Chapter 2: The Beauty in the Beasts

Shy One caught up breathing heavily as Yukari seemed to be looking at her. She looked to see Hitomi hearing her call her out smiling lightly a bit worried. It was then Chimp-man was mentioned as a look of dread filled her. Oh no... I wasn't think! I didn't mean to leave Chimp-man behind! I'm such an idiot! Stupid stupid stupid.... Shy one thought upset at herself realizing she hadn't thought about getting Chimp-man to follow. She had been so taken up by Yukari rushing off alone that she had foolishly did the exact same thing in the process. She followed along moving ahead with Yukari taking the lead feeling like a mess up from what she did, good intentions or not for originally doing it. It could lead to Chimp-man being in danger.

Heading back in she was happy to see he was alright. A sense of relief filling her although still upset by acting rash initially still. A soft sigh escaped her lips none the less catching her breath again. Her eyes darted up hearing their plan giving a nod in response. "Y.. yes... I... I can try and d... do anything th... that might be needed." She spoke out in response to the plan. She didn't know much about power plants personally although the plan seemed simple enough. It would hopefully grab the attention they needed so they could take care of the threat.

She wandered into the room glancing around. Her eyes darting at the various components trying to piece together what everything was. Her eyes lingered over to Chimp-man watching him a little puzzled as he seemed in deep through near a trash can. She moved up, a bit timid in her approach. She reached out to tap him, her shyness kicking in. She bit her bottom lip before tapping his shoulder. "AH... th.. th... that's a trash-can..." She spoke softly feeling a bit bad as if she was making fun of him despite simply telling him what it was he was staring out, toying with her fingers a little bit in front of her. "Th... there should be a regular computer s... somewhere here... most things w... work of regular computers n... now... I'm s... sure the power grid things should b... be accessible on there."

@ChimpMan @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot 

Planeshifter let out a single 'ha', as the demon warned him that fighting Jikoku was certain death. He already died once before.. if anything dying would be a good way to see if he could come back again.

Though at the mention of the Association's satellite weapons, his sarcastic demeanor seemed to vanish. Sure.. he could ghost it up before it hit, but everyone else present would be killed. Would those fatcats up at the top be cowardly enough to actually use that? From what he was being told, Samuke wanted this satellite weapon for himself. That was a big no no. Despite this.. Siegfried kept his mouth shut. The way he saw it, the demon's assistance was Star's call.

"That's.. cotton candy." he replied to the demon, as he bit down.. Quite strange, this one was. He then nudged Nagoya with his elbow.

"It's your call, if we take his help or not. I don't exactly know what his plan will accomplish, but if it means the defeat of our little trio of trouble I say we throw caution to the wind. You? What do you think?"

@Colleen McJavabean

Hitomi grinned and nodded, glad that Yukari and everyone understood. "Yep! We're going to make this place shine as bright as our future!" She exclaimed as she held her arms upwards. "In all honesty, I'm grateful that you're here Yukari. Coming up with the plan is one thing, but I wouldn't know how to execute it.." She chuckled embarrassingly as she moved with the team to the breaker room. Firefly grinned at Chimp Man's enthusiasm and nodded. echoing his woo. As they reached the room, Hitomi held her hand waving it in front of her face to keep dust from flying up her nose before she held her hand outstretched in front of her, her palm facing the ceiling. From her palm sparked a small flame, small enough to illuminate the area around the group. If the wires were still active, then it wouldn't be smart to have a big flame near them. "Well from all the wires and loud humming, I'd say we found it." She commented as she stepped to the front to lead the way. 

Hearing Ashley's suggestion caused Hitomi to nod in agreement. "She's right. There should be one around here with all the wiring in the room." She muttered waling to the other side of the room and turning. As she turned her head, she spotted the monitor in the corner covered in dust. Walking over to it, Hitomi extinguished her torch and began to wipe the screen off. "Hey Yukari. I found the computer." She called out as she took a step back to give some space to work. "I'm going to stand by the door to keep a lookout. If I see anything, that's your cue to stand perfectly still and don't make a single noise, understood?" Hitomi held her finger up asking her teammates. There may be only one android in the area that they knew of, but what was stopping the others from coming to check up on him. "We should avoid combat at all cost. If it comes to it, I can distract them while you guys run to safety and wait for the reinforcements ."   Hitomi spoke in a soft tone, as if she was hesitant. The thought of facing the other androids, Jikoku especially, terrified her but Leo had given her the responsibility of keeping the group together. True she wasn't as strong a fighter as him or Yukari,  but if there was a chance she could divert the attention of the enemy for just a few minutes, she'd take it. Just to keep the heat off of her fellow B rank and C rank heroes. She was brought back from her thoughts once she felt her knees shaking. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves and gave everyone a reassuring grin. 

"Don't worry though. Worst case scenario, we'll cross that bridge once we get there. I'm sure Leo has everything handled though. I trust him completely" 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yukari rolled her eyes as Chimp-Man and Hitomi's cheers turning to lead the way. As they entered the room Yukari looked around wondering if the place would explode before she even got to find the computer. Look at the others she wasn't surprised to see Chimp-Man acting important while just staring at a trash can. She turned back facing away from him to mumble under her breath. "Why not just put yourself into it and save us all the trouble." 'Ohhhhhh snnnap that was cold gurl!' 'What is with you today?' 'Don't know days just been one of those.' '.....It's hurts my head to talk to you sometimes.' She head Yukari call to her finding the computer as she walked over she said she'd keep watch. Which Yukari had no problem with until she mentioned she would hold off the android while the others ran. Yukari scoffed at the plan looking away as she twirled her fingers. "Don't make me laugh you couldn't even hold them off for a minute what kind of good would that do." She mumbled under her breath as she walked past Hitomi to the computer. As she booted it up she had to wipe off the dust with her shirt sleeve. Making sure to cover her nose so she wouldn't sneeze and turn into Rin who was now chanting. 'Sneeze, sneeze, sneeze, sneeze, SNEEZE JUST SNEEZE ALREADY!!!!' When she finished wiping the screen she heard Rin go into a cussing fit then began typing away at the computer. Pulling up the power grids she got ready to redirect power but found she needed a password. "Password huh...we'll see about that." She began to typing a storm as she worked to bypass the password screen after a little bit she managed to get in. "Done! Do the honors Firefly." She said moving out of the way for Hitomi to redirect the power how ever she wanted. 

@Colleen McJavabean @ChimpMan @Hanarei @Kingmalikai @DemetrioMachete @DaniBot

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

Any doubts that Gundan had about humanity was cast aside. Leo Kingston, with his heroic action, proved that humans really could be selfless. Samuke would lecture Gundan on how humans had to be selfish in order to gain something, that it was their nature to turn their back on one another to move up. He produced staggering evidence through history that this was how it had always been. But Leo Kingston sacrificed himself, saved the Suited Savior, and managed to keep Gundan in the cage. A selfless action that brought fruitful results, and while it did make Gundan admire the hero, he couldn't help but feel a wave of sorrow and guilt crushing him. He didn't want this to happen. Something trickled down the side of his face. He wiped it away with a finger. A tear?

He sighed, trying to steady his breathing, trying to think. He was still in danger. Trapped with no way out. Jikoku would panic and try to force his way out... and probably die. But there was no reason to panic. If Gundan were captured, he'd be brought to solitary confinement where he'd be interrogated and even tortured, and that was fine but brought good news and bad news that were exactly the same. His brothers would come looking for him. But they'd be walking into a trap that the heroes would no doubt have ready. Gundan would become a liability. Sensing this, would Samuke simply write Gundan off as that and leave him for the dead? Would Jikoku betray Samuke's orders and come looking for Gundan anyway? Gundan was always the peacekeeper when it came to his brothers. It scared him to think about what would happen in his absence.

Gundan heard a sound over the crackle of lightning. Movement. The Suited Savior stood on his knees, looking down as Leo's corpse. Gundan realized that, sensing the danger, he had removed the threads from the Suited Savior before Leo's heroic deed. It was one reason Gundan never tried using the threads on Leo. He was afraid that Leo would transfer electricity through the threads and paralyze Gundan or worse. The Suited Savior looked up at Gundan, red eyes glowing. A intense look of silence that amplified the guilt that Gundan felt. "I'm sorry."

=================================================

The Suited Savior finally spoke. "Fuck your apology." he said, his voice a deep echo of anger. If only he were stronger. If only he were faster. If only he were smarter. His suited faded, revealing his standard attire. He tried to stand to his feet but he felt a stark pain in his ankle. "Leo, wake up. Come on. Don't die on me now." He begged, although he knew it was in vain. "Shit. Shit shit shit." Smarter, faster, stronger. If only. "If only I had listened. Goddammit, I never listen. I'm always too busy yelling and not listening. And someone pays for it every time!" He paused, listening to the sound of the electricity in the room. The power in the room was on- that was how Leo had enough electricity to do all of this in the first place. He got an idea.

