Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Yeah, the amount of third string goalies seeing time in the playoffs was pretty surprising this past season. But true yeah.

Yeah it’s a close call and definitely not a first ballot. But agreed nice career though and a low key Ironman with how many games he’s played.

Yeah true they were quite pissy and physical. Entertaining times there.

Yeah, those teams were always pretty low in the standings. I don’t recall any playoff teams prior to drafting Ovi or least not many during my lifetime prior to Ovi being drafted. But, for me it was a time where I didn’t have any issues with them like I do now with Ovi and the consistent dirty play of Wilson and etc. I don’t think the modern day Caps are that good compared to how others tend to see them, but that’s just me. 2018 finals was one of the rare times in the Ovi/Wilson era I rooted for the Caps since VGK was the other option. (Too bad for Winnipeg that year)
That was wild tbh. Rangers got lucky in that sense.

Yea, the Ironman streak too is VERY impressive. Takes a LOT of endurance. Gg Phil Kessel.

‘Twas fun to watch haha.

Oh yea 2018 finals were fun. Good for the Caps winning against VGK. But yea Wilson is a dirty you know what haha. SOB!

That was wild tbh. Rangers got lucky in that sense.

Yea, the Ironman streak too is VERY impressive. Takes a LOT of endurance. Gg Phil Kessel.

‘Twas fun to watch haha.

Oh yea 2018 finals were fun. Good for the Caps winning against VGK. But yea Wilson is a dirty you know what haha. SOB!
Agreed.

Agreed impressive and GG Kessel.

Haha agreed.

Yeah, nice to see them crack through and get a cup. It was a fun series. Oh yeah, Wilson definitely is that for sure haha. Every team needs a agitator and enforcer, but Wilson is crosses the line too often. Agreed!

Agreed.

Agreed impressive and GG Kessel.

Haha agreed.

Yeah, nice to see them crack through and get a cup. It was a fun series. Oh yeah, Wilson definitely is that for sure haha. Every team needs a agitator and enforcer, but Wilson is crosses the line too often. Agreed!
Yes I agree.

And agreed, Wilson certainly does push it a lot and cross the line. Gets on my nerves and the players’ nerves.

Yeah agreed. He’s going to be out for awhile, correct? Seems like I recall a injury that led to surgery happened during the playoffs.
No clue tbh.

But man on another note, is it easy to obliterate and make mad Leafs fans online hahahaha. Such easy bait.

No clue tbh.

But man on another note, is it easy to obliterate and make mad Leafs fans online hahahaha. Such easy bait.
Alright, just a thought that hit me during the Wilson talk. Fair number of players from the playoffs this past season seem to be out the first bit of the season and some known players from non playoff teams.

Yeah I bet haha. I haven’t encountered too many Leafs fans online, but I can picture it.

Alright, just a thought that hit me during the Wilson talk. Fair number of players from the playoffs this past season seem to be out the first bit of the season and some known players from non playoff teams.

Yeah I bet haha. I haven’t encountered too many Leafs fans online, but I can picture it.
Yea, lots of injuries. Heard Lehner isn’t gonna be starting the season for VGK.
Gonna be LT in net as the starter.

They’re a mad mad group of sad individuals haha.

Yea, lots of injuries. Heard Lehner isn’t gonna be starting the season for VGK.
Gonna be LT in net as the starter.

They’re a mad mad group of sad individuals haha.
yeah I heard he’s out for the year. I’ve heard from THG vids that Vegas isn’t shopping for goalies either. So should be interesting to see how the young goalie does for VGK.

Sounds familiar with experiences I’ve had with some other fanbases. Haha. Only ones I’ve met online for the Leafs were G20 & one of his mods on YT & Discord. they weren’t too bad and experience imo. But that’s only a couple in a large fanbase.

yeah I heard he’s out for the year. I’ve heard from THG vids that Vegas isn’t shopping for goalies either. So should be interesting to see how the young goalie does for VGK.

Sounds familiar with experiences I’ve had with some other fanbases. Haha. Only ones I’ve met online for the Leafs were G20 & one of his mods on YT & Discord. they weren’t too bad and experience imo. But that’s only a couple in a large fanbase.
That’s wild. So much pressure on young LT.

