Chapter 2: The Beauty in the Beasts

Checked already, did he? And.. the association already checked it out? This raised only one further question from Planeshifter.

"The black suits came back, right?"

Somewhere, he felt like unless an Association member was superpowered or otherwise a Hero, they'd get killed for investigating anything. 

As Star brought up the options for going in, Planeshifter was already against the idea of going in and splitting up.

"We could cover more ground, splitting up.. but I don't exactly have a map of this place. I risk getting lost. Besides that.. if we find any data, two minds are better for deciphering it, right?" with no further questions, Planeshifter began to head inside, his body free of nervousness.

@Colleen McJavabean

Shy One had kept quiet much of the trip being left more own to her thoughts. She had tried her best to keep a fake smile on as to not leave anyone worried although she mostly hid her face on the way keeping her head turned to look out away from the others. It wasn't that far out of her character by default (not that any of them knew her personally to really know it) often tending to be quiet unless spoken to or needing to act. She felt that much more urged as to try and restrain her abilities keeping it in her mind despite it being something she typically controlled without even needing to apply such thought to it, her powers very much only 'activating' when she made use of them herself... granted it was after that where not being careful could easily cause her abilities to go out of control. Her attempting to 'suppress' them was out of a sense of paranoia she faced. 

Ashley blinked having been in a bit of a daze as she heard Leo speak asking about their powers. A sense of unease filled her as she looked up, feeling uneasy in response to it. It always lead her mind to wander more into her past thinking about her abilities even if it was unintentional. She bit her bottom lip struggling to find a way to ease herself up and make a response before another voice picked up. It was that girl from before who had winked and blew a kiss to her. She felt some sense of relief hearing her briefly mention the origin of her abilities. Ashley was quick to pick up the tone in how she started it off. A bit of an uneasy looked filled her face, feeling as if there was more to it then what she said.

Her head turned towards Hitomi as she began to speak. She listened to her story inventively, only briefly pausing her glance letting out a rather cute sounding sneeze giving a light blush. It was almost as if she could hear herself being talked about behind her back in some perverse manor, although she possessed no such ability to do so. "Sorry..." She muttered under her breath as an apology for her sneeze though not speaking to loudly in fear of ruining her story. She couldn't help but feel bad for Hitomi, hearing her speak about the story almost 'disconnected' in her tone. She could tell it was something that upset her, something she tried to suppress as she become more light hearted in tone talking about her powers. She looked on only feeling the desire to want to support her though her shy nature and uncertainty if she might even want it would be helpful. 

She watched as Hitomi suddenly took a step away, offering to look on her own. Ashley stepped forward wanting to console her going against her initial hesitance only to pause and step back. No... I can't... I'm a monster compared to her... I wouldn't be any good. She stepped back turning her head away shamefully. Hitomi had been thrown into a terrible accident that wasn't her fault at all. It wasn't something she saw her needing to feel any guilt about or forcing herself to linger on in Shy One's eyes. She couldn't relate at all... what she had done wasn't even remotely as close to relate to. Her eyes lingered down frowning a bit. 

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Joonster @ChimpMan @Nenma Takashi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yukari made note of the others Firefly's story she looked down at the ground. 'You hear that Rin?' 'Yeah that sneeze was adorable.' Yukari let out a sigh not surprise her attention was on something completely different. 'No I'm talking about the story, she sounds like one of the kids from the lab.' 'Oh yeah she does not that you mention that.' The lab Yukari could remember the horror she felt when others began to get their powers, there were some who couldn't handle them and destroyed themselves. She heard her talk about how scary it was for her body to heat up to sneeze flames, and her arm light on fire. It made Yukari remember when the first blade shot from her body piercing on of the scientist that helped her mother the blade went cleanly through his shoulder. After that she noticed how they were careful to never get to close to her including her mother. 'Oi FFE chin up!' Yukari sighed once more kicking some pieces of what was once a chair away only for dust to shot up. She felt the dust go up her nose and bam she was Rin again. "Uh fucking dust everywhere." Rin said stepping away from the spot she turned to mouse girl and snapped her finger pointing at her. "Bless you by the way." Then she put her arm around the girl. "So cutie how'd you get your powers?"

@Kingmalikai @ChimpMan @Hanarei @DaniBot

Crash's response to Leo's question was silence. Almost everyone had gotten their powers in some tragic happening that, if told, was begging for pity and would bring a veil of depression over the team. He didn't want the pity and he was already in enough of a bad mood. Not only that but the people who gave Crash his powers wouldn't want him speaking about him anyway. He wanted to be rid of them, but they kept bothering him no matter what he did. He couldn't shake that damn debt. The Order of Black. Sounded like a name straight out of some lame fiction novel or overrated video game. Prior to the meeting, Crash remembered himself on the ground, hungry and having something of a panic attack. When he came to, he was in a bed in an abandoned house in the outskirts of the city, a piece of paper beside that told of his exact location. While he couldn't figure how he'd made it in the bed in the first place, he knew the Order of Black had something to do with it. It was a message. They were always watching him.

Crash activated his built-in tape recorder to record Hitomi's recollection of her past. Then he moved over to Leo, who was picking a locked door. "Wasting your time," Crash said, simply kicking the door open from the hinges. Though daylight, the room was dim due to its only sources of light being small windows and the absence of it's door. A network of pipes and ducts zigzagged across the large room, presenting what appeared to be a maze at first glance. Gone was the sound of hissing steam with the whirring and clanking machines jumping about. Black barrels lay at the floor either upright or knocked over, and Crash would have thought them empty if he didn't just see three mice scurrying out of them in a panic, likely frightened from the sound of the door crashing to the floor. He scowled. The place smelled like shit.

"Watch your step." He said right before stepping in a large pile of droppings, earning a squishing sound. Wiping his shoes on bare floor, he stomped off, his eyes searching. There was probably a map somewhere in the room.

@DaniBot@Kingmalikai@Nenma Takashi@Hanarei@ChimpMan@Colleen McJavabean

Ashley was focusing ahead watching as crash kicked the door down after Leo worked hard attempting to pick it. She blinked looking a bit uneasy, not liking the idea of breaking into the place so crudely. She much rather try and keep things intact over destroying property for the sake of getting in further if all possible. She was always rather scared about 'breaking the law', very much the 'goody two-shoes' type even to something most would consider trivial such as signs telling you to 'not step on the grass'. She did everything she could possibly do to follow the rules even if there was absolutely no chance of being caught nor any likihood anything bad might happen if she broken them.

She looked over to Rin watching her snap her fingers. She blinked a bit, taken back by a slightly delayed reaction to her sneeze. How she acted seemed strangely a little 'different' though she wasn't quite sure how. "Th... thank you." She spoke with a light smile. Her smile quickly shifted into a nervous look as her cheeks glowed red finding an arm slung around her shoulder. She was very much the type who tended to avoid contact with others. Having her arm around her left her cheeks turning bright red as an almost horrified look appeared on her cheek as if she had seen a ghost. She looked forward the embarrassment in some part aiding her distracting her from thinking too much.

