Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

I figured the Flames would get a haul for MT, but this was a bit higher then expected with Huberdeau & Weegar plus a first round pick and a prospect. I’ll take it though haha

I was figuring the Panthers would fall anyhow before this trade. Now I’m guessing they want high powered younger players to jumpstart a youth movement or something…. Idk, just a guess at this point. Florida definitely has been Wild with their moves though. Haha

Unless I’m missing a few things on the flames side and who’s a free agent for them, I do believe this really adds even more depth to a pretty good depth chart at defenseman mixing younger guys and vets to fill out that side of the roster. No idea who Cole Schwindt is tbh but maybe he will be decent. Huberdeau helps replace the Tkachuk scoring and numbers. Now just filling out the forwards to replace the scoring and Playmaking Johnny G gave them and they will be fine by the looks of things. (Maybe Dube or one of the younger forwards will step up this year or a collection of guys to collectively help out there. Like Mangi & Dube)

A crazy off-season so far.
I think this is a Flames W tbh because they did lose Johnny hockey and now Matthew Tkachuk. Calgary is gonna be good with Huberdeau and Weegar isn't half bad. Plus, now you guys have that fancy new prospect, so hopefully he does well for you guys.

Me too, I think the Panthers had one year to win the cup, 2022, but they fell short and failed. It was like the Islanders too, we had one year to win the cup- 2022, but we failed miserably due to a multitude of reasons.

Yes indeed, a WILD off season so far, haha.

I think this is a Flames W tbh because they did lose Johnny hockey and now Matthew Tkachuk. Calgary is gonna be good with Huberdeau and Weegar isn't half bad. Plus, now you guys have that fancy new prospect, so hopefully he does well for you guys.

Me too, I think the Panthers had one year to win the cup, 2022, but they fell short and failed. It was like the Islanders too, we had one year to win the cup- 2022, but we failed miserably due to a multitude of reasons.

Yes indeed, a WILD off season so far, haha.
Oh yeah I like the return for the Flames. Just wasn’t expecting it to be this good. I was figuring a big haul of picks and prospects pretty much like my Jazz are doing in RL in Basketball and will be continuing to do so this off-season going forward.

Agreed.

It has been haha. So many crazy big moves and I hear Tarasenko of the blues could still be moved at some point. (I read he requested a trade out of St. Louis. Though how much is true idk yet)

Oh yeah I like the return for the Flames. Just wasn’t expecting it to be this good. I was figuring a big haul of picks and prospects pretty much like my Jazz are doing in RL in Basketball and will be continuing to do so this off-season going forward.

Agreed.

It has been haha. So many crazy big moves and I hear Tarasenko of the blues could still be moved at some point. (I read he requested a trade out of St. Louis. Though how much is true idk yet)
Oh yea, my friends are Knicks fans (and like I told you, one of them is funny enough, a Jazz fan lol) and they're super hyped about the rumor that they're getting Donavon Mitchell possibly.

Good point, I heard some rumors about Tarasenko finally leaving the Blues organization soon. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. I know there's a lot of upset Isles fans wanting Lou to make some moves like getting Gaudreau (failed), Tkachuk (failed), and now Tarasenko.

Oh yea, my friends are Knicks fans (and like I told you, one of them is funny enough, a Jazz fan lol) and they're super hyped about the rumor that they're getting Donavon Mitchell possibly.

Good point, I heard some rumors about Tarasenko finally leaving the Blues organization soon. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. I know there's a lot of upset Isles fans wanting Lou to make some moves like getting Gaudreau (failed), Tkachuk (failed), and now Tarasenko.
Yeah lol, I keep hearing the Knicks are the most likely team to get Spyda. (Donovan Mitchell’s nickname) I’m just hoping the Jazz don’t screw the return.

I’ve been seeing the Isles in the Tarasenko talks. One trade idea I saw well many actually during the Tkachuk rumors to the Blues. One trade idea saw the Isles involved in a 3 team trade with Tarasenko going to the Isles. Wonder if a more direct Blues-Isles deal gets done now with the Panthers/Flames trade.

