City Days

He nodded his head when she told him to do it over again, though his hand was beginning to hurt a bit. He was a bit curious as to why his master had been fiddling with his ears for a while now, though he didn't think he should ask, as she probably wouldn't want him to. It was quite distracting at first, but he was starting to grow used to it as the time wore by. "Master, what's the difference between these?" He asked circling the D and B, the V, W, and M, the I, L, and T, and the O, Q, and P, as he couldn't tell the difference between the four groups of letters.

@Kimona

"Yes sir!" Jasper called back, stopping what she was doing, which was currently cleaning a room not used very much. Wiping a bit of sweat from her brow, she stepped down from the stool, and quickly went to answer the door. But she was shocked to find another neko girl standing on the other side. She wasn't sure what to do. "Umm..." She had an idea. "Play along. You're a gift from...pick someone and say they dropped you off but couldn't stay," Jasper told her quickly and quietly, before pulling her inside and closing the door. "Ja- uh, Master, it's a gift!" @LilyannaGaming @Kimona

Kiari was confused on what to do. This, Cas, her new master had just told her told explore and relax. Wasn't he afraid they were going told try to run? She looked at Black, before back down at where he had walked off. "Wh-What should we do?"

Mentioned: @whateverwater

Cassandra took a look, "well for one thing they are all different letters, and they all re important." she states, and begins pointing to them as she states which words they're used in. "D is used in dog, dig, day, B is used in barrel, body, breakfast, V is used in vet, vat, Venezuela, W in work, wait, wander, M in meet, mate, Monday, memory, I in identify, inside, idem, L in learn, lane, lean, T in test, tame, train, O in open, over, Orange, Q in queen, quadruple, quintuplet, P in pasta, pain, potato." she finishes after a moment or two.

@JayKuro

Black looked over and shrugged, and stood up, he had told them to explore, no matter how odd it sounded, it seemed like as close to an order as he was going to get from him.

@FireMaiden 

James seemed a bit confused, "A present?" he walked over to to where Jasper was, completely confused looking at the Nekojin, "Maybe father forgot to tell me?" James wondered aloud. "Father!" James yelled down the hall, he thought he should ask him right now, his father always knew best, so if what Jasper said wasn't the case then surely Father could sort it out. George was on his way down but hadn't reached the stairs yet. James looked over the nekojin girl, he wondered who left her.

@LilyannaGaming

Yes sir!" Jasper called back, stopping what she was doing, which was currently cleaning a room not used very much. Wiping a bit of sweat from her brow, she stepped down from the stool, and quickly went to answer the door. But she was shocked to find another neko girl standing on the other side. She wasn't sure what to do. "Umm..." She had an idea. "Play along. You're a gift from...pick someone and say they dropped you off but couldn't stay," Jasper told her quickly and quietly, before pulling her inside and closing the door. "Ja- uh, Master, it's a gift!"

James seemed a bit confused, "A present?" he walked over to to where Jasper was, completely confused looking at the Nekojin, "Maybe father forgot to tell me?" James wondered aloud. "Father!" James yelled down the hall, he thought he should ask him right now, his father always knew best, so if what Jasper said wasn't the case then surely Father could sort it out. George was on his way down but hadn't reached the stairs yet. James looked over the nekojin girl, he wondered who left her.

Kao was confused. She didn't want to play along, but she had nothing to lose. She smiled at Neko who only wanted to help. "Alright." She whispered. Her face masked over a bit. "Yes-s a gift from Mistress Carson." She said, doing as Jasper told her. "She could not stay because she had business to attend." She said, after she had taken a breath. When the man called for his father she got nervous. She fiddle with her tail and awaited judgement.

@LinkyGirl

North lead he outside to the shelter of the garden, glad for the escape of the tension inside. (Assuming it's noon) he sighed and looked at Lily, it was wrong to have the girl in such a violent eviroment, but he knew there where worst places. He smiled, he honestly was terrible at socializing. "Errm. If it's okay to ask, how was your master before me?