"I... I...I... I.. was b... born w... with my p... powers.. as... f.... far as I n... know." She stammered out very embarrassed by having such a close proximity to someone, only furthered made 'worst' being called a cutie. The shy girl looked away as her heart raced from being in such close contact with someone as she felt a little antsy as if she had to escape and hide away. "I... I... I f... f.. forget wh... when.. m... maybe wh... when I was.. th... three or... f... four I... I... accide.... dently used m... my p... powers." She commented as her mind didn't have much of a chance to dive deeper into her thoughts kept completely embarrassed as Rin kept her arm around her.

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Joonster @ChimpMan @Nenma Takashi

Rin smiled at the mouse girl nodding her head a bit impressed. "So you're a natural no wonder you seem so impressive. You naturals always have this air of coolness. Unlike us awakened who always seem to-" 'Rin!' Rin shut up hearing Yukari yell for her to stop Rin let out a huff of air then smirked. "Never mind hey don't seem so tense. What do you say you pay little old me a visit after all this stuff dies down." She began walked almost dragging the girl along as she kept her arm around her. "Oh yeah I haven't asked your name. I'm Rin I mean uh Yukari my names Yukari." 'Nice save.' Yukari said sarcastically Rin simply restored back. 'Wasn't it." She looked at the girl again she began wondering what it was that kept drawing her to this girl. She was cute but so was Firefly yet Rin found herself going on this mission solely because this girl was. So what was it did she know this girl? No that's impossible Yukari didn't know her either so that couldn't be it. But that's when it hurt her she looked at the girl's nervous blushing face and her mind flashed back to the helpless crying girl, who had no friends whose own family looked at them like trash. The crying girl who did everything she could to not become a monster. This girl reminded her of Yukari before they escaped the lab she was just like the little girl that gave her life, Rin's purpose her reason for being was to protect that crying girl. Now that she saw another girl so similar to the Yukari from back then she couldn't help but be drawn to her. 'Guess I found my type.' 'Oh good so this is gonna be a thing from now on.' 

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Joonster @ChimpMan @Hanarei

He was right once again. Darn. "That's true." He replied to Planeshifter as he looked at the sky just over his shoulder. His gaze to the sky as clouds moved freely, uninterrupted. Star never thought he was powerful, skilled, smart, or a leader. In fact, he never thought himself the good guy who made all the correct, logical decisions, but he did what he could. That was what he learned from his mentor, Galactic Shield. "I wonder how he would have handled this situation? What would he say?" Star spoke under his breath as he looked to the clouds.

The image of Galactic Shield popped in his head with a large smile. "What makes someone a good hero is what they do and their true intentions. It's not a member of the association, it's anyone who does the right thing when others will not." Then came the memory of a day when he had been in a hard fight with a large, physically imposing and powerful monster. His suit in tatters while standing in ruble and dust in the cloudy day with light just barely seeping through the holes. "If you so much as gaze at them, I'll send you flying into the sun..." It was one of the rare moments he ever saw Shield with an irate look. And he knew, in that tone and look, Shield was dead serious. And with what he knew, he was sure he might actually be capable of doing it. Just the thought of someone with the heart of Galactic Shield threatening you with that just sent shivers down his spine. Yet he was still at a loss of how easily he had been killed.

He didn't ever want to be a well known hero, well he did, but what he wanted most of all was to be a symbol. To inspire others.

He walked in the lab and looked around. There were papers all over and computers scattered. "Maybe we can learn something from these." He said to really no particular person, but could be directed to Planeshifter. The screen appeared to already be on. As he walked, he noticed the sound of glass under his boots. He ignored the computer and investigated the pother rooms to the left, then took a right. Inside he came across the tanks once more. Three cylindrical tanks, shattered with liquid that had since dried up, yet stained the floor.

He touched the computer that seemed to be the central control for the tanks and tried to find something. It required a password. "Hey, Planeshifter, can you bypass passwords in computers in your ethereal state?"

@DemetrioMachete

Planeshifter briefly glanced over the papers.. he was looking for stuff like maybe.. A date log, or a report of some kind. Finding nothing of the sort, he sighed and moved on, following behind Star. 

The tanks in the other room caught his attention, first. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie. Creepy, he thought. Upon Star asking him to hack the computer, Planeshifter rubbed the back of his head.. how to put this...?

"It uh.. doesn't really work that way. When I possess software, it's kinda like I am part of that software, except conscious. Are you familiar with the term 'brute-forcing'? If you aren't it's essentially trying every single password combination possible until you run out of characters. I could do that, but depending on this computer's speed, it would take some time." without waiting for confirmation, Planeshifter turned ethereal and assumed control of the computer in question. As he said before, he started using every last password available to a keyboard. It would take about 1 second for the single unit passwords, then another second for the 2 unit passwords, adding on another second for every unit added. He wouldn't know how many characters the password had, but hopefully it would not take more than a minute.

@Colleen McJavabean

Boombox

Class B Hero

After having been easily dealt with by Jikoku, Boombox had been sent to the nearest safe hospital where he had laid and healed. It hadn't been that long. He lost consciousness from the lack of air, and the final kick did not help. Then there was the lose of blood, to boot. His eyes opened to see the white of the room surrounding him. His left shoulder was numb, but even though it was, he could feel the padding that covered his shoulder's wound. Was that because of the nerves closest to the wound that still functioned? Maybe the numbness was weak and only caused by medication.

He didn't notice it then, but the sounds of all the things around him remained silent. His headset lay on the table near him. How could that be? His hair was a mess, he was in a plane white tee-shirt and white cotton-linen shorts.

"Due to your report, we gave you a special earpiece that would work temporarily to silence the sound. It's based off the technology used in musical and recording studios," a masculine voice explained. "Hopefully it works well enough for your comfort, Mr. Bonetti."

Boombox look over. He was taken aback by his last name being used. "How long have I been in here for?"

"One day and four hours." The man was a large dark skinned man. Large arms and a bald head with super round eyes that seemed glassy. "The GSW, or gunshot wound, went all the way through and we were forced to give you a small blood transplant. Due to your cybernetics, it proved more arduous than hoped, but we managed. You should rest. We'll come back in to check on you. I just adjusted your levels." He saw the man had a clipboard and when he finished speaking, he looked over to see an IV bag.

The man walked out without saying anything else, leaving the young hero to lay in his bed. The white room would have been blinding if the windows were open for the natural light to enter. His fingers tapped his sheets as he slightly moved his head to a beat. "Bo bo ba bo bo bo ba." Musical notes started to come from his mouth as he stared out the window, even though the blinds obscured his vision of the outside.

"I heard you listen to music when you feel stressed. You must be feeling anxiety, is that correct, Aliois Bonetti?" This time the voice was soft and feminine. Boombox looked over to see a slender female with black leggings, long black and white stripe cotton shirt hanging past her waist and black heel riding boots. "It's Sunny. I'm with the Association... or, what's left of it at least. I heard about what happened." She began to walk over to him as she sat down on the side of the bed. Her smile felt warm to him.

