• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Eloheim

March 25th, 4000 BC

Lek-tek eyed Davit suspiciously and then reached inside a pouch located on his belt. Lek-tek then presented to Davit a wad of green earthy mushrooms with white tendrils poking from the cap. They were carefully wrapped in leaf covers and tied gently with plant fiber.

“Mushroom of the gods, human. Consume with mouth and breath in smoke. Also help if you sacrifice animals or food. Then maybe speak to spirits. Sometimes work. Sometimes it doesn't. “

Lek-tek looked more reasonable now that Davit wasn’t questioning their piety to the spirits and didn’t attempt to lay claim to the Titan Bone. Lek-tek turned to one of his companions and quick shushed conversations ensued for a minute. Then it appeared they came to a conclusion.

Lek-tek stepped closer to Davit until he was within arm’s reach. Davit tensed, ready to run or fight in case Lek-tek was attempting trickery. However, Davit had a gut feeling Lek-tek genuinely was interested in sharing his mushrooms with the Eloheim and wanted everyone to meet the spirits.

“Take some Mushroom of the Gods now. Free gift for humans. Come back later for larger trade if want. As long as human don’t touch Titan Bone, Followers of Hetek don’t fight. Take mushroom see gods as Lek-tek does, as the Followers of Hetek do. Open mind”

Lek-tek removed his pouch and tossed it to Davit, who caught it expertly with one hand. He kept his other hand on his Taiaha as a backup however. The Drakin made no moves to attack and began walking back to his allies. Then he turned back to look at Davit.

“First time very scary. Great Spirits are terrifying. Have people around to take care of body, while mind flies to faraway.”

April 2nd, 4000 BC

Iskur and his three companions moved swiftly through the forest. At his side was Balkir, Poltoo, and another fresh Eloheim hunter. Iskur’s group was well-supplied this time and didn’t have to waste much time foraging for food. After a brief rest at Endor and some time to draw the maps for his cousin, Iskur's group went on their trip.

The trip took them past Sectine Settlement, which from Rayal, they learned was named Moktai. It was a Sectine word for “Conquered Tree”. Navigating around Moktai was dangerous as patrols of Beetle Guard combed through the nearby forest. It seemed their security had been amped up after the stolen slaves. Luckily, Iskur only skirted around the edge of Moktai, and managed to stealthily maneuver around any fights.

It took considerable time for them to eventually find the trail of the dispatched Sectine. It was weeks old, but it was no easy task to hide their tracks. Especially with their considerable numbers. So they trailed after the tracks which seemed to follow the edge of the nearby lake.
After days of following the Sectine party, the group encountered a site of interest.

Three Sectine corpses were scattered across the forest floor. Each appears to die from stab wounds. Their equipment was stripped away and they were naked, left to stare far above them. Already, scavengers were harvesting the dead meat. They also found a splatter of blood next to a tree, and signs that the body was dragged away. It looked as if the Sectine had killed someone, and then took the killed foe for whatever reason.

Iskur leaned over to inspect a tree. An arrowhead was embedded into it, with the shaft broken off in the underbrush. He yanked it out and turned it in his hands. It looked remarkably similar to Poltoo’s arrowheads, like all the Swift Flight arrowheads. Poltoo was visibly excited at the prospect of meeting and finding members of the Swift Flight clan. However, something nagged at Iskur about the arrows. He traced the direction of the shot, and it looked as if the Sectine was shooting the arrows from the trail toward the forest. Which was strange since the Sectine so far haven’t had any visible bowmen. Iskur kept quiet about his thoughts, and let Poltoo talk joyously about his old Swift Flight friends.

After that initial discovery, they found two more places where similar small skirmishes took place along the trail. More arrowheads were found and more Sectine corpses. It seemed that the Sectine made many enemies.

However, after many days of travel, they finally came to the Sectine Warparty. It was a grisly scene to behold.

A sprawling mass of campfires and tents surrounded a walled settlement adjacent to the lake. Hundreds of Sectine and a scattering of humans made their homes outside of projectile range of the settlement. Patrols of Sectine guards wandered the perimeter and outskirts of their camp to ensure no one entered the settlement.

Iskur and Poltoo looked at each other, expressions grim at the sight of another settlement under siege. It would take days for them to get back to Endor and by then, the settlement might already be taken. The group didn’t have a great vantage point this time, and getting closer proved to be difficult since there was so much security.

