City Days

Shrugging slightly she said "sure, I wouldn't mind." Looking up at the sky she noticed a few dark clouds of in the distance. 'Hmm, we might get some rain later today.' She thought to herself.

@LilyannaGaming

"This is the least I can do." Leo said before standing up and placing a hand on the other's forehead, checking for a fever. "You don't seem to have a fever, but you're definitely. weak." He said, though he was speaking mostly to himself. "Maybe a cold? Or because of your injuries?" He murmured before looking over towards a cabinet. He then walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a medicine bottle walking back over. "Can you swallow these dry? They're pain meds." He said shaking the bottle a bit, before pouring two into his hands, showing him that they weren't all that big. "I almost forgot to ask, what's your name?" He asked his head tilting to the side a bit, his eyes growing with curiosity.

@Agrios

As the other moved to the cabinet, Twenty set about pushing himself into an upright sitting position, wincing slightly as he moved. Though it was unknown to him, the dragging of his body earlier had irritated the wounds on his back that had not fully healed yet, despite the caution taken. He nodded when the nekojin returned with medications. This was not a new thing for him, as previously others had slipped him painkillers after his masters had been particularly harsh at times, and it wasn't always accompanied with liquid. He reached out carefully and took the two pills from him. "Twenty... And you?" He answered before he placed the pills in his mouth and swallowed them with a small amount of difficulty. His ear flicked as he turned to look back to the younger male. 

@JayKuro

After James gave her their names, she calmed down a bit. Soon as he left, Jasper drug her to their room. She silently followed, listening to the girl. "I never done house work." She said quietly. She watched the other Neko with a dazed expression. 

------

"Maybe I can teach you to play them. After all, what's better than music?" He said, watching her. He watched her face, unsure if she wanted to learn. He didn't want to force her, but it would give them both something to do instead of just wandering around the house helping the other neko's and he having to sit in his room or the garden and braid of the meaning of life. 

"Then you'll learn by helping me," Jasper said calmly, turning down a hall, then entering a small room. It was basic and fab compared to the other rooms as Kao would find out. A single bed they'd most likely end up sharing, a dresser, and a nightstand. That's about it. "We'll get started in the third study."

"So the mark on your neck does have a meaning." Leo said softly as he looked at the tattoo again. "I've never heard of a name like that before..." He said to himself, as he didn't know it was a number. He wasn't trying to be rude, he was just curious, and his curiosity often times got the better of him. He smiled softly when Twenty was able to swallow the pills without great difficulty, before his question had registered in his mind. "My name's Leo." He said before he remembered that he had to be back at his master's study to clean up. "Uh, I'll be back soon. The bathroom's right there, and you can find some food over there. Don't be scared if another Nekojin comes in while I'm gone." He said as he quickly put the pill bottle back and pointed things out. "Try not to wander around too much, because master may find you if you do." He said before walking over to the door "I won't be gone too long." He said before leaving, heading back to his master's study. When he arrived at her door he knocked on it, waiting to be let in.

@Agrios

@Kimona

Cassadra heard the knock and almost immidiately replied, "Come it." She replies simply, continuing to write, "I'm finished with the plate so you can take it, and I would like some tea." she states as she writes at her desk.

@JayKuro

Leo entered the room, listening as his master assigned him his current tasks. He walked up with his head low, and grabbed the now finished plate, as well as any utensils, whether they were used or unused. He quickly excused himself and headed down into the kitchen, turning on some hot water and washing the dirtied dishes in the mean time.