He remembered her now. Why draw a blank at first? Everything felt fuzzy, but not long ago he felt cold. Was everything that happened just too much stress for him? "YEa, they said I was shot in the shoulder. It's all kind of fuzzy."

"You weren't hit in the head, just blood loss at worse. They think the shock might have something to do with it." She stopped as she noticed a strange color on his neck. She burst through his personal bubble and used her index finger to softly pull the top of his neckline on the shirt, down. A bruise from Jikoku's grab still remain on his neck. "Can you move?"

"Yes, my stomach just hurts really bad when I move around." He said smiling back at her.

"You're a brave kid, you know that?"

Boombox simply nodded back. Still playful as always. But then he felt the urge to ask a rather important question. "What will happen to the Association?"

Silence. Sunny's face looked grim when he asked.

Boobies. Boobies everywhere. EVERYWHERE! I'm dreaming aren't I? 

Yep.

Then the not so subtle rush of reality came back into the Chimp-Man's consciousness. 

"Hey kid, hey!" The old association pilot shook the monkey-man awake from his sleep. Dribbling slightly down himself, mumbling 'sexy' talk and snoring loudly was something the other heroes were not likely to forget about their trip over to city-5. The balding pilot came into Sarutobi's view and he recoiled instantly. Not to be offensive, but the guy was a much less prettier sight than the one he was dreaming about. 

"Oii!" Called out a voice behind the group entering the building. The Chimp-Man ran in a really exaggerated manner with his arms swinging in long arcs and legs taking overly long steps; his attempt at the 'superhero' run which actually made him look like a drugged up hobo (but don't tell him that). He caught up with the group and jumped gracefully as a ballerina through the powerplant doors. Mid-air, is bravado demeanor changed instantly, his face twisting in repulsion and disgust with the odor entering his nose and hitting him like a brick-wall. Then he landed... in a hot steamy pile of rat doodoo. Naturally he then slipped but recovered his fall in a press-up position and began doing press-ups in a desperate attempt to style it out and look super cool in front of everyone else. I traded boobie-palace-dream-land for this?! Oh sweet Jesus the smell is killing me. Wait... what's a Jesus?

"Well  whadda'ya' know Sparkles? You sure were right about this place. I mean, this place is sure to be the death of them pretty boys. No one could survive the smell of this shit for long." Chimp-Man began to wander futher through the maze. His voice echoing on the cold, steel walls of the long forgotten power plant. "So remind me, what are we looking for here?" 

Catching a glimpse of Yukari in the corner of his eye he scooted over to Crash in a subtle way which wasn't actually too subtle and began to whisper to the other hero. "Look dude, I'm just saiyan, but she's totally checking me out. Oh and where's 'Hot Stuff? (Hitomi)'" Said the Chimp-Man, quick to notice the slight absence of female presence within the group. 

@Nenma Takashi @Joonster @Kingmalikai @DaniBot 

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

Gundan approached the building where he saw the heroes enter not too long ago. Prior to arriving to the station, Gundan had looked up the schematics of the building. There were several other entrances, and considering the heroes had just entered the building, they couldn't have gotten too far. So he figured he could slip in through the back door without fear of detection. Once inside he found himself walking down a hall, surrounded by black walls. Thanks to his enhanced vision, he was able to see in the dark. His right hand darted out, energy threads latching onto three mice. He squatted down next to them as he willed them to scurry over to him. He would use them to scout the building and keep an eye on the heroes.

Gundan disliked using living beings for his personal gain. Though difficult, he was able to push those feelings to the side in order to do what was best for the mission. But what he found more distasteful was getting living beings killed as he manipulated them. He thought it similar to killing them. Making others do your bidding was selfish and sometimes cowardly. Gundan always felt safe scouting as he used his powers to manipulate a nearby being, and he always felt guilty because with one wrong move he could send them to their grave. He sighed.

As he sent the mice forth, he grew thoughtful for a moment. The three mice, along with the eerie atmosphere, reminded him of his brothers and his awakening. His mind trailed off...

===================

“How are their vitals?”

“Good, Dr. Nodachi.”

“Perfect. Keep them stabilized. We can not afford to lose them.” 

Voices spoke while we had sat dormant in our artificial wombs. Needles poked our skin through high-tech machinery day and night. I know they meant well, but it came with deep pain that subsided with every week. They spoke about us as if we never could hear. 

Father would tell us the stories of the world outside and our purpose. The reason we were created and how much he loved us. I’d like to believe this, more so because it’s all I have. I can’t say the same for my brothers. Especially Samuke who seems to hold no care for anyone other than rational choice and Jikoku who seems like he is emotionally broken down to the core of his heart. Truly hurting deep down. 

I’ve always felt different than my brothers. We were made to be different than humans, but I seemed to stand out with even my own kind. Samuke, the rationalist of us never seemed to show any type of emotion. No stress, anger, surprise, envy. He didn’t care about beliefs for as long as I’ve known him. His take on events were purely the facts, and cold details. 

Jikoku was my irrational brother. I say that lightly as he is very smart himself, just not like Samuke. I like to believe that while he is uncaring for others and maybe abusive both verbally and physically, he cares for us. He and I are the ones who display emotion more than Samuke, but Jikoku displays them in the wrong ways and usually the bad ones. He gets angry, he cares little for others and their wellbeing. He’s brash, abrasive, temperamental, eager to fight. It’s hard to get anything from him other than his built up rage. Even about Father, who he seems to show much disdain for emotionally. Like a child angry at a friend for not playing with him.

We were told that our purpose was to one day save the world and rein in a new age. We were humans, yet at the same time we were not. We were not robots, but we were. I still ponder what we actually are. Never fitting in with anything and a species of our own. We look like humans, but we function differently. We’re smarter, faster, stronger. We process information at speeds like a computer, but we’re biological and have feelings, even if we don’t show it or people think we’re monsters, like some of the other members who worked with Father. They called him “Doctor” or “Dr. Nodachi”, so maybe he worked in a hospital and knew a lot about how we worked. Maybe that was why he loved us like others did not.

“You boys don’t know it. You’re eyes are not yet open, but your minds are listening, deep down. You’ll remember this one day I hope. The world is a dark place that seems to care little for you every day. They don’t know you yet, but they won't accept you at first. In fact, they hate each other and fight over who gets what money and other trivial matters. Maybe you can help them with that someday.” He paused. “No matter what happens, I’ll still love you three. You’re my pride and joy. When this is all done, we can do great things together. You’re only at the human age of 7, but you’ll be released soon once we know you're able to survive the pathogens with a proper immune system. Then we can show you the world. The green grass and the warm sun. The taste of ice cream and the wonders of City-22’s scientific innovation. Maybe a movie or toys. You’re all three different, yet the same. Regardless what happens in the world, you’ll always have each others.” 

He spoke to us that day as if listing the things that would fit to each one of us. But that was the last we ever heard from Fathers soft and comforting voice. Everything went dark. Both our consciousness and the lab. We only have a few glimpses of what it looked like. The tubs kept us alive while they  finished making us better. When they did, everything faded to black. Everything became cold, scary, and silent… How I miss Father.

