Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Yo did you see Talbot to the Sens in exchange for Gustafsson for the Wild? Goalie trade.
Yeah I saw it I think yesterday….? I figured we’d trade him at some point with Fleury coming back and Talbot being upset with the team. Kinda shocked we did a straight trade of goalies though haha. Gustafsson seems to be pretty decent for his age, hopefully being a young goalie with potential he turns out and we keep him around for awhile. but won’t hold my breath, Wild and young goalies never seem to last even really good ones like we’ve had in recent memory. Lol

Nice cap relief though besides the young goalie potential.

Yeah just saw that one, too bad for those guys though. Interesting moves by CBJ and Ottawa imo. If Johnny G can keep the level of play going it should be a really nice team in CBJ offensively. Defense might be ok.
Yea some CRAZY moves in the free agency period today! Wild stuff.

Yea some CRAZY moves in the free agency period today! Wild stuff.
Yeah definitely! I’ve lost track how many moves happened just during the afternoon hours alone. Ducks added a couple forwards. Caps added DK. Rangers & Canes look a fair bit different compared to those playoff rosters they had not too long ago. Panthers are going to fall off big imo, unless they make or did make some moves to replace what they’ve lost already.

Yeah definitely! I’ve lost track how many moves happened just during the afternoon hours alone. Ducks added a couple forwards. Caps added DK. Rangers & Canes look a fair bit different compared to those playoff rosters they had not too long ago. Panthers are going to fall off big imo, unless they make or did make some moves to replace what they’ve lost already.
Yea that's so true man. There's been so many moves this off season I've lost track.

Yea that's so true man. There's been so many moves this off season I've lost track.
Agreed. I mixed up the Kraken’s signing with one of the Panthers skaters…. My bad. Maybe not as big a fall off for the Panthers but still a slight dip with two key names leaving town.

Jack Campbell to the Oilers just saw that one. Goalies moving around quite a bit already. Kinda Interesting signing.

Edit: Palat leaves the Bolts and joins the Devils. I kinda love this and seeing a key Bolt leave town for another Easter conference team.

Last edited:
Agreed. I mixed up the Kraken’s signing with one of the Panthers skaters…. My bad. Maybe not as big a fall off for the Panthers but still a slight dip with two key names leaving town.

Jack Campbell to the Oilers just saw that one. Goalies moving around quite a bit already. Kinda Interesting signing.

Edit: Palat leaves the Bolts and joins the Devils. I kinda love this and seeing a key Bolt leave town for another Easter conference team.
All good.

Yes I saw that. Campbell to the Oilers. Did you see Kuemper, the Stanley Cup winning goalie to the Caps? Crazy!

Palat with the Devils should be interesting. Mans in my metro division now lol.

All good.

Yes I saw that. Campbell to the Oilers. Did you see Kuemper, the Stanley Cup winning goalie to the Caps? Crazy!

Palat with the Devils should be interesting. Mans in my metro division now lol.
Yeah that was the Caps added DK I think I had in a earlier post. Or might be just thinking I posted a mention to it. Caps revamping their goalie situation was interesting, didn’t think they needed a change in net tbh but I’m not a caps fan so guess it doesn’t bother me either way. DK when healthy can be pretty good though.

Yeah lol. Devils looking to compete now with key players and young talent starting to come together with a fresh start without the injuries. Palat should be a interesting and good pickup barring any setbacks performance wise and injury wise. Metro is looking like the division to watch this coming season for sure lol.

Yeah that was the Caps added DK I think I had in a earlier post. Or might be just thinking I posted a mention to it. Caps revamping their goalie situation was interesting, didn’t think they needed a change in net tbh but I’m not a caps fan so guess it doesn’t bother me either way. DK when healthy can be pretty good though.

Yeah lol. Devils looking to compete now with key players and young talent starting to come together with a fresh start without the injuries. Palat should be a interesting and good pickup barring any setbacks performance wise and injury wise. Metro is looking like the division to watch this coming season for sure lol.
Oh my bad if I missed it. I've been all over the place with work and plus, I'm a little under the weather with this cold I've had for the past few days.

Yea big moves with those Devils. Still shocked Johnny Gaudreau didn't wanna play for his home town team.

In other news, wore my Minnesota Wild hat today at work lol, representing the boys.

Oh my bad if I missed it. I've been all over the place with work and plus, I'm a little under the weather with this cold I've had for the past few days.

Yea big moves with those Devils. Still shocked Johnny Gaudreau didn't wanna play for his home town team.

In other news, wore my Minnesota Wild hat today at work lol, representing the boys.
It’s all good. RL has me uncertain what I have and haven’t done yet the way it’s been going. Understandable from your side if missed.

Same. As soon as I saw the news he wouldn’t be resigning the only three teams mentioned were all in his hometown and near his hometown team. Nice surprise though imo I can see the potential he referenced with CBJ.

