Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

YES! We need to fire Lou! The fanbase is honestly split on this but I fully support booting that old coot. He’s done here on LI I think.

Makes sense lol. Only time will tell I guess.

Exactly. I also hope they add some new things to NHL 23.

Oh that channel seems interesting. What’s it called if you remember?
Understandable there! Lou has definitely fallen off by the looks of things from afar. I think Tortz belief or theory (can’t remember exacty how he described it now) of coaches having a four year lifespan with a team, can also at times fit with front office execs like the gms. Not every case, of course, just as not every coaching situation… but definitely fits imo.

True

Same.

The main one I ended up subbing to was or is called actually, “The Hockey Guy” a unbiased source for hockey news, all things hockey really and a true lover of the sport. Also has a massive and impressive hockey jersey collection.

One note-worthy channel I found around the same time that’s basically all about jerseys and concepts for jersey designs for nhl teams run by another YTer and hockey fan… is called “Post2Post Productions” if your interested in that one as well. Not bad either if you like such genre of channels and some pretty cool concepts sent into this guy by fans around the globe of all 32 teams using various themes.

Oh my God I love the Hockey Guy! He’s great! Real chill guy! Guy just loves the sport. Think he’s either an Oilers or Canucks fan but I agree, always felt unbiased.

Can’t say I’ve heard of Post2Post tho.

Oh my God I love the Hockey Guy! He’s great! Real chill guy! Guy just loves the sport. Think he’s either an Oilers or Canucks fan but I agree, always felt unbiased.

Can’t say I’ve heard of Post2Post tho.
Oh yeah? Haha! I just found out about his channel recently and started binging various vids of his covering a lot of different types of hockey topics and vids. But yeah definitely a chill guy! He’s a Canucks fan and also likes the Stars (Dating back to their Minnesota days and carried on through to Dallas. Saw a vid where this was mentioned and why he likes the teams he does.) He also likes the Bruins. I do believe he said Canucks were his main though being from the area. (Again just going off his vids I’ve seen where it comes up haha) But definitely comes across as unbiased it’s true. But I’ve definitely learned a lot from his channel about hockey and the various histories of teams and players, etc. dude is a walking encyclopedia for hockey pretty much. Also enjoyed the redrafts he’s done which was pretty surprising to me. I didn’t think I’d like such vids.

I haven’t watched as much of this guy, since it’s mainly jersey concepts and occasionally hockey news (usually where it concerns the Habs from what I’ve seen or the league as a whole since he’s a Montreal fan) . But it’s not bad. The Hockey Guy channel has been the main for me when it comes to hockey though.

Oh yeah? Haha! I just found out about his channel recently and started binging various vids of his covering a lot of different types of hockey topics and vids. But yeah definitely a chill guy! He’s a Canucks fan and also likes the Stars (Dating back to their Minnesota days and carried on through to Dallas. Saw a vid where this was mentioned and why he likes the teams he does.) He also likes the Bruins. I do believe he said Canucks were his main though being from the area. (Again just going off his vids I’ve seen where it comes up haha) But definitely comes across as unbiased it’s true. But I’ve definitely learned a lot from his channel about hockey and the various histories of teams and players, etc. dude is a walking encyclopedia for hockey pretty much. Also enjoyed the redrafts he’s done which was pretty surprising to me. I didn’t think I’d like such vids.

I haven’t watched as much of this guy, since it’s mainly jersey concepts and occasionally hockey news (usually where it concerns the Habs from what I’ve seen or the league as a whole since he’s a Montreal fan) . But it’s not bad. The Hockey Guy channel has been the main for me when it comes to hockey though.
Oh that's cool. I wasn't aware of all these teams he likes. I must say tho I am surprised that he says he likes the Bruins even tho the Canucks are his main team, as I'm sure you know the history between those two from 2011.

Ah that's interesting. Doesn't seem up my alley but maybe I'll check him out one of these days.

Oh that's cool. I wasn't aware of all these teams he likes. I must say tho I am surprised that he says he likes the Bruins even tho the Canucks are his main team, as I'm sure you know the history between those two from 2011.

Ah that's interesting. Doesn't seem up my alley but maybe I'll check him out one of these days.
Yeah it’s definitely a interesting trio. Especially those two. I don’t recall what his thoughts were on it or if he’s said when comes down to those two, but it’s a interesting combo. I just recall a video where he mentioned those teams as his favorites and some whys. Would be interested to see his thoughts on that one though, 2011 and all.

Ok cool.

Yeah it’s definitely a interesting trio. Especially those two. I don’t recall what his thoughts were on it or if he’s said when comes down to those two, but it’s a interesting combo. I just recall a video where he mentioned those teams as his favorites and some whys. Would be interested to see his thoughts on that one though, 2011 and all.

