• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
=>

A sense of relief rushes over you as you get the notification dings from Jean, lightly placing a hand over your heart and exhaling in said relief. Although what JS said seems a bit fishy...

LJ: Are you sure?

LJ: Just what is this ultimate weapon you speak of?
LJ: All of the details, please :)
LJ: Also, if they're alive and together, where are they?

LJ: I'm just glad you're okay :)
LJ: Please do be careful, though
LJ: I'm speaking with another one of those kids right now
LJ: JS
LJ: They told me that Seth isn't dead and that he's with Jill
LJ: I don't know how that'd be possible, since Seth said Jill was dead/gone
LJ: That they went together go find the "ultimate weapon...?"
LJ: The '...?' was exactly what they put
LJ: Which is...
LJ: I feel bad for saying this, but I don't fully trust it considering what Seth said
LJ: But we also don't know anything about them! So it's hard for me to know if they're lying :(
LJ: Maybe both are true
LJ: Maybe they sent Jill to find this ultimate weapon but then she ended up dying, and they didn't mean to hurt her! Then, Seth went after Jill
LJ: It's just a theory
LJ: But to me, it sounds like the happiest, most probable option
LJ: The plain happiest would just be that Jill and Seth are 100% okay

LJ: I want to meet them :(

=> Fast...
=>

THE CHERUB: By all means, Knowledge is the most important thing here

THE CHERUB: Gnosis is the means by which the game is beaten
THE CHERUB: But if you two need a hand, I'm always somewhere nearby to lend some of my knowledge

They walk over to where you are sitting a offer you their green, clawed hand.

THE CHERUB: I won't guide you anywhere you don't want to go
THE CHERUB: Anything you want to know I'll answer to the best of my ability

THE CHERUB: What do you say?

=> Take their hand?

-

=>

JS: they're in the furthest ring...
JS: the weapon...
JS: ... it's a sword?
JS: something that can defeat the black king.
JS: that makes sense, right?
JS: but they don't really matter right now...
JS: you need to get back to the game!
JS: are you ready to start making real progress...?

=> Are you ready?

=> Jean: accept

JEAN: thats cool, then
JEAN: but you have to promise me somethin
JEAN: before we go ahead, and start beating this game and shit
JEAN: you have to promise me that leto wont get hurt

JL: i will let
JL: i am jacked the fuck tight into this safety in so many ways i dont even know anymore
JL: : ^ )
JL: im gonna stay safe, and you will too, and were gonna beat this game together
JL: that sounds like a nice thing to hope for, a really nice thing
JL: but whatever happens, well make sure that if they die, they didnt die for nothing
JL: ....i believe in you, let
JL: i believe we can do this together

You take their clawed hand.

=>
LJ: I'm ready

LJ: : )
LJ: Yes, we can do this!
LJ: I have faith in you too, Jean
LJ: Let's do our best
LJ: For Seth and Jill
LJ: And for us : )

=> ... forward.
=> Kids: Fast forward.

2 weeks have passed. Let's take a look at where we are now.

=> Be Leto.

You are now LETO MEDIOEN, and you are standing in the MIDDLE ATMOSPHERES of the LAND OF SHINE AND STRATA. To suppress the effects of this layer's VIOLENT WINDS, you have encased yourself in one of the manor's many SUITS OF ARMOR to WEIGH YOU DOWN enough so that you don't get sent flying.

Additionally, it serves a second purpose as THEMATIC FLAIR, due to the fact that you stand in the BATTLEMENTS of one of LOSAS'S MOUNTAIN-TOP CASTLES, fighting a very nasty underling. The LICHEN DRAGON has taken several blows from your WEATHERBANE: half-lance, half-shield, half-umbrella. It LEERS at you from across the narrow walkway.

Your move, Medioen.

=> Be Jean.