Roughly 10 Years Later

The room sat as it did when it was long abandoned. The dust collected on the archaic consoles. Papers spread across the floor and not a single living thing seemed to remain save for the three tubes in the room. Side-by-side they stood, cylindrical tankers filled with a sky-blue liquid of sorts. Their glow dimmed to near nothing. The glass was a darkened bright green color covered in dust. Only the vague shadows of the bodies inside could be made out. In the center was Jikoku and Samuke on one end with Gundan on the end. 

A small bird had managed to find its way inside somehow and flew to a nearby console, tilting its head as it looked around the room, contemplating its surroundings. Then a slight tremor shook the lab, creating a cloud of dust. The computer's shot on relaying the events of City-5. 

Not just the sound of old computers starting up with the magnetic disk of the floppy disk's rapidly moving and transferring data from point to point. The lights dimmed and some turned on, others didn’t, a few shattered. The tubs the bio-robotic boys sat in began to light up. The sound of bubbles from the breathing were louder than the antiquities of the computer insides.

The center one began to show a figure more clearly as the eyes opened. “Activating Subject T, experiment #6763: Jikoku. Starting reawakening process. Please standby.” A computer spoke as the insides began to drain. A vacuum sound followed with the draining as wires stuck to Jikoku’s body. His blonde lengthy hair dripped with the wet liquids. His feet dangled until the machine lowered him down slowly. His hands began to move as they grabbed the cords and ripped them apart, not waiting for the machine to let him out. 

He slammed his hands on the tub glass, holding himself up as he punch it once. It vibrated. He punched again. The vibration was louder and stronger. He punched once more, a crack appeared. He punched again, it grew. He rocked back and slammed forward with his fist as it shattered and the remaining liquids, which was minute, splattered on the ground. He fall onto all fours as he panted. The bird flapped away to the computers in the distance and away from the moving body that appeared from the glass tube.

“Subject T has been released. Health stabilized. Subjects M and J vitals showing. Reading… Analyzing. Subjects M and J are stabilized. Beginning reawakening. Please stand by.”

Jikoku stood up, his body naked yet smooth and fresh. Never truly having seen the rough world and was without markings of it. No scars, skin perfectly soft. Youthful. The perfect human male. His yellow eyes looked tired as they looked at the ground. When the computer mentioned his brothers, he looked up as he stood. Looking around at the empty lap.

He walked over to a nearby room and came out as the liquids began to drain in the other tubes. He now wore a set of clothing. Black tank top, athletic shorts and a towel in hand where he had tried to dry his hair. He stood calmly as the tubes drained. He walked over and shattered both tubes, forcing his brothers out.

Samuke fell to his hands and knees before looking around calmly. Gundan did a more dramatic fall. Coughing and trying to catch his brother. “W.. What’s happening?” He asked.

“We’re awake.” Jikoku replied. “Get dressed.”

“Subjects T, M, and J, you have been awaken by the system because of a terrible event in one of the cities.” The computer began to explain. 

"Where's father?" Gundan asked hastily, liquid dripping from his hair.

“No one seems to be here, Gundan.” Samuke answered as he stood up wiping the liquids from his face as he walked around looking for cloths. The glass they all walked on with no shoes seemed to be like walking on grass. “The real question is what happened. It appears as if no one has been here in some time.” Samuke’s soft voice casually pointed out. His eyes scanning for information on what had all happened.

Jikoku scoffed at that whilst stretching his thin, but lean arms. “Who gives a damn? We don’t need them anyways.”

Samuke walked over to a few papers on the ground and picked them up and scanned the contents of them. There were a plethora of medical terminology. Most of which were directed to the three brothers. Things like “stasis” or “unrecognized” were used in describing the three. 

He lowered his soft pale hands and began to walk into another room. He quickly changed into a gray buttoned shirt and white tight pants while he read. He looked through the bookshelf where he could only assume was his father's office. Books pertaining to the anatomy of humans, the genetic and how DNA worked, the processes of neurology. The mind of a normal thinking teen or adult and cognitive dissonance. 

So many thing lay here that could be used. So much information. Everything that the researchers could use or have used, including, but not limited to their own. Samuke already knew what he wanted to do. These bodies, they were expendable. Eventually he came out to greet his brothers. One hand in his pockets with his arm holding the books tightly against his side. His eyes cold and void of a soul. "If you two are ready, let's go."

====================

Gundan was brought back to his senses as he heard the faint sound of voices. He moved, letting the mice scout ahead for him so he knew where to go. His energy threads worked flexibly, stretching around pipes to stay undetected as the mice moved across the floors and down stairs swiftly. Gundan watched from the ceiling, standing on the beams with perfect balance as he watched the heroes in darkness, letting the mice be his eyes in places he couldn't see. His eyes fell on Firefly, who had distanced herself from the group. In fact, the group had split up without having known it. Gundan had information on all of these heroes. His mind began to dive into the cunning part again. The part he disliked using but found it amusing. Maybe because he liked stimulating his brain.

The Suited Savior was handled without effort before, he could be handled without effort again. Chimpman could be swayed by simply utilizing the placement of the women in the room. Shy One and Blade Queen were distracted by each other. Firefly was alone. Leo was someone that Gundan would have to watch out for, but could possibly be put at mercy with the display of a hostage. And so his blue eyes fell back on Firefly. Gundan moved through the darkness.

@ChimpMan @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Colleen McJavabean @Hanarei @Kingmalikai

Leo listened to the heroes talk behind him as he worked on fixing with the lock, Damn this door has a complicated locking system.  As Leo continued to work he paid attention to certain passing conversation, So Yukari got them hereditary then?  Or maybe not... from the sound of that voice there's definitely a story behind that.  I might have to ask her about it after the mission, I know just as well as anybody else how your powers can ruin something...  A little too well.  Leo frowned, his smile having fully disappeared for a second before he gave a smirk to cover it up from anybody watching him too carefully.  As Hitomi spoke Leo's heart went out to her.  Especially so considering the similar situation her accident was sounding to his.  Though with his it was a man-made error that could have been avoided, and hers was... truly an accident.  As Hitomi finally finished Leo turned his head to face her, because he had had enough of not speaking, of not comforting her in some way, "Hitomi-"  She had already walked away.  Leo turned his head again and his smile disappeared.  Though there was no frown... only the neutral face from somebody who still wished he could get closer to somebody.  Leo sighed as he once again began working on the lock.

Leo didn't hear what Ashley said, but he did hear as Yukari went over to her.  Sighing angrily he glared at the door in front of him, OH COME ON!  WHY CAN'T I OPEN THE DAMN ELECTRIC DOOR!?  Leo let out a long breath, but then his eyes went slightly wide, Wait a second... I could just-  Leo was cut off from his thoughts as the door in front of him was suddenly kicked open.  The door clashed against the floor of the building, and Leo jumped backwards, startled by the sudden violent reaction.  Leo looked at Crash with a slightly annoyed face, then he took a deep breath and let it become a smile as he stood up and entered the building.  Leo entered far enough that he couldn't hear the conversation between Yukari and Ashley, well, he might be able to hear them, but his attention was focused on looking around the dark room.  