Ok cool.
Yea that's interesting. I know there's still even into today some deep seeded hate between Canucks fans and Bruins fans because of game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.

Yea that's interesting. I know there's still even into today some deep seeded hate between Canucks fans and Bruins fans because of game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.
Yeah, I wouldn’t doubt it all. Putting aside my bias against the Bruins, that was a crazy time. Plus just thinking of some of those Canucks that could have finally gotten a Stanley cup. (Besides the franchise itself)

Yeah, I wouldn’t doubt it all. Putting aside my bias against the Bruins, that was a crazy time. Plus just thinking of some of those Canucks that could have finally gotten a Stanley cup. (Besides the franchise itself)
Yea exactly. Tough break for those Nucks.

Went ahead and decided to post my little side review of each division, if I were to rank them from most liked to least. I think this would be a fairly accurate personalized rankings. Some teams kinda surprised me with where they ranked compared to what or how I felt growing up and where I would have saw them ranked going in. Then again some others were just pretty obvious.

Atlantic Division:
1. Ottawa Senators (Most liked.)
2. Buffalo Sabres
3. Montreal Canadiens
4. Toronto Maple Leafs
5. Florida Panthers
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. Tampa Bay Lightning
8. Boston Bruins (Strong dislike/hate. Despise pretty much… similar if not the same as Vegas.)

Metropolitan Division:
1. Columbus Blue Jackets (Most Liked)
2. New York Islanders
3. New Jersey Devils
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. New York Rangers
6. Carolina Hurricanes
7. Pittsburgh Penguins
8. Washington Capitals (Strong dislike. interchangeable with a few teams in this division tbh)

Central Division:
1. Minnesota Wild (Favored)
2. Winnipeg Jets (Dates back to those Thrashers ties as well)
3. Nashville Predators
4. St. Louis Blues
5. Arizona Coyotes
6. Chicago Blackhawks
7. Dallas Stars
8. Colorado Avalanche (Strong dislike)

Pacific Division:
1. Calgary Flames (Favored)
2. Anaheim Ducks
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Seattle Kraken
5. San Jose Sharks
6. Los Angeles Kings
7. Edmonton Oilers
8. Vegas Golden Knights (Strong dislike/hate. Interchangeable with 7 just about)

1-32:
WIP (Just a personal side journey thought I’d do)

I'll go ahead and post my list here.

Atlantic Division:
1. Montreal Canadiens
2. Buffalo Sabres
3. Ottawa Senators
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Florida Panthers
6. Boston Bruins
7. Tampa Bay Lightning
8. Toronto Maple Leafs (fuck them)

Metro Division:
1. New York Islanders (of course, my absolute favorite team and the one I cheer for)
2. Columbus Blue Jackets (never had a problem with them, although I do hate the rest of the metro division rivals)
3. New Jersey Devils
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. Washington Capitals (honestly a three way tie between 5-7)
6. Pittsburgh Penguins
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. New York Rangers (fuck them very much)

Central Division:
1. Minnesota Wild
2. Dallas Stars
3. Arizona Coyotes
4. Nashville Predators
5. St. Louis Blues
6. Colorado Avalanche
7. Chicago Blackhawks
8. Winnipeg Jets
(disclaimer, I don't think I dislike any central division teams, it's just a matter here on this list of who I like slightly better)

Pacific Division:
1. Vancouver Canucks
2. Calgary Flames
3. Anaheim Ducks
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Los Angeles Kings
6. Seattle Kraken
7. Edmonton Oilers
8. Vegas Golden Knights (boo)

Oh yo I really like this idea! I think I’m actually gonna do this! Interesting picks!
Thanks! Haha. Hockey guy gave me ideas on different hockey related rankings and other ideas for fun. This was one that’s simply a fun little idea to fill the time. (More in depth info on individual rankings for me personally and the whys I thought about adding… but idk. Maybe simpler is better here.) Honestly the 1-32 idea is tougher then I thought it would be.

I'll go ahead and post my list here.

Atlantic Division:
1. Montreal Canadiens
2. Buffalo Sabres
3. Ottawa Senators
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Florida Panthers
6. Boston Bruins
7. Tampa Bay Lightning
8. Toronto Maple Leafs (fuck them)

Metro Division:
1. New York Islanders (of course, my absolute favorite team and the one I cheer for)
2. Columbus Blue Jackets (never had a problem with them, although I do hate the rest of the metro division rivals)
3. New Jersey Devils
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. Washington Capitals (honestly a three way tie between 5-7)
6. Pittsburgh Penguins
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. New York Rangers (fuck them very much)

Central Division:
1. Minnesota Wild
2. Dallas Stars
3. Arizona Coyotes
4. Nashville Predators
5. St. Louis Blues
6. Colorado Avalanche
7. Chicago Blackhawks
8. Winnipeg Jets
(disclaimer, I don't think I dislike any central division teams, it's just a matter here on this list of who I like slightly better)

Pacific Division:
1. Vancouver Canucks
2. Calgary Flames
3. Anaheim Ducks
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Los Angeles Kings
6. Seattle Kraken
7. Edmonton Oilers
8. Vegas Golden Knights (boo)
Nice! Interesting picks here! I felt the same way about my 5-8 in the metro. Haha. Philly is not far off from 5-8 for me. Understandable about the Central division too. Most of the pacific I don’t mind at all, just those 2 teams for me.