The settlement was much smaller than Endor and looked like it had once been surrounded by crops. However, the Valakei are now occupying that farmland. On the lake, several fishing boats could be seen. The walls stood taller than the buildings, so no other details could be discerned except one. A large wooden tower seemed to rise from the center of the settlement. Squinting, figures could be seen walking about in the tower. It was too far away, so Iskur focused on the siege camp instead.

As Iskur observed the siege camp, he noticed two Khates walking and talking amongst the Sectine. They were unguarded and were casually eating a meal together. Both had bows slung across their back along with a full quiver of arrows.

A pit began to grow in Iskur’s stomach as the realization sunk in. The Valakei Queendom also had Khates of their own. Whether they were Swift Flight or not, Iskur didn’t know, but the idea of fighting Poltoo’s people unnerved him.

April 12th, 4000 BC

Hadid watched the Eloheim soldiers train. The number had ballooned up to a full 150 with extra volunteers joining. The soldiers practiced their spearwork on wooden practice dummies. They were already sweating underneath the sweltering sun. More than half of them had forgone their shirts to be bare chested. A few younger boys help distribute water to the training men.

Talapoo was also present and was shouting instructions on how to use the Taiaha. A dozen men were laid on the grass sweating profusely with light bumps surrounding Talapoo. Hadid inwardly grinned at the sight, he knew firsthand how harsh Talapoo could be. And it was nice to see his pain shared amongst the other in the Eloheim.

Ralagaa, the Swift Flight clan’s greatest marksman, kindly poked and prodded at several archers shooting at targets, correcting their form. Arrows were scattered into the trees wildly with only a few hitting the target tree. However, some of the Eloheim were slowly becoming proficient with the bow and were on their way to becoming an expert shot. Ralagaa teaching was the complete opposite of Talapoo’s style.

Hadid smiled at his work at organizing such an excellent training regime and placed his hands on his hip. He looked at Talapoo for a moment and was about to wander over, but a tap on his shoulder halted him. Hadid turned around to see Redia’s face.

“Looks like training is going well,” commented Redia as she also surveyed the training ground.

“I think I’m doing a pretty good job of it. I’m having everyone familiarize themselves with the various weapons and equipment we have. And every few days, Argos brings us some Swift Flight warriors to spar with. Its so helpful learning to fight in a group like that and against a different foe,” explained Hadid excitedly. While he did enjoy hunting, this type of work really called to him. And there was so much to learn and so much to improve. Even a group of ten Swift Flight warriors were a difficult match with Eloheim holding superior numbers. They won some practice fights, but not without sustaining significant losses.

“Wow, I didn’t realize you were so clever,” said Redia while playfully punching his arm.

“I think being around you helped a lot,” Hadid grinned.

“Thanks! Spiders are growing great aswell! They’re learning a lot, but they’re sleeping right now. I’d say after several more months they’d be big enough to ride on. They’ll probably still be growing, but they’d be large enough for the smaller Eloheim. Also, Jumpy’s leading the pack in terms of cleverness,” bragged Redia proudly.

“I think that’s my cleverness rubbing off him”, Hadid joked.

“He does try to eat my pants sometimes, so that looks to be true,” retorted Redia.

“I didn’t say that was a good thing.”

“So have you thought about how to organize the Eloheim Royal Cohort?” questioned Redia. She was watching some of the archers fire off arrows at the targets in admiration. If it weren’t for her duties, she would have easily gone to learn archery.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, not everyone can do everything right? It’ll take too long for everyone to learn every skill, so you’ll have to assign specific roles to specific people. In an ideal world, every Eloheim soldier would be able to use the Taiaha for skirmishing, bows for range combat, and the spear and shield for open field fighting. But we only have a short amount of time, so we should make everyone an expert in one weapon with only cursory knowledge in others,” explained Redia.

“Yeah I’ve been thinking about something similar. I’ve spent time teaching everyone moderate knowledge in all the weapons to see if anything strikes their fancy. But three individual groups will need to be formed: an Archer Group, an Taiaha Skirmish Group, and a Spear and Shield Group.” A loud crack sounded near Talapoo’s area and a human fell roughly to the ground. Talapoo held out his Taiaha to help the fallen trainee up. Then they went back to sparring.

“Who’s going to be in what? How are you going to divide them?”