Nice! Haha.

It’s all good. RL has me uncertain what I have and haven’t done yet the way it’s been going. Understandable from your side if missed.

Same. As soon as I saw the news he wouldn’t be resigning the only three teams mentioned were all in his hometown and near his hometown team. Nice surprise though imo I can see the potential he referenced with CBJ.

Nice! Haha.
Thanks for understanding bro.

Yea it's wild. I wonder if Johnny will get a John Tavres-like welcome when he plays back at the Saddledome. Jan 23rd, Calgary vs. CBJ, that should be fun in Calgary.

Thanks for understanding bro.

Yea it's wild. I wonder if Johnny will get a John Tavres-like welcome when he plays back at the Saddledome. Jan 23rd, Calgary vs. CBJ, that should be fun in Calgary.
No problem bro

I’d be kinda surprised unless I’m missing something. I haven’t heard him in the past say he’s coming back and let the team know he wouldn’t be resigning with them before joining CBJ. Claims of family based reasons if the GM interview was accurate but idk…. A lot happened in free agency so I might be missing some details with Johnny G and the Flames tbh. Calgary & CBJ should be good though either way.

Flames need to figure out something though after losing JG and now Jarnkrok among a few other role players. Still gotta settle the Tkachuk deal too before he leaves without a new deal when his comes up. Calgary might quickly go from playoff/cup contender to rebuild quick at this rate.

No problem bro

I’d be kinda surprised unless I’m missing something. I haven’t heard him in the past say he’s coming back and let the team know he wouldn’t be resigning with them before joining CBJ. Claims of family based reasons if the GM interview was accurate but idk…. A lot happened in free agency so I might be missing some details with Johnny G and the Flames tbh. Calgary & CBJ should be good though either way.

Flames need to figure out something though after losing JG and now Jarnkrok among a few other role players. Still gotta settle the Tkachuk deal too before he leaves without a new deal when his comes up. Calgary might quickly go from playoff/cup contender to rebuild quick at this rate.
I think it'll be more like Jack Eichel's return to Buffalo. Some fans will boo him, some will cheer and clap, thanking Johnny for his time playing in Calgary. It might not be as hostile as all Isles fans were to JT on his return to the Island. NOTHING can and ever will beat all 18,000 Islanders fans booing and hating on John Tavares.

Yea, Jarnkrok to the Leafs I heard.

I think it'll be more like Jack Eichel's return to Buffalo. Some fans will boo him, some will cheer and clap, thanking Johnny for his time playing in Calgary. It might not be as hostile as all Isles fans were to JT on his return to the Island. NOTHING can and ever will beat all 18,000 Islanders fans booing and hating on John Tavares.

Yea, Jarnkrok to the Leafs I heard.
Yeah I’d agree there. Although I missed that game with Eichels return but still I’d agree. Definitely haha, JT stirred up a one of kind reaction on the Island. It would take quite the action to match that one.

Yeah I just a hour or so ago. Not the biggest loss but a good depth forward that can provide a bit of scoring and Playmaking on the supporting lines without costing too much money wise. I think the Flames added Kevin Rooney from NYR, but tbh…. I can’t recall seeing much of him to say if that was a good move or not or simply a middle ground signing that’s not really good or bad.

Yeah I’d agree there. Although I missed that game with Eichels return but still I’d agree. Definitely haha, JT stirred up a one of kind reaction on the Island. It would take quite the action to match that one.

Yeah I just a hour or so ago. Not the biggest loss but a good depth forward that can provide a bit of scoring and Playmaking on the supporting lines without costing too much money wise. I think the Flames added Kevin Rooney from NYR, but tbh…. I can’t recall seeing much of him to say if that was a good move or not or simply a middle ground signing that’s not really good or bad.
Yea, the way JT was welcomed back to Long Island was warranted tho, given the scummy way he left us and lied to us. JG did no such thing tbh. The man just kinda said "fuck Calgary I'm out" for really seemingly no reason and then left for a worse franchise with no success in sight.

Yea, the way JT was welcomed back to Long Island was warranted tho, given the scummy way he left us and lied to us. JG did no such thing tbh. The man just kinda said "fuck Calgary I'm out" for really seemingly no reason and then left for a worse franchise with no success in sight.
Yeah JT had it coming. JG just kinda left. Although I’d say CBJ could have success, the potential was there just missing some pieces (defensive depth being a key factor of what’s needed) but that’s just my opinion from what the roster has on paper. Idk about Larsen as coach yet still kinda early in his run at the helm. But I’m optimistic about CBJ if they can actually produce on the ice and rise above the normal 35 wins type seasons and top 15 picks come draft time. Calgary probably would have been better, but I can see some potential in Columbus with the forwards they’ve got on the roster and JG joining the bunch. Backup goalie and defensive depth is still a question mark though.