Yeah lol, I keep hearing the Knicks are the most likely team to get Spyda. (Donovan Mitchell’s nickname) I’m just hoping the Jazz don’t screw the return.

I’ve been seeing the Isles in the Tarasenko talks. One trade idea I saw well many actually during the Tkachuk rumors to the Blues. One trade idea saw the Isles involved in a 3 team trade with Tarasenko going to the Isles. Wonder if a more direct Blues-Isles deal gets done now with the Panthers/Flames trade.
Oh yea, I know his nickname due to my friend who is a huge Jazz fan haha.

Haha, I wish man. I doubt Lou will do anything of note in the off season after seeing his inaction already.

It would be interesting tho if the Isles did get Tarasenko. He does wear the number 91, and maybe you don't know, but we retired that number for Butch Goring, once John Tavares left, who as you might know wears the number 91. Wonder what number Vladimir would wear on the Isles.

Oh yea, I know his nickname due to my friend who is a huge Jazz fan haha.

Haha, I wish man. I doubt Lou will do anything of note in the off season after seeing his inaction already.

It would be interesting tho if the Isles did get Tarasenko. He does wear the number 91, and maybe you don't know, but we retired that number for Butch Goring, once John Tavares left, who as you might know wears the number 91. Wonder what number Vladimir would wear on the Isles.
Oh gotcha haha. Wasn’t sure there if you knew or not. Cool though

The inaction has been a bit surprising as a guy watching from afar and not tied to the Isles or the community over there like you and others fans. But has seemed a bit surprising.

I think I recall us talking about Goring before or maybe it was someone else his name was mentioned. Idk now. But somehow I think I did hear that from somewhere. Would be interesting to see Tarasenko join the Isles and see which number he rocks in NY. A nice pick up and counter to what the Rangers have been adding this off-season. He’d definitely bring plenty of scoring to your team if anything.

Oh gotcha haha. Wasn’t sure there if you knew or not. Cool though

The inaction has been a bit surprising as a guy watching from afar and not tied to the Isles or the community over there like you and others fans. But has seemed a bit surprising.

I think I recall us talking about Goring before or maybe it was someone else his name was mentioned. Idk now. But somehow I think I did hear that from somewhere. Would be interesting to see Tarasenko join the Isles and see which number he rocks in NY. A nice pick up and counter to what the Rangers have been adding this off-season. He’d definitely bring plenty of scoring to your team if anything.
Yea, all good and I appreciate you for informing me, because I really don't know much about basketball.

Yea, must be wild.

Yes, we talked about Goring because he's one of the Islanders commentators. Love him in that job. Former player who won the cups with us back in the 80's lol, so that's a plus haha.

I really want Tarasenko in NY but I know that's never gonna happen lol.

Yea, all good and I appreciate you for informing me, because I really don't know much about basketball.

Yea, must be wild.

Yes, we talked about Goring because he's one of the Islanders commentators. Love him in that job. Former player who won the cups with us back in the 80's lol, so that's a plus haha.

I really want Tarasenko in NY but I know that's never gonna happen lol.
No problem.

Oh yeah it’s becoming more clear now haha. Definitely a NYI legend and though I haven’t heard his commentary I’d imagine he’s pretty well loved in Isles nation.

That would be awesome to see. But fair lol, though maybe Lou will surprise the Isles with a Tarasenko move. At the moment I think Romanov might be the lone pick up for the Isles so far, right?

No problem.

Oh yeah it’s becoming more clear now haha. Definitely a NYI legend and though I haven’t heard his commentary I’d imagine he’s pretty well loved in Isles nation.

That would be awesome to see. But fair lol, though maybe Lou will surprise the Isles with a Tarasenko move. At the moment I think Romanov might be the lone pick up for the Isles so far, right?
Yes, big Isles legend.

And yes, the lone move this year has been a first round pick for Romanov.