You are now JEAN CORBET, and you have just DEPARTED from the CONFETTI EXPRESS, the TOY TRAIN that builds it's own tracks here on the LAND OF YOUTH AND LOSS: a veritable TOY-LAND full of enormous TIN SOLDIERS and YARN FIELDS. More importantly, it is filled with ENORMOUS RAVINES that lead into a MOLTEN INFERNO of CAVE SYSTEMS.

A piece of info that THE CHERUB mentioned to the two of you one day was that the more USEFUL SECRETS of the game lie DEEP BELOW THE SURFACE of the planets. Secrets that maybe the game doesn't want you to know. skyboundJehoshaphat [SJ] has been leading you (at your request) to the deepest ravine via their MAP OF LOYAL.

You stand outside before the RAVINE.

=> Jean: rappel

Well, that was about as heartbreaking as it was annoying. You don't know how Seth managed to deal with this toy-land. The toylike aesthetic is far too bothersome for you to really spend more than a few cursory moments absorbing the scenery. For some reason all these soulless eyes on these tin soldiers strike you as a bad omen. But Leto seems to enjoy yourself whenever the two of you manage to go adventuring around her together.

You deploy your EARTH TREMOR DISCUS, one of your heftier yo-yo's you created for the sole purpose of dealing nasty damage to larger foes and for excavating large pieces of land. You swing it around in a hefty and swing it downward, letting it deploy its spikes to affix itself firmly to the ground. you tie a bit of course rope around your waist before you let yourself RAPPEL downward aside the cliff face.

Whilst doing so, you message SJ using your COMPU-SPECS, a marked improvement of computing which allows your thoughts to neurally build onto Leto's house, message people on your text list and make sick beats on the go.

JL: rappelling now
JL: i need you to send me a map of the cave systems for this sector if you can
JL: otherwise i'll be going dark for the next hour or so, i'll check in on intervals
JL: message let if i don't check in after an hour

JL: let, checking in
JL: how's progress on LOSAS? i'm about to go spelunking in seth's creepy ass toychest
JL: heh, i can't even tell if that counts as a freudian slip

=> Leto: Creep

You creep forward, the shield of the PARASOL forward as you keep your feet planted into the ground, rose colored eyes fixed on the DRAGON. Once you feel close enough to launch your attack, you waste no time. Putting all of your weight into pushing the PARASOL, you send it whirling forward at the DRAGON to pierce through it, and hopefully going completely through the thing.

As soon as you send it flying, you tap a small spot on your gloves, activating a voice-to-text feature. While it isn't the most accurate thing in the world, it's certainly useful in situations such as this. Can't leave your best friend hanging, now can you?

LJ: It's going okay~
LJ: I'm fighting a dragon right now :)
LJ: But I'm still working on dealing with the damn wind here
LJ: Heh
LJ: Still feels weird saying damn...
LJ: It doesn't really matter anymore, does it?

=> Time and Space
=> Jean: Spelunk.

You drop down unto the solid, charred PLASTIC that makes up the burning mantle of LOYAL.

The SMOKE that is ever-present in the caves begins to assault your lungs, so you pull up your RESPIRATOR to protect you from the TOXIC FUMES. It's a bit hard to talk though this thing, but there NEVER anyone else exploring these caves, so it doesn't bother you. As SJ sends you a rough MAP OF THE AREA, you begin delving deeper into the fire-lit tunnels.

You come across a small chamber with a large METALLIC DOOR. Seems the LEAD PAINT has protected it from any fire damage. A symbol you've come across dozens of times here is engraved on the door: A RED, TEN-TOOTHED COG representing the powers of the TIMEBOUND. You know this deal. Often times you'd have to wait for specific times of the PLANET'S ORBIT for the doors to open on their timers. Pretty standard fare. However, as you go to sit and wait you notice something different...

This door is ALREADY CRACKED OPEN.

-

=> Leto: Let loose.

You JAVELIN the WEATHERBANE dragon-ward.