“The Taiaha is good for individual combat. A spear and shield user would have difficulty fighting someone using the Taiaha. However, in a formation the spear and shield user has the advantage. The weakness of this is the spear and shield user becomes far less mobile. Since we’re going to be raiding, I reckon we would want many using the Taiaha and archers to support them. But we also want people using spear and shield in case the Sectine come for Endor. If they come, we’ll have to fight them head on or….I don’t know.”

Redia patted him on the shoulder comfortingly, “Don’t worry once we have giant spiders, we’ll win the day for sure”

Endor Regional Map
Endor Regional Map.jpg

Moktai (Valakei Settlement)
Moktai.jpg

March 28th, 4000 BC

"Glory upon you, Huntsmaster. While the situation may not be ideal... it could be much worse. A war with these Drakin on top of the Queendom would be a disaster. Yet, despite losing our source of Titan Bone, we have obtained something even greater, a means to speak with the Great Spirits." Ba'al said as he inspected these curious looking mushrooms that the Drakin provided. Yet with war looming... Ba'al had many meetings and much planning to do. While he was the one to inherit the divine providence of El, Ba'al wasn't certain if taking the mushrooms would be a good idea as the mushrooms could leave him in a trance for days according to the Elders and herbalists. Days that could be spent further planning the war. It was then that someone in the Great Hall broke the silence and grabbed Ba'al's attention. "Brother, let me speak to the Great Spirits on your behalf. El's blood flows through me as well, and you have too many obligations to the people." Rhea spoke up from his side.

Ba'al frowned slightly and said "My dear Sister, a spirit journey is not... a simple journey. You will feel the world around you become strange and foreign, unraveling on the way to the spirit world. There are even some who do not return fully... I would not dare ask you to take such a risk." Rhea retorted "Good, you don't have to. I will do it out of my own free will. You inherited the responsibility to lead our people. Do not anger the Gods by carelessly abandoning your duty in order to go on a spirit journey." Ba'al bit his lower lip slightly as he found himself dug into a deeper hole. "I... I... very well. Rhea, honor us and meet the Great Spirits. Visit the weavers so that you may be clad in our finest spider silk robes in order to meet the Great Spirits. Have them provide some extra bolts of silk as an offering to the Great Spirits. We may not have many riches, but what luxuries we do have we will share with the Gods. Mother will care for your physical body while you're on your journey... and begin your journey in the Shrine Room."

Rhea nodded, understanding the significance of Ba'al's orders, especially the Shrine Room. The Shrine Room was a small room in the Great Hall that contained a small shrine or monument that marks the exact location upon which El declared the Great Exodus had ended and that they had arrived at the promised lands as given by the Great Spirits. It was as close to a holy site that the Eloheim people had without the Gods themselves declaring a piece of land sacred. With much preparation needed to be done, Rhea took her departure.

---

The three brothers were called to the Great Hall. They had a couple of days to rest and recover from their journey and injuries, but the Council needed more information from them. Ba'al spoke to the brothers and said "Honored guests, I've called upon you today as the Council has many questions regarding Moktai and the Queendom. While this may take a while, I hope that you will carefully and thoroughly answer all the questions that they ask." Ba'al then nodded to Elder Saul who then began to speak "What are the daily routine of the slaves and freed humans like? Do they all speak Eloheim like you three do? How do you know our language? Can we potentially blend in with the freed humans by sneaking in? Would the Sectine be able to tell the difference between freed humans and us? Do the Sectine understand and speak human-speech? How did you and your people become slaves of the Queendom?"

---

Later that day, as the sun was beginning to slowly set, Rhea sat before the shrine with the mushrooms of the Gods in her hands. The golden rays of sunlight pierced through a small opening in the roof, illuminating the shrine room in a gentle amber. Rhea had just washed herself and wore a clean, simple set of ceremonial white silk robes. The offerings of silk sat around her while a bowl of burning embers sat directly in front of her. Rhea looked behind to see the concerned look of her mother. Rhea silently smiled in reassurance before looking back towards the bowl. She looked down at the curious mushrooms and gently picked up some of stems. She placed them into the bowl of embers and watched as they slowly crumbled in the heat and began to burn. As the smoke rose, she consumed the rest of the mushrooms and inhaled deeply to breath in the smoke. Then she closed her eyes and began to pray. At first, she didn't notice nor feel anything. Moments passed by and she began to worry if the mushrooms were simply duds. Nothing was happening other than the room beginning to feel a bit stuffy. As time continued, she began to feel uncomfortably warm, almost to the point where she thought she would start sweating. Then, a wave of nausea hit her. She began to panic slightly and wondered if the mushrooms were a trick made up by the Drakin to poison one of the Eloheim. It was then that she finally opened her eyes the embers before her seemed to be sucking her in like a whirlpool. The gentle flames seemingly beckoning her closer. Rhea stopped blinking and allowed her gaze to be consumed by the embers... as darkness and light danced before her very eyes.

