• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
=> Jean: stop giving this girl a hard time

JL: .....
JL: fine, i was mostly messing with you anyway
JL: in addition to having had a sort of rough start with this game, you can imagine how irritable walking through some dank ass wood doesn't improve my mood
JL: but i guess you can guess how surprised i am to hear some random kids also playing this game wanna make it their life mission to 'help me beat this game'
JL: with you and your buddy dishing out advice like you are the sole residents of butler island, and me and lets' ship has crashed, leaving us perfectly marooned
JL: god i have a headache
JL: and fine then, i'll go ahead and do that
JL: assuming you aren't just trying to kill me, anyway
JL: what are you leading me to?

You walk through the wood at your fairy godmother's behest. You follow the instructions to the letter and make your way through the passage. You decide not to heed Leto's warning about food, or falling asleep for the time being, and walk onward. You figure you can just take a quick nap whenever you head back to the house. Shouldn't be too big a deal. However, you are very cautious whilst walking along this path your new douchebag has set for you. You are uneasy about random tips from strange solicitors. Strikes you as unseemly.

JL: derse?
JL: you mean the purple planet you talked about from your dreams
JL: oh god i'm just remembering all that stuff about your dreams you always used to talk about
JL: fuck, i'm just now realizing that's all part of this game, and that you weren't just horseshitting around, or were somehow the person with the luckiest subconscious alive
JL: fuck.....my head....
JL: yeah, cool. guess i'll just walk up to them and like, strangle them with a yo-yo or something
JL: .....or, something
JL: also, be careful with what these fuckers are on about, i maybe have a sorta nervous feeling about taking their advice

Last edited:
=>

LJ: Ring the bell?
LJ: Alright~ That's a good idea.

LJ: Yes! The purple planet!
LJ: I've never been, especially since Prospit and Derse seem to hate each other so much
LJ: Even if I could, I'm afraid the Dersites would try and capture me haha
LJ: If you need to, you could rest some, you know. I can watch you and keep you safe!
LJ: As for the other two people, I trust them :(
LJ: They haven't done anything to make me distrust them!
LJ: Please send SS a greeting from me! c:

Anyways, you turn your attention to the large bell...

=> Leto: Ring the bell
Moving forward, you push the bell with your hands, putting as much of your weight onto it as needed.

=> LOSAF
=> Jean: Trek.

SS: the village.

SS: theres some stuff you need to do there.

You exit the hidden passage and find yourself in what appears to have once been a DIMINUTIVE VILLAGE. This place is a ghost town, now. Only silence lives here now. It seems to have been dead for a very long time, as various MOLDS have taken purchase anywhere they can, leaving the place only barely recognizable as a civilization.

SS: see that lighthouse?
SS: you need to find a way in.

Sure enough, at the far end of town a tall LIGHTHOUSE can be found. As you approach it you see that it is COMPLETELY OVERGROWN with a POWERFUL LICHEN. You don't think you can just rip this stuff off the door.

-

=> Leto: Toll.

You ring the BELL. A large sound waves propagates through the air around the sunken city.

As the vibrations reach the crystals they SHATTER. Uncovering the windows, as well as many other paths through the area. You gaze upon the world.

The full breadth of the AQUAPOLIS is open to you, large crystals -that you can identify from their powdered form as SALT- no longer obstructing paths or vision. Other objects have been freed from their salty prisons in the crystals, various sculptures and furniture, but most interestingly, somehow still alive despite being trapped in SALT for who knows how long, are FROGS. They begin their day-to-day activity of hopping around.

The Heroine has found her place in the LAND OF SOLACE AND FROGS.

On the far end of the city lies what appears to be a ROOFTOP VILLAGE, a spire lies in wait with a glowing GATE OF LIGHT.