It pierces the beast's ALGAE AEGIS and deals the FINISHING BLOW. Thank god, you've been fighting this thing for like 10 minutes! You were wondering when this thing would keel over. The LICHEN DRAGON explodes into a mountain of GRIST. Hey, You finally got a piece of MOREL GRIST! Now JEAN can finally deploy the ECTOBIOLOGY APPARATUS and CLONING PAD and begin what The Cherub called 'The most important task for the Spacebound'

FROG BREEDING.

You should probably head back to LOSAF soon to get started.

=> Jean: enter

JL: well, since we're like, ten billion to the fuck ton power miles away from earth
JL: and our......eugh, parents? haven't been seen since we got here
JL: it really doesn't matter, does it
JL: start wincing away from it and i'll come over there to LOSAS so fast and make you shout fuck into the void like, fifty times
JL: so help me GOD

Odd. Maybe Seth had already come through? Then again, he really wasn't the greatest at making progress through his Land. But maybe this is one of those rare times that blonde dork actually managed a feat of physical prowess. R.I.P, you nerd.

You breathe through your respirator, and slowly creak open the door as you walk through.

LJ: Pfff
LJ: Maybe one day
LJ: But not today :)
LJ: I have secured the cloning pad and ectobiology so please get that set up when you get
LJ: There is no rush
LJ: I'm going to go home if you need me
LJ: I may see about looking for Nan and your cousin
LJ: I still can't bring myself to call them parents

=> Leto: Go home

As you make your way home after retrieving your PARASOL, your mind wanders.

You can't help but wonder about Nan. Sure, shes resourceful and strong, but you don't think she could survive that long. You've tried to not let Jean see it, but you feel lost without her guidance. Her cryptic guidance.

She'd probably want you to find her...and you haven't. Christ, you need to. She's probably pissed...or sad and hurt....or dead.

LJ: Change of plans
LJ: I'm not going home
LJ: I have to keep going
LJ: Nan needs me
LJ: She cared for me and raised me and she's the reason I'm here
LJ: I need to help her
LJ: I'll be home soon
[/SPOILER]

=> Space and Time
=> Jean: Walk on through to the other side.

You enter the TIMEBOUND DOOR into a room made of UNBURNT PLASTIC, though the smoke is still present. Four SARCOPHAGI stand in the room as another DOOR, bearing the spiral galaxy symbol of the SPACE BOUND, is cracked open slightly. Each tomb bears a SKELETAL CONSORT: Turtle, Crocodile, and Iguana, and the brand new SALAMANDER skeleton that you haven't seen yet. On the lids are the symbol of their respective players: YELLOW GEAR, PINK CAGE, BLUE DOG, and also a LIME SQUID.

The LIME SQUID was once the symbol of JILL GOMENE, your sister now gone.

This place is pretty MACABRE.

-

=> Leto: Let's try this again.

You find a RETURN NODE and head back to JEAN'S APARTMENT, which you then climb through to reach SETH'S TOWNHOUSE, and then finally back to the MEDIOEN MANOR, and then again a journey into the LAND OF SOLACE AND FROGS proper.

Going through the FIFTH GATE always sends you somewhere crazy, and it's no different on LOSAF. You appear not in a sunken city, but rather an ISLAND OF SALT where a large BLACK STONE TOWER rises into the sky from the JUNGLE. You've been here before, atop the stone tower was a HARD BED bearing the MARK OF THE SPACEBOUND. You never found out what this place was for, as neither your INTERNET GUIDES nor THE CHERUB knew what it was for, not even SETH could see what it did.

But enough about MYSTERY TOWERS that may or may not SERVE SOME PURPOSE, you begin exploring the LAST UNCHARTED REGIONS of the salty island. You enter the JUNGLE and after wandering a while find a small CHURCH-LIKE STRUCTURE.

=> Jean: continue

Thats unnerving. Looks like it may have not been Seth after all, but perhaps the work of your late sister? Or maybe behind this door is some agent of derse acting on theor own free will and causing more problems. Then again, these puzzles serve no purpose to anyone then players trying to progress through lands naturally.