"I didn't want this to happen." The android said from the cage, earning a frightening glare from Crash. "Really, I didn't. I thought he was going to lower the cage and-"

"I'm going to kill you." Crash said slowly. "I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to make sure it happens. But not right now." Right now, he had to find an outlet. Or something he could use to jumpstart Leo's heart. Electricity was what took him out, but considering the boy's powers, electricity was what was going to bring him back in. "Right now, I need to right my wrong."

@ChimpMan @DaniBot @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @Colleen McJavabean @Joonster

Samuke

69767.jpg

'Subject M.'

A long walk. That was what it was. He planted the seed and now he had to let it grow. There was something odd about that lab. An aura of disgust. But he had walked far from it, and he had to admit that he did enjoy walking. The wild was quiet and was perfect for thinking. He found it incredibly difficult to do so with Jikoku in his room doing God knows what.

His tablet started to beep. He pulled the profile up of Gundan, his vitals appearing. The readings were a little odd. "What is this?" He should find Gundan. He hoped he didn't come into contact with a specific person as that would shatter the illusion he had weaved over his brothers. It's rather difficult to pull peoples strings if if they're aware of you doing it. He flicked his finger on the screen to pull up windows and tabs that he needed. "A skilled Machiavellian is someone who can be one while convincing others he's not doing it."

"Gundan, what's your location?" He asked telepathically. He had to make sure everything was going according to plan. He didn't do all this work for it to be shattered. But then there was the unpredictable variable... He looked to the side and out towards the distance.

Tapping on a few buttons, he pulled up a screen of Jikoku's room. He didn't like what he saw. Nothing. He could do what he wants, but you should still monitor your mutt. On the other screen, was that of the satellite orbiting the planet. He'd go through City-10 and towards the computer lab he needed in order to gain control of the satellites. There really were only four grounded stations he needed to hack, but that shouldn't prove difficult. Perhaps... He could use Jikoku as a distraction. Yes, his arbitrary style would prove useful if he didn't already kill them. He wasn't likely to side with the Association anyways.

"It's a shame my bait didn't work as well as I calculated. Had Johan reemerged in Nagoya, that would prove to be a useful weapon against the heroes. No matter, I can live without it." He spoke to himself.

With that, he made his way to his destination, the rain clouds in the distance was only a warning of what was to come.

Another ding on his tablet went off. It was a hero; Leo Kingston. "Was this the work of Gundan? Gundan is still alive." He still waited for a response.

@Joonster

Asmodeus

45d3a4467679c284ea3e8844f63fb6d2.jpg

Nagoya really didn't trust the demon, it could be a trick, but what other option did they have? The power the blonde androids displayed in City-1 was beyond what most could do. This would give them a chance at attacking the demons, too, using the weapon created by the Association in secret, not for defense, but offense. Samuke was already working on coding it for that us, now they could use it against the demons. This was a win-win situation.

Nagoya turned to look at Siegfried, "If you have no objections..." he began.

"Oh, it seems one of your friends is dead. Long dead. Mutilated by one of the brothers. All the more reason to give in to my offer." The demons yellow eyes seemed to glow slightly as they looked right into Nagoya's. He found himself more compelled. If one of them was killed, he couldn't stand to let the offer down. These people had to die.  But how did the demon have such information? Was it even true? How could he know? Maybe it was a trick to get him to accept through emotion. Even if that was true, Nagoya couldn't seem to break the subconscious urge of just accepting. Like he didn't have control over his body.

He wasn't sure where that feeling of animosity emerged, but it felt good and felt so right. "We should accept." He looked at Siegfried then back to the demon, who  was smiling and licking his lips with a lustful twinkle in his eye. "We accept your offer." Nagoya held his hand out to shake, but when Asmodeus reached out and their hands touched in a shake, a sharp and deep pain penetrated Nagoya's hand. He instinctively pulled back and noticed blood coming from his palm. "What the hell!?" He bellowed. His hand starting to glow as did his eyes.

"Calm down, it's how I can make sure you uphold your side of the deal. It's a blood contract. I'll send you to your the blonde one, or your friends, but I'll keep in touch with you, Nagoya and Siegfried. Pleasure doing business." He turned away from them but stopped and spun on his high-heel riding boots. "Oh, by the way, of the three, their names are Gundan. He's the blue haired one. The one with blonde hair is Jikoku and the white one is Samuke. One of you had the pleasure of meeting that one recently. Gundan is more emotional and more likely to fall prey to it. He's simply doing as he's told. Samuke is a biological computer. You have to think like him. However, he's the weakest in combat. His brothers are more powerful, physically and in raw power."

"What about the blonde one?" Nagoya asked.

"Him? Well, you'll find out soon. Let's just say he's not stupid, but not the most intelligent. A truly tragic character. He's really hard for me to read. But Samuke, the smart one, isn't the only one who does his homework. I would suggest fighting him and trying to beat him before he powers up. The more he powers up the harder it is to kill him. That was one reason your hero had a bit of an issue with him, because Jikoku was already powering up. The longer he fights, the harder to kill him it becomes." Asmodeus smiled. "When you come back, if you survive, give me a call. Maybe you can show me how to enjoy a roller-coast. I hear they're very fun! The demon world is exceptionally vapid. I don't know why you humans fight each other with all this fun you have to enjoy! Tootles!"

With the end of the conversation, Siegfried and Nagoya would find themselves covered in a purple haze that, when it faded, would leave them on the rooftop in a city darkened by powerful storm clouds. The rain could be smelt in the air. The wind was picking up. This was City-10. It seemed eerily quiet from what it normally was. In the distance was a blonde figure.

@DemetrioMachete @ChimpMan

Siegfried remained silent throughout all of it. When Nagoya asked if he objected, he simply shrugged. If they could assure the demons were not a threat, then what did they have to lose? To himself, he tried to ponder what having that portal open would even accomplish. Maybe he just didn't pay attention, but it seemed a bit irrelevant. As much as Siegfried didn't trust this demonic character, he trusted the brothers far, far less.  Much less so, since apparently one of them managed to kill one of their own ranks. He simply nodded his head as Star made a deal with this Devil.

As they were transported to the stormy City-10, the first thing Siegfried spotted was the blonde one in the distance. Was that Jikoku? One of the blonde heroes? He couldn't tell from this distance. He motioned to Star to stay quiet and stay put. With steely vigor in his eyes, Planeshifter turned ethereal, and advanced. Who was this blonde..? Jikoku Jikoku Jikoku... Repeated over and over again in the ghost's mind.. If it was Jikoku, he was in for an ass kicking.

@Colleen McJavabean 

@ChimpMan

"Don't make me laugh you couldn't even hold them off for a minute what kind of good would that do."

Yukari's words hurt more than what she probably intended as Hitomi looked down, her bangs covering her eyes. She knew facing the androids solo meant grave injuries and/or death but she'd gladly withstand it if it meant her teammates being safe. "You'd think it's silly, but I wouldn't want to see any of you hurt in any way. You may think it stupid, but I'd gladly face them knowing it's futile than any of you face them." If she only knew. Having said that, she made her way to the computer and cracked her knuckles. "Alright. Let me take a crack at this." Hitomi stared at the monitor and started typing and clicking away. Thankfully, the process was smoother than she anticipated. After a minute of Firefly staring intensely at the screen, she slid back in the chair and stood up. "Well the building is now shining brighter than a Christmas tree. We should hurry and go." Hitomi told the others before walking to the door. "With the amount of power I transferred to the building, that's the only place that we'd be able to set a strong enough trap for them. Stick close together and be extra alert." She said as the group was on the move yet again.

As she led the group to the building, she felt a sense of anxiety washing upon her. She knew that coming back was probably what was against Leo's wishes, but there was no need for the rest of them to wait anymore. Not when they could provide some sort of backup. As they inched closer, Hitomi heard the faint but very clear hum of electricity. Even her hairs started to start on end. "Hopefully that was enough to help Leo charge up. We can finally finish this mission and head back together. We can actually do this." Hitomi couldn't hold back her wide grin as she approached the door. She burst into the room, amazed at the electrical gate that welcomed them and housed Gundan. "W..Whoa..." She said in complete awe for what she chalked up to be one of many of Leo's abilities. She then spotted Crash and cupped her mouth to yell at him, but stopped once she noticed him looking at a figure on the floor. A figure who looked badly burned and who needed assistance. It couldn't have been who she thought it was. Without addressing the group, she felt herself running towards Crash getting a good look at the body of her friend and teammate, Leo Kingston.