"Sir, if I may overstep my boundary briefly, I believe maybe she was a surprise gift, so there is a chance your father doesn't know," Jasper said. "Anyway, as I'm the only servant here, maybe this one could help me? I'd get things done much faster if she did." Jasper have him a slightly hopeful look, then glanced at the new neko when James' back was turned. Her eyes were back on him when he turned to face them again. @Kimona @LilyannaGaming

James listened to what she said, he was sure had heard the name before but he couldn't specifically remember what one she was. He glanced at Jasper when she spoke, "Well he'l know what to do." he states simply, "There are others, you know that, they're busy helping my father." he states smiling, looking at Jasper, "Your just the only one I control." he adds. James father showed up and this moment. James spoke with him for a moment. George nodded and waved James off as he walked back upstairs. James turned to Jasper, She can stay, and father says that she has to be under me so that I can learn more." the teen states. He then looks at the stranger, "What's your name?" he asks her.

@FireMaiden @LilyannaGaming

Lily followed closely behind him, happy to get out of the house. Once outside she took a deep breath and looked around. She perked her ears up at North's question. "He never got to bad since he would rarely have me do big chores." She replied back in her quite voice. "That's the main reason why he got rid of me. I guess he figured that there was no point to keeping a servant that bearly worked."

@LilyannaGaming

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sir, if I may overstep my boundary briefly, I believe maybe she was a surprise gift, so there is a chance your father doesn't know," Jasper said. "Anyway, as I'm the only servant here, maybe this one could help me? I'd get things done much faster if she did." Jasper have him a slightly hopeful look, then glanced at the new neko when James' back was turned. Her eyes were back on him when he turned to face them again. @Kimona @LilyannaGaming

James listened to what she said, he was sure had heard the name before but he couldn't specifically remember what one she was. He glanced at Jasper when she spoke, "Well he'l know what to do." he states simply, "There are others, you know that, they're busy helping my father." he states smiling, looking at Jasper, "Your just the only one I control." he adds. James father showed up and this moment. James spoke with him for a moment. George nodded and waved James off as he walked back upstairs. James turned to Jasper, She can stay, and father says that she has to be under me so that I can learn more." the teen states. He then looks at the stranger, "What's your name?" he asks her.

Kao fidgeted restlessly, tail waving back and forth. "It-t's Kaomi. Kaomi Carson. " she stated simply, yet a bit quietly. It was a lot to take in. A seemingly safe home after the five she been thrown from following her 'fathers' death. She gave a small smile. "They just call me Vanilla or Kao." She said a little afterwards. "If I may, I was not informed of your names. What are they?"

Leo listened closely as she explained each of the letters to him. Some of them he recognized while others he had never heard before. "So they're all different letters, with lots of words that go with them?.. That's so much to remember..." He said, saying the last part mostly to himself. He's was beginning to understand the different things, though it was still quite confusing for him. Though he was sure he'd get it with enough time.

@Kimona

Lily followed closely behind him, happy to get out of the house. Once outside she took a deep breath and looked around. She perked her ears up at North's question. "He never got to bad since he would rarely have me do big chores." She replied back in her quite voice. "That's the main reason why he got rid of me. I guess he figured that there was no point to keeping a servant that bearly worked."

@LilyannaGaming

North scratched his head. "You won't have to do much here. Just help about when asked, and that's it. The other women in the house take care of everything....including my temperamental father." He said, he shrugged. "Maybe I can teach you. Like the other children. If it's okay with you of course." He said, he just liked helping people when he could and he hated the society they where trapped in. He believed neko's where no different that humans. 

James looked her over judging from what he learned he spoke a bit to freely and according to his father that wouldn't looks to good on his if it didn't look like he could get things done, so she would need a little discipline. "I'm James and that's Jasper." he then turned his attention to Jasper, "You both will share a room, i'm sure you won't mind, your both females after all." he states, beginning to head down the hall. "You will Help Jasper with her jobs I guess for today." he finishes going back into the living-meeting area.

Cassandra nodded and started writing on papers, "Do them again." she simply states, as she goes back to her work, often looking over at Leo.

@JayKuro

Lily nods her head, "Sure." She found him to be more and more interesting the more she was around him. 'This maybe the first human that I can fully trust.' She thought to herself, flinching slightly as she heard the father yelling at one of the servants from the house. 

@LilyannaGaming

Leo held back a sigh as he was told to do them over again. He knew that it was good for him to be learning how to write, well, it was actually an honor, he just didn't think it would be so hard to do. 'Master makes it look so easy...' He said holding his head down for a few moments letting his bangs cover his eyes. He soon raised his head and his vibrant purple eyes were concentrated on writing the letters once more, hoping to write them neat enough for it to be the last time he was writing them. @Kimona

Lily nods her head, "Sure." She found him to be more and more interesting the more she was around him. 'This maybe the first human that I can fully trust.' She thought to herself, flinching slightly as she heard the father yelling at one of the servants from the house. 