As Chimp-Man entered the building he loudly proclaimed his existence to the room... Wow did I really just think that?  When did I become so mean?  Shaking his head clear of the thought Leo chuckled slightly and allowed himself to smirk over at Chimp-Man, "We're looking for the Power Plant mainframe in this building.  It will allow us to see the various different statistics on how the power plant is faring right now.  Give us a good idea of what we're working with before we actually work on it."

Leo began to let his hand glide across some of the pipes of the building, all the while making sure that he stepped around the rats.  As his hand brushed against the largest pipe to the right he felt a slight jolt come from inside, There's power here!  It's not entirely dead!  THERE'S AN ACTUAL TRAIL  Smiling, Leo turned to give the news to Chimp-Man and Crash,(Completely ignoring how the City-5 Power Plant workers had never bothered to fix the fact that one of the pipes is letting electricity seep in) but before he could Chimp-Man brought up how Hitomi had wandered off.  Remembering that Hitomi had wandered off due to her story Leo sighed again, "She wandered off.  I'm not entirely sure where, but I'll go look in a minute.  However, I did find something interesting.  There's a power signal coming from the trail of this large pipe right here.  Which means that not only is there still some power, the mainframe is also still up.  We'll actually be able to set this up quite eas-"  It was right then that he felt the very aware presence of something.  It was not human, and it was definitely not a mouse.  Leo's brain signals fired off at once, and it took all of his willpower to calm himself before he turned around and began heading for the entrance.  He did turn once again to speak to Chimp-Man and Crash, "I'm going to go find Hitomi.  You two, and,"  He looked over at Yukari and Ashley, "You two, follow that Giant pipe that's heading down the hallway.  That's where you'll find the mainframe.  I will catch up with you in a few minutes," Just as Leo turned around and was about to head out again he stopped himself and looked over his shoulder to say one last sentence, "And don't split up."  With that, Leo exited the building and ran towards the building that Hitomi had said she was going to be in.

Ashley stared at Yukari keeping a light smile on her lips. She seemed to admire the fact she was born naturally with her powers, something that left her a bit surprised and at the same time ate her up inside. She kept up appearances naturally still having her red cheeks. To her, being a natural was a curse. It wasn't something she wanted. It was because of it that 'it' happened. Her own body shivered even vaguely touching upon it as she kept her eyes down as her 'praise' only furthered to increase her own shame being looked upon in such a way. She shook her head a little hearing her mentioning to 'pay a visit'. She blinked tilting her head to the side being perplexed by what she meant only to be tugged along letting her gasp out as she was pulled by her, her feat practically dragged against the floor as she was pulled with her a look of distress filling her face as if asking to be 'saved'.

She blinked looking over as her face grew calm once again as she asked her name. She looked a bit puzzled hearing her say her name... particularly given she mentioned not one but two names having 'fixed' it. Was that her super hero name? She could of swore her name was "Blade Queen" though. Perhaps it was just a simple slip of the tongue, she did seem in general to be all over the place so quick to jump in to say something else. She could of swore she must be having inner dialogs with herself how quick and varied what she said could be.

"Ah... I um... my real name? It's Ashley..." She spoke out a little hesitant though figuring she wanted to hear her first name. She wasn't usually the type that liked burting out her hero name even... being as shy as she was. She wasn't really the type of hero seeking fame... although she knew it was part of the job much to her often embarrassment. It wasn't hard to tell being with someone keeping so close to her was a very flustering thing for Ashley who in part wanted to run and hide away from such an embarrassing thing, though she was far to nice to do so. She didn't want to be rude at all, it wasn't as if she disliked the girl just she was a bit embarrassed by her behavior towards her.

Shy One glanced up looking briefly at the hero Chimp-man, blinking a bit as his voice echoed through the place making out what he was saying in some part though not quite fully piecing things together. It was then she shifted her attention to Leo as he spoke. She looked at him as he pointed towards her with her eyes, the words 'you two' ringing in her head. "Ah... b.. b.... b.. but.." She muttered her voice very feint half expecting she might be able to escape from Yokari's clutches to get a little break from the embarrassment she was indirectly causing.

@Nenma Takashi @ChimpMan @Kingmalikai @Joonster

As she roamed the building, Firefly couldn't help but to be distracted. She knew she made a very reckless move splitting from the group. but she just had to be on her own for a bit. Maybe she should have just stopped talking. Maybe she should have just said it was an accident. Maybe she should have, but it would have stayed buried inside for who knows how long. Now the only thing bothering her was walking away when it looked like she had a couple of people who wanted to support her. "Sorry Leo...Shy One..." She whispered an apology to the dimly lit building. She knew that she owed them a proper face to face apology, but she felt a little better now. She stretched and held her arms up. "Alright Firefly. Enough moping. Time to shed a little light on the situation," She smiled at her cleverly made pun and snapped her finger, causing a small light of fire to emit from it. 

The building that she had chose to explore looked like it was one of the buildings that didn't take that much damage. Albeit there were papers sprawled everywhere, but at least she didn't have to worry about a part of the building falling on her. Picking up a couple of papers, she skimmed through them looking for information. Sadly, the papers were a report from one of the former employees to what Hitomi assumed to be one the the higher ups. The report went on to say that the power input was flowing smoothly. Her eyes widened at the amount of power was recorded. In all honesty, the number really shouldn't have surprised her. City-5 was the city that never slept so it came to no surprise that it would require a lot of power to maintain it. If there was still any juice left in the facility, Hitomi wondered how much there was. She couldn't help to become worried, hoping that Leo wouldn't overload himself. "Well this could prove to be useful. Not sure how much but it's something..." She muttered to herself as she put out the small flame atop her finger. 

Right after she folded the paper and placed it away, Hitomi felt a chill run up her spine making her shiver. Since the heroes arrived, there seemed to be an eerie feeling looming in the air. Hitomi had been able to endurance the feeling, writing it off to general paranoia but now, it felt more apparent. Like someone was there with her right now. The feeling made Firefly realize how reckless her actions were straying off from the group like that. "H..Hello.." She called out as she looked around summoning another small flame to her finger. It wasn't smart to call out to an unknown source, but it helped eased some of her paranoia. "Maybe if I talk to myself more, I'll feel a bit better. Besides, it's time I meet back up with the others.." She muttered out loud beginning to make her way to the entrance. 

@DemetrioMachete

Star stood by as Planeshifter began to work, explaining the arduousness of cracking it. In doing so, the code would be a five digit code. Inside Planeshifter would find, only at the surface, names like Dr. Nodachi, a highly credited and awarded Biogeneticist who has been a founder in biogenetic engineering. Files of experimentation, splicing, recovering samples from battles with mysterious beings after heroes have left.