=> Jean: approach

JL: how the fuck am i gonna get in
JL: this mold is way too thick
JL: and what even lived here? like, elves, or something?
JL: it would really fit the theme but be kinda fucked up if elves just....died off because of a plague or whatever
JL: oh, leto says hi, by the way

Your headache dampens a bit. Youre certainly less irritated, but still confounded as hell. You look over, poking the mold with a stick as you try and size up a way to take down what is surely your most formidable foe yet.

JL: i will
JL: and i wont rest, not right now
JL: ss is showing me crucial land stuff, ill justs ave the power nap for later
JL: get all tuckered out fucking with mold i guess
JL: land of naps and asbestos up in here

=> Leto: Take in the scenery
Pausing for a moment as the intense landscape fills your vision, the sound of crystals shattering ring in your ears. You can't help but be amazed by it all, stars practically forming in your eyes, amazed. There's so much you want to go look at, but it feels like there is such little time.

Well, since this is a game and all...you're probably supposed to go to that village! As you walk, you decide to respond to your friends.

LJ: Thank you for the advice, SJ!

LJ: Alright, if you want me to keep an eye on you, just tell me :)
LJ: Do not get sick from the asbestos
LJ: I would be sad

=> Leto: Kiss a frog
Maybe it'll turn into a prince. Nah. That's unsanitary. Plus, it's probably a waste of time anyways. You have a mission! To see if anyone at the village can help you, and to see what that light thing is all about!

=> Leto: Check on Jean
You press a button on your HOLOGLOVES as you walk, pulling up the game to check and see how Jean is doing... You can tell he's certainly not feeling well, the worry in your chest growing more and more intense. Also why in heavens name is he trying to poke that with a stick?

=> Guardian of the Gate
=> Jean: Face the Lichen.

SS: how am i supposed to know?

SS: its your land,
SS: you should be able to figure it out.
SS: im not a puzzle person.

SS: not that this is much of a puzzle, really.

The LICHEN is unresponsive to your drubbings.

-

=> Leto: !!!

SJ: No prob, bob.

You make it to the village. It seems... empty. As if no-one has lived here in YEARS. Above you lies the UNCAPPED TOWER, where a mysterious GATE lies in wait. But what's that?

A KOSHER BASILISK approaches! It has a shiny METALLIC HIDE and what appears to be BAT WINGS. Looks like a feisty customer.

=>

JL: not really a puzzle person either
JL: well, i guess kinda, but in a stupid, dumb way
JL: i mean the other mold monsters i just murdered
JL: maybe i'll burn the mold? nah....that'll probably burn the tower down too
JL: also, don't dodge the question, what lived here

You stop drubbing the mold, and give kind of a scrunched up look. Maybe you could find something around to help? You guess you'll look around for silly puzzle pieces or something of that nature. I mean, you could just light it on fire, but that would kind of defeat the purpose. You very tentatively stop yourself from brute forcing your way through for just a moment.

JL: uhuh
JL: if you'd be sad, fine i guess
JL: i won't die

=> Leto: Uh oh
MR BAT here doesn't seem like a happy camper... You have no clue why in the world it has wings, but it makes it look 20 times more creepy, especially with all of the teeth. Ew. You try and jump up onto the roof of one of the homes in the village, but due to your panic you miss and fall on your ass. Uh oh!

=> Leto: Activate shield!
While you don't have an actual shield (yet), you open your parasol and plant your feet as deep into the ground as you can. Holding it in front of you, you hope it acts as some sort of shield for you.

=> All-Seeing Eye
=> Jean: Look around.

SS: what makes you think i know that?

SS: im not some allseeing eye or anything.
SS: we can only see the two of you at the present moment.

SS: i cant just scroll back in time to see what happened before you got here.

You meander through the empty streets. This place sure is quiet.

You find a TRAIL OF FOOTPRINTS in the soil outside what appears to have been an ITEM SHOP of some kind, but it's empty now. You follow the footprints outwards and find they lead to one of the many ABANDONED HOMES. There appears to be a faint light coming from inside.

-

=> Leto: Strife!

The BASILISK swoops down, but is repelled by your impromptu defense. It lands on the ground momentarily stunned from the head-on impact.