---

April 2nd, 4000 BC

Iskur cursed their misfortune. Not only did the Queendom have human auxiliaries, but they also had Khates who seemed to be working with them as well. Iskur didn't know if the Khates were former slaves or if they still had Khate slaves, but the information was alarming. They had spent days watching Moktai and didn't notice any signs of Khates. In addition, the settlement seemed to be heavily besieged. Sieges were costly... in terms of manpower, supplies, and time. Truly, a testament to the power of the Queendom and it's ability to project power in the region. There was no way to gain more information unless they were able to get closer... Iskur looked to Poltoo and asked "Any good at swiming?" Poltoo replied "Khate good swimmer, but still hate water. Ever get fur clothes wet? That is why Khate hate water. Whole body become wet fur." Balkir spoke up "Are you really going to try and swim into the settlement? You're going to stand out like a sore thumb!" Iskur smiled and said "Call me crazy, but I have a plan. You two stay back. We'll regroup to the west in 36 hours. If we're not back by then, head back to Endor and tell them what we saw here." Balkir looked concerned and spoke "I'm not going to be able to talk you out of this one... will I?" Iskur smiled with a shit eating grin and said "If Hadid never managed to, talk me out of anything then I don't think there's anyone in the world who could."

With that Iskur nodded towards Poltoo and began slowly heading towards the lake. At the edge of the water, Iskur began walked towards some reeds. He plucked them from the edge of the lake and began cutting them into 2 feet long pieces. He handed Poltoo one and said "We're going to slowly creep up along the shallow part of the lake. Once we're close to the enemy siege camps, we're going to sink down and use these to breath while we keep walking on the lake bed until we get to the settlement." Poltoo gave Iskur an incredulous look and said "Swift Flight clan will be surprised. Khate swim for honor? Very rare." Iskur replied "Well, it'll be a good story to tell to your friends back home." as he began to slowly wad into the lake.

---

April 12th, 4000 BC

Hadid had a meeting with the Council later in the day to report on the progress. However, after giving his report, he spoke up "King Ba'al... it's come to my attention that we should have the soldiers focus on one form of combat so that they may specialize. However, with only 150 professional soldiers... we cannot have a significant number of any units if we split them... Taiaha Shock Soldiers, Spearwall Soldiers, and Archers. There's not enough of us to go around. What do you believe is our best course of action?" Ba'al looked at Hadid and then spoke up "Elder Saul, today is April 12th, is it not?" The Elder spoke up "Yes, your majesty." "Then the spring planting season is almost over if not already over. Farmers will be spending time on more miscellaneous tasks or working as hired laborers to keep themselves busy. Elder Saul, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Eloheim in our ancient past, often fight wars during the summer as the people could be drafted as conscripts and earn extra payment as temporary soldiers since the farms did not need to be heavily tended to until fall?" "Yes, your Majesty."

Ba'al then looked to Hadid and said "Then I hereby decree that all adults, who are not soldiers, of age up until their 60th year, must practice archery for at least two hours a week in order to be able to serve the people in our darkest days. Hadid, coordinate with Ralagaa and your best archers to organize time slots for people to be able to receive archery training. Come summer, they will be your archers, so teach them well. Your soldiers will focus training mainly with the spear and shield, though a portion should be trained with the Taiaha. A core group of 100 Spearmen and an auxiliary group of 50 Taiaha Shock Soldiers seems to be an appropriate proportion. It is tougher to teach discipline and coordination to a group than it is to teach individual combat skills, so your men should focus on being the solid back bone upon which the Eloheim can rely on and support in combat. Also, be sure to be stockpiling any excess fats, oils, and fabrics... really anything that burns. We will need them."