@Kimona

Twenty watched, and quickly committed where everything was to memory as Leo pointed them out. He nodded before he watched Leo leave the room, as heavy sigh leaving his body as soon as he was alone. This was certainly going great. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew he couldn't get too comfortable here, because if he was to be found by the master of this house, he faced some seriously bad results, and risked getting Leo in trouble as well. If it was just his safety at risk, he wouldn't worry so much, but he found himself feeling guilty at the prospect of his fellow nekojin getting punished for simply trying to help him. He turned slowly, and got up completely from the bed, abandoning it's warmth and slight comforts for a more important option. Food. He walked quietly over to where Leo had said he might be able to find something to fill the gnawing pit in his stomach. He located an apple, and decided to return to the bed to eat. He'd made do with less before. He sat Indian style atop the bed, and ate quietly while he tired to figure out where his options lie from here. He wasn't coming up with much in his tired and confused brain. After he finished he remained upright for a few more minutes, until his earlier fatigue mixed with whatever the pain medications might have brought hit him and he found himself needing to lie back down again. He drifted back into a lighter, more uneasy sleep than before waiting for Leo to return.

@JayKuro @Kimona (Mentioned both characters within somehow, no direct interactions really)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassandra continued writing on he papers. She recently remembered about something in the papers, "An High Ranking Aristocrat Was murdered in they're own home, and their slaves we either found missing, or wandering confused. The ones caught would be put down or sold off again. So far the papers claim the nekojins killed the Man but Cassandra thinks differently according to the evidence.' oh well. she thought to herself i'll think more about it later. She concluded, she was wondering where her tea was right about now.

@JayKuro

Leo poured the hot water into a cup that had already prepared with a teabag in it. He let it sit as it was for a few quick minutes as he put everything on a rolling cart, going back up to his master's study. He then knocked on the door lightly, waiting for a reply before entering the room, pushing the door opened with one hand and pushing the cart with the other. He came in almost coming in a bit too quickly, as though he was in a hurry. "I brought you your tea as requested." He said, his formal language being learned from Black, as well as a few others. He then set the cup of tea down in front of her, on her desk, standing a bit off to the side as he waited for his next orders.

@Kimona

"Come in." Cassandra replied as she wrote, she turned when he approached, she recorded his noticed movements as she picked up her tea. She smiled, drinking it. That was exactly what she needed. She continued working for another minute or two as she drank her tea, soon enough she put her pen down and turned to him, she handed him a pen and paper, "These are yours now, keep practicing to write, remember, tomorrow you start numbers, and once you can properly read a write i'll give you a notebook for notes." she states. "Now go make dinner and practice writing." She states simply turning back to her work.

@JayKuro

Leo nodded his head, his ears perking up as he was handed a piece of paper and a pen, putting them on the cart a fee moments later. "Thank you master." He said, still remembering that it was an honor to be taught how to read or even write especially since his parents didn't know how to do it either. He then began pushing the cart out her study, making sure to carefully close the door behind him. 'Well that went faster than expected.' He thought to himself as he got an idea. He then started heading towards the Nekojin rooms, opening the door that Twenty was in, smiling a bit when he saw that he was sleeping again. "Twenty." He said, lightly shaking him until he woke. "Do you know how to do a bit of cooking? I can use a helping hand with dinner." He said, as he left the cart near the door.

@Kimona

@Agrios

Twenty woke up fairly quickly, as he was slightly conscious when the door opened, and blinked a little when he looked at Leo. He didn't quite register the question until a few seconds after it was asked. He nodded just slightly when it did register. "A little bit...I can try to help." He answered as he sat up, without quite as much wincing this time around. "Just not very good at it." He added on, for the most part under his breath. He got up from the bed, careful when he stood up. Most of his weight was leaned to one side on account of his injured ankle, but walking wasn't going to be much of an issue for him. 

@JayKuro

"Okay good you can help me then. And I'll be able to keep an eye on you without worrying so much that master will find you... Though it's unlikely that she would come back here... Though the chances are lower in the kitchen." He said trailing off as he ranted. "Sorry, I must be annoying, talking so much." He said before taking his hand and gently pulling the other up to his feet. He took a moment to see the height difference and to accept it. "You can lean on me or on the cart if you need to." He said, knowing that he was injured. "There's also a first aid kit in the kitchen, so I can get you a bit patched up in the meantime." He said as he took a hold of the cart again, looking back of towards Twenty for a minute.