Been awhile but thought I’d hop online and say hello. A few moves or so since my last appearance here in the world of hockey. It was seemingly always between two teams, but looks like my Flames pulled off the signing of Kadri! Awesome! Although I’d be lying if I said the length of the deal wasn’t concerning to me. Kinda surprised he got seven years from Calgary or anyone really that would have signed him. Can’t help but I wonder and worry about the back end of this deal and how it will age even though I get it’s a win now mentality and trying to maximize those efforts regardless of the long term outlook. While on a side note, kinda sad to see Monahan leave via trade to Montreal (also kinda hate the fact we traded yet another first round pick. But ah well) it was wishful thinking and not the most likely thing to happen, but was kinda hoping to see Monahan bounce back with Calgary and get his career back on track after a couple down seasons and Injuries derailed him a bit. Would have been a nice story and cool to see happen in the final year of his contract.

But rounding out the news… Kadri with the Flames should add some extra intrigue to the battle of Alberta. Maybe he will bring the type of attitude and play to boost the flames come playoffs time. (That Edmonton series still stings something fierce….)

Still pretty early but already decided come NHL 23, I’ll be trying out that Enforcer archetype and make a Ryan Reaves build for the first BAP in 23. Just sounds like a new and fun idea to try out this year. (Some of Those Enforcer attributes starting out kept me from trying it in the past)

So, anyways, how’s it going? Now that I’ve rambled a bit in my return post. Haha

Been awhile but thought I’d hop online and say hello. A few moves or so since my last appearance here in the world of hockey. It was seemingly always between two teams, but looks like my Flames pulled off the signing of Kadri! Awesome! Although I’d be lying if I said the length of the deal wasn’t concerning to me. Kinda surprised he got seven years from Calgary or anyone really that would have signed him. Can’t help but I wonder and worry about the back end of this deal and how it will age even though I get it’s a win now mentality and trying to maximize those efforts regardless of the long term outlook. While on a side note, kinda sad to see Monahan leave via trade to Montreal (also kinda hate the fact we traded yet another first round pick. But ah well) it was wishful thinking and not the most likely thing to happen, but was kinda hoping to see Monahan bounce back with Calgary and get his career back on track after a couple down seasons and Injuries derailed him a bit. Would have been a nice story and cool to see happen in the final year of his contract.

But rounding out the news… Kadri with the Flames should add some extra intrigue to the battle of Alberta. Maybe he will bring the type of attitude and play to boost the flames come playoffs time. (That Edmonton series still stings something fierce….)

Still pretty early but already decided come NHL 23, I’ll be trying out that Enforcer archetype and make a Ryan Reaves build for the first BAP in 23. Just sounds like a new and fun idea to try out this year. (Some of Those Enforcer attributes starting out kept me from trying it in the past)

So, anyways, how’s it going? Now that I’ve rambled a bit in my return post. Haha
Hey welcome back! Always nice to hear from you! In fact I was literally just thinking today of messaging you since there were some huge moves regarding one of your team's especially- the Calgary Flames. I saw the Kadri deal! Wild because everyone thought Lou was gonna sign Kadri to a 7 x 7 deal with the isles for a while and then boom- this happened! Ngl, as an Isles fan, I'm disappointed with Lou for just this season and off season in general, but I'm SUPER happy we did not waste cap space and sign Kadri for too much money for 7 years.

Don't get me wrong, Kadri is an excellent player and a great guy to have on the team and on the ice, but he is 32 years old. In the long run, that deal is gonna come back to bite the Flames once Kadri declines in his older age. It's just natural and happens, so of course I do think he was signed for too much money and for too long- something I was nervous the Isles were gonna do with a Kadri deal. So yea, your concerns are totally valid and ones I had myself lol.

And of course today too, Monahan to the Habs to make some cap space room for the Kadri deal for the Flames. Sad to see Monahan's decline but hopefully he does fine in Montreal.

Ah BAP, tbh I haven't played it much (or Xbox in general) due to my summer job I've been working, but that's cool to see. I'm excited for NHL 23. I kinda went with a Ryan Reaves-ish build with my NHL 21 BAP guy (although he was more like Chara except he wasn't a defensemen lol).

