vanguard to an empire in the midst of defending itself from foreign conquest. With no means of your defending yourself, you find it may be wise to get on their good side, lest your journey in this new world end as quickly as it had started.

And, though the denizens of Moroi don't know it yet, your school -- and others like it -- are about to become the biggest hotbeds of conflicts this world has ever known: The origin of your departure from Earth, the Angelstone. Recorded only in legend, it is said to bestow great powers to those it deems worthy. This is the one and only weapon your school has at its disposal, but of course, it must first be found before its gift can be appreciated.

Thus begins your story; a fight for survival and independence in this strange, hostile world of magic and wonder.

Chitose Rin.jpg
(Artist: Chitose Rin)​

THE WORLD

M
oroi is a fantasy world separated by three major continents: Arastor of the west, Lunae of the east, and Conova of the south. You are in the heart of Arastor's landmass, well within the territory of Diogene Empire. Here, practices such as feudalism, slavery, and spellcraft are all commonplace; a far cry from the reality you are familiar with. Currently, Diogene is at war with the kingdom of Yucarna; a defensive war meant to shield itself from its rapidly growing path to conquest.

[ Races ]
Humans: Your run of the mill humans. This is you, for now.

Demihumans: Demihumans come in all shapes and sizes, namely the beastfolk who possess animalistic features. There are certain distinctly classified branches even amongst the beastfolk, such as the boar-adjacent 'orcs' and the lizard-adjacent 'kobolds', but such classifications are social rather than scientific, carrying their own historical baggage behind the name.

Fae: The fae are winged humanoids that closely resemble humans in size and appearance. Unlike humans who must learn magic via outside sources and mentorship, the fae are able to cast magic naturally from birth.

Familiars: Familiars are simply animals with the added traits of being intelligent enough to speak, frequently coupled with magical aptitude.

Dragons: Dragons are towering humanoids with evident reptilian features, known for their armored scales, powers of flight, and their legendary elemental breath attacks. They are feared and respected when they are seen, and are very commonly found holding high positions of power. There are greater, beast-like variants known as 'arch dragons' that more typically resemble the classic dragon -- though they often have trouble intermingling with society, causing them to keep to themselves or lord over domains they have claimed as their territory.

Angels: Not true angels, but rather those seen as being chosen by the divine power of the Angelstone; normally one must struggle for years to attain strength or mastery of magic, but these unique individuals are instantaneously gifted with such feats. One is not born an angel, but instead blessed with angeldom upon contact with one of these sacred artifacts. They are recognized by the magical brand prominent upon their flesh.

[ Major Gods ]
Cyrel, God of the Crown: A deity that values order, discipline, and the hierarchy. As the judge of kings, disrespecting or disobeying a superior is sacrilege.

Venaht, Goddess of War: A deity that venerates the glory of battle and strong wills. As the icon of battle, deserting your peers or refusing duels is sacrilege.

Mian, Goddess of the Harvest: A deity that nurtures the land and those who live within it. As the herald of cycles, wasting food and hunted game is sacrilege.

Rasheed, God of the Arcane: A deity that seeks to push the power and ingenuity of the mortal soul to its limits. As the seeker of knowledge, lying is sacrilege.

[ Magic ]
Blessing / Curse: A mortal is able to make a covenant with any deity once they reach the age of 16. In exchange for following their sacred laws, they are blessed with a unique power that will help them achieve their goals. However, this covenant lasts a life time, and will have serious consequences should it ever be dishonored. A blessing becomes a curse if the covenant is ever broken. It is similar to a blessing, but comes with one or more major harmful side-effects. A cursed skill will harm the victim even when it is not actively being used, but the effects can be mitigated through certain rituals or items.

Arcana: Magic that can be learned is called arcana. By developing verbal, mental, or inscribed shorthand for symbols that invoke power, one is able to access their latent magical connection with their surroundings in order to produce a spell of their desired effect. Though it is approached as a science of sorts, it is not unheard of for some to practice and master arcana by simply 'feeling it out', though prerequisite knowledge is still required.

Aura: Magic that occurs naturally is called aura. Fae, familiars, dragons, and angels are all able to wield aura in some capacity.

Feel free to ask any questions here!

Last edited:
I find this to be fairly interesting! It'll be neat to see a group of people trying to last in an unfamiliar, and much more unforgiving, world.

Question though, is it possible to play as a teacher? Well, former teacher.

Ayren Ayren hm ideally i would say wait until later to introduce a native character, but if you really want to then i suppose its fine
though there are some... plot shenanigans so itd be good to check in with your character concept first to see if they work out, or maybe we can have a special role for your character

This seems interesting, but I got one question, would people like on-site school security guards would also be there or none are stationed at all, and this, not brought into the new world.

GummyWorm GummyWorm I know that this might be a dumb question and all.... but I’m wondering what would the standard equipment for the Security personal, would they be given nothing on their job, or would they have either a baton and stun gun or an actual ballistic firearm. Just need to clarify something before starting on my character sheet

Not sure if everyone saw, but my 2nd post is a link to the CS
I think I'd ideally like to start after 6 or so people have made characters (not including mine)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back