The Marborette Tribe

January 7th, 4000 BC

Hecr fiddled with his dagger as Rena and Yure told their story of the batmen living in a cave. He twirled it across his fingers and let it danced on his palm. At the mention of a Great Spirit Made Flesh, he paused briefly before continuing to move with his dagger. Some saw his movements with his dagger as distracting or impolite. But Hecr saw it as relaxing to have his hands play about, while his mind focuses on the tasks. Otherwise, he would jitter his feet or his mind would try to wander.

Hecr glanced at Chieftain Grek to gauge his reaction and then turned back to the pair. The story was pure insanity of course, but he fully trusted Rena to tell the truth. His thoughts mulled over the tale.

“The Blackrot Mushroom would make us much more powerful. It is an invaluable asset. However, the entire situation unnerves me,” said Hecr.

“The Shamans should be able to banish the spirit, our ancestors in the past have taught us rituals to do so. But none of us have ever done so. So we’ll be performing an untested ritual on a powerful and dangerous spirit. Risky business.” Hecr shook his head.

“I am no warrior, but the fighting in a cavern also seems particularly dangerous. Cramp conditions. No light. Unknown map. Also, who says these batmen speak truth? Perhap they lure us to kill us for their master. Unless the paradigm changes, I don’t see this as a particularly advantageous situation,” explained Hecr.

Rena spoke up after Hecr, “Maybe you’re just afraid of the dark. Yure and I just wandered in there and it was super easy! This is easy as stealing a toy from a child! Just think of the Blackrot Mushroom!”

Yure looked like he was about to butt in at the “super easy” comment but Rena clamped her hand down on his mouth before he could speak.

January 25th, 4000 BC

Barr stared at her feet for a moment, then came to a decision. “The Necrohandlers can supply the blood if you wish. The sarcophagus looks to be locked with magic, so it might not even open with physical force.”

Jude stared at the stone guardians who eerily stared at him back. While every nerve in his body was telling him to get out of this place, the treasure was just too great. Going out the hunt a magical animal would take some time, and Jude had a feeling the Loi sisters weren’t going to keep their mouth shut on the location of this tomb. Although, he could also see why they didn't want to investigate it any further. The next time they come to the tomb, someone else might free King Lotang and they would lose their boon.

Heka in the meanwhile was making plans and spoke up, “This chamber has four entrances leading to it. North, West, South, and East. There’s only eight statues present in this chamber. If we barricade the hallways to slow down the other statues. We’ll only have to fight the central chamber statues. And we’ll only have to slow them down until we fully open King Lotang and free him. We don’t have to fight them all.”

Jude looked utterly horrified at the idea, “You mean trap ourselves in this chamber with no way out? That’s insane.”

“Unless you have a better idea?” Heka retorted, annoyed at Jude’s cowardice.

January 26th, 4000 BC

A ruined human village was the home of Eye-snatcher and his ilk. All the buildings were made to human proportions, but not a single human soul was spotted. Everywhere, there were signs of battle. Torn fabric was scattered across the grass. Broken spears were splintered against houses. And foul blood was mixed with muddy water.

Lukk, one of Fera’s hunters, moved ahead of the group to investigate the situation. Armed with only his spear and knife, he stealthily approached the village. His eyes skimmed across the area, but nothing seemed amiss. Other than the destruction of course.

“I get all the good luck,” Lukk muttered as he crouched near a broken cartwheel. A massive footstep was embedded into the ground. Six toes and big enough for Lukk to lay down to sleep in.

“Must be a really fat goblin.” Lukk joked quietly to himself. Fear clawed at him, so he did what he could to keep it away. And he found that if he could laugh at it, that fear seemed a lot less large.

Lukk paused for a moment to look about, to see if his instincts were telling him something was amiss. But once again, nothing happened. Silently, he wished for something to happen so he could either run away from it or try to fight it. He hated not knowing what was happening.

“Let’s go find some giants.”

With a deep breath, Lukk moved deeper into the village. He crouched near houses and peeked inside them. No signs of human life. However, there were upturned chairs and signs of a rush. Something made these people want to hurry. He looked in several houses and they all shared the same characteristics. Once again, Lukk’s imagination began to run wild at the thought of giants eating people.

“Maybe there was a trader with very good deals.” Lukk whispered to himself and then kept moving closer to the town center.

He stopped suddenly and then sniffed the air. It was the smell of cooking meat. Lukk followed his nose and eventually found the source at the center of the village.