Author(s): K. Nodachi, Ph.D; C. Frendichi, Ph.D; S. Tsukuyomi, Ph.D

Contemporary Anthro & Monster Splicing Research Results & Review (Open Letter on thoughts)

(Much of the information has been removed and nearly impossible to read. It was clearly scanned into the system after having been written. The remains that can be read speak of splicing organic and non-organic tissue and the start of abiogenesis creation. More than 40 years of research in life creation and tampering with living organic tissue, experimentation, hero research, and connections to the Hero Association, even from those involved in the creation long before the Association formally was made.

Despite the missing information, there is an attached letter that is personalized by one of the lead researchers giving his thoughts, more in the form of a diary.)

Dr. Nodachi; In light of all the magnificent achievements we have unveiled in our extraordinary laborious endeavor, we have come to a revaluation unlike the scientific community has ever known in the progress of human evolution. For some time, we've studies how some humans have unique powers and what kick-starts it. However, this has yet to truly be understood. That is until now. (Information on how was removed in black) Despite such important knowledge of the origin, we've studied even the Mysterious Beings and began to splice. Everything turned out to be a failure, some locked away unable to be killed at the moment... It's... revolting what happened. Yes, we press on. We have future plans for genetic research which, with new technology, should be recorded via cameras than through notes.

There was a recording that showed an aged man, salt and pepper hair with tired eyes and a white lab coat. His face resting in one hand as if trying to not fall asleep, but finding it too hard to stay awake.

"We've... We've learned too much. The patrons of our lab are starting a group for heroes. Vigilantes like Galactic Shield, Scorpio, Masked-Hatter, all seem to be candidates, but this just wont do!" He seemed to shake his head in a stressful manner.

"Findings have slowly waned. But, I have an idea. Tsukuyomi highly dislikes it, but he would go along with it if it was for the better. He thinks I'm "playing God". Fool! He has no idea what good can come from this... We need this. These heroes... They have no constraint. These monsters keep coming. What if something else appears? Something from space? Another dimension? No, we need something created. Not a compeer, they have too many flaws with electromagnetic pulses and hardwired manipulation. My idea is a biological computer. Works and functions how you program it, yet it is alive. I call this new field biorobotics.

"Many will not understand, thinking a biological... an organic living creature can be a "robot", but it can. Remove the will that gives it freedom. Genetically modify it to be as you wish, and it;s the same. I have a few designs. The first would be a test, and if all works out, it could be the next super soldier program. Thousands of them roaming the streets, protecting the people. No living or non-living entity could harm anyone while they roam. They would have the strength of a God!" The man looked into the camera lens. It cut out and ended only to turn back on, showing more time has passed. Behind him was three tubes. The liquid inside was a sky-blue color. Each one had something inside, floating.

"It has worked. So far the progress appears successful. There are no signs of any problems, neurologically or physically. We used mixed splices and genetic engineering of the best known humans and mysterious beings we've ever seen. One should be the super soldier I've spoken about so many times... The other would be the genius and master tactician. However... The third shows neurological signals unlike the others and it's much harder to predict. He almost seems... human, like us. The coding must have failed, but maybe this can be a good thing. A moral anchor? I'll have to see as they develop. Their purpose will be simple, they..."

The feed cut and went blank.

@DemetrioMachete

Rin smiled widely as she was informed her and Ashley would be moving together. "Right you heard the man Ash let's go!" Rin then began dragging Ashley along down the path with a giant pipe. As she dragged her along Yukari after a bit of silence spoke up. 'You're too close give her some space.' 'Huh? Well well when did you become a lady killer?' 'I didn't unlike I just get how she feels.' Rin unwrapped her arm from around Ashley and let her walk on her own. "Sorry if that was bugging ya, as you can see I can be a bit....-" 'Stupid.' "Stupid. No wait I meant I can be strange yeah that's the word." 'Three nice saves in one day you're on a roll.' 'I know right!' 

Rin looked around the pathway for a bit the long hallway sorta reminded her of the lab halls, always so dark and empty. "Place sure looks like crap." She looked at Ashley asking. "Hey you know what we're supposed to like ya know do with the mainframe. Maybe he said it or something I don't know I wasn't really paying attention to much of the meeting. It was a lot of blah blah blah pretty boy baddies blah blah blah pretty boy demon blah blah gay undertones blah blah blah plan blah blah plan blah blah go to power plant blah blah and here we are." 'Truly the world is safe in your hands.' 'You're just in the sourest of moods today, you'd think someone was ruining your social image of being that, wooden plank that moves and talks sometimes.' 

@Hanarei

Samuke

'Subject M.'

Hours had passed. He had not been here in some time. The only sounds that remained were his own breathing, which in itself was silent, the sound of glass and shells of metallic bullets on the ground cracking or bending with every step, and the smooth running of his hands gliding over the tabletop and keyboards. He had returned to the home of his birth; his creation. He had to. There was something missing. Something Dr. Nodachi left out that usurped even his ability to find. No, not for long. Given his determination, he'd figure it out. Not a single living being, even those close to him and their duplicity could stop him. Of course not, he'd already knew they had thoughts of it and planned it. 

One thing people never learned is how aware Samuke was. Did they think they could try to betray and manipulate him? What uncanny idea sprouted to life in their heads? Oh no, he'd let them water that idea until it nearly bloomed at which he'd grab it by the base and pull it out of the ground, roots and all and toss it in the fire. He knew the whole time. His mind never straying from Jikoku once, or Gundan. If he had too, he'd kill them. Not even they could get in his way. No, he knew the truth. He saw the bigger picture. 

There it was. Talking. Someone was here. Did he return? The hero of plasma, Star? But who would he bring with him? It could be a close range fighter that could combat him in some a small area as the lab. That would seem like the smart idea. With only Jikoku truly displaying his fighting ability, his true powers remained shrouded. Maybe it was Crunch who could tank his attacks? Surely his senses would be of use. Chimp-Man? His agility would prove skillful in a fight. Dexterity, too. Maybe Planeshifter? He could get back at Samuke from shattering his possessed form. He would be the more difficult to deal with. You had to fight something that could be ethereal. However, even he had limits that Samuke wasn't going to be ignorant of. If he was, that would end real fast.

"Hmm?" Despite the sound of nearby heroes, Samuke did take note of something on the screen. Another subject. A few projects. One similar to what he was currently working on, only Samuke's was more advanced. The other was another genetic creation, but fully comprised of newly gathered organic tissue and compiled by the computer instead of human mind. This computer was to originally create an army. He was working on something similar, but they resembled something more out of a bad movie with killer robots having a hive-mind. They would be like the brothers but less emotion and less rational and independent thought.

To think back, he knew how to make Jikoku better. He'd transfer his consciousness to a new body that was built of a starkly wrought metal that could help absorb damage and mitigate the heat problem of his muscles while making his new muscles of super-nano-tech. This would also allow for a self-heal factor added, which would be nice. Jikoku's recovery was entirely based on average human regrowth and the aid of Samuke's medical knowledge. Jikoku would be arguably more machine than organic tissue. Did it really matter at this point? If he went that far, he'd force Jikoku to follow his commands a little more. At least his emotions and irrational behavior could be contained. But this was all a digressional thought. "Maybe if I change the codes, I could alter the commands and logic of the computer formulating its arguments to my command. This might help me more than the Doctor." 

