Chapter 2: The Beauty in the Beasts

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

The sound of silence was broken by the sound of a single footstep behind Firefly. Expecting a response, Gundan let his threads scatter around him, thinning to the point of being undetected in the darkness. The threads moved towards Firefly from behind as Gundan let himself be seen by her. Considering Leo Kingston was arriving soon, Gundan knew the engagement time had to be short. If the threads managed to touch her, he'd have control over one of the heroes, and he could use that to his advantage. "Greetings, Firefly." Gundan said softly.

==========================================================================

Crash looked over at Yukari as Chimpman mentioned her. He shook his head. "No," Crash said. "No, I don't believe she is. And no, I don't know where Firefly has gone. But what I do know is that you need to keep your distance. You're loud enough at a distance." Though Chimpman's obnoxious presence wasn't helping Crash keep his cool, it did help ease some of the tension. Crash stepped into something else that made a squishing noise and he cringed. Where the hell are all the lights in this place? He thought to himself. He had to squint just to see anything. It was a fucking miracle that he hadn't tripped over every single object in the godforsaken place. And while he was thinking about it, why? Why did this always happen. He watched enough movies to know that when exploring an abandoned place, you're never supposed to split from the group. Once you've done that, you've put a target on you that says, "Pick me off first, please!"

"At least no one here is black." He muttered to himself as Leo gave out orders and ran off to search for Firefly. "Unbelievable," Crash said, watching Leo leave. He turned to Chimpman. "For the love of my non-existent god, stay with these two while I educate young Leo Kingston on the importance of staying together in such an atmosphere." He chased after Leo, muttering curse words under his breath.

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Hanarei @Kingmalikai

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitomi had managed to calm herself down by humming a song that her father used to sing to her every night. She sighed and continued to inch through the darkness but instantly froze at the sound of a footstep that didn't belong to her. Firefly took an instinctive step back as Gundan revealed himself to her. "So we were being watched..."  She muttered as her thoughts were racing in her head. At his greeting, Hitomi kept her eyes on the blue haired beauty. Just because he was evil didn't mean looks couldn't be appreciated. "Hey...you." She pointed at him faking a smile while sweating nervously. "Look over there! It's a distraction!"  She pointed and fired a fireball in the direction. She'd then turn to the side and begin to book it, hoping to lose him. As she ran, she started to yell out to the group hoping they could hear her. "LEO! CRASH! SOMEONE! ONE OF THEM IS IN THE BUILDING!" She yelled at the top of her lungs as she continued to attempt escape. After running for what seemed like forever, she widened her eyes feeling herself trip and fall to the floor. It was like she had tripped on thin air, but she had felt her foot trip on something. As she attempted to get up, she felt what she assumed to be threads connect to her body causing her to freeze. She fought to struggle, but even struggling was futile. 

"W..What the hell did you just do?" She asked the android as she stayed stuck in place. She narrowed her eyes at him knowing that everyone would be headed for them due to her yelling. Her heart dropped knowing that she had just caused them all to rush into danger. "STAY AWAY FROM THE BUILDING! WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY AWAY FROM THE BUILDING! P...Please..." She closed her eyes hoping everyone would heed her warnings. "Why?" She softly asked Gundan. "What do you plan to gain from this?" 

Under the orders of newly promoted Captain Sparkles, the group continued to follow the pipeline through the dark and cold steel walls. In the short time they spent together the group proved for an odd combination. They began to Gel together and mix as good as milk and orange juice.

Once Leo left and Crash immediately followed Sarutobi took a moment to sniff himself as a sort of check that it wasn’t because he smelled. If he smelled strong enough to smell over the rat crap and the suspicious eggy smell, he certainly needed to shower. “So what do you think happens if the suited guy farts with his helmet on? You reckon it kinda just sticks with him in his suit? God I hope so. That would be hilarious.”

Eventually the remaining trio found precisely what they were looking for. Or so Chimp-Man suspected, as he looked at the Mainframe which consisted of dozens of monitors and controls glazed over with a healthy coating of dust and cobwebs. “Sooo ladies” he said in cool-guy tone (which wasn’t actually cool). As he did, he leaned on a control panel but slipped as his hand pressed down on a circuit breaker which suddenly created a humming symphony throughout the entire powerplant. Lights momentarily flickered and fans began to rotate from the sudden activation of power revitalizing the powerplant. 

@Kingmalikai @Joonster @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Hanarei

Yukari turned to Chimp-Man who was now on the ground. "Hmm good work." She said turning back to the many monitors and controls she used her hand to dust off the cobwebs and dust. Looking at the monitors she saw power was returned she looked back to the other two. "Alright everything is online let's meet back with the others and-" Yukari was cut off by the sudden scream of Firefly. She looked at the other two and grit her teeth. "Chimp-Man, Shy One you two find Leo and Crash I'll go try and help Firefly!" With that Yukari bolted out of the room yelling. "Firefly! Firefly where are you!" 'I swear if it's the fuckin blond one!' 'No way is it him.' 'How are you sure?' 'Because this building is still in one piece.' 'True still let's hurry!' Yukari nodded and continued running down the hall yelling for Firefly.  