And lol, don't worry about rambling on, you didn't do that here. It's nice to hear from ya again. I've been fine although yesterday I think I came down with some sort of cold, so that has sucked. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. Hopefully you are doing well tho! : )

Hey welcome back! Always nice to hear from you! In fact I was literally just thinking today of messaging you since there were some huge moves regarding one of your team's especially- the Calgary Flames. I saw the Kadri deal! Wild because everyone thought Lou was gonna sign Kadri to a 7 x 7 deal with the isles for a while and then boom- this happened! Ngl, as an Isles fan, I'm disappointed with Lou for just this season and off season in general, but I'm SUPER happy we did not waste cap space and sign Kadri for too much money for 7 years.

Don't get me wrong, Kadri is an excellent player and a great guy to have on the team and on the ice, but he is 32 years old. In the long run, that deal is gonna come back to bite the Flames once Kadri declines in his older age. It's just natural and happens, so of course I do think he was signed for too much money and for too long- something I was nervous the Isles were gonna do with a Kadri deal. So yea, your concerns are totally valid and ones I had myself lol.

And of course today too, Monahan to the Habs to make some cap space room for the Kadri deal for the Flames. Sad to see Monahan's decline but hopefully he does fine in Montreal.

Ah BAP, tbh I haven't played it much (or Xbox in general) due to my summer job I've been working, but that's cool to see. I'm excited for NHL 23. I kinda went with a Ryan Reaves-ish build with my NHL 21 BAP guy (although he was more like Chara except he wasn't a defensemen lol).

And lol, don't worry about rambling on, you didn't do that here. It's nice to hear from ya again. I've been fine although yesterday I think I came down with some sort of cold, so that has sucked. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. Hopefully you are doing well tho! : )
Thanks! Glad to be back and talking hockey again with you! Yeah, I kept hearing it was between the Flames & Isles with the Isles being the main team I’ve been hearing lately til the Flames swooped in and finished the job. It was to the point where I saw reports he was in a handshake type agreement with the Isles and it was just a matter of NY clearing cap space by moving Bailey or someone else. So, I was kinda surprised the Calgary Flames swooped in but knew they were one of two possible and likely teams for Kadri. I was or would have much rather preferred a four year deal and that seemed more realistic and team friendly for a guy in his early 30’s in hockey. Agreed though, excellent player still but also agreed that 7 X 7 type deal for Kadri was a bit much with the back end more then likely will come back to haunt the Flames.

I guess in the end and taking a positive spin on this deal would be our GM is willing to spend and do what they can to win now. Even if the length is a risky play that will come back to hurt us down the line. Lol (possibly not a care for him right now, since he’s looking to keep his job)

I can definitely understand why your happy about the Isles not pulling the trigger on that deal. It’s definitely not the most team friendly deal in the long term. Haha.

Agreed. Hopefully Monahan can turn it around and have a nice run with the Habs. Or least have a healthy and decent season for his sake and a from a fan of his game and him being a now former flame.

I haven’t really gamed either. Between RL matters and work it’s been too busy and consuming to do much in the way of Xbox/PlayStation or NHL in general. Understandable there though with your end being too busy as well. Same though, looking forward to 23. Oh yeah, I remember that build and makes sense lol. I for some reason keep thinking Reaves is closer to Chara’s height then he actually is, I keep forgetting he’s 6’1/6’2 range and not the 6’5/6’6 range I keep thinking he is. Still not Chara’s height but still. Might just be the way he plays and how well known of a enforcer he is that has me thinking he’s taller then 6’2.

Ok cool. Lol. Felt like a small ramble after all this time away and posting again. Too bad on the cold though, glad to hear that overall everything is fine for you though! It’s been rough in some areas but should be fine. Thanks! I will say during my time away I managed to anger and caused some disagreements with hockey fans online over on YT that were a bit funny. (Well mildly imo, just cause how different the opinions were in comparison to my own and considering of all the posts only one generated a response like that haha.)