@LilyannaGaming

He flinched as more shattering rang in his ears. 'If only my father wasn't a drunk idiot. ' he thought, bending down and lifting up a small rock. Making sure his father would not be able to see Lily. He threw the rock at the window of his dad's room, his dad opened it shortly after and glared at his son. North nearly glared and watched behind his father as a figure fleed his father's room. He watched his dad huff and slam the window shut. Sighing in relief, he turned to Lily. "He will head to take a nap now. I saved us a few hours of peace. " He bowed to her. "Do you know how to play Violin? He asked.

The white-haired neko 'prowled' meekly through the span of trees one would call a forest, though he really wasn't far from the city he'd only just gotten out of, as he could still see the buildings at close proximity. To say he prowled would be an overstatement, because he was more limping and leaning against the trees than anything else. He'd managed to twist his ankle in an odd direction after tripping over a rock. It was only out of sheer luck that he hadn't severely broken anything. His back still stung from the lashings he'd gotten only the day before he'd been essentially kicked out on the streets because his masters had grown tired of him finally. It seemed to them that just turning him out of the street to die quietly or figure things out for himself was easier than taking the time to return him to the market. At first, that was all fine and dandy for the eighteen year old male, until he realized it was not that simple. He was never the most well built on the planet, actually he was considerably malnourished, so trekking through back alleys and somehow making it to the outskirts of the city without being caught had taken quite the toll on his body. Not to mention he was five claws short of a full set and his now injured ankle. 

Somehow, he ended up back within the city limits, leaned against a brick wall that probably belonged to some human of noble ascent or something of the manner. Could have just been the side of a building and he wouldn't have noticed. He wasn't really registering anything in the world right at that moment, too fatigued to do so. Tired of walking and stumbling from a combination of hunger, pain, and exhaustion he stumbled into the nearest 'safe' place he could find, be it a gathering of bushes or hedges he could slip under, or something of the like. The thought that he was probably on private property without permission, as what could be classified as an 'escaped' slave, didn't even register in his head until he was already tucked into whatever spot he'd uncovered. By then, he was too fatigued to get back up and move so there he stayed, not exactly sleeping, but 'hiding' from the world with his white and black striped tail pulled in close and similarly colored ears flat to his head, the black tattoo marring his neck with '20' in bold numbering, his name of sorts one could say, completely exposed from his position on his side.

(@Legit whoever wants to find a stray neko on their property I suppose)

Lily let out a sigh of relief at North's remark. "No, I've never played one." She replied, glance back at the window. 'I don't even know what one looks like.' She thought to herself. She knew what a piano was since her previous master's wife keep one in the study downstairs, but it was only play during parties though. 'maybe the violin wil have a better sound to it, than the out of tune piano.' She thought again.

@LilyannaGaming

Cassandra continued working but looking over when Leo finished another set, it was good enough for now. She but down he fountain pen and looked at him, "They seem good enough or now, go relax for 15 minutes, I don't care what you do, just don't break anything. I expect you back in 15 minutes cleaning though." she states looking at Leo. (maybe go find a Nekojin tesspassing XD), "But,-" she adds right before Leo leaves, "We are going to pick this up tomorrow, you will need to know hos to spell as well." he finishes before waving him off and picking up her work again.

@JayKuro

"You're lucky, now follow me," Jasper said one James had left. "I'll show you our room then we'll get to work." She wasted no time setting off, her, well jow their room, not to far. She stepped quickly and quietly, only briefly stopping to make sure Kao was behind her.

@LilyannaGaming

Leo nodded when he was told that he had a fifteen minute break, giving him a chance to relax his hand, which was aching from having it in the same position for so long, something that he wasn't used to. He left the room a few seconds afterwards, his ears then perking up when he thought he heard movement outside the manor. He shook his head thinking that it was simply his imagination or lack of sleep, but decided to go and look anyways. He jogged out towards the source of the noise and saw someone lying in some bushes. After walking closer he saw that it was another nekojin, who was quite bigger than he was and appeared to be a few years older than him. "If master finds you I'd feel bad for what type of punishment you may face." He muttered as he squatted down to get a better look of the unconscious neko, noticing the number twenty that had been tattooed onto him. "Is your name twenty then?" He asked, even though he hadn't been expecting a response. He then turned the other male onto his back, and put both his hands underneath his shoulders, since he was much too big for him to carry all by himself. "I feel bad for having to drag you back into the house..." He muttered mostly to himself as he began pulling, hoping not to make any injuries he might have worse. When he had finally made it back inside the manor, having dragged the other the entire way, he began making his way to where all the nekojins stayed, where he might be safe for a little while. "If the master finds us, you and I will both probably meet unfortunate ends." He said, though at this point he was really just talking to himself, as it had been a habit of his for a while now. He finally got the white haired neko onto a bed, and put the covers over top of him, deciding to tend to his wounds a bit later after he had woken up. He then glanced at the only clock that was in the room and saw that he didn't have much time left, and hoped that the other would wake up before it ended, so that he could at least be told where he was and such things like that, so as not to leave him in the dark.