@Hanarei @ChimpMan @DaniBot

Ashley looked over a bit puzzld by the reaction the woman gave. Her eyes focusing on her as she mentioned a funeral for a fly. "I um... I don't think I'd do anything like that... I'd say sorry probably and feel a little bad..." She spoke not really recognizing just what she was trying to point out about her apologizing over things she shouldn't worry about apologizing for. It just tended to be her thing, she always worried about causing someone distress. She watched her reaction as a bit of an uneasy look came on her face. She didn't want to come back failing to do what she was asked... or what she assumed they were asked to do. \

"Why didn't I pay as much..." She spoke pausing her soft whining as Chimp-man came on. The timid Ashley didn't even register it as an attempt to flirt looking straight at him despite typically being quick to blush if someone should normally even think of speaking to her. She went to speak only to suddenly jump a bit as the lights suddenly came springing on as he unintentionally started it up. Her heart raced as she calmed down slowly, letting out finally a sigh of relief. It didn't last long as she could hear the scream. She blinked looking up.

"Ah.. w... wait! It... it's n... not safe to go alone! It... it could be a trap!" She spoke out watching Yukari dart off. Shy One shuffled forward, taking off after her worried what might be waiting for them, doing her best to keep watch focusing on her leaving behind Chimp before she could even utter a word back to him.

@Nenma Takashi @ChimpMan @DaniBot @Joonster

As Leo ran towards the building that Hitomi was currently in, he tried his best to calm his steadily rising nerves.  He wasn't sure how she was doing, if she was caught, or if she was fighting the android or... for right now, he concentrated himself on running forward.  Just as he was closing in, he suddenly heard her shout out loud enough to be heard outside of the building.  Leo came closer up until she shouted once again, and then he fully realized what the situation might be.  There would be no way he risk going into a trap, and even then, there's the possibility that the android might escape.  Leo had to find a way to get both the android to be trapped in, and to prevent anybody from entering, But, she said to stay away... if I go, I could risk the entirety of this mission, and the whole point of coming here.

The thought hit Leo hard, and he stopped in place, his eyes still locked on the building.  He was debating over the various risks to himself and others if he went in instead of waiting for reinforcements.  This could very well be a trap and he could very well risk his life if he went in there.  Even though this thought was meant to convince him against going into the building, it had the opposite effect.  Leo looked at the building, determination wavering among his eyes, I only have myself to risk, and there's no way I'm going to stand by and let somebody else be taken out of my life.  He took a hand and grabbed a hold of the colorful sweater he was wearing, and smiled sadly, Not again.  Not today.  Thus, Leo began thinking of a way to trap the android in, and realized the reason he was here in the first place.  Leo smiled, already the cogs of a plan turning in his mind, I ordered them to go and check on the power systems, I assume one of them will have turned it on.  Thankfully I have a team helping me out.  Not willing to waste any more time, Leo burst into the building.

Leo immediately saw Hitomi lying on the floor.  He was just about to dash over to her to help her up, but then he saw a blue-haired android staring at him.  Dropping down into a fighting stance, Leo sent out a slight pulse of electricity throughout the room.  He let it bounce around, similar to how a bat might use echolocation and noticed how the waves bounced off of small threads near and around Hitomi.  Leo moved closer to her, keeping his eyes on the android at all times, "Are you alright Hitomi?  What happened here?"  As much as Leo wanted to kneel down and check on how Hitomi was doing, he knew that the android could charge forward and attack at any moment.  So he kept his eyes locked on the blue haired indivigual.  Meanwhile, electric pulses once again flared out from Leo, looking around for signs of electric activity in the building.  Leo was disappointed to realize that while there was power it was turning on slowly.  He would have to stall for time, "So then.  Looks like I finally got the chance to stare one of you down.  At least, one that didn't have immediate intention to attack me.

Planeshifter phased through the locked door, rematerializing on the other side, with Star. He did consider what Samuke had said.. that Star could be a murderer, but that wouldn't really change much. He'd still be working to stop the trio, still throwing insults at them simply because they were the enemy. After all, the blonde one trashed a festival, and the other two did not even bother trying to stop him. When Siegfried tried, Samuke stopped the knife. 

"So did you know the one with lavender hair lathers himself with peach scented body oil?" Siegfried asked Nagoya, sighing as he places his hands into his pockets. "When you left the room, he popped up.. we had a little chat. I called him out on all the girly shit going on with him; that dyed hair, the body oil, and get this: freaking glitter on his face. I was right to mock them. They're out plotting our deaths.. when really they should be working at a strip club. That absolutely gives me an idea as to what to do to them, next." of course, he was making this up, but alas, he didn't want Star thinking him as hostile. In truth he wasn't, but asking about the past may have brought that message across.

"So uh.. yeah. Names, right? We got a... Doctor Nodachi, Doctor Tsukuyomi, and Doctor Frendichi. Those guys.. particularly Nodachi, are the ones responsible for unleashing the boygirls onto the world. He uh.. spliced mysterious being DNA with human DNA, and then they slapped a computer into it. The result was a biological robot." he looked at Star up and down.. wondering how he'd take all this in. That door would stay locked, for now. Planeshifter and Star needed to have a little talk.

@Colleen McJavabean

That was an interesting amount of information. At least he understood what he meant by "biorobot". But one of the brothers arrived? He didn't know about it. This surprising information slightly snuffed out the hate he had for the blonde one. "So he just appeared and left? Odd. Well, at least we're alive and safe. If we can't find anything hard to take with us, what you know will have to do. Unless you know how to transport a giant computer and all its data," Nagoya laughed.