Hitomi's eyes widened as she stared in horror at the condition of Leo's body and turned to Crash, a frantic look replacing the look of hope that she had just a few minutes before. "W...What happened here? Did you call for help?" The look of anger in Crash's face had answered her question, but it wasn't the answer she really wanted. "No..." She whispered as she felt her legs give out underneath her, her heart heavy with the weight of the situation. This wasn't how the mission was supposed to go. Leo and Crash were both supposed to be alive. Leo was supposed to be scolding everyone right now for not following his directions, not laying on the floor...dead. Hitomi clutched her heart as her shoulders shook. Why did it feel like her heart was just ripped from her chest? Why was her vision getting blurry? Why was her cheeks wet with tears that now dropped on her legs? "L..Leo...get up. We did it. Reinforcements are on their way.." She spoke softly as she nudged his shoulders, completely ignoring the android who had been trapped.

The nudging soon transitioned into her gripping onto his shoulders, the tears erupting from her eyes. "Leo please... Get up.. We followed your orders. so please...get up!" Firefly's yell was enough to echo in the building. The shaking continued as she held onto her friend, sobbing loudly now. "Leo! Leo please get up! I'm sorry for splitting off from the group! I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to outrun the android." Guilt and regret washed over Hitomi  accompanying the feeling of overwhelming sadness. The whole situation was wrong. She clenched her hands into fists as the only thought that swam through her mind as she let out a heartbroken cry was: it was all her fault.

"NOOOOOO!!!!"

@Kingmalikai @ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @DemetrioMachete @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @Joonster

Yukari watched as Hitomi typed away and when she slid back she nodded. "Good that's the easy part done now for the hard part." She wanted to comment on what she said about protecting them, and how she didn't wanna see them get hurt. But she kept her comments to herself since she decided she'd cross that bridge when she got there. She followed after Hitomi hearing all the hums of the electricity going off around them. 'Oh man that android is boned and not in the good way!' Yukari couldn't help but agree with Yukari with this much power no doubt the android didn't stand a chance. Then she saw crash and the android that was what she noticed first. But next she saw Hitomi run to someone on the ground turning to see Leo was on the ground unmoving. 'Is...is he dead?' Yukari seemed to ask Rin. 'I think so.' 'Oh.'

That was all she could think as she stared down at the body of someone who she didn't know all that well. She wanted to comfort Hitomi as she had been nice to her so far......she wanted to comfort her but she couldn't. What would she even say would she cry like Shy no doubt would with her join her in her sadness? Would she take the Rin approach and get mad and attack the android? Or maybe the Chimp-Man approach and try and make her feel better by joking about? No none of those felt right to her she just didn't understand what Hitomi was doing. She didn't get the loss of a loved one she had them of course, she once had loved ones. But they were not "loved' ones in Yukari's eyes, her father died before she could even remember his face. In fact she still didn't know what he looked like since her mother carried no photos of him anywhere.

Her mother the very person who had made Yukari what she is now from books she'd read mothers were supposed to love their kids. To care for them and protect them, to cook for them, and shower them in hugs and kisses. Yukari's mom did none of that all of Yukari's food was green slug full of all the vitamins she needed. The woman wouldn't had batted an eye if Yukari had died she didn't love Yukari in fact Yukari felt as if she hated her. Yukari ended her own mother's life and really thinking about it, Yukari felt worse when she once accidentally ripped the page of one of her books. She held more sadness in her heart for a ripped page that could be taped back, than when she took the life of her own mother. Yukari stood staring at Hitomi as she made futile attempts to awake Leo from his eternal slumber. But nothing she did helped he was gone Yukari had already accepted he was dead. 'Yukari.....are you ok?' Yukari thought about the question and then asked herself the same question. Was she ok? After a bit she came to a conclusion. 'No I'm fine but that's the problem.' Yukari found her hand reaching out for Hitomi's back but stopped. 'If you were in control right now what would you had done?' Yukari asked Rin wondering if it was better to just let her take over. Rin paused then answered. 'I'd be doing what you're doing right now asking you for what the hell to do.' Yukari nodded her head. 'Of course.' Was all she could think to say.

~ Sunny ~

tumblr_nm0ai4dKb71tt78xdo1_500.png

They received the signal. Choppers were sent out. Sunny, one of the only members of the Association who remained out in public and was not killed in the headquarters crash, ran onto the rooftop. He pulled her short hair into a ponytail to keep it out of her way. "Come on, let's go!" She shouted to three heroes. One was Paragon of Justice, a large behemoth of a man. The other was a teenager with nothing but a bag of jellybeans. Many heroes were busy and had other things to attend too. These two remained at the new temporary HQ in City-2 for protection reasons. Not a single word was heard from Bishop or Cashmere. Bernard was still not seen nor heard from, so his condition was currently unknown.

Deep down, Sunny had worries about the plan the heroes set forth on. Nagoya was quite hellbent on going to the lab, and that might be a good place to go, but Leo was set on his idea of the power plant. After the stories of what he did in City-5 against the Kyon, that shouldn't be too hard. But she couldn't help but feel an anchor holding her down with thoughts about him. There was something about him. Goliath was left there at the temporary HQ, so Sunny watched over him, yet he ran into the helicopter as she walked and boarded, holding her sweater dress down from the gust caused by the rotating blades.

Dark clouds still loomed over the city, as they seemed to always do in City-2. "This day keeps feeling like we're inside the head of some depressed kid.... I don't like it. Nothing but unease and depression seem to await us all," Paragon said, likely to himself, but was taken by the two with him.

"That seems so unlike you. Normally you're the cheery one." The teenager commented.

"Sometimes you have to be realistic about what's going on, kid... Even I am but a child to the horrors that exist in our universe." He sat down and rested his elbows on his legs as he stared out the window. He had the entire side to himself due to his large stature.

The boy sat next to Sunny, and he seemed to be aware of an uneasiness also accompanying her. "Something wrong? You looked like you almost died down there," recalled the hero, bringing the memory of when they were in the hall, a sharp pain hit her chest that caused her to almost fall over.

Sunny turned to him, "no, everything's OK. Thank you for caring to ask, Jellyboy." Jellyboy, the hero eating candy, simply shrugged and continued. He had messy long salt and paper hair and round bespectacled glaring the lights from the chopper as it took off with others.

City-5 was far, but not nearly as far as many would assume. The underground tracks were too dangerous to attempt and the rails were no longer active, so helicopter was the best option.

As they arraived, the helicopters got as close as they could to the site, landing with Sunny jumping out on her inch high heels. Not a smart idea. Jellyboy leaped out also, and Paragon crashed down. Goliath seemed to follow without orders as he himself dash forward ahead of them. "Goliath, wait!" She shouted as she ran.

"Let me help." Paragon offered as he picked her up and ran with Jellyboy. They ran into the factory room where the others were, finding Goliath walking slowly to a person on the ground, his nose by him as if trying to get him to move. As if he knew him. That's when it occurred to Sunny.

Paragon saw the look on her face as he let her down, watching her run as fast as she could to him on her heels, eventually kicking them off. Tears flowing from her eyes. Her hands moving to cover her mouth as she fell on her knees in horror. "No.... No, Leo..."

Jellyboy and Paragon walked over to the cage, the two top 10 members of class A looked at the android inside. Paragon cracked his knuckles, even with the armor on him and crossed his arms after. "You're lucky you're in there else I'd snap your god damn neck myself."

"Whoa!!! Calm down there, Paragon. He's in a cage, just chill. Man, what is wrong with you today?" Jellyboy commented. "Probably a damn pebble in your boot again...." he then whispered to himself.

"Mmmm!?" Paragon eyed him. "Anyways, this thing still holds the suspect, one of the three. That's an A class for you... That's rather impressive." Paragon acknowledged the work.

"See if you can help him... Can't your light help?" Jellyboy asked. He was aware of the magical benefits his light had, but hardly saw it in action on a dead body.

"I can't... I don't know how long he's been dead and if I did, I could only heal the body, not bring his soul back. There's nothing I can do. Not with bright light... Dark light, maybe, but that's absolutely forbidden in the Order of Holy Light and only evil doers use that. Not even Leo deserves that." He turned to face Leo and had knee by his body. "Damn kid, you didn't have too... If only you waited a little longer. I'll make sure your put to rest in a nice place. Next to wear I drink my coffee. Tons of ladies there to look at." He jokingly stated, though he was sure there were some female eyes drilling into his skull right now, but he wasn't going to give them the benefit of him looking and seeing that. He was smarter then that.

Jellyboy walked over with his hands in his pockets, pulling one out to run his hand through his hair, pulling it back as a few strands of his bangs fell forward while the rest remained pulled. "This is a terrible loss for as all... However, we need you guys to tell us what happened. The android will not likely say anything. Who was here when this happened? Come forward. We need to get answers as soon as possible."

@ChimpMan @Joonster @DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei

Shy One felt a sense of relief with the power coming on as she followed along. It seemed as if they had some hope to win so long as they could last long enough for the other heroes to arrive. She followed near the back keeping up the pace as best she could. She would be useless in combat if they needed to restrain the android, she didn't have any restrictions on her abilities and using them was far to risky for her. She cared for those around her far to much to do anything of that nature. She wouldn't want 'that' to happen ever again.