Typing away, he initiated a self-deletion code that would wipe all documents in a specific time frame. For now, since he finished his coding alteration, he had to hide away from the sight of the heroes. Better to watch and see what they do. Maybe he could understand what they wanted. What drove them? Why do they fight? They were such odd creatures, yet he felt intrigued by them. Maybe he was wrong. Perhaps they were truly ignorant of their place in the world. They were tools being used unaware of it all. Maybe this was their purpose in life, to change the heroes? No... They were created to do what the heroes and the Hero Association stole, pridefully and unaware of their place.

The two heroes appeared in the lab. "I didn't think of that," he heard. It was Nagoya and Siegfried Yonlenstaufel. This would prove an intriguer experiment. Of the heroes, Siegfried proved to be the most troubling to figure out. His ethereal form was arguably the most challenging thing to overcome. He knew how to stop it if he took the form of something, but what if he was not in an object, just floating? No scientific papers helped explain it from what he read. Anything else was supernatural jargon backed by no evidence. He had a few ideas, but that needed to be tested. He only had hypotheses.

"Killed, resurrected by his own means...? Even if he was unaware, does this mean he had some underlining ability unbeknownst to him prior to his original death? I haven't seen any papers on such an ability... Why?" He whispered to himself.

@DemetrioMachete

Siegfried not only displayed the data while possessing the computer, he was taking it in, too. He recalled earlier, when he made the hypothesis that the bishonen boyband was "biomechanical", what he read seemed to fit the bill for that. He removed himself from the computer, taking a deep breath .

"Okay.. that checks out. They're biomechanical."  he looked to Star, wondering how to interpret his own hypothesis.

"You watch any anime? Read any manga? Any sort of sci-fi fiction at all? Biomechanical things can be destroyed like any other being.. you just gotta mess 'em up harder. Does that make sense, Nagoya?" the Plasma hero would see a faint smile on Siegfried's face.

"Makes me kinda happy and hopeful to think that, y'know? Those baby faced bastards are vulnerable. Even if they got the skinny on our abilities, tactics and strategy can always change. I'm already getting ideas..."  he began to walk out of the lab, when he halted just before he went out the door.

"Especially ideas on how to annoy them. How to invoke fear, rage, maybe even... subordinance. All I would need in preparation, is more electromagnetic energy. I feed on it, and in return, it empowers my ethereal form to perform even greater feats." Before Kyon, Planeshifter could only possess objects of a certain size and weight. He empowered himself some time after, and his ethereal body could move faster, and possess larger things, up to buildings in size. He could only tremble with enthusiasm, imagining what ability awaited him with his next feeding.

@Colleen McJavabean

Nagoya

'Star'

latest

Biomechanical? That was a new term for Nagoya. "No. Never seen any anime or manga. What exactly is a biomechanical? How do you fight them? This is all new to me," said Nagoya. He saw Planeshifter walk towards the exit, but Nagoya wanted to take another look. There had to be a book or something tangible they could bring back with them. He turned the corner in to a dark room with only the light of the cyan colored screens that were on. "Planeshifter, did you at least get any names? Anything on any physical evidence we can take with us?!" He shouted towards the hero in the other room. But he didn't hear the door closing due to his bellow to Planeshifter.

Samuke

'Subject M.'

So, there was something about his transcendental form. Nagoya walked into another room as Samuke locked the door, letting it slam shut and walked towards the computer Planeshifter just used and typed in the final keys to cause it to delete the files. He should have done that earlier... No matter, the ghostly hero was before him.

"So, you both came here seeking answers. Did you find what you were looking for, hero?" Samuke asked. His three piece suit on, white hair causally moved by the weak wind and his cold dead eyes looking at Planeshifter.

@DemetrioMachete

Ashley was practically dragged along, keeping a bit timid as she went with the girl. She reminded her in ways of her one friend Grace back during her time in middle school. Her old friend use to be with before she moved away, always attempting to get her to do things and nudge her around. Perhaps less so the 'flirty' kind of behavior... or at least she assumed blowing a kiss and all would be part of that. She was typically quick to hide away before any guys really got the chance to talk with her. It did give her a sense of nostalgia for her friend she hadn't heard from in years... granted it was accompanied by an extra sense of weirdness.

She felt her grip weak, looking shyly up as a sense of relief filled her. Her body felt as if it wanted to quickly shuffle away to hide, though she quickly fought the urge. "Ah... n... no I.. I wasn't t... trying to say you were stupid or... or strange or.. an... anything..." She spoke waving her hands as if in some way perhaps her actions might of lead her to thinking such a thing, a sense of guilt noticeable on her face. It wasn't hard to see she didn't like the idea of hurting someone's feelings no matter how embarrassed she could be by it. She had a habit of putting blame on herself for things she wasn't responsible for so long as she could put even the faintest cause of it on what she did.

She looked around walking with her biting her bottom lip. She wasn't fond of such 'course' language though she didn't say anything. It didn't help perhaps being a goody two-shoes who lived with her grandmother. Even saying something as trivial as 'Darn' could get her a harsh scolding for not being 'lady like' with her tongue. She looked a little puzzled at first turning to guilt. She hadn't done a good job of listening either. She shook her head as a sense of panic filled her. Oh no... what are we suppose to do? She shook her head a bit taking in a deep breath to calm herself down.

"I... uh... um... I... I think j... just ch... check it out... maybe get it working?" She spoke as she became that much more guilt ridden. She had been so good always trying to pay attention, yet she had allowed what they were suppose to do slip from her mind. Even if she was left 'shaken', it didn't excuse her not paying attention. It was something she had followed all her life and yet when something vastly important called for it she hadn't done it. 

@Nenma Takashi

Siegfried's eyes raised in alarm, but the rest of his body remained calm. This voice... it caused him to turn around. He glared into Samuke with indifferent eyes, the realization hitting him.

"Aren't you the one who shattered my lucky knife?" he asked him calmly, placing his hands into his coat pockets. 

"Not like it matters.. kitchen knives are easily replaceable. And, with enough money, so are sophisticated machines." he looked Samuke up and down, seeming to scoff in disgust.

"Now that I see you up close with my senses calm... good lord, man. You're even more girly looking than that blonde boygirl. Is that hair dye? Is that.. *sniff* body oil!?" he just made that last one up, but he truly wished to get on this guy's nerves. "Our Death my ass. You and your lot belong in a damn strip club."  with his calm expression giving way to mild irritation, he spit on the ground at Samuke's feet.

"Yeah.. I found what I was looking for. Got all of your precious database in my head, now. You and your boyfriends are biological machines, composed of genes spliced from humans and mysterious beings." he pointed a finger at Samuke, that irritation fading and giving way to confidence. "To me, all that says is that you are ever so very killable. And what an unwise move you've made: approaching alone, not knowing what I'm carrying on my person or how much my ability has evolved." his teeth flashed in a small grin. Do something. Anything.