@Agrios

In response to Leo's comment on how much he was talking, Twenty simply smiled faintly. He nodded to the shorter boy, but opted not to lean on him. For the time being, he simply kept a hand on one of Leo's shoulders. "Alright." That was the only thing he said the entire time, a slight nod of his head the only other indication he was good to head for the kitchen. When they did get moving, he walked carefully, though it was more like limped for the most part as he tried not to put too much weight on his ankle.

@JayKuro

Leo began walking, going at a slow enough pace that Twenty could keep up with. As the two neared the kitchen he opened the door with one of his hands, the cart turning sideways a bit before he re-straightened it. He then closed the kitchen door behind Twenty, glad that everyone else was gone, as it would cause a lot of trouble to explain, and most of them were terrible at keeping secrets. "Now the only thing left is to figure out what to cook." He said as he pushed the cart into the corner of the room, as though it were no longer important. He dug through one of the cabinets until he pulled out a fairly large book. He couldn't read it, but looking at the pictures would help give him some inspirations.

@Agrios

Devil Bullet counted how many rifle rounds he had in his pouch in preparation for another assassination. He had a total of thirty bullets in his possession, but he doubted he'd need that many to take down his target. His next action would be to check his sword and dagger, an assassin must have more than one instrument of murder. With all his gear ready he put on his mask and left the shade of the tree and walked carefully, the last thing he'd want is a Nekojin slave seeing him and telling their master. Devil Bullet assumed the master would be located on a higher floor in the house, so he made observations while stalking the perimeter. He found that the garden was a perfect spot to hide in, it had a tree with thick leaves, perfect for him to hide and observe in. The hitman pulled out his rifle and aimed his sight down the window, however the glare of the gun was visible with the naked eye.

(Hint hint, Agrios.)

@JayKuro @Agrios @Kimona

When they arrived, Twenty settled for leaning carefully against a counter while Leo put the cart away and pulled out a book. Though he couldn't read either, he took to looking over Leo's shoulder at the images within. It wasn't long before his attentiveness grew minimal and his gaze drifted away. What they made for dinner made no difference to him, and he had no idea what the woman his companion called master would want. As such, he remained silent as he waited for instruction. His eyes were eventually drawn to the kitchens window, though it wasnt very big and really only allowed for a look at the garden outside. While focused outside, he was almost positive he noticed something out of the ordinary in one of the trees. In the mindset of it only being his imagination, he focused back on Leo after staring at the tree for a few moments. He chose not to let Leo know, not really sure if hed just imagined it or not, and because the other nekojin really needed to focus on dinner to avoid angering his master.  "What are we making?" He finally questioned after deciding he would attempt to go and find out what that was later. For now, cooking came first he supposed.

@JayKuro@Fafnir

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassandra leaned back in her chair, stretching, having finished all the papers that currently needed her attention. She felt very proud of her self, and decided to go for a walk, since she had been sitting so long. As stepped into the hall and began wandering, at one point she walked into the area the slaves would know as the punishment room. She wanted to se how the one or two in there were doing, and made sure to tell the one keeping an eye on them to feed them, she couldn't have them dying after all. She ten, wandering once again, found her way onto the first for and into her green house. She had her gardeners take very good care of it, and she liked it very much. It was almost soothing...  It also angered her, and now wanted to ht something, r someone. She wandered about, peering around corners, waiting for someone to mess  up... and harah!!! someone did! the slave got a nice little minute or two of abuse before Cassandra was satisfied and continued wandering about, now on the third floor. She had already done some more research when she stopped by her mini-library, and was on her toes, She had been looking through some old newspapers, (she kept them all because they proved useful when making deal, and blackmailing), and she suspected she might be attack, soon, or hell, maybe never,, but she wasn't surprised by the news either. Many people didn't like her.