She followed in making her way into the room. Time felt as if it was slowing as Hitomi's voice. The sounds around her muffled as she looked forward. Her hand began to shake as the girl held onto Leo. Her eyes opened wide in shock as they grew wet. It was as if time stopped for a brief moment as shock filled her. She might not of been that close to Leo... but seeing his body lifeless, and the panicked attempts by Firefly to hold onto him hurt her greatly. The world around her began to speed back up as if time itself was trying to shift back to normal. Her mind flashed back to scenes of destruction as she suddenly dropped to her knees crying.

Her body shook greatly. An aura of raw energy leaked from her body. The girl clutched her hand against her chest as she cried. The energy around her flowing out further. Her body was shaking as her head was tilted down. Her squeezing ahnd tightened as her aura grew a bit larger as it seemed as if she was trying to keep control of herself despite the pain aching her. Her breath was heavy as she cried maintaining herself as best she could. She was being as strong as she could... but she couldn't stop the tears from falling as her head remained tilted down. 

@ChimpMan @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Joonster @Colleen McJavabean

Crash was too late. The other heroes had already arrived and began grieving. They either cried or kept their silence in anger. Except for the Blade Queen, who, much to Crash's surprise despite him not knowing her that well, stood there looking as if she didn't care. It made Crash angry, but then he thought that maybe she was just in emotional shock. Everyone had different ways of grieving, and despite that, it wasn't the time to get angry at each other. Leo was a great hero, a selfless one who did what he thought was right and tried to make everything he did count. He believed that things were bigger than just one person, which was the reason he sacrificed himself. He walked over to Firefly, who sat on the ground next to Leo, bawling her eyes out. He felt his own eyes straining at the sight.

"That's enough." He said, struggling through the pain in his ankle to grab Firefly's shoulders and pull her away. Her grip on Leo was persistent, but Crash managed to pry her hands away and carry her back. The sight of her swinging arms and endless tears reminded him of his sister. Back when she was so sick she wasn't allowed to leave the bed, when her pet hamster died. She claimed it was sleep, and viciously searched the internet to look for ways to wake it up. Crash ended up having to deliver the truth and confiscate the laptop from her. She wouldn't stop crying for days, and although the emotional wound was always there.... "I know, I know. It's alright," Crash said, bringing Firefly away from Leo's corpse. "I know it hurts." No matter how fucked up this is right now, we'll get through it.

Crash turned the back-up heroes. "Let's all get situated first. Then we can focus on talking."

========================================================

Gundan buried his face in his hugged knees. He threw on his headphones to block out the sounds of crying coming from the heroes. The music wasn't helping. He only felt worse. "Gundan, what's your location?" Samuke asked him telepathically. Gundan tried to calm himself to answer. His mind was in a panic. He didn't think he could handle the disappointment in Samuke's voice at the news of his confinement. For a split second Gundan thought about lying, and a horrified look crossed his face. He was going to lie to his own brother? No. He'd take the disappointing tone and live with it. Samuke wouldn't throw Gundan away. They were brothers, he, Samuke and Jikoku. They were a unit. If one of them became a liability, it didn't mean one of them was holding the group back, it meant the group was being held back in general.

"Samuke, I'm captured by a high-voltage trap set by Leo Kingston in an abandoned power plant in the ruins of City-5. Leo Kingston looks to be dead, and the other heroes are grieving, waiting for back-up from the Hero Association, who will be arriving within mere seconds. I'm sorry, Samuke. I've failed you."

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi

Samuke

'Subject M.'

Samuke stood there on the grassy hill with his tablet under arm. He didn't need to try to compose himself. Gundan failed. "I'm sorry, Samuke, I've failed you." Yes you did... You failed. That was what he thought. Gundan was worthless. How could he let himself get captured?

"No, it's OK. You didn't fail me, brother," Samuke lied utterly to his brother. "Stay put and record anything you can in memory. I'll have Jikoku come for you. I have other matters to attend." That was partially true, he would have to go with Jikoku. They couldn't get Gundan. Too much information was at stake. He'd have to use the tablet to finish the coding. With it, everything would be set.

"Jikoku.... Gundan has been captured by the heroes in City-5. We must capture him back... at all costs. Do you understand?" Samuke telepathically spoke to his brother. The time to strike was now.

@Joonster @ChimpMan

Nagoya

"Star"

latest

The teleportation was fast, and yet it felt strange. One in which Nagoya really couldn't explain. However, he stood on the roof and watched as Siegfried already started to work. The sight of Jikoku alone infuriated him. He had been gone trying to save Bernard in City-1 that he didn't get to help fight against this monster. So much damage was caused. So much that he could do so little to prevent. But he was here now, and Jikoku was in his city, to boot. He stood, looking down as his muscles flexed from his irate mood. Both the wind blowing at his face and the smell of rain strong in the air.

There he was, Jikoku stood in the middle of a road eerily quiet and absence of life. He still didn’t look physically threatening. But that was all but an illusion. This time the android wore a black hoodie over his shirt and vest with the hood up. If one were to question where he got it from his blood-stained shoes told the tale. Blood which certainly wasn't his own.

Nagoya looked at his left hand with a mind filled with thoughts. He had one trump card that he could use, but he hoped it wouldn’t come to it. He only tested it once and it left him nearly in the hospital for a while. That was when a bolt of lightning ripped across the sky, casting a dark shadow over him from its light. The natural plasma of the storm. His eyes filled with determination as he looked down at Jikoku.

Nagoya volted from the rooftop and flipped to the ground below behind the genetically enhanced being. It was as if Jikoku knew already. His head slightly turning around, hands in his pockets and a grin that spelt death. He almost felt himself shake in his own boots from that grin. No care in the world. A look a tiger has once a gazelle stumbles into its den. The smile of a man unhinged. Nagoya hoped the city was empty or no one was nearby.

Licking his lips Jikoku fully turned to address his guest. And here I was beginning to think I had wasted my time with this stroll." When no immediate response came Jikoku looked carefully into Star's eyes. Some say the eyes are a reflection of ones soul. When Jikoku stared into Nagoya's, it was the look of a man who came for a war. "You look like you're ready for a fight." This fact seemed to bring Jikoku much pleasure. "You've come to the right place."

“You’re a monster… And we’re going to stop you,” Nagoya confidently said as he began to bend forward slightly, fist clenched.

“Ha ha ha!" A laugh which wasn't mocking, but one of pure joy. "You will try. I hope you're prepared to die. But I suppose it matters not, either way I will kill you.” A brief silence ensured. The calm before the literal storm. A lightning bolt struck in the distance. The delayed roar of thunder followed. A prelude to chaos. Smugly Jikoku signaled Nagoya with his index finger as to say 'Show me what you've got.'

Nagoya pushed the ground with his feet, shooting forward and closing the distance between them rapidly, dust kicking from the force as he threw a fist at the man’s face. Jikoku easily bent back slightly and to the right, letting it pass. Nagoya threw a right fist to his left check, a fist to the gut, another to uppercut, and another to the button of the face. Each one to no avail as Jikoku just dodged it, his hands still comfortably suspended in his pockets suggesting a state of relaxation. An unnatural behavior for most when someone is trying to destroy you but natural for a man created solely for the intent of destruction. Jikoku was created for war, his very existence was to fight- and win. 

Nagoya spun around sending a back hand at Jikoku and tilting towards him, increasing his reach to prevent a dodge like before. But Jikoku ducked. Nagoya knew he shouldn’t let it, but it irritated him so much. He pulled his fist back, flexed as hard as he could and threw another punch at Jikoku, harder, faster. As if making a joke of Star's strength, Jikoku grinned as he allowed the punch to hit him in the face, and as if having performed this maneuver hundreds of times, rolled his face with the punch and leaned back, inviting Nagoya mere inches away from his body. Then he lifted his knee right into Nagoya's gut.

The force of the knee was powerful and the pain high. Nagoya's body was bent forward from the pain in his gut. He could hear the maniacal laughing. This was a mistake… a big mistake and not the sort you live to tell you friends about after.

Jikoku reached down and grabbed Nagoya by the throat. “This reminds me of that little sound boy. The one with the headphones. I let him live for the irony. I bet he's not making as much noise now. Ha-ha! That's not a benefit you will have.”

Nagoya’s feet were lifted from the ground and he felt the force of Jikoku’s fist drilling into his stomach, a powerful punch that sent him flying across the ground and through one side of a car and out of the other. He tried to sit up, but the pain forced him to hold his stomach.

Jikoku walked to his position with a smile. That was when he picked on what was going through his mind. Jikoku wasn’t trying to kill him, no… He was toying with him. This was his amusement, and if he got bored, he’d kill him or be more ruthless and unrelenting. He entered Nagoya's space and dodged an incoming uppercut, punched the hero on the right under space of his jaw. The hero tried to send another fist at his enemy, but Jikoku used his foot to stop it and push it away, using the same foot in motion to hit his chest, pushed away to get himself in the air and pushing the hero back a bit. He kicked again at the chest with his other foot and flipped back.