Thought about doing jerseys next in a 1-32. but that’s a tough venture. Might still do it with a limited version like keeping it to current jerseys… but idk yet. Some of the retros are really awesome though and wish they’d bring some of them back.

It was a really cool idea. Interesting to see your list and I had fun making mine.

Also a jerseys idea would be really really cool. I might do that tbh one day.

It was a really cool idea. Interesting to see your list and I had fun making mine.

Also a jerseys idea would be really really cool. I might do that tbh one day.
Same. I had fun with it, went back and forth with some teams. But cool to see it was fun, it was interesting seeing your overall list as well.

Nice! I think I’m going to do it sometime, just not sure when. Maybe I’ll start mine soon and go back through the current Home/Away jerseys and see where I rank them. I might throw in a favorite player from each team or some kind of players list too. (Maybe a past and current favorite for each team? Then a least liked past and current? Maybe position by position…. Idk, just some running ideas) Just some small ideas since work and Rl has kept me too busy to play games or much else.

As a isles fan, what do you think of the fishermen jerseys? I’ve heard they might be bringing that back as a retro jersey for this season, I believe (?) Personally, I kinda liked those jerseys but can understand why others don’t. (Predators have a old jersey that minus the primary color I think was cool too. But it’s a unpopular jersey as well lol)

Yea definitely.

Cool! That’s be interesting to see. I’d love to see a list of your 1-32 jersey rankings.

Good question. I personally despise it because it reminds me of the 90’s when we used the Fisherman logo and we sucked ass. Plus I don’t wanna hear the “we want fish sticks” chant from Rangers fans again.

Yea definitely.

Cool! That’s be interesting to see. I’d love to see a list of your 1-32 jersey rankings.

Good question. I personally despise it because it reminds me of the 90’s when we used the Fisherman logo and we sucked ass. Plus I don’t wanna hear the “we want fish sticks” chant from Rangers fans again.
Ok cool! I think I’ve got a fair idea of a few teams that could rank near the bottom, but maybe I’ll find some surprising results.

Makes sense. I somewhat remember the Isles 90’s era was a rough period all around for the team. (Saw the hockey guy talk about one of their owners from that era) I forgot about that chant potential from opposing fans or Rangers fans. Think I heard it from THG in a reference during a jersey vid. Makes sense though. Didn’t think about the chant.

Ok cool! I think I’ve got a fair idea of a few teams that could rank near the bottom, but maybe I’ll find some surprising results.

Makes sense. I somewhat remember the Isles 90’s era was a rough period all around for the team. (Saw the hockey guy talk about one of their owners from that era) I forgot about that chant potential from opposing fans or Rangers fans. Think I heard it from THG in a reference during a jersey vid. Makes sense though. Didn’t think about the chant.
Seems the majority of Islanders fans are absolutely IN LOVE with bringing back the Fisherman jersey. I’m not so convinced. My Rangers fan friend likes it a lot tho.

Seems the majority of Islanders fans are absolutely IN LOVE with bringing back the Fisherman jersey. I’m not so convinced. My Rangers fan friend likes it a lot tho.
Oh yeah? Wow! I guess from a nostalgic standpoint I could understand that one. Though thinking about the chants it could be instant reminder for them. There was one I saw that was either a concept or a actual jersey for that one, where the lighthouse logo was in front with the fishermen logo on the shoulders with a cool color scheme. But yeah, understandable the non convinced opinion and reasons why you’d not like those ones. I could see the Rangers fan friend of yours as well though considering.

