• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

=> Leto: Peel
Being as gentle as you can, you peel it off of his face and set it on the ground for him to read when he wakes up. You may solve mysteries, but you don't snoop!

=> Leto: Sit
You sit next to him, turning on your HOLOGLOVES and doing some work on his house with any remaining grist.

Wow...he's really here. It's taking every fiber of your being to not wake him up, hugging and crying. The respect for his rest is the only thing holding back your joy and tears.​

=> Mysteries.
=> Leto: What?

Your GRIST CACHE is maxed out in all kinds! BUILD, NULL, BALSA, SODIUM, MOLD, and a bunch of others you've never seen before.
When you spend some of the BUILD GRIST to build onto Jean's APARTMENT, it refills pretty quickly.

Where's all this grist coming from?

You build all the way up to the FOURTH GATE before deciding that it's enough for now.

JEAN continues to sleep.

=> Jean: wake up

You wake up! Suddenly the silhouette of the girl becomes fully apparent, and it is none other than your friend Leto. She is right there, in front of you and on her laptop. You look over to the post-it note once attached to your face, sitting neatly next to where your sleeping form once lied. You snatch it up from the ground and read it, before looking over to the funny girl wearing a Sherlock Holmes dress, typing on a holoscreen with gaming computer gloves.

JEAN: yo.....let.....
JEAN: you made it

You are stunned to see her in person this suddenly. As though without any build up whatsoever, you are suddenly face to face with the sole person you've been consistently keeping up with for what's been years now. You scratch your neck awkwardly, looking over at the now stagnantly burning lighthouse.

JEAN: got my message, huh
JEAN: yeah, i kinda needed to solve a puzzle and i got lazy

=>
Oh stars. He's awake. You hold back tears for a moment, waving slightly before...

=> Leto: Hug!!!!
You practically leap forward, wrapping your arms around him, unable to hold back your sobs any longer.

LETO: Jean!!!!
LETO: I'm so happy to see you!!
LETO: I missed you...
LETO: I-I didn't wanna wake you up but...

It grows more difficult to talk, and you aren't doing a good job of hiding it.​

=> Jean: ponder

You are left reeling after reading that note, and recieving Leto's small, delicate body wrapping firmly around your half elevated torso certainly doesnt help. You ponder the name but have no recollection of a face or anything you would have to do with another silly girl who instead uses yellow text.

You hug Leto, and smile thoughtfully as the breeze carries the flames of the lighthouse dangerously toward tye other houses, stopping just short as it had been.

JEAN: its....its fine dude
JEAN: its good to see you too
JEAN: glad you made it out alright and everything, i mean
JEAN: i have no fucking clue whats going on, but at least those two randos helped us out
JEAN: im gonna guess you didnt write this

You hand her the note, a suspicious look on your face.

=>
You take the note, tilting your head before shaking it and handing it back.

LETO: No, I didn't...it was on your face when I got here
LETO: But it seems like some sort of puzzle or mystery!
LETO: Those two were very sweet, especially since they helped us meet!
LETO: To be honest, when we first started this game I got really scared that I wouldn't get to talk to you for a really long time
LETO: Because of the machines in the house, Sir Gawain being a weird ghost thing, all of it...
LETO: But I haven't even seen Nan...it's not super unusual but I'm still worried about her
LETO: Even if she'd kill me over this

You chuckle awkwardly, giving Jean his space and wiping the last of your tears with your thumbs.​

=> Jean: converse
JEAN: i mean, yours was maybe, but mine was.....
JEAN: eh, kind of a shit heel, but i'll tell you about it later
JEAN: as for your nan, i'm positive they're around here somewhere
JEAN: those bastards are hard to kill after all
JEAN: cuz' has been, well, cuz'
JEAN: they're probably ripping through ogres and liches as we speak
JEAN: this all feels off though

LETO: You're probably right
LETO: Nan is very resourceful and could escape if attacked
LETO: But what's off?
LETO: Literally this entire day has been wrong
LETO: A game thats able to interact with and teleport our homes
LETO: Two random strangers
LETO: Magic sprite things
LETO: There's a lot here
LETO: Take your pick
JEAN: sure, sure
JEAN: no doubt that this is the weirdest shit to ever happen ever
JEAN: and is unequivocally the fuckiest game ever
JEAN: but like, why the random people who wanna help
JEAN: why the note? why is everything fucked up and dilapidated like we're centuries late?
JEAN: i dunno, it rubs me the wrong way