Upon landing he blitzed at the hero, who was now pushed against a wall and kneed the side of Nagoya's chest, clearly shattering some ribs, and spinning around to gain momentum in his next attack. The next, which was his leg, sent crashing into the other side of the heroes chest, the sound of bones cracking as he felt himself be picked up from the sheer force. The kick sent Nagoya thrown off across the ground like he weighted nothing.

Nagoya struggled to sit up on all fours, his mouth open from panting and blood dripping out. It didn't matter if Jikoku saw, but his eyes were wide open in terror.

As Jikoku casually advanced, Nagoya stood up and wiped his lip with his arm. “OK… So, that’s how you want to be.” He charged his arms with plasma in his muscles.

Ahh Samuke told me about your abilities. Don’t disappoint now me now!” Jikoku charged after Nagoya.

Nagoya threw his arms up and charged in multiple spots, first his hands and then his back. With Jikoku charging, Nagoya fired off a giant plasmic blast that took up the road, bright as the sun and as hot too.

Jikoku saw this as a possible threat. He wasn’t stupid, he knew this man used plasma and that was like touching fire. Fire that could hurt. Plus, why make him think the attack failed? He’ll come from behind. Doing just that, he sped behind Nagoya with his fist cocked back. Nagoya anticipated this, the energy he charged was a white ball. “You’ll have to try better than that!” Jikoku shouted. The ball not as bright, not yet.

“I know,” was Nagoya’s reply as the ball lit up. “Flashbang!” Suddenly Jikoku was stopped by the blinding light, an ability working as a flashbang. That was the goal. Nagoya took this chance to punch Jikoku in the chest, who staggered back from the light, trying to get his vision, but Nagoya wasn’t slow. Arms charged and feet enhanced, he rushed at Jikoku and began to hit his pressure points and muscles. His goal; weaken his muscles through plasma creating a powerful electric shock. Ending with a final punch to the gut where plasma created a ring of pressure around his hand, bursting with a powerful concussive force that sent Jikoku flying into a building. “How was that?”

Feeling the effect of the punch, Jikoku stood up with a grin. By happenstance he was knocked into an apartment bathroom with a whimpering middle-aged, balding man hiding behind a nudie magazine with his bare lower body shivering. Rolling his eyes Jikoku grabbed the man by the head and through him through the ceiling and out of the way. Multiple female screams of shock and disgust followed.

“Is that it?” Jikoku commented, turning back to Nagoya. With little time to give, he appeared like a bullet, punching down at Nagoya, whose eyes resembled that of a child, frightened, but standing against the dark.

Jikoku threw another at his gut, blood coming out, and then another to the face and finishing his combo off with a kick to the side of his arm. He watched the hero skid across the ground. “You’re boring me. You seem to want to continue, either because of your friends or your pride.” He nodded to himself before giving a devilish smile. “I think I’ll take that first.”

He walked up to Nagoya, kicked his chest that sent his body flopping up, elbowed his back, then placing his foot on the now body slammed Nagoya. “You heroes think you can beat us? This is laughable! You fight us yet you fail to see we're not even trying to kill you! Think about it, moron. You came after us, to which I defended myself! The Association is evil, so I killed them. Only me. Not Samuke or Gundan. Me.” He knelt to Nagoya’s ear. “ME!”

“You’re killer… You stole the lives…” He was stopped in his tracks, thinking about what he just learned.

“Oh, I know your story. You think you’re any better? We only exist to protect your lazy asses, yet you want to save the world and save the people, but you don’t care to change it. But I will and there’s not a single thing you can do to stop me. I’m built to destroy people like the one that killed your precious champion, Galactic Shield and destroyed half of city-5.”

Nagoya shifted as he charged himself. Jikoku raised his foot to crush his skull when the hero of City-10 vanished. “Oh?” Jikoku looked over his shoulder to see Nagoya behind him in the distance. Panting. Feet spread and hands clenched.

Nagoya charged his body as electricity surrounded his body, his eyes glowing yellow slightly, and muscles tightened and grew as he enhanced his body with plasma augmentation. He dashed after Jikoku and sent a punch, who dodged it and countered with a left fist aimed at the side of his head. His own eyes tracking the punch. It was slower. Did he do it purposefully? Why was it slower? Could it be?

He dodged the punch, hands firmly placed on the ground as he spun around to kick Jikoku’s feet from under him. He flipped up to avoid. He landed away from Nagoya and charged at him throwing punches.

Nagoya avoided each one, but not without strain. “That’s it… That’s it! I can see. I CAN SEE!” He shouted to himself in his mind as he moved to the left and to the right. This Jikoku wasn’t at the level he was when he fought Dragon-Lord, just his base, but he was standing toe to toe now. He could beat him!

Jikoku spun around and sent a kick at him, which Nagoya ducked and sent his fist at Jikoku, who spun and kicked his fist away and sent a knee to his face. Nagoya dodged.

As he got his barring, he saw Jikoku smiling with his mouth wide open, clearly enjoying himself, and now a punch aimed at his face again. This time on his left. He had this. He felt so confident he let a smirk slip, which would be bad to give how comfortable you felt to the enemy.

As Jikoku’s fist came, he flexed it, the muscles growing slightly larger, but Nagoya didn’t notice and only had a split second to dodge the fist. His face no longer confident as the punch almost hit him. That was faster.

He looked back to see a punch come to his side, which he dodged again only to find a kick to his gut and followed by an uppercut to his jaw and finished with a backhand. The punch was powerful. It hurt… bad. He felt himself dazed slightly. He heard Jikoku laughing manically, though.

Nagoya felt himself grabbed by the coat and tossed around and thrown through a building and out the other end, skidding across the ground.

The dark sky roared with thunder as lightning shot across the sky once more. The rain, it could be smelled by now as the wind picked up more. Slowly, rain dropped, but it began to pick up and drench everything in City-10.

@ChimpMan @DemetrioMachete

Hitomi had been too absorbed in holding onto her dear friend to notice the others arrive. Her cries of anguish seemed to be never ending as she silently prayed for whatever god that would listen to bring him back. Even at the cost of taking his place. She gripped harder feeling someone attempting to tug her away. "N.No.. Leave me..." Her pleas fell on deaf ears as Crash successfully tore the hysteric woman away from the body, prompting her to reach towards it waving her arms. "No! Let me go!" She didn't care how much of a hysterical mess she looked in front of her superiors. "I need to be there! Let go!" At her last outburst, the temperature in the room shot up. It wasn't until a few minutes later that it started to go down as Hitomi latched onto Crash's shirt crying into his torso, muttering how she should have been in Leo's place. If only she had just convinced him to leave her. Firefly wouldn't be able to coherently answer Jellyboy's question until she calmed down, which took a good few moments.  

"I entered the building to find any information on the plant that could help us set a trap for the androids. He approached me and attached what felt like strings to me and used that as means for controlling me. I tried to steer everyone away to continue the mission, but Leo and Suited Savior came and I was able to escape. I wasn't here for the fight." Crash would feel her tighten her grasp on his shirt, as Firefly spoke on the verge of bawling again. "Leo gave me instructions to round everyone up and call for reinforcements, which I did. As we waited, I gave the order to transfer what power the plant held into this one building to help Leo with the fight." Looking at the various reactions from the team, Hitomi teared up once more. "I'm sorry. This all happened because of my incompetence..." She looked down as she felt a fresh hot stream of tears falling down her cheeks once more. She knew that she would have to let go of the Suited Savior soon, but if he let her go before she got her mind focused again she'd be right beside Leo again holding him and crying her eyes out. The comfort of another hero was what she needed right now. She needed to know if everything was going to be alright, like Crash said. 

Siegfried was about to prepare for a pincer attack on the boy.. but Star jumped the gun too early. No, Siegfried thought. We shouldn't fight him one on one!

He could only watch on in dread and infuriation as Star moved without him telling him to. Things weren't working out too well for Star.. Jikoku was just toying with him. 

At the same time though.. this could play to Siegfried's advantage. Jikoku didn't know he was here.. he could launch a surprise attack! He began thinking about how to go about it. Part of Samuke lingered in his mind.. back at the festival. "Your technique on Kyon won't work here, Siegfried Yonlenstaufel." Fine.. he wouldn't have to Kyon Jikoku. Besides the point, he didn't have a knife on him.

The battle went by so fast.. this Jikoku certainly had some fighting discipline. Star was in bad shape by the end of it, it seemed like. Siegfried needed to act fast. See if you find this boring you scumfuck bastard.. Siegfried thought to himself as he used his ethereal speed to gain distance from Jikoku, then he flew towards him. Once he had reached his top speed, Siegfried materialized, his feet aimed right for Jikoku's spine in what would be a ruthless high speed dropkick. No noise, no noticed presence.. and this speed, how would Jikoku possibly see this coming?