Yeah JT had it coming. JG just kinda left. Although I’d say CBJ could have success, the potential was there just missing some pieces (defensive depth being a key factor of what’s needed) but that’s just my opinion from what the roster has on paper. Idk about Larsen as coach yet still kinda early in his run at the helm. But I’m optimistic about CBJ if they can actually produce on the ice and rise above the normal 35 wins type seasons and top 15 picks come draft time. Calgary probably would have been better, but I can see some potential in Columbus with the forwards they’ve got on the roster and JG joining the bunch. Backup goalie and defensive depth is still a question mark though.
Exactly. JT had it coming, JG maybe not so much since he kinda just left, yea exactly like you said lol.

Who knows tho, maybe I'm wrong, maybe CBJ has tons of success.

Exactly. JT had it coming, JG maybe not so much since he kinda just left, yea exactly like you said lol.

Who knows tho, maybe I'm wrong, maybe CBJ has tons of success.
Yeah lol.

Yeah they could. If they don’t find success, I’d say fire the coach and think about changing some front office personnel cause that kind of spending with the roster already in place just needing a few minor depth pieces on defense being left as needs… should be good for a playoff appearance at least. (maybe that young goalie Tarasov or whatever his name is will be decent. Korpi & Berube though…. I doubt will be good backups) but comes down to on ice play. So could go either way in Columbus.

Yeah lol.

Yeah they could. If they don’t find success, I’d say fire the coach and think about changing some front office personnel cause that kind of spending with the roster already in place just needing a few minor depth pieces on defense being left as needs… should be good for a playoff appearance at least. (maybe that young goalie Tarasov or whatever his name is will be decent. Korpi & Berube though…. I doubt will be good backups) but comes down to on ice play. So could go either way in Columbus.
Definitely. Sounds like CBJ needs a major re-tooling.

Definitely. Sounds like CBJ needs a major re-tooling.
Pens made some interesting moves and shipped Marino to NJD. Ty Smith in Marino trade & Jeff Petry added to the Pens in separate trade with the Habs. Pittsburgh surely like their veteran rosters haha. Smith is pretty young though but still seems like a pretty veteran heavy roster off the top of my head of who’s still there.

Pens made some interesting moves and shipped Marino to NJD. Ty Smith in Marino trade & Jeff Petry added to the Pens in separate trade with the Habs. Pittsburgh surely like their veteran rosters haha. Smith is pretty young though but still seems like a pretty veteran heavy roster off the top of my head of who’s still there.
I saw that. Penguins player John Marino to the Devils and Ty Smith to the Pens. Interesting Petry trade too.

Flames get: Johnathan Huberdeau, Mackenzie Weegar, prospect Cole Schwindt & 2025 lottery protected first round draft pick

Panthers get: Matthew Tkachuk

Calgary is going to be pretty different this year. Johnny G & Matthew Tkachuk both gone in one off-season.

Flames get: Johnathan Huberdeau, Mackenzie Weegar, prospect Cole Schwindt & 2025 lottery protected first round draft pick

Panthers get: Matthew Tkachuk

Calgary is going to be pretty different this year. Johnny G & Matthew Tkachuk both gone in one off-season.
DUDE FLORIDA GOT FLEECED IN THAT TRADE! WILD!

Florida's downfall is now. They had their one year of fame and now it's certainly down hill from here. What an absoulte bone headed move by Florida's GM. You can't make this stuff up haha.

MAJOR Flames W.

DUDE FLORIDA GOT FLEECED IN THAT TRADE! WILD!

Florida's downfall is now. They had their one year of fame and now it's certainly down hill from here. What an absoulte bone headed move by Florida's GM. You can't make this stuff up haha.

MAJOR Flames W.
I figured the Flames would get a haul for MT, but this was a bit higher then expected with Huberdeau & Weegar plus a first round pick and a prospect. I’ll take it though haha

I was figuring the Panthers would fall anyhow before this trade. Now I’m guessing they want high powered younger players to jumpstart a youth movement or something…. Idk, just a guess at this point. Florida definitely has been Wild with their moves though. Haha

Unless I’m missing a few things on the flames side and who’s a free agent for them, I do believe this really adds even more depth to a pretty good depth chart at defenseman mixing younger guys and vets to fill out that side of the roster. No idea who Cole Schwindt is tbh but maybe he will be decent. Huberdeau helps replace the Tkachuk scoring and numbers. Now just filling out the forwards to replace the scoring and Playmaking Johnny G gave them and they will be fine by the looks of things. (Maybe Dube or one of the younger forwards will step up this year or a collection of guys to collectively help out there. Like Mangi & Dube)

A crazy off-season so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back