LETO: i understand..
LETO: Where I was, there were big crystals that shattered...
LETO: And there were frogs that came out and abandoned villages
LETO: So it isn't just here either
LETO: But I'm sure we'll be okay as long as we're careful
LETO: And if we have each other!
JEAN: i mean, yeah...
JEAN: you're right, we need to stick together if we're gonna figure like, anything out about this
JEAN: but just, look
JEAN: a lot of this seems really dangerous, like there might be alot working against us, for whatever reason
JEAN: just, please be careful and don't just trust any random dude to log onto a chat client, ok?
JEAN: maybe then we can figure it out, and both be safe

LETO: I'll be safe, I promise!
LETO: I want to trust the people who helped us..
LETO: But I'll be careful if it makes you feel better
LETO: I feel like we could take on the world together! Especially with my upgraded parasol!
JEAN: yeah, sure does look pretty nifty
JEAN: you take down some liches with that thing?
JEAN: you've been cleaning some assholes' clocks lately huh

LETO: It has made quick work of enemies, yes!
LETO: I'm not sure if I follow about the clocks though
JEAN: it's an expression
JEAN: pft, look, maybe we should, maybe....uh, get out of here
JEAN: to somewhere there isn't a burning lighthouse?

LETO: Oh, that's true
LETO: You'll have to explain that expression to me later
LETO: But since this is your land, you take the lead
JEAN: i mean....
JEAN: no, that's fucking stupid
JEAN: i was gonna say 'i don't know where to go now that I don't have her messaging me where to go'
JEAN: but fuck that, y'know
JEAN: i will lead the way

You and your friend walk along the forest's edge, looking for anything of great significance as time wanes and waxes on. It's quite curious, you think. How it feels a little warmer, with Leto at your side.

You're sure that's just the arson.

=> Leto: Stroll
Strolling by the woods with Jean...it's like a dream come true, yet you aren't on Prospit. With your parasol opened, resting over your shoulder to block any harsh light, you remain content to stay in silence for a time. You only break it to point something out to Jean, like a small stone reminding you of home, the smallest yet most important memories.

While you had seen him through video call, you never expected him to be so...tall. Although, you're probably just short. Nan towers you, Jean towers you, practically everyone does. He has such a cool demeanor, seemingly pretty unbothered by so many things, it brings a sense of peace and calmness to you.

LETO: While you were dreaming...

LETO: Did you dream anything special?
LETO: Like...about Prospit?
LETO: I...met someone on Prospit that I had never seen in all of my years of going there
LETO: I'm a bit scared to go back, if I'm being honest
LETO: They weren't mean or threatening, really.
LETO: They were just...strange, I suppose.

LETO: I guess knowing you're on Prospit or Derse would help me feel a little safer.

=> Jean: inspect

JEAN: well, no
JEAN: when i dream, i don't dream of anything in particular
JEAN: just upsetting nightmares, some dingy darkness and the occasional wax candle
JEAN: looking back on it in retrospect, maybe i'm supposed to dream on derse
JEAN: two kingdoms, two players, all of that
JEAN: don't see how that would make you feel safer, what with derse being like a billion miles away from prospit and all
JEAN: what did they look like? or say?
JEAN: maybe they know something about ss and sj

You continue to walk along, somewhat hopeful and somewhat not of the prospects the future holds for you.

=>

LETO: I don't know...
LETO: Maybe just knowing you're in a similar place as me would help me feel better
LETO: Even though Derse and Prospit can be pretty different.
LETO: I would see if I could fly all the way out there to find out but...there's several things wrong with that
LETO: Even if I could, something tells me the Dersites would kill me on sight.
LETO: But the person I met? They wore black robes and had a pocket watch.
LETO: They also knew who I was which is a little creepy and was called 'The Cherub'
LETO: Now that I think about it, they definitely know something about those two. They knew of people who were waiting for us and going to try and help us...
LETO: And they gave me advice concerning it... "Don't follow their instructions aimlessly."