Nine giants were lounging about the village center. Each as tall as a Toe-eater. And Lukk stood roughly to Toe-eater’s knees. All were cloaked in heavy thick furs and had a heavy wooden club that looked to be carved from a tree. They spoke in some foreign language to each other that sounded like rocks bashing together.

The source of the smell was easy to identify. Three humans were skewered on a large wooden stick and spitroasted across a bonfire. A giant nearby was casually rotating the humans to ensure they were well cooked. And another giant was chewing on an arm as he chatted to the chef giant. Lukk turned more green at the sight.

Lukk ducked into a nearby house for cover. Slowly, he counted and made a few jokes for himself to calm himself down. After a moment, he poked a part of his head out to observe the scene.

He then noticed something interesting. One of the larger houses had several people in it. They looked absolutely terrified. They appeared to be tied up and were prisoners, perhaps to serve as fresh food? But how were they tied up? Then the answer became clear.

A human was walking amongst the giants and spoke to one of the giants. Without a doubt, Lukk could tell that this particular giant was Eye-snatcher. A crown of black moldy hair sat upon the giant’s head. It fell low to his shoulders in a wild chaotic mane. His beard also fell low to his belly and swayed as Eye-snatcher moved about. A singular eye was badly scarred on Eye-snatcher’s face and was closed.

The human was wearing a motley patched cloak and appeared to be somewhat friendly with the giants. This was curious news. The human eventually walked away from Eye-snatcher and toward a different area. Lukk followed the human along a parallel path, making sure to avoid the giants.

The human finally arrived at a large fenced off region of land. Hundreds of sheep were happily grazing in the area, oblivious to the carnage in the village. The human sat down on a stump of a tree and watched the sheep. Lukk looked about and saw no further guards of any description. Interesting….

Lukk retreated back to inform Fera of his findings. Perhaps she’ll know what to do about this situation.

The Eloheim

March 18, 4000 BC

Hours passed by in moments. And moments passed by in hours. Rhea felt the mushrooms overtake her mind and her consciousness swam forth. No longer was she bound by the shackles of flesh and bone. No longer was her senses confounded to the physical world. She could see the world in greater detail. She could feel the essence of every living thing from the wild beating hearts of the humans to the gentle pitter-patter of a lowly caterpillar. She felt the threads of life that connected every soul.

It was like opening her eyes for the first time. How could she be so blind to the world? How she wished everyone could see the world as she did. There was ecstasy in this clarity. Tears streamed down her physical body as her spirit experienced such brilliant joy. If she spent a thousand years in this state, it would be too short.

Her existence was on another plane of reality, where nothing was held down by physical features. This was a world of a million glimmering lights against a black milky backdrop. She twirled and flew through this strange reality like a free-spirited child, letting the winds of the realm guide her.

Eventually she found her way. Or it found its way to her. Either way, she stood in front of an immense creature. Instantly, she knew it was exactly what she was looking for.

A powerful earth spirit, what the Drakin call “Hetek”, stood before her. It held the shape of an immense willow tree. Gnarled roots sprayed outward and its branches drooped overhead. Dozens of heads were carved into the bitter tree’s trunk. A different expression was emblazoned upon each of the heads. One expressed joy. Another expressed misery. They weren’t all human heads either, they were of all the races. Each head turned its attention upon her. Under the weight of their gaze, she felt her spirit shrink and consciousness began to burn. It was like staring directly at the sun, but with her mind. A spear of pain ripped through her.

In the physical world, she threw up over herself. Her mother worriedly moved to help her. Her mother gave a shriek of panic as she noticed one of Rena’s hands began to grow more gnarled and woodlike. Bark began to grow out of her skin and began coating Rena’s forearms. Her fingers elongated dramatically, appearing like sticks on a branch. Tiny sprouts of leaves leaped forth along the bark.

Rena, bowed her head in the spirit world and went to her knees to avoid the mighty power of the great earth spirit. Slowly, the massive power of the spirit turned away from her. After she no longer felt pain, she looked upward.

Only a singular head of Hetek looked upon her. It was a somber human with black hair. However, on closer inspection, it looked more alien. Like someone was pretending to be human or it was a particularly life-like human mask. It deeply unnerved her.

“I am a Spirit of the Earth, some call me Hetek. Why do you call me child? You, who comes as a beggar without gifts?”