@Colleen McJavabean

Yukari watched Hitomi break down more and more as she cried and held onto Crash. She looked away touching where her heart was....right? That's what she thought she felt it beat she felt it thump steadily in her chest. Thump....thump.....thump....thump....thump....thump. She was alive she was breathing but she wasn't sadden by this scene she wasn't hurt by this lost. She was already trying to figure out the best course of action next until she find her eyes on Shy One, on Ashley. 'Yo FFE mind if I-' 'Go ahead.' Yukari switched with Rin who walked over to Ashley and crouched down to her hugging her. "Hey c'mon don't go staining a pretty face like yours. Don't be sad, don't be scared, don't cry. I'm here for you......I'll always be here for you." Yukari watched a familiar scene one that reminded her of a old scene, when she but a little girl when she was but a child. She had heard the same words the same words were said to her as well Yukari felt her heart, Rin's heart beat a bit faster. Rin who was supposed to be the monster Yukari almost became was hurt. She was on the brink of tears as well Yukari couldn't hear her own heart anymore it wasn't her heart right now that was aching it was Rin's. That when Yukari began to wonder something that lurked in the back of her mind. 'Am I the monster?' She asked herself Rin didn't hear her as she was too focused on Ashley. 

@Kingmalikai @Hanarei @DaniBot @Joonster @Colleen McJavabean @ChimpMan @DemetrioMachete

Jikoku

'Subject T'

Dai_zps03c772ef.jpg~c200

"Oi, you done already?" Muttered Jikoku disappointed at the sight of an unconscious Nagoya and began to nudge the body with his foot. "Do the flashy thing again, it tickles." As a last ditch effort to find some revival of their fight Jikoku opened one of Nagoya's eyes. Interestingly a flicker of light passed through the glare in Star's eyes which were pointed over Jikoku's shoulder. Something behind him? Oh-

Sometimes a flicker of light is all a predator needs to pounce on its prey. Jikoku turned rapidly, at such a speed only seen once in his fight with Dragon-Lord. Jikoku welcomed the sight of a rapidly approaching Planeshifter. Rapid for a human at least. Before the kick ever found its mark, Jikoku grabbed Planeshifter's foot and pulled, maintaining all of Siegfreid's momentum and adding even more with his own strength. Siegfried would just be fast enough to catch Jikoku mutter the word "Bye." before proceeding to throw the hero over the other side of the city.

Planeshifter made one fatal mistake which was to make himself tangible and create an opening for Jikoku to grab onto. Had he been fast enough the hero might've turned back into his ghost form, but Jikoku was simply that quick. As it stood on Dragon-Lord had the ability to keep up with the android. Had Planeshifter been anyone else in the world, Jikoku would've slammed him through the floor and turned him into a puddle of blood. But Jikoku wasn't even sure the hero could be killed and to Jikoku that made him the most boring and annoying thing on this planet. 

"Jikoku.... Gundan has been captured by the heroes in City-5. We must capture him back... at all costs. Do you understand?" Said Samuke's voice appearing in Jikoku's head.

Interesting... 

The news made the blonde android immediately stop what he was doing. Convenient for the beaten and broken Nagoya as Jikoku was about to put his foot through the boy's skull. A small but decisive twist of fate, Jikoku smirked at the thought. If one believed in fate, perhaps they would believe Nagoya would stay alive for a reason. Hopefully to someday provide me with a challenge, thought Jikoku, but he doubted it as he observed Nagoya's unconscious body face-down in the dirt. Not this hero. 

Instead Jikoku sat on his beaten opponent's back and began to think. Gundan; captured. The idiot probably hesitated to do what needed to be done and paid for it. But what's interesting was Samuke's motivation to save him. Aside from Jikoku everyone might think that it was out of a sense of brotherly compassion or fraternity. People were stupid. No, Jikoku saw the situation for what it was because he knew Samuke better than anyone else. What he knew right now was the only reason Gundan's rescue was on the agenda was because he was integral to Samuke's plans. Had they been expendable, Jikoku had no doubt Samuke would leave him and Gundan for dead. But one doesn't sacrifice their strongest pawns. Not until the game was over anyway. Interesting indeed brother

Had Gundan been anyone else, Jikoku wouldn't care. The weak die and the strong survive, as is nature and as it the way it should be. But as much as he hated to admit it, he needed Gundan. Without him, he'd have pulled Samuke's head off long ago. Without Samuke, Jikoku would lack focus and would burn the world to the ground. Besides, Gundan might be the only person in this world Jikoku didn't want to destroy. 

"Oh, I understand brother." replied Jikoku to Samuke. Fumbling about in his pockets, Jikoku retrieved a phone - another one of his 'borrowed items' - and began to dial a phone number. The contact number for Sunny; Management Adviser for the Hero Association. With all of the association presidents being either dead or hiding, she was one of the only association workers who was left working with the heroes (hence why Jikoku decided to memorize her phone number from Samuke's hacked HA data). 

Jikoku patched his brothers in to his voice so they could both hear the conversation. 

"Hello?" Spoke Sunny on the other end of the line to the 'unknown caller'. She was in an association helicopter enroute to the power plant where the heroes and Gundan were along with Dragon-Lord. But no words immediately came. Just a snapping sound, like a twig snapping into two. "That was the sound of star's index finger being fractured." An amused chuckle followed and Sunny's speechlessness told Jikoku she knew who this was. Finally she mustered the will to speak. 

"What-"

"-Ah ah ah. Just a moment." The sound of fumbling around on Jikoku's end followed until Sunny received a photo message. A picture of the unconscious, bruised and beaten Nagoya on the floor with a thin trail of blood trickling down his forehead. "I want my brother back. I assume you want your hero. At least I hope for his sake." - Jikoku broke into another laugh - "We will commence a trade in approximately... eight hours time. Follow this phone's coordinates for the location. Oh, and if I were you, I wouldn't be late." 

Immediately Jikoku hung up. He already knew she would follow his demands. Why? Because Sunny knew what he would do to Star if she didn't. More importantly: What she didn't know was if she could even negotiate with the android. After-all, Sunny had little reason to doubt this guy was sane enough to resist killing Star before the meeting, never mind if he truly even cared about Gundan. The heroes had eight hours. Jikoku knew this would irritate Samuke as there was no logic to it at all. But Jikoku wanted to give the heroes time so they could used it to muster some sort of meager challenge. At least something to make him a little entertained. 

"We gave these heroes a chance, but they have made it clear they intend to stand in the way of our objective." Said Jikoku to his brothers. 

And thus, the gears of the final battle were set in motion.

@Colleen McJavabean @Joonster @DemetrioMachete

Siegfried's eyes widened as Jikoku had grabbed him.. fudge, he thought.

But then his thoughts vanished as he found himself flying out of the range! The resistance of the air nearly blew his coat off.. He tried to maintain his composure.. no, it wasn't doing it. Star got brutalized.. 

The moment he got breath in his lungs, all he could do was shout. Fury, rage.. pouring out of his very being. All of that buildup, just to be tossed aside! Planeshifter's own thoughts echoed.. he fed on electromagnetism to hone his power as a ghost.. this Jikoku not only made sport of Star, but tossed him away, too?

This needed to be rectified. Fast. 

With the turning of his ethereal form, Planeshifter lost his momentum. Now he was floating above the city.. going back and trying to rescue Star or defeat Jikoku would be useless. He needed to be more prepared. With fury and urgency in his heart, his ghost rushed off, searching for other heroes to regroup with.. or a source of electromagnetism to feed off of. Whichever his search would yield first.

@ChimpMan

@Colleen McJavabean

An hour later

There were few heroes in the world. Real heroes that is. A handful of them found who had volunteered to fight against the android threat found themselves sat around a circular table, the room silent. Glass windows on the far side of the meeting room displayed dusk settling in the sky, the world turning to night. After the capture of the artifical human known as Gundan, the group were swiftly transported back to City-5 headquarters while the hero association's new-found prisoner was held in an unknown location to heroes, presumably a top-secret prison area designed for the most dangerous of criminals. Interestingly Gundan came without fight once Signal Shock aka Leo Kingston's barrier came down. A result of his final act. After debriefing the association the heroes just sat there in silence.

Dragon Lord

The silence broke when two wooden doors opened and in stepped Dragon-Lord and Sunny. The old hero looked stopped at a moment to observe the heroes sat at the table and then joined them while Sunny remained with a stack of documents in hand. "We wanted to give you all a little time before we told you." Sunny paused for a moment. " We have been contacted by another of the androids, 'Subject T' or Jikoku, I believe. He has requested a trade in approximately seven hours time. His brother, Gundan, for that of Star. As I'm sure you're all aware now Star was... captured by the android. 