Current NHL Home/Away Jersey Rankings:
1. Buffalo Sabres
2. Calgary Flames
3. Toronto Maple Leafs
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Minnesota Wild
6. San Jose Sharks
7. Nashville Predators
8. Anaheim Ducks
9. Vancouver Canucks
10. Seattle Kraken
11. New York Islanders
12. Winnipeg Jets
13. Columbus Blue Jackets
14. St. Louis Blues
15. Philadelphia Flyers
16. Los Angeles Kings
17. Detroit Red Wings
18. Montreal Canadiens
19. Arizona Coyotes
20. Dallas Stars
21. New Jersey Devils
22. Chicago Blackhawks
23. Tampa Bay Lightning
24. Florida Panthers
25. New York Rangers
26. Carolina Hurricanes
27. Edmonton Oilers
28. Pittsburgh Penguins
29. Boston Bruins
30. Vegas Golden Knights
31. Colorado Avalanche
32. Washington Capitals

(Still going back and forth on a few of the higher ranked teams. But here’s my rankings at this point going by the current home/away designs for teams. Retro/Alternate jerseys would completely shake up this entire list though. Like Canucks, Ducks and some others for example would place teams way higher then they are currently and lower many teams. I also attempted to have it going left to right like THG sets his board for rankings and etc… but that was more of a hassle then I thought when it came to space and making it work. I might throw in some retro rankings down the line. along with doing the CHL leagues team jerseys, Winnipeg Ice would rank high for me on that list for sure.)

Last edited:
OHL Home/Away Team Jersey Rankings:
1. Niagara Ice Dogs
2. Mississauga Steelheads
3. London Knights
4. Kitchener Rangers
5. Owen Sound Attack
6. Sarnia Sting
7. Kingston Frontenacs
8. Guelph Storm
9. Hamilton Bulldogs
10. North Bay Battalion
11. Erie Otters
12. Ottawa 67’s
13. Oshawa Generals
14. Barrie Colts
15. Flint Firebirds
16. Soo Greyhounds
17. Peterborough Petes
18. Saginaw Spirit
19. Sudbury Wolves
20. Windsor Spitfire

WHL Home/Away Team Jersey Rankings:
1.Winnipeg Ice
2. Lethbridge Hurricanes
3. Moose Jaw Warriors (As seen in NHL 22)
4. Red Deer Rebels
5. Brandon Wheat Kings
6. Spokane Chiefs
7. Victoria Royals
8. Swift Current Broncos
9. Saskatoon Blades
10. Calgary Hitmen
11. Seattle Thunderbirds
12. Vancouver Giants
13. Kelowna Rockets
14. KamLoops Blazers
15. Medicine Hat Tigers
16. Everett SilverTips
17. Regina Pats
18. Tri-City Americans
19. Edmonton Oil Kings
20. Portland WinterHawks
21. Prince Albert Raiders
22. Prince George Cougars

QMJHL Home/Away Team Jersey Rankings:
1. Moncton Wildcats
2. Rimouski Oceanic
3. Baie-Comeau Drakkar
4. Sherbrooke Phoenix
5. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
6. Charlottetown Islanders
7. Acadia-Bathurst Titan
8. Cape Breton Eagles
9. Victoriaville Tigre’s
10. Gatineau Olympiques
11. Shawinigan Cataractes
12. Saint John Sea Dogs
13. Chicoutimi Sagueneens
14. Drummondville Voltigeurs
15. Québec Remparts
16. Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
17. Halifax MooseHeads
18. Val-D’OR Foreurs

(I believe Moose Jaw changed their logo to something completely different. So just going off the one in 22 as mentioned above. I’m not sure what the new look will be like on jerseys)

Oh yeah? Wow! I guess from a nostalgic standpoint I could understand that one. Though thinking about the chants it could be instant reminder for them. There was one I saw that was either a concept or a actual jersey for that one, where the lighthouse logo was in front with the fishermen logo on the shoulders with a cool color scheme. But yeah, understandable the non convinced opinion and reasons why you’d not like those ones. I could see the Rangers fan friend of yours as well though considering.
Yea exactly. I guess it is nostalgic but I gotta say I’m on the fence with the Fisherman.

In other news, Lou woke up! He signed Romanov and Dobson to a three year contract and Bellows to a one year!

Also I love your list! It’s awesome! Hey you even added other leagues that aren’t the NHL! Cool stuff!

Yea exactly. I guess it is nostalgic but I gotta say I’m on the fence with the Fisherman.
Understandable.

In other news, Lou woke up! He signed Romanov and Dobson to a three year contract and Bellows to a one year!
Nice! About time he did something lol. Feels like one of the more quiet off-seasons I’ve seen in recent memory.

Also I love your list! It’s awesome! Hey you even added other leagues that aren’t the NHL! Cool stuff!
Appreciate it! Yeah, felt like adding more leagues as I’ve become more and more interested in other hockey leagues like the CHL trio and the ones over in Europe. Plus, the NHL games provide a decent look into their jerseys so the familiarity would still be there on some level. Might do the Europe league teams, well, least the ones in the game. The total amount of Europe teams from the Champions hockey league and the separate leagues that make up that CHL is quite the list and not sure how long that could take lol.

I am working on that Favorite players list from past and present for each team as well. Thought it might be a interesting idea and delving back into history as I know I won’t recall all the players I saw growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back