=> Jean: inspect little light

You meander through the quiet little village until you carefully open the door to the home dimly illuminated from within. Your migraine is starting to settle, if just a bit as you focus on this silly puzzle thing. You wonder what could have left these tracks....

JL: if you can't scroll back or forward how do you know where to lead me to in the first place?
JL: like, knowing where the village was, or why to go to the lighthouse specifically
JL: lemme guess, you're playing the game too, but you hacked it somehow

=> Leto: Retaliate
Shifting your weight, your hand moves to close your parasol. Your feet leave the ground as you thrust forward into the BASILISK, pulling back after a second to hit the creature in the side of it's head. You know, you feel REALLY cool while doing this, like there should be music playing! Not boss music, though.

At least, you hope there isn't boss music playing. If there is, you're screwed.

=> Embers
=> Jean: Enter.

SS: dude,

SS: stop making everything so complicated.
SS: we just have maps of your places.

You enter the small home and find the source of the light. It's a CAMPFIRE, burning it's last breaths of life beside a strange object. To most it would appear to be a poorly made ASTRONAUT HELMET with TV ANTENNA attached, but to you, it is unmistakably the severed head of a one MR. HENDERSON.

Was your Cuz here?

The CAMPFIRE burns on.

-

=> Leto: Slay the wicked beast.

You deal a mighty FINISHING BLOW, sending GRIST everywhere.

You collect the spoils of war.

=> Jean: burn

Huh. You pick up a stick from the pile of embers and light your Yo-Yo aflame with it. Shane you have to light it yourself. But low tier grist items have to have their drawbacks somewhere.

You captchalogue the helmet. Maybe he's leaving a trail of sorts for you to follow as you go along. What a weird dude.

=> : Jean: light

You flail your incindiary Yo-yo about, and light the mold on fire.

JL: sure
JL: fine, i could ask you why you have those
JL: or why you even care about some other kids game
JL: or where you are now
JL: or what your deal is, but fine, lets make this simple

=> Jean: burn

=> Leto: Collect
You thought that was going to be a lot more difficult...well, no reason for boss music! After collecting the grist, you turn your attention back to the gate. Pausing for a moment, you can't help but stare...and feel a little intimidated. Something about this entire place seems so grand to you, so important.

LJ: So, do you know what's up with all of the frogs? I saw some before and this abandoned village...it tells that there used to be life here.

LJ: They're very cute
LJ: But if something happened to them... I want to help them

LJ: They seem like they need help if they were trapped...

=> Burn, baby, burn.
=> Jean: Burn.

You ignite the LICHEN.

Predictably to anyone with a brain, the fire spreads, lighting the entire structure on FIRE. You have to take a step back from the heat.

SS: well,
SS: the plan was to turn the lighthouse on,
SS: but this works too i guess.

It's very warm.

-

=> Leto: Climb.

SJ: No clue.
SJ: None of us had a frog planet.

You reach the top of the spire. The SECOND GATE sits there, patiently turning, waiting for player entry.

=> Jean: hmm

JL: well at least its not that cold anymore
JL: look at me, solving puzzles
JL: bet you didnt think this savy random asshole would be able to figure this brain tickler out so fast huh, game
JL: why did i need to light it anyway

You stand back, looking on in mild disappointment. You figured your first puzzle wouldn't end in so much....arson, you guess. But whatever helps you progress through and puts boondollars in your pocket.

=>
LJ: I see
LJ: I suppose that makes sense, as Jean's place seems to be vastly different from mine
LJ: I suppose it isn't unreasonable to assume that the same applies to you :)

=> Leto: Enter
With a confident step forward, you enter.

And while you step forward, your mind can't help but rush with thoughts. You wonder where Nan is, where Jean is in relation to you...it makes your hands shake, becoming less confident in your movements​

Last edited:
=> 2 -> 1
=> Jean: Enjoy lovely fireside evening.

SS: youre truly a mastermind.