-----

Rayal spoke for the brothers, “The majority of the human slaves are from the original settlement that lived in Moktai. My brothers are from a wandering tribe, but we were attacked and taken. We were traveling to the far north when we met a Khate. We had encountered Khates in our travels and he was friendly. He offered to show us to a place full of food and he led us to an ambush of the Sectine. Our entire tribe is now slaves of the Valakei Queendom.”

All three brothers looked somber at the thought. Eventually, Rayal continued, “The slaves spend most of the day out in the fields, chopping trees, or performing some other hard labor. They work from dusk to dawn. There are three breaks for a meal in the morning, in the afternoon, and finally in the evening. The freed humans also perform many jobs for the Sectine, but with more freedom. They have homes and guard over us. They also speak Eloheim, but with their own distinctive dialect. Its hard for me to mimic how they speak. We’re all humans, so the root of our language is similar but with dfifferences across regions.”

Elder Saul furiously wrote down Rayal’s explanations.

“The Freed Humans are mainly marked by the carapace armor they wear and an armband of flowers. The Freed Humans, I think were mainly a tribe of humans that had joined the Valakei Queendom long ago. And then eventually, the Valakei Queendom would occasionally free some slaves to join the Freed humans if a slaved informed them of a possible coup or reported one another of a crime. So this added to the numbers.”

“The armband of flowers was a cultural thing for the original group of Freed Humans, so they kept it as a marker. Its a specific type of flower that they grow and view as important for some reason. The Sectine probably can’t tell one human apart from one another, and rely on just those two as a marker for who’s a Freed Human. I can’t tell the Sectine apart either, so I reckon they can’t too. Some of them have a decent understanding to command us slaves, but most aren’t at a conversational level. There are definitely a few who can speak fluently however.”

Rayal took a deep breath and looked at his two brothers. They gave him a nod. “Now that we’ve answered your questions, I would like to ask you one of our own. We would like to join your army and help you the best we can. I used to be a woodworker, but I reckon I’m not too old to pick up a spear.”

April 2nd, 4000 BC

The two warriors, one of Eloheim and the other of Swift Flight, quietly walked along the shallow part of the lake under the cover of night. Only their two reed breathing tubes stuck out on the surface. Their entire body was submerged beneath the water. They had to abandon a fair amount of their gear and left it with the other two hunters. It was far too difficult to half swim and walk with their equipment. Poltoo had sullenly left his bow and arrow, aswell as his Taiaha behind. And Iskur had been forced to leave his spear.

In the end, if they were caught it wouldn’t matter too much if they had a weapon anyways. Their weapons wouldn’t mean much against a few hundred enemy soldiers. Still both held onto their knives.

Visibility was low in the lake, and Poltoo accidentally bumped Iskur a few times in the water. Luckily, in the darkness it also meant the siege camp had a hard time also seeing them aswell. After what felt like hours, the two eventually emerged on the other side of the siege camp directly underneath the settlement walls.

The settlement walls extended far deeper into the lake, to prevent invaders from attempting to simply go around it. If any invaders attempted to swim there, they’d be easy pickings for projectiles. And if the invaders attempted to approach by boat, they would also be hit with projectiles.

Poltoo and Iskur looked at each other. Poltoo was absolutely sopping wet and looked a great deal smaller with his fur wet. Iskur gave Poltoo a grin, in which Poltoo returned.

“Poltoo almost drown few times. Can’t believe Iskur crazy plan work.” Poltoo whispered

Iskur glanced over at the siege camp which was a fair distance away. It take only a minute or two for someone to run at them to get within bowshot. Iskur glanced up at the settlement wall and saw a few torches moving along the top. Calling out to them might provoke the siege camp into action. And climbing the walls silently would be dangerous since the guards would be presumably on edge.

Poltoo interrupted Iskur in thought, “What Iskur steal this time?”

The Marborette Tribe

January 7th, 4000 BC

Chieftain Grek listened impartially to their plea. On the one hand, Hecr brings up the point that this task could be a very dangerous or costly one, but on the other, possible grateful allies and Blackrot mushrooms. This was something that would need to be weighed carefully. He spoke up.

"Rena and Yure. tell me again about these batmen. I wish to judge this worth by your observations in careful detail."

Rena gulped. The Chieftain was taking this very seriously and she didn't wish to make a mistake that could be unduly her absolute fault. "Well, they were mostly blind. I think.. I think its because they live in those dark, dank caves. So they don't need to see very well."