Thanks! Glad to be back and talking hockey again with you! Yeah, I kept hearing it was between the Flames & Isles with the Isles being the main team I’ve been hearing lately til the Flames swooped in and finished the job. It was to the point where I saw reports he was in a handshake type agreement with the Isles and it was just a matter of NY clearing cap space by moving Bailey or someone else. So, I was kinda surprised the Calgary Flames swooped in but knew they were one of two possible and likely teams for Kadri. I was or would have much rather preferred a four year deal and that seemed more realistic and team friendly for a guy in his early 30’s in hockey. Agreed though, excellent player still but also agreed that 7 X 7 type deal for Kadri was a bit much with the back end more then likely will come back to haunt the Flames.

I guess in the end and taking a positive spin on this deal would be our GM is willing to spend and do what they can to win now. Even if the length is a risky play that will come back to hurt us down the line. Lol (possibly not a care for him right now, since he’s looking to keep his job)

I can definitely understand why your happy about the Isles not pulling the trigger on that deal. It’s definitely not the most team friendly deal in the long term. Haha.

Agreed. Hopefully Monahan can turn it around and have a nice run with the Habs. Or least have a healthy and decent season for his sake and a from a fan of his game and him being a now former flame.

I haven’t really gamed either. Between RL matters and work it’s been too busy and consuming to do much in the way of Xbox/PlayStation or NHL in general. Understandable there though with your end being too busy as well. Same though, looking forward to 23. Oh yeah, I remember that build and makes sense lol. I for some reason keep thinking Reaves is closer to Chara’s height then he actually is, I keep forgetting he’s 6’1/6’2 range and not the 6’5/6’6 range I keep thinking he is. Still not Chara’s height but still. Might just be the way he plays and how well known of a enforcer he is that has me thinking he’s taller then 6’2.

Ok cool. Lol. Felt like a small ramble after all this time away and posting again. Too bad on the cold though, glad to hear that overall everything is fine for you though! It’s been rough in some areas but should be fine. Thanks! I will say during my time away I managed to anger and caused some disagreements with hockey fans online over on YT that were a bit funny. (Well mildly imo, just cause how different the opinions were in comparison to my own and considering of all the posts only one generated a response like that haha.)
Haha yea! Always down to talk hockey! I do enjoy our talks, so nice and pleasantly surprising to see another hockey fan here on RPN lol. But yea, Flames swooped in and actually finished the job. While I'm glad we didn't sign Kadri personally, that just shows you how Lou couldn't keep a deal going and is declining in performance as a GM. Disappointing. What a shitty off season for the Isles, we are literally being laughed at and mocked when a couple of years ago, we were cup favorites. Lou is being mocked and made fun of by other fan bases, and it makes us look bad lol.

But yea, I believe that 7 x 7 deal with Kadri (and with Huberdeau) is gonna come back to bite the Flames in the ass in about 5 years sadly for you, lol.

Agreed. I see the Habs going on a good run next season tbh. Hoping for good times in Montreal tbh since I do quite like the Habs as maybe I've told you.

Yep, real life and work have definitely gotten in the way of my gaming lol. I did win a cup tho in my second season of the Isles, so that was nice. Sadly I got injured in the playoffs so I wasn't there for the game 7 2-1 win against the Canucks Stanley Cup celebration lol. It's been nice being the Islanders captain lol. Also yea lol, Reaves is much smaller than the beast that is big Z lol.

No it's ok, it's not a ramble. We've just had a lot to catch up on tbh lol. We've both been quite busy lol. Ah, as a quite frankly toxic hockey fan myself, I do quite enjoy angering soft Leafs and Rangers fans online ngl. It's fun really getting under someone's skin, especially if you're like me and you can really chirp and trash talk and do it easily. I can probably trash talk every team in the league. Toxic? A bit, yes lol, but hey, at least I can back myself up and defend my team. I do usually tend to troll the hell out of Leafs fans (easy as hell) and brain dead Rangers fans. I've gotten many a post that got an out roar of angry hockey fans on like Reddit or something lol. The viewers of r/hockey and r/nhl are idiots lol.