"We should see if there's anything else and then head back. This information sounds useful, and might benefit Leo. I wish we knew where these doctors were so we could see what they knew." He walked over to the door and grabbed the handle and pulled, but it didn't budge. Siegfried came in, so it should be unlocked, though he wasn't sure why it was even locked to begin. Did he just phase through. "Plus, when we get back, maybe we can plan to find the blonde one and you cans throw gay insults at him. See what he does then. You sure do like those insults though. You don't have a thing for oiled up pretty boys, do you? They seem to be on your mind." Nagoya couldn't help but laugh at his own joke. Was it a joke? By his standards it was.

"Hey, did you lock the door?" Maybe he could just pry it open or melted a hole through. The lock could just be caused by the archaic technology malfunctioning. That could happen in an old, 20+ lad, right? That could make for a spooky Halloween haunted house, only the haunted lab.

@DemetrioMachete

"Boy or girl, I don't really care." Planeshifter confessed, shrugging his shoulder. "It's as the bisexuals, pansexuals, whatever you feel like calling me say: A hole is a hole, a rod is a rod." were they not the enemy, Siegfried may have made a pass at them. But alas, they needed to be beat up.

"I know exactly what he was trying to do." he spoke up when Star was curious about why he'd just show up. To impersonate Samuke,he readied a Kermit the Frog impression.

"Neaargh, the Hero Association is evil. You're just a blind dog following orders. Death to the hoomins!" he cleared his throat, now talking normally. "Except I don't fall for temptations to the dark side: money and good karma, I value more than.. what ever world they're trying to make." 

Now they were talking about the door. Oh.. and about any additional files. Siegfried still had the password in mind..

"I uh.. never unlocked the door to begin with. I'll get on that. Oddly enough, whats-his-name gave me the password to another batch of files.. probably wants me to find something dark and spooky." he paused, patting Star on the shoulder. "But you Star, you're brave. The heart of the late Galactic Shield shines with courage within you, yeah? I have nothing to fear from some computer file! Now let's go see." upon that, Siegfried took possession of the locked door, clicked the lock open, and opened it up to the rest of the room. He'd wait for Star to leave before closing it back. Then, he would take possession of the computer in question, and placed in the password.

17;SV45...

@Colleen McJavabean

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

"Leo Kingston." Gundan said as he stared at the blonde hero from across the room. "I believe this is our first time meeting face to face. As you can see, my ability to improvise isn't exactly award-winning." Gundan's mind was working. He knew that he botched the plan. Firefly's cry for help brought upon Gundan's hesitation. The initial plan was to silence her before she could alert the heroes to her presence, but Gundan couldn't help but show the "weakness" that Jikoku had accused him time and time again of having. "Caring does not make one weak," Gundan would always reply, but deep down, his heart wasn't in it. This wasn't the first time Gundan didn't deliver because he let sentimentality get in the way of doing what needed to be done. And now he was paying for it. Not only had Leo Kingston showed up, but several other heroes who heard Firefly's voice - either she was louder than Gundan realized or the heroes' ability to hear far surpassed what he expected - were heading towards the building.

"However, considering how many heroes are coming here, despite Firefly's warning and your orders, I suspect your ability to lead is even worse than that of my ability to improvise. It seems we will both pay for our incompetence. Though I assure you that you will pay a far greater price." He pulled back on his threads, and suddenly Firefly was in a fighting stance. The simple movement of Gundan's index finger brought forth the command for Firefly to swing a kick towards Leo's gut. A shadow cast itself over Gundan's figure. "Again?" Gundan muttered, swinging a hand upwards as he sent threads into the air to counter the oncoming attack.

=====================================================================

The Suited Savior activated his thrusters, allowing him to dodge the attacking threads. In the process of such movement he fired bullets from his rifle at Gundan, and continued to do so as he fell to the ground. "It's like playing Max Payne," he muttered to himself with a sick grin. He slammed into a stack of empty wooden crates and quickly rolled to his feet. Activating his thrusters once more, the Suited Savior charged, his eyes racing to analyze the situation further. Firefly was being controlled by the same threads Crash had fallen victim to during his first encounter with Gundan. But unlike that time, the threads couldn't be seen. Using one of the settings of his enhanced vision, Crash could barely spot them, but that was only if he concentrated enough. He couldn't keep his eyes on the threads and Gundan at the same time.

The wrist compartments opened up, firing a incendiary grenade that rolled at Gundan's feet.

=====================================================================

Gundan fired a blast of wind at the grenade, sending it back to its creator. Before the grenade exploded, Gundan could have sworn he heard the Suited Savior say, "Seriously?" A part of Gundan found it comical, though he didn't laugh. He could escape- a blade cut through the cloud of smoke and he jumped backwards, sending threads forth. The threads were cut, however, as the blade began spinning like a fan. The Suited Savior revealed himself, suit singed from the blast of the grenade, and swung the blade once more at Gundan, who dodged the blade by pulling on the threads he had attached to the ceiling. Now in the air and above an opponent who was still in the cool down phase of his attack, Gundan used the very same hand to fire a blast of wind toward the air. The recoil of the blast sent Gundan slamming into the Suited Savior, a hand grabbing the hero by the head and leaving threads attached in the wake of the hand's release.