You look down at the ground as you continue the walk, brow furrowing and eyes closing as you inform Jean of the encounter, trusting Jean to stop you if you were about to like...walk off a cliff.

=> Jean: sigh

Fuck. You knew you had a bad feeling about this.

JEAN: fuck, i knew i had a bad feeling
JEAN: there's some kind of ominous presence that's lurking around this game, and not even something normally ominous like monsters or adventure
JEAN: someone is definitely trying to manipulate us into doing something dangerous and fucked up, and the more we rely on them for help, the more we're gonna risk getting hurt, or worse
JEAN: leto....you heard exactly what that guy said, even if we can't trust them 100% quite yet, this means there's no way we can trust them either
JEAN: right now.....right now we have to stay on point, we can't just follow orders from people we don't know and have no way of trusting yet, but somehow know our names, our planets and apparently what we need to do
JEAN: as for derse....i don't even know how i would start waking up in the first place
JEAN: i don't see anything when i dream, let alone a purple planet full of chess people
JEAN: how did you wake up?

=>

LETO: I woke up....

You're unable to remember your first night at Prospit. The golden towers shining onto your skin through the window as you sat up in a familiar bed, the little chess people, they had always been there before.

LETO: I think I was always awake

LETO: I don't remember a time when I wasn't
LETO: The golden towers of Prospit have always been apart of my life
LETO: But I don't think it's good for us to be so suspicious...
LETO: At least...not right now.
LETO: I can't see why they'd want to hurt us
LETO: But if we must be suspicious at all, I'd prefer it if we were just cautious in general
LETO: I feel so mean when I'm suspicious

LETO: Could we at least wait until we have more information before we go too far?

=>

JEAN: well shit
JEAN: maybe it was supposed to happen naturally, but i ended up fucking up for whatever reason
JEAN: like, maybe i'm not able to dream because of something that fucked up with my subconscious?
JEAN: or maybe i just died there
JEAN: wouldn't surprise me if someone iced my sleeping dreamself so i never woke up in the first place before we even got to the game
JEAN: sounds like something the dersites would do, especially if we're supposed to kill the black queen
JEAN: as for trust....look, you're your own person
JEAN: i'm not gonna force you to do anything
JEAN: but fine, for your sake and for min,e we'll both just be careful, and try and not get ourselves killed

=>

LETO: I don't know...
LETO: Maybe...
LETO: I'll try and look into it...I wonder if I could go back to sleep and try and talk to the Cherub about it.
LETO: Or SJ and SS
LETO: Maybe if I asked both we could reference the two answers
LETO: But also, I'm not going to just take a nap right now so maybe later.
LETO: But if someone hurt your dreamself, I'll make sure they learn their lesson!

You try, but you are the least intimidating person in the world right now. From your short, short stature to your dainty image, you're pretty sure a fly wouldn't be intimidated.

=>

JEAN: heh, well, maybe just let me handle it
JEAN: after all, if they've got beef with me, they should be ready to settle it with me
JEAN: huh, looks like we're at our next stop
JEAN: doesn't the second gate lead you to your house?
JEAN: and if that's the case, maybe i should actually build up, so we don't fall through and just wind up in your land like you did with mine
JEAN: assuming i have the grist

You boot up your own laptop, astonished by the amount of mysterious new grist that Leto undoubtedly informs you of. You build on to her house, readily to the 4th gate as she's done to you just recently. As for your conversation about handling rogue agents with your assasination in mind, you know she's fully capable combat wise. Perhaps even more capable than you are with how much she's been springing up the echeladder with recent encounters. But that does not change the fact that she is simply your friend, and you will always try and have her best interest in mind to make sure she doesn't get too in over her head.

JEAN: ready to go through?

LETO: Never been more ready!

=> Leto: Jump through
You jump through the portal, expecting to fall more than you end up doing, but still landing on your ass.

LETO: Owwie...
LETO: Well, Jean, welcome! Let me go get you some water or something!