Haha yea! Always down to talk hockey! I do enjoy our talks, so nice and pleasantly surprising to see another hockey fan here on RPN lol. But yea, Flames swooped in and actually finished the job. While I'm glad we didn't sign Kadri personally, that just shows you how Lou couldn't keep a deal going and is declining in performance as a GM. Disappointing. What a shitty off season for the Isles, we are literally being laughed at and mocked when a couple of years ago, we were cup favorites. Lou is being mocked and made fun of by other fan bases, and it makes us look bad lol.

But yea, I believe that 7 x 7 deal with Kadri (and with Huberdeau) is gonna come back to bite the Flames in the ass in about 5 years sadly for you, lol.

Agreed. I see the Habs going on a good run next season tbh. Hoping for good times in Montreal tbh since I do quite like the Habs as maybe I've told you.

Yep, real life and work have definitely gotten in the way of my gaming lol. I did win a cup tho in my second season of the Isles, so that was nice. Sadly I got injured in the playoffs so I wasn't there for the game 7 2-1 win against the Canucks Stanley Cup celebration lol. It's been nice being the Islanders captain lol. Also yea lol, Reaves is much smaller than the beast that is big Z lol.

No it's ok, it's not a ramble. We've just had a lot to catch up on tbh lol. We've both been quite busy lol. Ah, as a quite frankly toxic hockey fan myself, I do quite enjoy angering soft Leafs and Rangers fans online ngl. It's fun really getting under someone's skin, especially if you're like me and you can really chirp and trash talk and do it easily. I can probably trash talk every team in the league. Toxic? A bit, yes lol, but hey, at least I can back myself up and defend my team. I do usually tend to troll the hell out of Leafs fans (easy as hell) and brain dead Rangers fans. I've gotten many a post that got an out roar of angry hockey fans on like Reddit or something lol. The viewers of r/hockey and r/nhl are idiots lol.
Agreed haha! Surprised to see other sports fans in general personally. But a nice surprise to see a fellow hockey fan. Yeah it’s been a surprising off-season to say the least from Lou and the Isles. I was expecting more somehow, I don’t know what exactly, nothing too major but something more then what’s been done. Taking Trotz out of play as that was a pretty obvious shocker for me and a well disliked move by Lou amongst Isles fans. But I would have thought a few player movements beyond Romanov would have been in play. (Maybe, A Tarasenko trade will happen?) But yeah, a tough off-season for the Isles and surprised to see this lack of moves from Lou. Rough to see for you guys and the response your getting for it.

Agreed on Kadri. Hoping we maximize the first few years to make the back end worth the problems it will cause us. (Besides wanting the Flames to win the cup either way lol) Huberdeau I thought was a bit too long of a deal. Big money I get, but basically matching what Tkachuk got when one is 24 and the other is approaching 30 I believe is not a favorable look imo. Five-Six years maybe I’m fine with it, actually wouldn’t have a issue that type of deal at all honestly. But that long term deal is a bad combo with the 7 x 7 Kadri and we are looking to lock up Weegar with a deal as well…. I see the Flames hitting Wild territory cap wise down the road and the Wild are just barely on the ending season of those blasted buyouts Guerin did. (Stupidly imo… but a gutsy move from a gutsy guy I guess lol) But yeah, sadly, I can’t disagree with that outlook. Lol. The Flames in roughly five to six years will be hurting. (Plus all these young quality players we have making up a good portion of our depth with these vets…. Guys we drafted and have turned out really nice, will also be needing contracts too on some level down the road. Unless I’m off on their timelines which is possible)

Yeah I do recall you mentioning it. I think that was why I figured you’d probably like the draft options, if going 1 or 2 like you would normally easily do in BAP with 23 having the Habs with the top pick. It’s not the Isles but I think that’s a thought I shared before and figured you might like if we are stuck going top two without experimenting to get lower. I do agree though, I think the Habs will be nice this year. I don’t know how far they will go, but definitely see them having a nice bounce back season with their moves, St.Louis being in place from the start of the season and the young guys they’ve got in place.

Oh nice! A good cup win for the Isles with your guy. Too bad on the injury and timing but good win for the team. The C as well hey? Also nice! Haha. Yeah that’s true lol, he’s much smaller. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Wild or Flames picking up Reaves though, pairing him with lucic or Greenway would be a great protection unit for our stars lol.