Realizing he had spent too much time on the Suited Savior, he realized that Firefly's threads had been cut. He spun-

@ChimpMan @Kingmalikai @Colleen McJavabean @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @Hanarei @Joonster

The silence was unnerving as Hitomi laid still on the cold floor. As much as she wanted to get away from the android, she knew that the whole plan was at risk if the other heroes came to her rescue. As she laid staring up at the cold, emotionless face of Gundan, she couldn't help but to be confused. At the festival, the blonde one declared it their mission to destroy all the humans and heroes so why was he just standing there? Just looking the door as if he knew someone was going to run in. 'The bastard is using me for bait!' She thought as she felt her body heat up from her anger, partially at herself for causing the situation. Firefly opened her mouth to speak once more, but as silenced as she heard footsteps come to a halt. Her eyes widened once she heard one of many familiar voices. "L..Leo..." She closed her eyes as she whispered aloud, wanting to tighten her hands into a fist. "Leo you shouldn't have come here! Get out while you can and finish the mission!" She pleaded for her comrade to heed her words as she helplessly stared as Gundan began to address Leo.

The thought of the others headed this way caused Hitomi to panic. What had she done? She had jeopardized the mission, and what was worse was that Gundan was tying it to Leo's ability to lead. She wanted to yell that it wasn't true, but felt her body being lifted off the floor. Her body was moving, but it wasn't by her own will. "W..What?" She stood up, facing Leo and then took a fighting stance. W..Was he going to use her as a weapon against her own teammate?! Various emotions flowed through Firefly as she tried once again to move and failing again. "No.. I don't want to..." She whispered to Leo and Gundan. "I don't want to hurt him or the others! I...I..." She hesitated on her last statement, biting her bottom lip. Was now really the time for such a statement?  Surely not. She looked up at Leo, her eyes pleading for him to run. "I want you to trust me and run!"  

Her pleas seemed to have no effect on the android as she felt her leg lifting up and kicking towards Leo's gut. "Move!" She yelled as she kicked again and again at her friend and comrade. After a moment, she felt herself stop and exhaled deeply. It seemed that another person from the group had arrived to help...by firing rifles... Great. Her attitude changed, however, once she felt she had control over her own body again. As much as she wanted to run into the arms of the blonde hero, she knew she had to get a safe distance away. Her instincts caused her to run beside Leo and look at him. "So now what's the plan? I can find the others and round them up." 

Leo smiled, confident as he stared down the android.  It seems like he wasn't fully prepared for Leo to come to the building so fast.  Smirking Leo kept his fighting stance as he said, "I can see that you weren't expecting me to get here.  Don't worry about not being able to improvise, after all not everybody is meant to think things through."  Leo kept his fake smile up, but he knew the irony in his statement.  It was right then that Leo heard Hitomi speak to him, warning him to get out, "Hitomi, it's okay.  I know you're probably worried, but I have this handled.  I have a plan.  I've told the others to back off from the building, and thankfully I can rel-"  However he was stopped from finishing his thought as the android began saying that the heroes were coming to the building right now.  Leo's temperature rose.  His smile disappeared slightly and one of his eyes twitched, Damn, that's going to make this difficult now.  The comment on his leadership also hit Leo hard and he winced slightly, and his eyes had lost some of their confidence and bravado in them.  Still he held strong, even with what was happening he was positive in what he was doing.

Hitomi began whispering, and Leo realized that it must have been to him.  He couldn't quite hear what she was saying, but he saw her slowly rise up.  It was strange though, it was as if she was a puppet on strings being pulled up.  Leo heard her once again speak, and as she finished he talked again, "Hitomi I do trust you.  Though I need you to trust me when I say that I can handle whatever this guy throws at m-"  Leo was cut off by a sudden kick flying into his stomach.  Then another, and another, and another.  It was after four kicks that Leo flipped backwards, impacting the ground hard.  For a few seconds he couldn't speak as the wind had been knocked out of him, W-what was that?!  Leo jumped up to his feet and was surprised to see that the kicks had come from Hitomi.  A second of hesitation led Leo to realize that the android was likely finding a way to control her into fighting him.  At least he hoped that was the case.  His eyes now darted between Hitomi, the android, and Crash.  The suited savior who had just come through the building... Wait what?  Leo did a double take as he confirmed that it was indeed Crash that had come into the building just now.  Leo's eye twitched again, yet his smile seemed to spread across his face again.  Forced this time, but nonetheless visible.  Crash began using his rifle to take shots at the android, and the two quickly entered into a battle.