@Colleen McJavabean

Rin snickered looking away from the girl as she tried to apologize for absolutely nothing. Eventually it was too much and she bursted into full on laughter holding her stomach as she did. "Stop you're killin me oh god it's too much!" Rin wiped away a tear from her eye and pointed at Ashley. "Ya know you seem like the kind of gal who'd hold a funeral for a fly she swatted once." Rin looked back to the mainframe walking over she stared at it. "Mmmhm uh huh oh! I see of course! Yep I've settled it!" Rin turned to Ashley. "I have no idea what I'm doing!"  'Amazing truly amazing.' 'Oh and you could do better?' '....yes.' Rin sighed. 'Fine then go for it.' The two swapped out Rin giving control back to Yukari who turned back to the mainframe. "Actually nevermind I got an idea. Just give me a second to figure this thing out." Yukari checked to see if the mainframe had power finding it lacked a bit of it. "Hmm excuse me Ms.Ashley do you see a generator by you or anything? Maybe even just the circuit breaker?"

@Hanarei

Samuke didn't need to answer as Siegfried tried to sound witty and skilled at irritating people. However, he did it to the wrong brother. "Are you quite done? You think you know anything on my or my brothers, but you only have just scratched the surface. True..." he waled towards the wall and smoothly ran his hand across the hard surface, "you know about our creation and maybe why, but you don't know anything else." He looked slowly towards Siegfried. "You can drop your pathetic attempt of a bravado, it isn't working nor will it. If I wanted to kill you, I would have already done it. The fact you still stand," he turned his body to him completely and took a few steps closer. He wasn't taller than Siegfried, but that didn't matter as, with one hand in his pocket, pointed his free hand towards Siegfried's chest. "Is self evidence I have a reason to speak to you."

Maybe it was nothing, but there seemed to be a chill that surrounded the man. Almost as if it snowed. "Why do you try so hard to plan an attack on my brothers and I? More specifically me? You act like you wish to bring me down. To be this false idea of a hero? How exactly am I the villain here? Are you so blind by the false promises and fairy tales the Association spoon fed you that you fail to actually see who is a villain and who isn't" Samuke slightly motioned his head to the door that lead to where Nagoya was, last seen looking for hard evidence. "One of us is a killer."

===========

Nagoya sat up as he looked around. Then he saw it, the door was shut. "That's strange." He walked over and tried to open it, but it was locked. Why? He didn't close it.

One of the screen turned on to something different. It caught his eyes and he walked over, looking down, he saw it was a camera of something.

@DemetrioMachete

Was this guy... serious? Was he trying to make himself out to be the good guy? No no no. Siegfried would not be having any of that soufflé.

"You get into religion, at all?"  he asked him, glaring down at his slighter shortness with impunity. "One of the most common themes a faith teaches you is to not kill people. You and your boyband raided a festival, and made lots of things explode. People were trapped under the rubble, they would have been quite dead had the Heroes not been there with the rescue effort. Whether you want to admit it or not, you are the bad guy, because you were out destroying with the intent to kill." Twas the facts as Planeshifter saw them. "That has nothing to do with the Association. They just hand me my paycheck for making sure innocent lives are spared from monsters, criminals, and misguided extremists like you."

Oooh, and here came the threats of his own death. Now he was dipping into territory Planeshifter already explored. 

"Tell me. What do you think it would accomplish to kill me? Recall that I have a ghostly form of which I have free control? Whose to say if I die again, I could just look for another freshly dead body, and you wouldn't know it was me until you had a knife in your spine." he didn't actually know if that was how it worked, but he wanted to fill Samuke's head with the idea that he could never truly be killed.

"You done spitting angst and lip glitter at me?" 

It just now dawned on him that Star was not present. He gave Samuke an expression as though he were an exasperated parent, that just lost his child at the mall. "Pardon me, I have to look for the one person in this lab that doesn't make me want to spit on them." with that, he excused himself, turning ethereal as he waved Samuke good-bye. He floated past him, looking around for any other entryways in the room. There was the way he intended to go, and then there was the door that slammed shut earlier. He'd check that room first.

@Colleen McJavabean

Samuke

'Subject M.'

Just as he thought. "You and the rest of your kind are so stupid... Stupid and thickheaded. That's where you're wrong. I didn't kill anyone, my brother did. I simply didn't stop him, because I can't specifically stop him. He's not easy to control, but I sent my other brother out to get him. Did you learn nothing from his attack with the heroes and dragon-Lord? The only one who killed anyone was his uncontrollable lust for fighting. Tell me, how it is more honorable to kill a monster or a demon, but it's not when it's a human, even if they have committed many crimes?" Planeshifter didn't seem to care as he moved to the door. "So you wish to free the only killer in the room?" He turned his head to Planeshifter.

"You can think of me as you wish, but if you learned anything on me, lying is something I can't truly do. When I said what I said, it's because you've been feed propaganda this whole time. Your friend in there, he was once a murder. Killed heroes, civilians, mothers and children. If you don't believe me, take control of that computer and see for yourself. The file code is 17;SV45. One of the files I stole when I hacked your precious Hero Association.

You can think of me as the bad guy all you want, but I do what I have to in order to end the Association, the true monsters here. The evidence is overwhelming. My very being was engineered to be logical... to follow only evidence. I wouldn't be opposing the Association if they were good. The evidence of their corruption lies in that computer also. Take a look if you wish, I didn't come here to fight. And my point on killing you in about character; what you do when you think no one's around. You're with the Association, and you're currently alone save for him in there. It was the best time to try and get at lest one of you to ls ten without rushing in to attack. That's why I didn't appear before Leo Kingston. Besides, I had unfinished business here."

Deep in the computer were files further down than before, including one labeled 17;SV45. "Farewell, Siegfried, hopefully you'll at least think twice about who you're working for and make the right choice for the rest of your species." Samuke turned to walk away at that, leaving the ghostly hero to the information Samuke tried to give him.

================

As Samuke walked over the hill, he pulled out a small tablet computer and looked at the screen. The readings he needed showed up. Then he looked back. "Why do I even bother with these insufferable vermin? They're as I thought; dogs who follow their master blindly. Looking back at the tablet, he swiped through the files. In it was information on the Golden Killer and a battle turned deadly. The fight ended thanks to Galactic Shield, but at a cost. The recording was in his hands. He would take this to Dragon-Lord, at least he might listen, if he doesn't try to attack first. He wanted to liberate these heroes before they lost the chance and they died. They could be useful in the future.

Nagoya

'Star'

Nagoya was staring intently at the screen. The one he saw was the one from the Festival. The blonde haired one. He could hear his fists tightening. He could try and stop him. Lead him to Leo and Dragon-Lord. Deep down, thoughts floated in his head on what to do, and further down how he knew he'd simply die. What would Shield do? By the looks of the camera, he could see the location. Those rain clouds looming over, that'd be easier to locate. Plus, to add to all that, Planeshifter was here. This could be used to test his theory from the meeting, or was being biomechanical different? He really didn't know what that term meant. That's when eh remembered the lack of a physical copy that he came in for.

@DemetrioMachete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back