@Kimona

@Agrios

"You're lucky, now follow me," Jasper said one James had left. "I'll show you our room then we'll get to work." She wasted no time setting off, her, well jow their room, not to far. She stepped quickly and quietly, only briefly stopping to make sure Kao was behind her.

@LilyannaGaming

Lily let out a sigh of relief at North's remark. "No, I've never played one." She replied, glance back at the window. 'I don't even know what one looks like.' She thought to herself. She knew what a piano was since her previous master's wife keep one in the study downstairs, but it was only play during parties though. 'maybe the violin wil have a better sound to it, than the out of tune piano.' She thought again.

@LilyannaGaming

James looked her over judging from what he learned he spoke a bit to freely and according to his father that wouldn't looks to good on his if it didn't look like he could get things done, so she would need a little discipline. "I'm James and that's Jasper." he then turned his attention to Jasper, "You both will share a room, i'm sure you won't mind, your both females after all." he states, beginning to head down the hall. "You will Help Jasper with her jobs I guess for today." he finishes going back into the living-meeting area.

Cassandra nodded and started writing on papers, "Do them again." she simply states, as she goes back to her work, often looking over at Leo.

@JayKuro

After James gave her their names, she calmed down a bit. Soon as he left, Jasper drug her to their room. She silently followed, listening to the girl. "I never done house work." She said quietly. She watched the other Neko with a dazed expression. 

------

"Maybe I can teach you to play them. After all, what's better than music?" He said, watching her. He watched her face, unsure if she wanted to learn. He didn't want to force her, but it would give them both something to do instead of just wandering around the house helping the other neko's and he having to sit in his room or the garden and braid of the meaning of life. 

Twenty had started to slide into sleep as, unknown to him, another neko found him. He only just barely heard words about masters and punishment before he was out. As such, he didn't even know he was being moved from his spot until he came to some time later. His odd colored eyes drifted open, the world a blur at first, until he realized he was not where he had fallen asleep outside. The blurriness disappeared when his eyes widened as he looked around to find himself inside a building now, on a bed. He turned his head, to see another nekojin with a head of dark hair not far away. At that, he calmed down slightly, though he was still seriously unsure what was going on. His eyes were full of question as he looked to the other, though he voiced none out of habit.

@JayKuro

Leo had been playing with his oversized clothing while he waited for the other to wake up. His eyes trailed down when he saw the other's eyes opened and noticed that they were filled with curiosity, though he didn't say a word. "I guess you're wondering where you are?" He asked, though the question was quite obvious. He had simply gotten so used to speaking to himself, or not speaking at all that he didn't know how to carry a proper conversation anymore. "You're at my master's manor, in one of the Nekojin rooms. I found you in some bushes right outside." He said as his tail waved back and forth before wrapping it back around his waist. "You're safe for now, but I'll have to leave soon. you shouldn't leave this room..." He said as he glanced back toward the clock checking to see how much time he had left.

@Agrios

Cassandra worked, and soon she had finished the fish and chips. He glanced at the clock, his time was just about up. I wonder what her is doing, though, then again  I said he could do what ever he wanted. She thought to herself as she stared out the window, bored. 

@JayKuro @Agrios

James went back to whatever he had been doing before the knock on the door.

Twenty listened silently as the nekojin explained where he was, among other information. He nodded at the end, seemingly calmed down after the explanation. He wasn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon anyway. He didn't have the energy to move very much, let alone get up and wander around. "Thank you." He murmured, not very loud at all but enough for the other to hear. He wasn't used to trying to hold a conversation, so silence on his part fell after that, his eyes roaming to take in what he could see of the boy's over-sized clothing that hung from his smaller frame, before his pale yellow and violet eyes returned to the other's own purple ones.

@JayKuro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back