Sprinting down the stairs, you get way too excited to welcome Jean into your home, an excitement to be a host you never got to be. Of course, in your excitement, you rush down before giving Jean much time to respond or react.

=> It's a B&E
=> Leto: Rush downstairs!!1!

You descend with such speed that you don't notice it at first, but as you slowly come to a stop, you realize that this isn't the MEDIOEN MANOR. This is a TOWNHOUSE that has been lifted from its street and placed into the Incipissphere, much as your own homes.

You look around at the various ANTIQUE GUITARS strewn all about the living room, though the most GILDED PLAQUE is without its instrument.

There is another post it note on the TV.

=>

JEAN: was it just me
JEAN: or were you also under the assumption we'd be landing in your house
JEAN: this is....this is some kid's house that entered like ours
JEAN: i thought that the daisy chains would lead us between each others plants?
JEAN: this, weirdly feels like home invasion
JEAN: in the weirdest way
JEAN: i thought our incipisphere would only be for the planets in our session, a close circuit for the two of us
JEAN: maybe....maybe all the people that made it off earth landed here too? you'd think prospit would be busier...

You look around the house, searching for any photographs that might indicate who lives here. Beyond your first guess, which was a very messy guitarist. You put a hand on Leto's shoulder, instinctively holding her back from exploring the rest of the house without you close behind to aid should a conflict arise. You also look around outside the house, taking in what little you can about the land.

You pick up the note attached to the TV.

=>

LETO: Oh...
LETO: I thought we were at my home, to be honest.
LETO: I may or may not have gotten a bit too excited to show you around...
LETO: Get you some water and be a good host, that sort of thing.
LETO: Well, it could still be a daisy chain! Just with more people involved so it makes more of a flower crown.
LETO: What if this was SJ or SS?
LETO: And we came into their little...bubble of the game if that makes sense?
LETO: But it still wouldn't explain Prospit...unless they were on Derse?

As you talk, you happily follow Jean around as he takes a look over the area. Staying close for two main reasons, because you don't particularly want to stray far from him anyways and because he seems to be worried about you. As he picks up the note from the TV, you lean over his arm a little bit to be able to see as well, being a bit too short to just look over his shoulder.

=> Yeah, this is straight up a B&E
=> Kids: Investigate the mysterious abode.

It seems as though, in addition to a musician, there was a second much younger resident of this home as evident a picture of the two, with both of their faces obfuscated in BLACK INK.
Outside the windows you see massive rolling hills of PURPLE, with a long white structure trailing down into the horizon.

You read the note.

Welcome to LOYAL
More specifically welcome to my house
Sorry its in such a poor condition
You can't really clean up when you're dead

=>

JEAN: maybe it is a daisy chain with more people than we thought
JEAN: and maybe this is one of them...
JEAN: i guess you'll have to wait to throw me a tea party and court me in renaissance fashion until we get to your mega-mansion
JEAN: .....well fuck

You very carefully rest the note down onto the TV. You now quickly realize how that note got on your body in the first place. You look around, walking through the house, you inspect to see how dusty it is, and how forlorn everything looks instead of just messy.

JEAN: you're dead?
JEAN: and i don't think it was either or them, given the color they're using
JEAN: i think we accidentally.....huh
JEAN: sorry for intruding, i guess?
JEAN: are you jill?
JEAN: jill gomene? from your other note?
JEAN: are you......fuck, this is hard.....um.....here, let, can you open your chat client on your computer, so they can talk to me like a normal person?

=>

LETO: ....Dead?
LETO: They...died here

A chill runs down your spine, your voice shaking. Someone died here. Maybe not in this home, but in this game. That means Jean could die. That means Nan could die. The thought shakes you to your very core, but you try to not let it show, but you can't stop your hands from shaking slightly as your hand instinctively reaches to Jean's arm for comfort.

LETO: Oh...yes, it could be Jill!
LETO: I-I'm very sorry for our intrusion, Jill.
LETO: Can you hear us right now...?
LETO: If you really did die out here
LETO: In this game

LETO: The least we can do is listen to what you have to say
LETO: Plus I don't want to anger a possible ghost

Your grip on Jean's arm tightens, taking a deep breath to try and calm yourself before you move to open up the computer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back