True lol. I pretty much stay mellow in comparison lol, Mostly cause my patience and energy isn’t what it used to be and some people are just…. Well, they pretty much troll or deny facts and/or reason on high levels and it’s draining least for me. Lol. I could back it up and chirp fine but the energy just isn’t there some days. But yeah, I’d say my take was rather mellow for basically stating the Bruins, Caps and Pens just were not going to be that good or a guarantee for the playoffs. just cause they have a few big name vets still around to shoulder the load for them doesn’t mean much imo, if anything it’s that over reliance that hurts them more then it helps. Plus the injuries to key players to start the year for extended periods before they return also doesn’t help. But yeah, it was kinda mild for how far I could trash those teams if I wanted to and this followed a Vegas post that was similar while I stated Philly will be better then expected with Tortz and some of their moves they made. (Didn’t say they’d make the playoffs but would be better then expected by most. On paper they aren’t that bad looking and Tortz should definitely help with their level of play and get the most out of them as possible) But it can be fun seeing certain fanbases riled up whenever their team isn’t being praised and said to be anything but playoff caliber. Haha.

I can definitely see the fun in riling up Leafs and Rangers fans though lol.

Agreed haha! Surprised to see other sports fans in general personally. But a nice surprise to see a fellow hockey fan. Yeah it’s been a surprising off-season to say the least from Lou and the Isles. I was expecting more somehow, I don’t know what exactly, nothing too major but something more then what’s been done. Taking Trotz out of play as that was a pretty obvious shocker for me and a well disliked move by Lou amongst Isles fans. But I would have thought a few player movements beyond Romanov would have been in play. (Maybe, A Tarasenko trade will happen?) But yeah, a tough off-season for the Isles and surprised to see this lack of moves from Lou. Rough to see for you guys and the response your getting for it.

Agreed on Kadri. Hoping we maximize the first few years to make the back end worth the problems it will cause us. (Besides wanting the Flames to win the cup either way lol) Huberdeau I thought was a bit too long of a deal. Big money I get, but basically matching what Tkachuk got when one is 24 and the other is approaching 30 I believe is not a favorable look imo. Five-Six years maybe I’m fine with it, actually wouldn’t have a issue that type of deal at all honestly. But that long term deal is a bad combo with the 7 x 7 Kadri and we are looking to lock up Weegar with a deal as well…. I see the Flames hitting Wild territory cap wise down the road and the Wild are just barely on the ending season of those blasted buyouts Guerin did. (Stupidly imo… but a gutsy move from a gutsy guy I guess lol) But yeah, sadly, I can’t disagree with that outlook. Lol. The Flames in roughly five to six years will be hurting. (Plus all these young quality players we have making up a good portion of our depth with these vets…. Guys we drafted and have turned out really nice, will also be needing contracts too on some level down the road. Unless I’m off on their timelines which is possible)

Yeah I do recall you mentioning it. I think that was why I figured you’d probably like the draft options, if going 1 or 2 like you would normally easily do in BAP with 23 having the Habs with the top pick. It’s not the Isles but I think that’s a thought I shared before and figured you might like if we are stuck going top two without experimenting to get lower. I do agree though, I think the Habs will be nice this year. I don’t know how far they will go, but definitely see them having a nice bounce back season with their moves, St.Louis being in place from the start of the season and the young guys they’ve got in place.

Oh nice! A good cup win for the Isles with your guy. Too bad on the injury and timing but good win for the team. The C as well hey? Also nice! Haha. Yeah that’s true lol, he’s much smaller. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Wild or Flames picking up Reaves though, pairing him with lucic or Greenway would be a great protection unit for our stars lol.