Hitomi ran up beside him, causing Leo to flinch until he realized that she wasn't under control of the android any more, or at least she didn't show it.  Leo addressed her, his eyes still following the path of the android, "Yes, not only are you going to go find the others and group them up.  You're also going to call for the heroes we have on standby to show up here.  I want to make sure that we take this thing down.  Having you tell them is also good, because maybe they'll actually f-"  Leo bit his tongue, sighing before he let go, "Maybe they'll actually listen to you."  Leo motioned for her to move quickly and then immediately began setting his plan up.  Now that the android was distracted by Crash this would be easier to set up.  Leo once again ran over to one of the large generators for the power plant and pressed his hand up against the crackling device.  He smiled as he felt the amount of power being channeled now.  Keeping a hold onto the power device he let massive amounts of power flow into his body, turning off his mental inhibitor as his body began telling him of the risk he was taking right now.  Leo smiled as electricity began channeling through the small spaces all along his body and skin.  To anybody looking at him right now, they would see him absolutely glowing with energy at the moment.  Leo laughed as he felt the power source bleed dry and he could feel the amount of absolute power and electricity going all along his arms and throughout his skeleton.  He could also feel his left arm split open slightly from the previous wound being stretched too much.  Though the pain was the equivalent of a small gnat to him as his whole body crackled with the amount of electricity he had in his body.  Leo stepped forward, toward the android.  Just as the android turned around, Leo threw a fake attack at him, a small electric ball that traveled quickly.  It had the electric charge of a smartphone and it's focus was to be a distraction.  Just as he threw that he let his hands fall to his side and his entire body began letting loose the electricity.  The result was strands of electricity that seemed to be the equivalent of lightning strikes spread out from him and begin to coil around one another.  After what seemed like a lifetime for Leo but was in reality only the span of a few seconds, and electric cage spun itself around both Leo and the android.  Leo slowly stood to his feet, the wounds that he had split open beginning to take effect, but still not to a point where it disabled him.  He laughed slightly, "Now then, I wouldn't touch that electric fence.  The results would be... quite awful.  But don't worry it's dangerous for both of us.  In fact, if I were to touch it right now I'd probably die myself.  So a good idea would be to not touch it."  Leo reached out into the electric field and grinned wider as he saw that the cage had encompassed them in a full cube, with the floor of the reaching into the ground below them.  Even if this android tried to, he wouldn't be able to find a way to get out.  Not for the next fifty minutes at least.  Leaving enough time for the Heroes Association to get here and back him up.  The only worrying part would be if Crash had made it out in time...

Hitomi nodded hearing Leo's instructions but also noticed his hesitation in his last statement. The smile on his face was obviously forced and as much as she wanted to reassure him, she knew it would be better to follow his orders than use comforting words. Besides every moment she stayed in the room was another moment she was just in the way. Firefly looked at Leo and nodded, her eyes serious and full of determination. "You got it. Just make sure you two are careful. Don't get too close to him." She ran out of the room and into the hallway right after her warning. As she ran down the hallway, the only sounds she could hear were the sound of her breathing and footsteps. 'Damn it Nakashima. Pull it together.' She scolded herself as she continued to run to find the others. 'The mission is more important than your emotions. You can't afford to take that risk again.' Her eyes stayed fixed on the hallway as she spotted Yukari and Ashley. "Blade Queen! Shy One!" She waved at them as she came to a stop. She knew that they would have questions, but she held her hand up. "We need to regroup and call for back up from the Association. Leo and Suited Savior are already fighting the android and we need to leave it to them. I can't really explain until we call for back up." 

Hitomi's expression showed that she was being serious, for once, as she looked at her fellow female heroes. Looking back and forth at the both of them, she realized someone was missing. "Wait...Where is Chimp Man??" 

Yukari ran down the halls looking for Hitomi wondering where she could be. As she ran she could almost swear she heard footsteps behind her as well but figured it was nothing. 'Firefly!' 'She can't hear you idiot!' Yukari turned a corner and saw Hitomi running up to her. "Finally found you what the hell-" She was cut off by Hitomi raising a hand telling her they needed to call for backup. But before hand Yukari also could swear she called two names but there was no way that was possible Ashley and Chimp-Man were looking for Leo and Crash but since Hitomi knew where they were no need for that. 'Screw backup we can take him.' 'I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say the literally dumbest thing ever just now.' As Hitomi asked where Chimp-Man was Yukari pointed behind her. "He's with Shy back in the-" She stopped turning to see Shy One behind her jumping back as she was shocked by this. "What the!? I told you to stay with Chimp-Man why did you!? Forget it well nevermind but I'm guessing he's back at the mainframe wondering why we just left him. If we hurry we should be able to get help and get back." Yukari knew it'd be stupid to go try and help, numbers didn't matter strength did and two B-Class heroes and two C-class heroes wouldn't help at all. She didn't wanna say it but she was glad she didn't run into the android herself as having Shy One with her would have slowed her down. 

@Kingmalikai @ChimpMan @Hanarei @DaniBot @Joonster

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

Gundan was caught off guard, which gave birth to him not realizing what was going on. An electric bolt came flying at him and he instinctively countered with a gust of wind. But his mind couldn't keep up with the events as they unfolded in seconds. Before he knew it, a cage of electricity had formed itself around him and Leo. Panic shone in his eyes as he scanned the area, finding no openings. I could insulate the lightning with my wind abilities, Gundan thought, though became more and more unsure as he heard the intimidating hum of the electricity. And Leo Kingston's warning only shot the confidence down further. Gundan was trapped now. But as he eyed the Suited Savior, who lay on the ground beside him, Gundan's panic was brought to a stark calmness. He could still get out of this.

"Leo Kingston," Gundan said, his voice a soft whisper in contrast to the sounds of the electricity. "Here is what is going to happen. You are going to let me go right now, or the Suited Savior shall suffer from the effects of your cage. Or perhaps you prefer that to happen. Perhaps you are angry at him for disobeying your orders. If so, then that is fine. If you think death is a suitable punishment for him, then who am I to stand in the way? If you are really as ruthless as you say, then I will kill this hero and still be trapped and will still be captured. What kind of man are you, Leo Kingston? Are you willing to lose everything for one hero, or are you willing to gain everything at the cost of one?"

Gundan was bluffing, and although he valued his freedom and wanted to escape, this was a test of Leo's character. Samuke isn't always right, despite what me and my brothers like to think, Gundan thought to himself. Humans weren't all selfish. Based on the data Gundan collected on Leo, the hero wasn't the type to leave someone behind or have them killed. Samuke replied to this by saying that Leo hadn't been tested. That Leo never had to choose. But now Gundan could see it with his own eyes. He watched every bit of Leo Kingston, searching for every reaction, every movement.