....or cousins meandering through, searching for answers. There's no way he can be dead. You think. The man is....inscrutable. Sure, he passed out from a scrum with a 15 year old that one time, and you havent seen him in the weeks youve been searching for him.

But....eugh. At least the game has somehow acknowledge Jill's existence. Without a dream tower to visit while sleeping you were beginning to think even her very history had begun to slip into the void. You walk through the Space door. But you make sure to deploy the cloning aparatus on request.

JL: look, let, not to take a giant jackknife off the handle of totally non-ironic things to say coming from me
JL: but maybe dont get lost in some big mission and hunt them down at risk to yourself
JL: i respect what youre doing just....eugh, i guess this is another tic to the counter
JL: but stay safe and dont die, im meandering through some major puzzles rn
JL: maybe ill get some clues to jills whereabouts
JL: wow, and there it is, a double jackknife off the handle and into a pool of dumbass youre being such a hypocrite right now
JL: the crowd applauds furiously and commits mass suicide
JL: i dont consider them parents either, but still...they are family, I guess
JL: its a lot to sort through

=> Leto: Scout it out

Walking around the outside, you attempt to peer in through a window. But no use, even though you're in a jungle, there's enough light that's reflecting off of it to make it a little weird to look through.

LJ: I'll be safe
LJ: I promise :)
LJ: I just can't sit and do nothing right now
LJ: I want to do something productive until you come back
LJ: Not really in the mood to fiddle with machines by myself

=> Leto: Message SS

LJ: Hi
LJ: I wanted to ask you something
LJ: Know anything about this church?
LJ: I don't want to walk in and get my face blown off
LJ: Thank you very much :) I appreciate the help

=> Leto: Wait for an answer outside of the door

=> Tape
=> Jean: =>

You march on.

You enter another room, this one bearing an additional FOUR CRYPTS. But rather than bearing symbols or skeletons, they only have a short phrase on each, like a TOMBSTONE.

HERE LIES THE ROGUE
HERE LIES THE WITCH
HERE LIES THE HEIR
HERE LIES THE PAGE

Creepy.

One final door lies at the other end of the room. This one bears the symbol of CASSETTE TAPE, BROKEN IN HALF... You've never seen that symbol before.

-

=> Leto: =>

SS: hey.

SS: yeah that place is fine,
SS: no booby traps as far as i know.
SS: its probably just gonna be some place with vague info on your role

SS: the games full of this stuff

=> Jean: ...

This is creepy. But it also doesn't make any sense, does it? Leto's dreams and stories from the White Queen seemed to suggest the adventures of a Wizard and a Knight, and none of those even come close to resembling any of the legendary titles of these long gone heroes etched on the tomb walls. Maybe you're reaching but...hm.

JL: so your roles
JL: you never happened to mention them
JL: when you were questing through your lands, and figuring your stuff out
JL: just curious, really
JL: if you had any wizard.....or knights, like us
JL: or rogues, witches, pages or heirs

You walk through the last door, seeing the cassette tape broken in half and becoming very unnerved. You trace one of the crypts with a finger, sliding through the dust. You would open one of them, but you have a feeling they're quite empty.

=> Leto: Enter

Slowly opening the door, the sound of the creaking doors filling your ears.

LJ: I suppose that's more helpful than nothing!
LJ: Oh
LJ: I didn't greet you properly
LJ: My apologies!
LJ: Being in the game has made my manners off.
LJ: How are you doing? I hope you are well, Mister/Miss SS :)
LJ: How has your day been?
LJ: I also got access to the things needed for breeding and such, so we're making progress

=> PG smut
=> Jean: Enter.

SJ: Ha ha, what an oddly specific list of guesses!
SJ: We didn't have any knights and i don't think wizard is even an option.
SJ: But you're pretty much spot on with those others!

You enter a place that you have seen before in drawings in SETH'S ROOM.

A massive complex of HARD WHITE PLASTIC and BLACK TAPE wound on many ENORMOUS SPINNING WHEELS. There is no smoke here, as the winds produced by the FAST MOVING REELS are to strong for them to last very long. Many long narrow walkways snake their way forming a pseudoscaffolding.