SS: anyway,
SS: your friend needed a way to find you without us.

SS: since me and sj gotta go.

-

=> Leto: Fall.

SJ: Well, i gotta leave you here.

SJ: Me and ss have to get going.

You fall.

Seems you and Jean neglected to build further, and when you pop out of the gate, there is no building to meet you. You open the parasol to slow your descent easily. You land in Jean's FIRST GATE.

You appear in a windy autumnal forest.

SJ: You should be able to find a fire? weird.
SJ: Head to the fire and you should be fine.

=> Jean: huh?

JL: huh?
JL: dude thats whack, where are you going?
JL: what the hell was any of this for?
JL: wait, im meeting leto?
JL: i still have all these goddamn questions man!
JL: like who you two even are and why the hell youre helping us anyway?
JL: eugh

The fire rages on before you. Maybe this would be poetic if its werent so absolutely stupid. The lighthouse stands as a beacon for all incoming Girl Detectives.

=> Leto: Let the wind guide you

Look for a fire, eh? Should be easy! Once you have your footing, you allow yourself to jump and let the wind carry you in a direction as you message Jean. He could use an update on your location...

LJ: I'm in a windy forest!
LJ: I tried to go through a gate but it spat me out into one of your gates I think...
LJ: I was told to find a fire so I'm going to do that!!

LJ: Thank you for your help :)
LJ: I greatly appreciate it!

=> Fire
=> Jean: Question.

SS: dude, chill.

SS: we got a third guy who can help.
SS: but thatll be a minute.
SS: and ive been up for like 20 hours.
SS: i need to sleep.

SS: later.

-- sanguinarySchismatic has ceased pestering you! --

-

=> Leto: Fly?

nah. It's windy, but a breeze ain't gonna carry you through the trees.

But you walk a while until you find an opening in the trees, at cliff's edge, you see the fullness of the Land of Shine and Strata laid out before you. Below in a nearby valley, there is the largest fire you have ever seen.

SJ: Don't mention it!

SJ: See ya later!

-- skyboundJehosephat has ceased pestering you! --

=> Jean: fuck

Great. Looks like youre all out of annoying red text to pester meaning through. And seems as though they've been up a while too. Hm, you feel very comfortable around this fire, warmed in the middle of this windy, cold planet youve been venturing through for a while.

You make a pillow out of your letterman jacket, reclining yourself as you watch the fire roar and burn to signal Leto. Your migrained is still prevalent, but at this point you cant bother exacerbating it by staying awake.

Maybe.....maybe it wouldnt hurt to...to catch a wink...or....two....

=> Jean: sleep

=> Leto: Jump
You jump off of the cliff, like a hooligan. What would Nan think?! To be so reckless with your safety?! But right now, you're focused on that fire.

=> Leto: Float
That's a lot of trust you're putting in your parasol, missy. At this point, there isn't much of a choice to.

As you slowly float down, enjoying the feeling of the breeze in your hair, your eyes remain fixed on the smoke of the fire. Both admiring its beauty and also making sure you don't run straight into it. Closing your eyes whenever your eyes began to sting, you began to think about those two...

SS and SJ, who exactly were they? And why did they want to help? You can't be sure just yet, but you have a feeling they're important.

Oh well, no use worrying about it now.

=> Dreams and notes.
=> Jean: Drift.

You drift into the dark abyss of sleep.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

-

=> Leto: Drift.

You meander your way down until you finally reach the ground. You land by a towering TOADSTOOL, and begin making your way to the fire.

After a couple of minutes, you reach an ABANDONED VILLAGE, much like the one on LOSAF, but this one has something that one didn't have: a massive BURNING LIGHTHOUSE with a SLEEPING BOY with...

Is that a post-it note on his face?

=> Jean: sleep

You sleep. Unlike your companion for you there is nothing waiting for you while you rest. Only darkness. You are unmoved, dreaming of vague impressions of Scott McCall, Movie Monsters and a vague shilouette of a girl.....shes standing above you, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back