@ChimpMan @DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @Colleen McJavabean

Star exited the room with Planeshifter, to which he moved to the console. Inside the computer, code entered, a few shots of papers and typed work including video files remained under a simple folder called YellowSun.dif.

The reports that were mainly copied and faxed documents of physical paper had black marks.

Subject Name 

Last: Bierbrung | Middle: Stein | First: Johan

Codename: Yellow Killer

Sex: Male | Eye Color: Yellow/Golden | Hair Color: Blonde | Hair Length: Medium-Short | Height: 175cm

Bio: Subject's place of birth is currently unknown. Johan Stein Bierbrung "Yellow Killer" has been the gravity of numerous murders throughout City-3, City-18, and City-29. After many failed attempts to locate him, a bait was used that would draw said subject via known traits and presented past quirks. With heterogeneous patterns, a few select of the primal heroes managed to find his location.

During the encounter, subject "Yellow Killer" slew two heroes until finally put down by hero, Galactic Shield.

Criminal Rehabilitation Program Experimentation: Test 66

Test Subject: 66 "Yellow Killer", Johan Stein Bierbrung

Authorized By: Cashmere & Bernard

By authorization of both two of the three heads, Cashmere and Bernard, test subject 66 will undergo mental rehabilitation in hopes to produce a new system of corrections. Past experiments have both ended in permanent mental health, suicide, death, or failed to correct anything and acted as a simple temporary effect. Subject will be given a stay at the hospital provided by the Association until all trials are passed to release or to kill.

UPDATE -

Subject passed with no health problems. Furthermore, he seems to be recovering quite fast and easy. The subject, by order of Bishop, will have the name "Nagoya" and a new title in the hero logs as "Star", based entirely off his power of plasma. Due to this, any knowledge he had prior on his powers will have been lost and will relearn them all, only for the greater use of the Association. The subject will have no memory of his former past and will be the first in testing patients to become good outstanding "citizens".

Since the subject is now a product of the Association, he own legally owned by the Association and will hence forth be put under the supervision and teachings of Galactic Shield. With his powers and physical build, he will move past many heroes on the roaster.

By order of Bishop, should the subject recover any memories, he becomes a risk breaking the mental coding put on him and recovering all his memories. A chip will be implemented into the subject to both track him and his vitals. It will allow, should he return to who he was prior, the Association to kill him by shutting the brain off with the chip.

Inside were also more files and even videos of recordings. One such showing him strapped to a chair, doctors trying to insert a needle, but the man spitting on them and laughing maniacal while making grotesque threats that are better left bleeped out. The others were of his fights or murders, including a photo of two heroes in the autopsy room. One deceased subject named "Thornspike" and the other "Squirt". One class C and the other class A.

@DemetrioMachete

As Planeshifter looked over the evidence against Nagoya, he felt a chill down his neck. Samuke wasn't lying.. Nagoya used to be an entirely different person, it seemed. But in the end, all Siegfried could do was shrug. Yes, it was bad to kill people, and knowing Nagoya's past self was a hero killer made his blood boil, but it seemed like the Association was poised to kill him at any moment he defected; though with a mentor like Galactic Shield, would he even want to defect?

"Nagoya."  Siegfried called him by name, refusing to look at him. "Part of a Hero's duty is to uphold themselves to a higher standing of ethics, in order to not lose sight of their jobs. Me? I see things from a more.. "utilitarian" vision: I try to benefit the greatest amount, while harming only the smallest amount. If you gave me an atom bomb to kill a monster, I would use it the moment the civilians were out of range, taking out the monster and the evacuated homes in the process." it was just a figure of speech, one Planeshifter delivered with calmness.

"So to lay your suspicions to rest.. I could care less that you're a Hero Killer under a different name. As long as you're ready and willing to fight those pampered brats.. I've got no reason to hate you or fight you. Understand?"

His thoughts then drifted to the Association report of outright stating they "owned" Nagoya. People weren't property, but sometimes the convicted were treated like property; even after their sentences in the Justice system were served. To attack the association on that premise would require attacking pretty much the entire government as well, which Planeshifter wasn't in the mood to do.

@Colleen McJavabean

Leo smiled, an infectious smile that he just couldn't put down.  A chuckle escaped him as he watched the android counter his small electric bolt and Leo knew that he had done well.  The cage had successfully trapped them both together.  He continued to watch as the androids eyes darted around to look at the cage encompassing them both.  It was clear he was thinking of ways to get out of her and failing.  That is, until he looked down at Crash.  Leo's eyes widened and he mentally cursed Crash for having to follow him, If you had just listened...  

Leo slightly shook, a fear overtaking him as he began to realize the meaningless of his plan.  The android slowly and softly spoke, his voice barely audible, yet Leo's ears picked the voice up just fine, No... no... NO!  I can't just let this go to waste!  Not after the lives that have been lost from the androids.  Not after what I've already spent of myself.  Yet, I can't let Crash die.  The pupils in Leo's eyes began to generate slight electric shocks around them, and his pupils gave off the appearance of shrinking and widening.  The smile he once held was a face that could only be described as pure frustration and anger at it's core.  A yellow glow faintly shown from his eyes as Leo knelt down and banged his fist on the ground, "DAMMIT!"  The sound overtook the noise of the electricity, and the echoes bounced off the walls, making it seem so much louder than it would have been.  Leo realized what the situation had become, and he hated it.  