Ryuujin turned from facing Sunny to the heroes around the table. From some of their faces he could already tell what they were thinking. 'Leo to sacrifice himself only for it to be in vain?' or something along those lines. Dragon-Lord fround the thought. "I understand what some of you might be thinking. This is... a bitter pill to swallow." said Ryuujin getting to his feet and walking across the room to take a look over the night-time skyline of City-5. Breathing a heavy, tiresome sigh which came from decades of physical and mental stress, he wished Galactic Shield were here. He stood there for a moment and turned around, his face stone. Serious in time of action as always was the wise sage. "But understand, the sacrifice Leo Kingston made has bought us a chance. A chance to rescue young Star. I understand, you're upset, you're hurt and maybe you're afraid and you should be. What happened to him could just as easily happen to you. If that's too much then" - Dragon Lord nodded to the door - "But this is not a problem which will go away if you bury your head's in the sand. These maniacs are serious and if we don't stop them now we might never get the chance to again. Know this, Leo may have given his life to capture our enemy and protect others, but I bet had he been here now in the exact same situation, he would make the same choice again, again and again. Why? Because that's the kind of hero he was! The kind this world needs! No one said holding the title of 'hero' would be easy. Leo has already done his part, so, I suppose the question now is: What kind of hero are you?"

@Hanarei @Kingmalikai @Joonster @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @DemetrioMachete @Colleen McJavabean

Ashley sat quietly in the room. Her tears had all but dried up, in some part Rin's actions helped to calm her down. It was careless of her to act in such a way, lacking much of her own control when in such an extreme emotional state. She was happy the girl had been there to ease her down... at least enough to suppress her sadness. She kept quiet at the table feeling such guilt, even if she shouldn't be. If anyone should of been worthy of a sacrifice, she would of much rather wished herself to of been the one to take such a fall. She was more then likely the one least worthy of any sort of respect in the group. Her head turned up seeing Dragon Lord. Her eyes fixated on him before looking away in shame as she had earlier. She had such respect for him, but she couldn't help but feel complete guilt seeing him viewing her as a monster no matter how much she should be convinced otherwise.

As he questioned them, she was quiet as always. Her heart raced a bit as her eyes avoiding contact. She felt as if she had to respond, the need built inside her. "I... I'm not much of... a hero at all... b.. but... I... I don't want to just... do nothing. M... my life was spared... after the terrible things I did. It is only right I... that I am willing to put my life on the line... or give it if necessary.  I... I owe it to m... my mother... father... my brothers... my neighbors... all those I robbed the chance to live... to do my best... to save as many lives as I can... it is the least I can do after what I've done. I don't need to be recognized... to be loved... to be adored... I just want to protect and save as many as I could... no matter what the cost is to myself." 

She finished speaking keeping her eyes away from Dragon Lord filled with shame still as she looked down upon the table. Her memories of her being much younger looking up at the ceiling, aching all over. A full body cast over her body as her vision was blurry full of tears knowing full well what had happened despite having no control over herself during the process. She could recall his imposing figure over her, unable to speak or barely hear just remember his look. She shook her head a bit snapping herself away from those thoughts. She clutched at her skirt, gripping lightly upon it. "I'm n... nothing much... but I... I still want to try my best... that is what I believe. I'm not a hero... I'm just d... doing what is right. I am doing the least of what I owe to the world." She finished off keeping her head turned down. 

@Kingmalikai @Joonster @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @ChimpMan @DemetrioMachete @Colleen McJavabean

Samuke

'Subject M.'

The entire choice bothered him, but there was no stopping Jikoku. He found a way that would inevitably feed him. So what was there to do? Plan. Traps, gates, barriers, all ht would take up too much time. No, he had to finish his task. Jikoku's threat only would work if the Heroes wanted Star, and Samuke and Jikoku wanted Gundan. What they didn't know was how much Samuke was willing to go to finish the job. Jikoku, Gundan, they were just pawns on the board. Powerful ones. Everything had a domino effect. There was no "if she complies with the switch or she doesn't," she would. He knew it. If she wouldn't, then it was always to be that way.

Having been proficient with coding and planning, simply making his way to City-10, which really wasn't that far, was hardly a tax on his time. Deep inside their temporary home sat robots he was able to craft. Programing the first few that could help in building more. Eventually this just allows it to grow faster and better. They were more logical and could follow his simple orders. They themselves were taking over the plants. If things got out of hand, he'd use the space weapon for his own gain... however.

He looked down at the tablet, the screen changed and he flipped to the appropriate one. I had a loading screen. It was only at 49%.

As Samuke entered City-10, he could tell were Jikoku was located. There was one way he could get to his location, and that was through City-10's world famous reactorcycles, capable of high speed travel. There was one sitting in the back part of an alley. Right outside a bar. Samuke walked over and inspected it. "So much tenacity for technology to subvert their ability for greatness so that they could champion the mental laziness and cognitive dissonance. What disgusting creatures. A system to force them to truly be great is what needs to rise from the ashes of their failures. That is what I will do." Samuke guided his hand across the surface of the bike. It was smooth and had a matte black colour to it.

The door of the bar opened and a man stumbled out with the stench of alcohol radiating from his body like the sun gives off light. Samuke's face would have shown his thoughts of the man and how disgusting of a sight it was, but the man made his first move. "Hey... Fwhat are you doing? You touching my bike!?" He stumbled over to Samuke, leaning over his bike for balance. "You know what... I don't like that look you're giving me. You... You thin you can take me?"

Samuke's eyes remained cold and dead for a short time before he gave an actual emotional expression of pure and utter disdain. "You are an indescribably narcissistic microphallus and a dastardly dull-witted hysterical mass of warbling inanity. Wrought for, the worst kinds of cesspools."

The man simply stared at Samuke, perplexed. He had no idea what the man just said. "What? Did you just insult me? I'll show you!" He said as he threw a fist as Samuke, who caught it. For all the strength of the man, Samuke, who was shorter, skinnier, and really didn't look physically imposing one bit, stopped the man in his tracks like he was a child. "Wh... What are you? Let go!"

"The more I immerse myself with you humans the more I find myself wanting to physically vomit my guts out. I'm so tired... I won't even give you a chance." Samuke said coldly as he slashed his hands from the left to the right, blood spilling across the wall. White smoke flowing from Samuke's cold hands. Blood frozen. Splatters of blood landed on Samuke's face and jacket. He wiped it off and flicked it on the ground. He hated the site of blood. It was the apex of weakness in biological creatures. Sometimes he wished Dr. Nodachi made them complete computers, things would be so much better. But he too was a fool.

Samuke knelt down and searched the man, grabbing the keys and getting on the bike, starting it up as the silent engine began to rotate with immense levels of plasma. He readied himself and shot off into the bowels of the city, heading for Jikoku.

Those that saw him would see a blur, and no police would follow unless they too had a reactorcycle. The crime in this city was large and no unheard of. He hoped to eradicate the city when the weapon was complete. It was a cesspool of vile beings being brought into the world that didn't need them.

Jikoku was in the distance, the unconscious Star with him and badly beaten, Samuke pulled up to them. "I see you haven't changed a bit, Jikoku. Though, I have to say, I'm partly surprised that you didn't kill him. You must see something in the heroes if you want them to all come and fight you. I'd ask if you're ready, but that would be a stupid question."

Samuke looked back at the tablet, the loading screen now at 67%. It was almost time, his robots would do his work for him. "By the way, Jikoku, I didn't want to tell you, but there seems to be someone heading to the Hero Association building in City-5. It might be nothing, but I wouldn't be bringing this up if it was. It might be someone who knows too much about us." Samuke didn't want to say it was Dr. Nodachi, keeping it ambiguous for any of the main scientists that made them, but it was Nodachi. What bothered Samuke was why he appeared and what his goal was. Surely he hid in fear and more so when the three made their appearance. Why now?

@ChimpMan @Kingmalikai @Joonster @DaniBot@Nenma Takashi @DemetrioMachete @Hanarei 

Rin sat in her chair rocking back and forth in it using the table to do so she listened closely to Dragon Lords speech. Unlike last time she wasn't messing around all fun and games. She was focused on what he was saying because now this fight wasn't just her wanting to tear that blond bastard of robot Jikoku in her eyes they had made a grave mistake. Making Hitomi and Ashley cry they had given her a reason a purpose to slice them up and that made it all the more easier to focus and pay attention for her. As Ashley began to talk seeming to down play what she did Rin spoke up next. "I wouldn't say that actually Shy I mean you'd call firefighters heroes wouldn't you? Compare to what we do everyday their job doesn't seem that dangerous go into building on fire save people and put out fire. While our job is stop evil monster from killing everyone. Yet we still call them heroes as well police too even with us here to lower any civilian crime they still help out. Being a hero isn't about how much you did or how strong you are. It's more about ya know doing something it's because you did what you could that your a hero or ya know that's how I see it." Half-way through her speech Rin stopped directing it to Ashley and began to speak to everyone in the room turning it into a more broad speech. But she also wanted to slightly direct the speech to Yukari who since seeing Leo die has been strangely quiet. 
@Hanarei @Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @Joonster @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete @ChimpMan

Cloaked Figure

City-5, Hero Association Branch

Cloaked-Figure.jpg

While the heroes remained in the City-5 branch of the Hero Association, one of the few buildings left unscratched from Kyon's invasion weeks ago, a figure ran across the streets in a clear hurry, making his way to the building. His huffing was loud as he ran. It wasn't fast, it wasn't the sound of an extraordinarily fit leatherette, but that of one who wasn't initiated to the arts of athleticism.