Yure found himself butting in, "..they were really tall and thin. Almost sickly looking in appearance. I don't think they get to eat very much because of that Great Spirit Made Flesh.

Rena jumped back in, "...and they said that you had to defeat it in both its physical body and its spirit or else it will come back. Apparently they once tried to defeat it, but didn't banish it and it conquered them."

Grek stroked his chin and he turned back to Hecr. "And you say that it is possible for the Shamans to be able to banish it?"

Hecr continued to fiddle with his dagger. "Yes, but as I said before, it would be an old, untested ability. They would have to go into this battle blind. Probably blinder than the batmen. I really don't think that this is a good idea at all."

"I have made up my mind." Grek looked at the small group before him. "We will be going...." Hecr's shoulders slumped at this news. "Assemble 5 of the best Shamans of the village, besides my wife. I will need her here to manage to village in my absence. We will have them train for this task. And to make sure that the warriors and the shamans are as ready as can be, we shall depart of the 20th of the month. That will ensure that nothing conflicts and that we are as prepared as can be."

He turned to Rena and Yure. "You two will make sure that we are full stocked up for this trip. Gather up food supplies, healing supplies and adventuring supplies. We must be as prepared as possible for whatever we encounter in these dark caves. This task will consist of myself, Hecr, Five Trained Shamans, ten warriors, three hunters and Rena and Yure."

Hecr clearly didn't want to come, but he wasn't going to refuse his Chieftain, "Right away, Chieftain. I will gather the Shaman together."

Rena looked almost shocked, "You want us."

Grek smiled, "Absolutely. You two have been in these caves and have interacted with these Batmen. I'll be relying heavily on you two."

Rena started to get nervous. Hopefully she hasn't gotten herself over her head on this.

January 25th, 4000 BC

Jude was terrified at being trapped in a room with a dangerous enemy and no way out, however he also knew that if they wanted all the treasure of thei tomb and the boon of this trapped king, that Heka's plan was the way, and in fact the only way to go. There was no way to believe that anything would be left of this place if they left and then came back later. It would have to be now or never.

And he definitely did not have a better idea. Jude sighed and turned to Heka. "ALright. Do it."

Without a second thought, Heka began ordering the assembled troops to barricade up the entrances leading to the tomb chamber. He could tell that if they made it out of this, it would make a great story to tell at the festivals. The Tale of Heka and the Trapped King. It has a nice ring to it. This'll be a way for him to make a name for himself and gain favor with the people.

It wasn't that long before they gathered pretty much anything that wasn't nailed down or useable and made some makeshift barricades. then they braced and waited for what was to come next. The opening of the Sarcophagus.

The Warriors and the Hunters started preparing for the conflict as the Necrohandlers each took out a dagger and started supplying some blood. None planned to die here and bloodlet themselves to death, but give enough so that they could weaken the hold on the coffin's lid.

January 26th, 4000 BC

It seemed that Eye-Snatcher was even worse than they had been told. He wasn't just a thief, he also killed and ate humans. Right out from their very home. Didn't even have the decency to fight them first. Just kidnap and trap them to hold onto. It was despicable.

Lukk almost had to laugh internally when he spotted Eye Snatcher though considering it seemed that someone had already snatched his eye. Perhaps that's how he got the name. But it was certainly ironic at the very least.

He returned quickly with the news about the giants, the tied up humans and even the one human that looks like he is some sort of collaborator. Fera thought on this and then got an idea. Go back with a few other hunters and try to capture this human. If I can talk to him, perhaps we can learn the giant's secrets and even free these humans.

Lukk sighed at having to go back, but took Gree and Urrp with him.

The trio moved slowly upon the man, avoiding any twigs, branches or leaves that would give away their position. It was just like hunting wild Tarnak. Just had to be super quite and careful. The man was looking out at the sheep and gave a yawn. Now was the time.

They rushed out like a coordinated hunting party, Gree grabbed the arms and quickly tied them up as Urrp did the same with the legs, causing the man to fall to the ground. Lukk filled the mans mouth with cloth as he was about to scream for help. It went off without a hitch, thank the Goddess.

The trio together bought the man back to Fera and unbound his mouth. With her hands on her hips and this man on his knees, she spoke to him. "Now what can you tell us about this Eye Snatcher?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back