While many branch off the path you walk, you continue heading forward, as this one is wider and seems MORE IMPORTANT. You reach a raised platform suspended just in front of a web-like criss-cross of LARGE BLACK TAPE, and above and behind you seems to be some form of clamp or vice to hold something massive.

This is where THE SCRATCH happens.

This is the REEL HOLLOW.

-

=> Leto:

SS: im a girl, leto.

SS: you should know that by know

You enter the temple.

Stained glass windows cover the building, depicting four HEROES. The KNIGHT and the WIZARD you are familiar with, but they are joined side-by-side by the PRINCESS and the BARBARIAN, two new figures that from his notes, SETH saw in the clouds of SKAIA instead of what you saw.

At the end of the building is a podium with a BOOK placed upon it. It's some fiction called SAUCY SECRETS OF SALLY SHOEMAKER.

This is PG smut.

=>

JL: tell me how my session is linked to yours
JL: i'm tired of games and you skirting around the important details whenever you talk to us
JL: especially when you're talking about jill and seth
JL: and you better start talking or i swear to god i will fuck up this game in some type of way
JL: it was right there, fucking crypts with your names practically scribed on them like the most incriminating shit possible
JL: you're involved in this somehow, related to our session, and i know that you've failed somehow with your session to start with
JL: ....did you scratch your session and start over to make us?

You inspect the clamp, knowing that this must be where Echidna's quill is placed when you start the scratch process. You trace a finger, and slowly retract it, feeling the heat radiating off the metal instantly warm up your glove. If you hadn't been wearing some proper gear you probably would've been burned. This place is absolutely scathing.

=> Leto: Read the book

But only a little. You read it until it starts getting too much for your innocent eyes to handle, which isn't a lot by most standards.

LJ: Ah, my apologies :(
LJ: I've been so busy and my mind has been very preoccupied with the game
LJ: The game, Jean, my Nan
LJ: All of it
LJ: I'll be sure to keep it in mind, though.
LJ: Is there anything I can do to make up for it?

=> Leto: Examine the windows

You walk up and examine the windows, looking for any sort of naming or if they're left nameless.

Last edited:
=> Sally Shoemaker
=> Jean: =>

SJ: We don't know.

SJ: We don't know why we're connected.
SJ: When we beat our denizens, there was a big screen waiting for us.
SJ: They showed us your session, but when seth and jill vanished, they went dark.
SJ: Four months later and we got another ping, you guys showed up.
SJ: We thought it meant we were supposed to help you to learn how to help ourselves.
SJ: We didn't scratch our game, we couldn't.

SJ: We didn't have anything like the reel hollow.

They seem bummed out.

-

=> Leto: =>

The book is a poorly written account of a one SALLY SHOEMAKER and her trials through YOUNG ROMANCE. There is no author's name anywhere on the book.

SS: eh,

SS: its fine.
SS: not like it really bothers me or anything.

SS: i could be lying about being a girl and its not like you would even know.

=>

Ok. Maybe you're acting like an asshole and being unfair. Stupid, lousy, goddamn rake in the grass feelings.

JL: ok
JL: shit, sorry
JL: that was...ok that was a dick move
JL: i just.....
JL: normally i wouldn't think much of this situation besides it being a bleak shit stain on skaia's underwear
JL: seth being dead, jill being gone, and even if skaia was fully formed into the final stage that would let it be able to win us the game and take the big prize at the end
JL: which it can't, since we don't have the final prototyping, and even if we found jill she could've just fucked up severely and not prototyped before she entered
JL: the black king would be way too strong since it's probably meant for the full team of players at the tops of their echeladders
JL: not half, and since there's nothing above those rungs, and no special moves to buy since all the shops are destroyed
JL: we'd die trying, not to mention the black queen who also needs to either die or get exiled if we want to get her ring
JL: which we have no way of getting to, unless leto decides to do a suicide mission and fly to derse
JL: but there's something about this that's really nagging at me
JL: like, what happened to seth? and what ultimate weapon was jill trying to get that got her lost in the furthest ring?
JL: i don't see their bodies
JL: i didn't see any rogue agent or floating eldritch lobster god impale them with a tentacle
JL: something is missing....
JL: hey, why haven't we heard from the fourth guy? did he.....was he into cassettes?

