• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Civilization OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Thanny Thanny Hey I've started the main thread so we can get the ball rolling with this RP. Linked here. I'm really excited to get starting with this RP!

As quick aside. I try to be as true to your civilization as possible based on your CS, but I'm not perfect. So if I make a mistake somewhere with how your nation works, like messing up a name or a greeting, I do apologize. Feel free to tell me.

For a low-budget man, you produce high-budget literature! Well done, clan-brother! Even if you get things wrong it is no matter to me. I can work with what I have, considering it is a combined effort of worldbuilding. Again, nice work! You really, truly lured my interest.

A question, if I may: the questions seem cut off at points, similar to the sample you gave us, but I am not sure how to respond to everything after January 1. Am I to take over the characters (in my case, Esuzu and maybe the supreme chief, my ruler)? Are these events that need such and such answers to progress the story? I am writing a blurb to respond to January 1 currently. Thank you!

Thanny Thanny

You have 100% control over everyone in your civilization. So you have full of control Esuzu and the chief, and make up any other side characters you wish that fall under your civilization. You also have some degree of control over everyone else you interact with, within reason of course. So you can write a scene where you bargain with the traders or provide them with food for example. I gave them some degree of personality for you to interpret and play with. And you're free to write out how that goes. All I ask is you be reasonable with what happens and the consequences. I'm carefree on most things. I won't intervene unless I feel like you do something entirely ridiculous.

I hope that makes sense. I think in the original recruiting post, I have an example between the GM and the hypothetical player. And I basically wrote out that the hypothetical player just wrote a cool scene of what happened with control over everything.

Also, you don't have to completely end the event after a single post. You can write to a decent stopping point. And I can continue the event with a reply to whatever you posted.

Yep! That makes sense and helps a lot! I did not know if you wanted to play a certain role within the civilization or not, like Esuzu, for instance, as I feel that you wrote the situation and her very well. Thank you for the quick response! A post should be up shortly.

Also, as a forewarning, I might be slow to respond in the days ahead. I will be working twelve consecutive days, some of them long, so time will be an expensive commodity for me. If you would not mind my posting once every three days or maybe longer, I would greatly appreciate it.

No problemo. My prime writing time is during the weekends so I'm not going to be the fastest poster in the world either hahaha.

Also, thanks for the compliment about my writing. I really do appreciate it. I definitely try my hardest to be a good writer hahaha.

Still alive! Sorry for the wait on my end; I am writing responses but it is very slow-going with work.

Heyitsjiwon, when the Swift Flight Clan was explaining the Night War idea, I was basically introducing the idea of very similar to "Counting Coup" used by Native American tribes. Hopefully, I explained it well enough.

Looks good! Accepted of course! I'll have a post up within the next couple of days. I'm kind of regretting using up my "Stumble upon a battlefield with tons of bodies" event now. That would have been more thematic with your civilization hahah.

Looks good! Accepted of course! I'll have a post up within the next couple of days. I'm kind of regretting using up my "Stumble upon a battlefield with tons of bodies" event now. That would have been more thematic with your civilization hahah.
Hahah. It's all good. I'm glad that you like my spin on a typical Goblin Nation. :D

I should have made a grumpy dwarf faction "You Kids get off my lawn!" *menacingly shakes a stone hammer from a nearby cave entrance*

LowBudgetMan later:

"You look outside, seeing speared corpses lining every corner of your backyard, and then down towards the sleeping aid pills in your hand before tossing them outside. That may be the last time you will sleep soundly through the night unaided, but at the very least you know you survived the rain and the battle. You additionally hope that the rain and the battle both have stopped for a while. If the river swells, you do not want to go wading in this, but at the very least some of the corpses might flow off of your land and onto that grumpy dwarf neighbor's land. You smile at the thought and get your meatwagon."

Quick question! Is basic knowledge of other races a given? Or would I have to figure that out? Stuff like "Oh, The Sectine carapace is often used to make rudimentary armor. Or Oh the Khates know archery... I wonder what I can trade for them to teach me that?"

I would say the older generation knows more about the other races, but that's through stories and lore rather than practical experience. So the Eloheim might have stories about the Sectine, but some of the younger members might not immediately recognize what a Sectine is when they see it. It would be like rough general knowledge, but not too much detail. In regards to tech, I think we can assume that the Eloheim are clever enough to steal the Sectine carapace as basic armor since they see the Sectine doing it and that the Khates gave the Eloheim the bow technology. I forgot to include that, since there's so many details to keep track off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back