Just as Leo was about to slam his fist down again, he realized something.  Something that would keep the android caged, and save Crash.  His eyes went wide and he stood up slowly.  Leo could get Crash out of the cage and keep the android in, But... I can't do that.  After all I have, all I have yet to prove.  Could I really do something like that?  What about my own safety?  Leo looked over at Crash's body, who was lying on the ground, What about his?  Leo shook his head slightly, There has to be another way... there has to... right?  Taking a glance around the room, Leo saw that there was nothing that would allow him or Crash safe passage out of the cage.  Nothing, except for one thing.  If he jumped through with Crash he could absorb the energy that would coil around them but keep the electric fence up.  That was the only way, and it would result in one negative.  Leo's pupils stopped wavering and his body stopped shaking.  The angry face disappeared and he sighed.

When Leo lifted his head, a sad smile was in it's place, I think I can still say something.  Leo cleared his throat, "Good job.  I-I thought I had gotten you beat, but... you did good.  It's true that if Crash hadn't been here then this would have been so much easier.  That doesn't mean that I think he deserves to die."  Leo began walking slowly to where the android stood, taking his time as he did, "So in a way you put me in one of the most difficult decisions I've faced in a while.  I just wish that you androids weren't so hellbent on executing the world, as you've clearly proven now.  You three could have been great heroes; intelligent, strong heroes.  It's sad to see that instead of that, you're holding somebody hostage simply so you can escape being imprisoned.  I don't care what kind of message you're going for, if you think that the death of somebody is better than you being trapped..." Leo shook his head, a sad look in his eyes, "In a way, I can draw comparisons to you.  In another way, I feel as if I'm worse than even you.  The thing is though, I've been trying to do my best to make up for what I've done.  Ever since the day that... when it happened... I've felt like I needed to save somebody to prove that I've changed." Leo stopped walking in front of Gundan, a sigh escaping his lips once again, "So I guess this is my chance to save somebody."  The excess power that had been left over in Leo's body began making it's way into his muscles, and his arms whipped out to take a hold of Crash.  Moving at his complete capacity, Leo felt his muscles on fire from the speed he was forcing them to move at.  Leo held crash against himself, making sure that his body covered the majority of him as he looked at the android again, "To answer your question, yes.  Yes I'm willing to lose everything."  Leo jumped backwards, his eyes closed as his back first hit the fence.  He wrapped himself even further around Crash, as much as he could as he began passing through the electric fence.  The electric coils began to slash and eat away at the visible skin on Leo.  Yet his jacket managed to remain, seemingly the most intact part of him as he moved through.  Crash himself would feel the electricity as well, but the worst inflicted pain on him would be a small first-degree burn on his ankle, and a small static shock to wake him up.  Leo and Crash passed through the fence, and Leo's eyes cracked open slightly to see the fence close behind where the had jumped through, and Leo couldn't muster the willpower to even comment on it.  Crash and Leo hit the ground, with Crash landing on top of Leo as a few cracks seemed to resound from under him.  A look at Leo would instantly show the effects of what Leo had done as his skin seemed to be cracked and black.  The only part of his skin that seemed to look clear was his face, which only had dark black lines drawn to where his jawline and neck met. Leo breathed heavily, scraping for any kind of air he could find.  After a few milliseconds, Leo's chest stopped moving.  With the only sound that could be heard being the electricity still crackling in the room.

He was left speechless. His face as white as snow. That wasn't him. How could it? If he was himself, he could remember what happened. He recalled it like yesterday. A monster attacked, likely dog level, and he tried to save his town. The monster hit him, he went flying into the transformer, and after all that happened, he emerged with powers. He met Shield that day, too.

"So... what... my memories are fake? No, I remember. I was pushed into a transformer and that's where my powers came from. I wasn't a killer!" He's saved people's lives. He's taken blows for others. He's literally gotten a cat out of a tree. And that was not as easy as it sounds. He was snot immune to sharp claws. But now he apparently killed people? To think the man he considered almost family, like a father, had to fight him because of what he was made him feel sick. But then there was the Association. They used him. Made him their property. So much as willing to kill him. No, this was a plan set by those "biorobots" as Siegfried called them. He wouldn't believe this. How could he?

That was when he recalled being in the tower just before it collapsed. An injured and unconscious Bernard lay in his arms as Samuke appeared before him, unfazed by the ruble of the building. "Well, if it isn't one of the Association's dogs. How does it feel to be one of their attack dogs after once being a stray rabid?" The words echoed in his head. Did he know this whole time? IS that what he meant Stating such a cryptic statement a if trying to trigger him?

Siegfried was right. "Yea..." He looked down. "I don't want to fight either. I'm so tired of it." He looked up with a flame blazing inside. "We should go. However, the blonde one... I found him on one of the computers. He's... He's in City-10." Nagoya's fist clenched. "My city." He looked at Siegfried. "I say we take him out. We have the upper-hand. I say we finish him off, reducing their numbers. Besides... I need to punch something right now. And he and that stupid grin fit the ideal punching-bag description."

Suddenly a feminine voice spoke. "You almost let him get too you." Nagoya looked to find the demon again. Casually sitting on a tall computer with his legs crossed and that grin. "I give my offer again. I can help you. You need me now more than ever."

@DemetrioMachete

Wait.

Now that he had said what he said, Siegfried felt like he messed up. His brain was mocking him for thinking too brashly and quickly, and slapping him with so many other suggestions.