=> Leto: Snap some photos!

Moving your hologloves around,you get some pictures of the windows to send to Jean. Of course, you take a bit too long doing it...but what's the point if you don't indulge in nice photos every now and then? Once satisfied, you send them over to Jean. Taking one last walk around the building, letting the pictures in the windows stir in your mind, you eventually leave.

LJ: Of course
LJ: But you're still helping me and Jean out, so I want to trust you : )
LJ: Plus, it's just the right thing to do
LJ: I don't see you having a reason to lie to me about that
LJ: Plus, having another girl to talk to is comforting in an odd way
LJ: I love Jean dearly and he's my best friend!
LJ: But it's also nice to have more friends in general c:

=> Leto: Go home

Feeling tired and dejected, you head home to do frog breeding. It'll be more productive than wandering aimlessly. Still, you can't help but feel disheartened by not finding anything new about the game or Nan. It isn't a surprise, just disappointing. Every failed attempt drags down your spirits, worse and worse each time.

=> Girl power
=> Be Jean.

SJ: What?

SJ: There's no ultimate weapon.
SJ: Who told you that?
SJ: Jill went into the furthest ring to find some other players to help them.
SJ: We didn't know she wouldn't come back when we sent her out.
SJ: And as for EB?
SJ: She's just... really busy these days.

SJ: I don't know when she'd even have time to talk to you guys.
SJ: I don't know about any cassettes though.

-

=> Be Leto.

SS: uh,

SS: sure.
SS: cool.

You enter a RETURN NODE and head back to the top of the MEDIOEN MANOR. The FROG BREEDING equipment is located at the very highest point just past the SIXTH GATE. You would have built to the SEVENTH if it wasn't for the fact that it is MUCH FURTHER than any gate has been before. You don't actually have enough resources to get up there just yet.

Before you lies the ECTOBIOLOGY APPARATUS and the CLONING PAD, the two necessary tools in any ECTIOBIOLOGIST'S POSSESSION. Though these are far too small for people, they're frog sized!

Last edited:
=>

JL: js mentioned something about it to leto a while ago
JL: i guess he was lying, though
JL: or trying to sweep the truth under the rug for some reason
JL: ...besides that though...what if...
JL: what if you're what we make if we choose to scratch the session?
JL: what if we scratch somehow, make a new session, gave you guys a shot, you get screwed over
JL: we find you somehow, outrun the scratch, meet up, and use you four to help kill the king?
JL: it sounds...pretty stupid, but not impossible
JL: like a cassette, what the door was marking before i went to see the reel hollow, an a track and a b track
JL: even makes sense if that's what jill was trying to do
JL: trying to find a way out of our session and find your four and escape whatever fucked up shit would happen if we stayed for the scratch, if she could, but she got lost

You turn around, looking at the photos Leto's recently sent to you. It looks like you've found....evidence of more lore about your respective roles to play. Even though you think it's bullshit to call someone a barbarian. Like, kinda fucked up, if you were to ask you. Which you are, currently. Like, a barbarian has rage problems. You're like, the most chill dude around.

=>

LJ: But!! Enough about me
LJ: I wanna know more about you!
LJ: But I also don't want to force you to talk much so I'll just ask something like...
LJ: What's your favorite food? c:

=> Leto: Clone some frogs

You approach the machines, thinking of how to approach the situation. What frogs could you breed together...? Oh!

Rushing to the terminal, you try and find two specific frogs you came across one day. You thought they looked like they'd be perfect together! Something about the way they looked, one accidentally jumping onto the other, made it seem perfect. Time to make your frog ships come to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back