@Fafnir @JayKuro @Agrios

"We have to make something called chicken and mushroom... Risotto?" He said wondering if he had pronounced it correctly. "I heard from one of the other Nekojins that it's really good if made right." He said walking over to a pantry and pulling out some fresh mushrooms, grabbing a knife a few moments later. "May you please get some pots and pans? They're right over there." He said pointing towards yet another cabinet. If one stopped to look, you'd see that the kitchen was actually really big, as sometimes several meals were being cooked at the same time. As he began cutting the mushrooms, he didn't really mind whether or not he cut his fingers, making sure to just not chop them off completely. He still had a few cuts on his finger from earlier, though he had forgotten they was even there. As he was cutting the mushrooms he began humming softly, so softly that it was almost inaudible, even to him. He finished cutting the mushrooms rather quickly, and worked on cutting the chicken next, stopping the humming altogether as it oddly took a bit more concentration. He thought he heard movement from somewhere outside, though he didn't bother about it because it was most likely just him hearing things, and Twenty would've said something if there really was something out there.

@Agrios @Fafnir @Kimona

Devil Bullet's blood reached boiling point when Cassandra tortured that Nekojin slave, but he could tell that she probably did it on purpose to lure him out. Cassandra has always been the rather smart target, he's tried numerous times before but she'd always find a way to make him indirectly fail such as go to a place with terrible weather conditions, forcing him to give up. The other time he tried, she had a Nekojin slave stand behind her, and there was no way he was able to fire his rifle. He waited till the slave was gone, then he made his way into the house. The hitman had some spare picklocks in his boot, so he used those to get into the 3rd floor, skipping the journey from the bottom. Now he was in the mini library with his gaze rested upon Cassandra Black.

@JayKuro @Agrios @Kimona

Cassandra pretended not to notice him, and she ringed the bell since none of the slaves can hear through 3 floors otherwise. "I think I want some more tea..." she mumbled. She stood up, having solved the problem in a minute or two. She left the books where they were, continuing to either ignore, pretend she couldn't see him, or not even know Devil was there, It was hard to tell. He headed to the closeby door of the library. The bell should have rung the one in the kitchen/slave area downstairs.

@Fafnir @Agrios @JayKuro

Twenty nodded, and made his way over to said cabinet. He poked around inside for a moment until he found a decent sized pot and a couple similarly decent sized pans. He brought them with him back to Leo and set them downnni far from where the younger boy was cutting chicken. He was about to offer to help, when the harsh ringing of a bell hit his ears and he started a little. His ears went flat to his head for a moment, before he looked to Leo. "You should go see what she wants... I can keep going here." He commented, and moved closer, carefully taking the knife the other was using from him in the process. His eyes drifted outside for a moment, to note whatever had caught his eye was no longer there, and thus he deemed it nothing to warn Leo about after all.

@JayKuro @Fafnir @Kimona

"Thank you." He said as he placed the cut up ingredients in the pot. His ears perked up as he heard the bell ringing, and he almost immediately turned on some hot water, knowing that she most likely wanted some more tea. "You're right, I should go." He said looking up. "I'll leave this to you then." He said smiling a bit before opening the kitchen door and walking out. He headed toward the place the bell was rung, which was the library. He opened the door to the library and popped his head through. " Master?... You called me?.." He said, his voice in a quiet tone as he asked the question. He noticed that someone else was in the library, and simply thought that Cassandra was having a guest over. 'Weird, she didn't mention someone coming over did she?' He thought trying to remember if she had or hadn't. 'Maybe it's an unexpected visitor?' He thought once more, his head tilting to s side curiously.

@Agrios @Kimona @Fafnir

Devil Bullet put his rifle away and instead unsheathed his sword. A gun in this situation would be too impractical since he was in an enclosed area, making noise was the last thing he wanted to do. Today, Cassandra Black would die. The assassin ran up to her and plunged his sword straight through her stomach. After one quick thrust, he pulled the sword out and fled the scene, he was sure that she would die because stomach wounds were fatal. While running, he caught sight of a Nekojin, he then stopped and walked up to Leo. "You, do you like being a slave?" His tone of voice was frightening, but the vile crime he just committed was even more frightening.

@JayKuro @Agrios @Kimona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back