He ran to the building, placing his hands on the doors to catch his breath as he hastily pressed the buzzer to unlock the door. "Come on. Come on. Come on."

The phone answered. "Yes? Who are you? What do you need, sir?"

"I need to get inside, now!"

"Sir, that isn't an answer to the question. I will ask again; who are you and what do you need?" Sunny was aware of the situation as her phone rang. She made her way to the central communication room, the place where much of the communication was done with screens on all over with reports.

"Ma'am, a man is at the door requesting permission to come in. He's in a hurry, it seems."

"We're on lock down. Do not let him in." Sunny ordered. The girl at the computer nodded her head and continued to speak into her headpiece.

"Sir, no one is currently allowed inside the building." She replied to the cloaked man. Sunny watched from the camera to see who this person was or what he would do. Leo's body was currently in a lab and undergoing research and autopsy. She was also waiting to hear from Planeshifter. He was with Star, and since he was captured by Jikoku, she hoped Planeshifter was safe. Knowing his abilities and what Jikoku had already showed, she assumed he wouldn't so easily be hurt by Jikoku. They'd cancel one another out.

The man looked at the camera. "You have no idea, I need to come in. I saw what happened here at the plant. I know what you face. You NEED me! My name is Dr. Joseph Nodachi. I created the boys who threaten you now and one of which you captured!" The mans said throwing his hood off.

Sunny and the girl on the phone with him remained stunned, taken aback. He created them? "Let him in." Sunny ordered.

"But, Ma'am, I don't think that's a wise idea." The girl responded with worry.

"I don't care what you think, that's an order. Let him in, now!" She shouted as she ran out to meet him. As she did, she ordered Paragon of Justice to follow. The guy was arguably the tallest, largest hero in the Association, he alone was intimidating.

The two marched down to the door as Dr. Nodachi was let in through the door, now unlocking. Paragon crossed his arms over his chest as she stood there. Nodachi was breathing heavy as he leaned over, trying to calm his heart rate.

"You said you created those... 'monsters', why should we trust you?"

"Because, without me, you will never beat them."

"A demon appeared saying the same."

"A demon? Look, I can explain, allow me to speak to you."

Sunny was hesitant, but she looked at Paragon who nodded his head. She looked at the man, his face that was shown was that of a late 30's to earl 40's male with short dark brown hair and eyes that looked similar to Samuke's. "OK. We'll talk." She said turning around to head to the room. He was the one that made them that ended Leo's life.

The three entered a meeting room near where the others were. Sunny sat down and looked at Nodachi from across the table. "Why are you here? Why help us? Why did you make those androids?" Asked Sunny.

"Androids? No, they're bio-androids. A study of bio-robotics. The term 'robot' is used more loosely in this scientific field. I started the research. It was over 20 years ago. I was in the prime of my life. The Hero Association was just a thought in the minds of the elites. They had hired me to aid in their advancement. I declined. They offered again, this time to make a hero that could never die. I declined again. Once more, they asked to make artificial humans that were past peak capabilities in physical conditioning. That did actually peak my interest, so I obliged.

"The boys were crafted from the genetic remnants of long dead heroes, recent heroes, those who offered to give some of their DNA, the DNA of the greatest minds, of the most caring people, and even of monsters, the Mysterious Beings. Even the DNA of Galactic Shield resides in them. More so in Jikoku. As the years went by, they felt more like my children. I loved them. I still do. Id tell them stories of the world. The beauty of the grass, snow, the sunshine and the wind.

"I never had children of my own. MY wife died of cancer before I started my research. She died while I was finishing my doctorate degree.

"Samuke was supposed to be the brains. The nerdy one everyone picked on, but could figure out any problem he faced. He proved to be very skilled at this, besting some of the best scientists in a game of chess. But he never smiled. Instead, he found it boring. We figured this to be the side effect of the genes," Dr. Nodachi explained.

"Wait, this was over 20 years ago and yet you look so young. How is that so?" Paragon asked.

"I performed bio-engineering on my own body. I too came down with a deadly form of cancer in my lungs, my brain, and my my heart. By doing this I was capable of eradicating any type of cancer. I effectively regressed my age 40 years," Nodachi answered.

"You said Samuke showed bad side effects? Why didn't you simply change that?" Sunny looked at him curiously.

Nodachi looked down as he answered. "Because, in genetic research, any time you turn on or off a gene, give a gene of another creature into another creature, they come with other effects. You can't simply give the beauty gene without the loss of hair that is associated with it. If you use a gene to counteract that gene, you then get another bad gene effect.

"For Gundan, he was the most human of the all. He displayed emotion, played with toys, coloured, laughed, hugged, and helped out the others. He dreamed of seeing the world and enjoying laying on the grass on a warm spring day. Without him, Jikoku and Samuke never would get along. He is the crux of their relationship. He is what holds them together. And he is emotionally attached to them. He is, perhaps, the most successful creation in intimidating humans at the most purest level whale being above human in standards of evolution.

"As for Jikoku, he was the most flawed. But you have to understand, the boy doesn't know. He truly thinks he's right. He truly believes he's good and what he does is OK. His mind, shattered from experimentation. We took him and attempted to create him into something more."

"Something... more?" Sunny asked.

"What's more than killing innocent people? It's disgusting!" Paragon shouted.

Dr. Nodachi's tired eyes looking at the two synthetically. He could see Sunny shifting in her seat at this information. The hero, however, had stress and anger written all over his face. 

"It was by the order of the Hero Association prior to the public creation. Before it was created for you all to know, it was a hidden entity with money backing it from powerful individuals. The ones who died at the Hero Festival. They began to threaten me when I declined. I told Jikoku that he shouldn't worry. I'm sure he could see the utter regret on my face, but I was forced. Dr. Tsukuyomi was a close partner of them, and he told them everything I didn't do. We never saw eye to eye. He saw my boys as tools.

"The experimenting was to make Jikoku into the future super soldier poster boy. But the effect, with the memories used to get him to understand war, combat, and martial art techniques, the ways of combat and killing, what we as a species have done, how to use weapons from past eras to current, shattered his mind.... He..." Nodachi started to have tears running down. "He was only 4 when it began. But if I didn't, they'd kill me and him.

"Believe it or not," a smile grew on Dr. Nodachi's face, as if recalling a warm and happy memory. "When he slept, he was so peaceful. Cute. It's hard to believe what he had become."

He looked over at the two. "Jikoku is your greatest threat to the heroes in that he knows just about all forms of combat, seen all the wars in history, and is no longer truly sane. Only his emotion could bring him back. As for Samuke, I have no idea what he is planning. He's unpredictable in that he's leagues ahead in planning. As long as you convince him that what he knows is true and nothing else exists in data, he wont go looking for it, generally. I also want to see your hero. Leo Kingston."

"Leo?" Sunny asked.

"Yes, I think I can bring him back!"

"B-back? Back how?" She asked again.

"I built those boys from nothing... I can bring back your hero. Please, give me this one chance to make up for my sins to humanity. And... Gundan... I need to see him. Please... If he knows I'm alive, if he knows  I care, maybe he will turn away from whatever sinister plot Samuke as poisoned his mind with. They all three should see me as their father and love me. I can help bring them down emotionally. If it can be prevented, I want them to not suffer. I don't want them to die. I want them to be what they were intended to be; the protectors of earth, but those who care for ever life. Please, I beg you to give me this one chance."

Sunny looked at Paragon and then back at Dr. Nodachi. "How do we know we can trust you? How do you even know we have him?"

"Because, I created them I set them up where I could watch them and their vitals from secrecy in my lab, away. I feared Samuke would kill me. It was the only way to try and do something."

"Kill you? Why would he killed you? You just said they're all three attached to you by emotion."

"Yes, but Samuke will discard that and will do anything to win. I promise you, he will see me as a barrier that must be killed. If he does it i front of either Jikoku or Gundan, he loses them as his awns and risks being taken out by both of them. If you allow me to see your hero, I can, I promise you, bring him back to life!"

@ChimpMan @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @Kingmalikai @DemetrioMachete@Hanarei @Joonster

Users who are viewing this thread