True lol. I pretty much stay mellow in comparison lol, Mostly cause my patience and energy isn’t what it used to be and some people are just…. Well, they pretty much troll or deny facts and/or reason on high levels and it’s draining least for me. Lol. I could back it up and chirp fine but the energy just isn’t there some days. But yeah, I’d say my take was rather mellow for basically stating the Bruins, Caps and Pens just were not going to be that good or a guarantee for the playoffs. just cause they have a few big name vets still around to shoulder the load for them doesn’t mean much imo, if anything it’s that over reliance that hurts them more then it helps. Plus the injuries to key players to start the year for extended periods before they return also doesn’t help. But yeah, it was kinda mild for how far I could trash those teams if I wanted to and this followed a Vegas post that was similar while I stated Philly will be better then expected with Tortz and some of their moves they made. (Didn’t say they’d make the playoffs but would be better then expected by most. On paper they aren’t that bad looking and Tortz should definitely help with their level of play and get the most out of them as possible) But it can be fun seeing certain fanbases riled up whenever their team isn’t being praised and said to be anything but playoff caliber. Haha.

I can definitely see the fun in riling up Leafs and Rangers fans though lol.
Definitely agree on that one. Surprised to see sports fans on here lol.

Yea, big L off season for Lou….

Good moves for the Flames rn for sure, but in the future we shall see if they pay off. A pretty sane take there from you I think.

Oh yea! Habs got top pick next year and Devils 2nd! Excited as hell to play NHL 23.

Hell yea, the cup and the C lol. And Reaves is a great goon player btw irl.

I totally get it. I seem to always be in the mood to chirp and trash talk and obliterate the other dude and send them crying home to their sad Leafs mommy lmao.

So fun and easy to get a riot out of those two fan bases in particular.

Definitely agree on that one. Surprised to see sports fans on here lol.

Yea, big L off season for Lou….

Good moves for the Flames rn for sure, but in the future we shall see if they pay off. A pretty sane take there from you I think.

Oh yea! Habs got top pick next year and Devils 2nd! Excited as hell to play NHL 23.

Hell yea, the cup and the C lol. And Reaves is a great goon player btw irl.

I totally get it. I seem to always be in the mood to chirp and trash talk and obliterate the other dude and send them crying home to their sad Leafs mommy lmao.

So fun and easy to get a riot out of those two fan bases in particular.
Oh yeah definitely.

You think if this year fails, the Isles look to move on from Ol’ Lou? Since I’m not a fanbase rep or a New Yorker living in the state, couldn’t really say what might happen. But curious considering this Wild Isles off-season and the way the Isles fell off this past year with everything that happened to them, how the ownership group will respond if this season doesn’t work out or just plain goes bad enough if Lou is kicked out or is given more time. (Hopefully it doesn’t go poorly, could really see myself wanting to see the Isles knock out some eastern conference teams for me that I can’t personally stand. Besides the fact I’ve no issues with the Isles either, plenty worthy of respect and no Ill will. Plus the more teams joining the playoff race in the East the better to knockout some playoff regulars I’d like to see fall back out.

Agreed! I’m going to just try and avoid thinking long term and enjoy the present haha. (Barring any unforeseen circumstances getting in the way)

Same! NHL 23 will be a lot of fun. Especially with all these new look rosters that will be interesting to see closer to final form. Also can’t wait to see the new Jersey’s once they revealed for this season.

Agreed

Haha I understand that for sure. Those can be fun times when they happen.

Yeah I can see it haha. There are a few teams in each league that are like that lol, always good fun there.

Started watching a new hockey channel on YT, it’s been around for some years now but just recently came across it. Kind of a laid back, hockey news, reaction and laid back opinion type of hockey centric channel that’s been pretty good and chill. But got me to thinking about ranking each divisions teams in order from favorite to least/or hated teams. Kinda stems from boredom with not much free time to do something else lately but curiosity too, just to see what my opinions of teams are like now. Then if I’ve got time to add a addition of ranking those from 1-32 what that list might look like. This channel and another hockey jersey related channel I just came across got me thinking of these kinds of ideas between teams and team jerseys. (Though the jersey side would be a separate more time consuming one I’m thinking.)

YES! We need to fire Lou! The fanbase is honestly split on this but I fully support booting that old coot. He’s done here on LI I think.

Makes sense lol. Only time will tell I guess.

Exactly. I also hope they add some new things to NHL 23.

Oh that channel seems interesting. What’s it called if you remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back