Yea there’s a LOTTA bad egg Leafs fans. Like a LOT. Jeez, haha.

That’s wild. So much pressure on young LT.

Yea there’s a LOTTA bad egg Leafs fans. Like a LOT. Jeez, haha.
Yeah agreed. He didn’t look too bad the little I’ve seen of his play with Vegas. But still a lot of pressure on him and Vegas can be pretty bad with stuff like that and patience.

True. I wouldn’t doubt it with the Leafs. Haha

You might of heard already, but saw THG drop a small news vid today and looks like least for now, Mike Babcock is retiring from coaching. (Guess he’s been the HC of University of Saskatchewan) I’ve never really been a fan of the guy, but for now, looks like the nhl return I kept hearing about in rumors will be quieter in the short term atleast.

Yeah agreed. He didn’t look too bad the little I’ve seen of his play with Vegas. But still a lot of pressure on him and Vegas can be pretty bad with stuff like that and patience.

True. I wouldn’t doubt it with the Leafs. Haha

You might of heard already, but saw THG drop a small news vid today and looks like least for now, Mike Babcock is retiring from coaching. (Guess he’s been the HC of University of Saskatchewan) I’ve never really been a fan of the guy, but for now, looks like the nhl return I kept hearing about in rumors will be quieter in the short term atleast.
Yea exactly.

Don't I know it lol.

I know I saw. Kind of a yawn for me. Never cared much for Babcock.

Yea exactly.

Don't I know it lol.

I know I saw. Kind of a yawn for me. Never cared much for Babcock.
Haha gotcha

I kinda figured he was out of coaching already. Last thing I heard was his treatment of players and resigning. (Which feels like a year or two ago… But probably hasn’t been that long) Not much to be a fan of imo. But yeah ah well, small news during the slow hockey cycle.

Haha gotcha

I kinda figured he was out of coaching already. Last thing I heard was his treatment of players and resigning. (Which feels like a year or two ago… But probably hasn’t been that long) Not much to be a fan of imo. But yeah ah well, small news during the slow hockey cycle.
He was out of NHL coaching for a while but I do think he was coaching a little league team or some college in Canada? Now he's just done with the job of coaching in any league, it seems.

Top Ten favorite Goalies (Active):
Jacob Markstrom
2. John Gibson
3. Kaapo Kahkonen
4. Anton Forsberg
5. Jake Otteninger
6. Marc-Andre Fleury
7. Elvis Merzilkins
8. Jonathan Quick

9. Juuse Saros
10. Philipp Grubauer

Honorable Mentions (Active):
Ilya Sorokin, Daniel Vladar, Carey Price, Matt Murray, Anthony Stolarz, Connor Hellebuyck, Martin Jones & Jordan Binnington.

Top Five Favorite Goalies (Retired):
Rick Dipietro
2. Ilya Bryzgalov
3. Kevin Weekes
4. Evgeni Nabokov
5. Chris Osgood

Honorable Mentions (Retired):
Ray Emery (Rip), Ben Bishop, Tuuka Rask

Ooooo awesome list! A goalie list!

Those are some solid ass choices! I definitely love this list a lot.

Marky at first of course haha. Solid top choice tho.

Some names on those retired list are a blast from the past like Chris Osgood.

Nabokov was a BEAST, I remember that dude.

Ooooo awesome list! A goalie list!

Those are some solid ass choices! I definitely love this list a lot.

Marky at first of course haha. Solid top choice tho.

Some names on those retired list are a blast from the past like Chris Osgood.

Nabokov was a BEAST, I remember that dude.
Haha thanks! I got sent home early and decided to make a different list as my retro jersey is thrown me for a serious debate and how I want to do it exactly. (So many different ways and breakdowns of either by year or all time, etc) But I did forget one name… idk how, Robin Lehner can be considered on the HM list. A few others that might be considered down the line. Went off the top of my head here haha.

Thanks! A little extra fun making these simple lists and different variations of it.

Oh yeah! I had to have Marky at the top! Haha

Yeah definitely, those are some names that still stick with me over the years. Osgood doesn’t get enough credit for how good he was imo.

Nabokov was definitely a beast! One of the greatest Sharks of all time imo.

Haha thanks! I got sent home early and decided to make a different list as my retro jersey is thrown me for a serious debate and how I want to do it exactly. (So many different ways and breakdowns of either by year or all time, etc) But I did forget one name… idk how, Robin Lehner can be considered on the HM list. A few others that might be considered down the line. Went off the top of my head here haha.

Thanks! A little extra fun making these simple lists and different variations of it.

Oh yeah! I had to have Marky at the top! Haha

Yeah definitely, those are some names that still stick with me over the years. Osgood doesn’t get enough credit for how good he was imo.

Nabokov was definitely a beast! One of the greatest Sharks of all time imo.
Yea I get it. Must be a hard list to create. This goalies list tho was a genius idea in the mean time. Maybe I’ll try that list for myself haha. Who knows.

Yea it’s always cool to see! I’m sure they’re fun to make too! I liked making my favorite and least favorite teams in each division list.

Yes Osgood is quite underrated.

Also Nabokov was an Islander too, fun fact! Maybe you remember. Most known for his time with the Sharks tho.

Yea I get it. Must be a hard list to create. This goalies list tho was a genius idea in the mean time. Maybe I’ll try that list for myself haha. Who knows.

Yea it’s always cool to see! I’m sure they’re fun to make too! I liked making my favorite and least favorite teams in each division list.

Yes Osgood is quite underrated.

Also Nabokov was an Islander too, fun fact! Maybe you remember. Most known for his time with the Sharks tho.
Yeah, it’s harder then I thought going into it. Also figured there would be a retro jersey list and image for different years to help me out with organizing it but no luck yet. Except for one from a year or maybe this past season. (I’ll probably start with that one) Appreciate it though! Kind of a spur of the moment kind of thing and went with it. That would be cool though if you do! Haha

Yeah pretty fun! Mixture of memories and simple hockey related stuff. Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it as well when doing yours.

Agreed

I vaguely remember that although till admit I mainly recall his years with the Sharks. Briefly forgot he played with the Isles and Tampa Bay towards the end.

Yeah had to mention the Sorokin beast from the Island. Awesome goalie and understandable there with the bias.

Villie Husso I’d probably add as well. Dude is a beast and always played my team’s incredibly strong every time out it seemed like. Darcy Kuemper could be added. But yeah had to add Sorokin though.

Yeah, it’s harder then I thought going into it. Also figured there would be a retro jersey list and image for different years to help me out with organizing it but no luck yet. Except for one from a year or maybe this past season. (I’ll probably start with that one) Appreciate it though! Kind of a spur of the moment kind of thing and went with it. That would be cool though if you do! Haha

Yeah pretty fun! Mixture of memories and simple hockey related stuff. Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it as well when doing yours.

Agreed

I vaguely remember that although till admit I mainly recall his years with the Sharks. Briefly forgot he played with the Isles and Tampa Bay towards the end.

Yeah had to mention the Sorokin beast from the Island. Awesome goalie and understandable there with the bias.

Villie Husso I’d probably add as well. Dude is a beast and always played my team’s incredibly strong every time out it seemed like. Darcy Kuemper could be added. But yeah had to add Sorokin though.
Yea that seems like a very hard list to tackle bro haha.

Yep! This stuff is pretty cool and fun to see.

Oh yea he played with Tampa for a tiny bit too! I just remember him as a Shark and honestly mainly as an Islander because well- Isles fan here haha.

Amen! Love me some Sorokin!

Oh yes! Ville Husso is pretty solid too. Definitely gonna be great for the Wings now in a few years or maybe even next season. Kuemper’s cool too. Stanley Cup champ now.

Retro jersey Source/List- Ranking All 31 NHL Reverse Retro Jerseys | The Hockey News

NHL Retro jerseys ranking list 1:

1. Washington Capitals
2. Tampa Bay Lightning
3. Colorado Avalanche
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Buffalo Sabres
6. Columbus Blue Jackets
7. Minnesota Wild
8. Anaheim Ducks
9. Vancouver Canucks
10. Florida Panthers
11. Calgary Flames