"It could have been a different blonde guy."

"Maybe Star has a twin brother?"

Siegfried wanted to correct himself, the guilt semi-apparent on his face. But Nagoya beat him to the metaphorical mic. He seemed upset.

"Do you appreciate who you are now, though? Is this better than being a murderer? Even if it was a bit extreme and inhumane, I see atonement.. in a way." Seemed like he was rearing to go and fight the blonde of the bishonen boyband. Siegfried remembered. That one was the most destructive, but also the most witless. Had Samuke not stepped in, Siegfried could have stabbed him. 

"We've learned quite a bit, it seems.. yeah. To summarize: to damage a bio-robot.. I think you just need to hit them about as hard as you would an actual robot.. Do-able, yes?" his only plan boiled down to "hit them really hard", but what else could they do? 

Then that feminine demon boy appeared again. He recalled that face.. he dismissed everyone present as trash. Siegfried didn't have a good first impression of this guy.. he just looked at him indifferently, hands in his pockets.

@Colleen McJavabean

"Don't worry about that, If I focus enough, I can create a powerful concussive blast with my fists. The question is if it will be enough. There is something I've been working on that could bring me closer to his level or Dragon-Lord's, but for a short time and I don't know the side-effects. However..." Suddenly a sharp pain his his chest. What was that? He didn't notice, but his hand had clenched his heart region. He shook it off.

"We don't need your help, demon. Why are you so persistent on getting our aid?" He asked, slightly angered by the sharp pain.

"Well, the way I see it, you're only signing your death warrant." His eyes spoke of confidence, but to Nagoya, of truth he shouldn't know. "If you fight Jikoku, I believe his name is, you'll die. The both of you." Suddenly, the demon's face looked serious. The smile to an almost seemingly clear frown. "I know more than you'll ever think. How hard is it to understand I, a demon who's too weak to fight them, wants the very thing threatening you, dead? Do you even know what they plan to do? No, you don't. So, allow me to explain to your blatant obtuse species..."

"When Kyon attacked, he triggered a fear among the Association's heads. Your enemies have one thing right... they're corrupted. However, even rodents don't want to die. So they created a system to protect the planet. It would form a powerful shield that detects demons reentering, and fire back with a very potent weapon. During the attack in City-5, one of the sub-heads considered killing you all with what is called "God's Thunder Bolt." A powerful canon that would kill even you, Nagoya. And you are highly resistant to heat and plasma, taking into consideration of your obvious powers. And Siegfried," he addressed the hero by his name. "You could phase all you want, though I wont say what happens if you do, but I will say what happens after you do... You've left standing in a place far to hot and glassed. You'd find yourself the only survivor and hunted by the Association's assassins. They couldn't let you live after that. Not if they make a grandiose speech about how "brave" you were when you died fighting. Blaming the attack on either one of you heroes or Kyon.

"He's controlling that.. Well, he's planning on it when he is able to connect all the dots to the ground satellites. That's why he was here. That's why he didn't kill the officials himself. That's also why he did his research prior to meeting them. If you haven't caught on yet, he's already ahead of you. It's... like trying to beat a computer created to win a game of chess against the best player and winning. Your chances are not likely. If I had to guess, he came here because his goal isn't to kill you. In fact, I'm betting he allowed such information as you just learned so that blonde here would be triggered, reviving the old Johan. That would cause problems for you and the Association, since they're in no position to try and stop him at the moment.

If you want to beat him, you need to think like him. How do you predict something or someone who acts in a way that predicts what you will do? If he's 100 steps ahead, you need to be 101." The demon jumped down to show his height was smaller than that of Nagoya. He pulled out some cotton candy and started to eat it. "By the way, what is this? It's so delicious. I think this is my seventh helping. You humans have marvelous luxuries. Oh,  Kyon was such a fool to attack. He doesn't know what he's missing!" The demon said biting down. A smile on his face that looks innocent, if he wasn't a demon. "So, do we have a deal? You help me, and in turn I can help you. You name it. I can get you there or get you it. Well, within my power. As I said, I can open a portal and you can fire that large space gun at the demons and prevent them from attacking. How does that sound bad?"

@DemetrioMachete

Hitomi stepped to the side as Yukari jumped back noticing that Ashley was behind her. From the looks of it, Ashley had followed Yukari in an attempt to stop her from rushing into danger. Hitomi looked down tightening her hand into a fist, feeling guilty for all the chaos that had happened. "Well hopefully he hasn't run off."

At Yukari's suggestion, Hitomi nodded and looked at her. "Alright. You two lead and I'll follow." As she followed Yukari and Rin, she pulled out her phone and dialed the Association. If they needed backup, then time was of the essence. At the first sound of a human voice, Hitomi spoke into the phone. "This is Class B hero Firefly requesting backup at the City 5 power plant. The enemy has been spotted in the building. Please send all available heroes at once!" Before the call's receiver could confirm her request, Firefly closed her phone. Once the trio reached the mainframe, Hitomi ran in thankful to see Chimp Man. "Thank goodness you stayed here!" She ran and hugged him, thankful that her comrade was unharmed. She pulled back from the hug and looked at everyone else, finally able to plan out.

"Ok so our back up should be here soon, but they need to know where exactly to go. Having them meet us here would be a waste of time given the situation. The android Leo and Suited Savior are facing isn't as reckless as Jikoku, but he's just as dangerous." Hitomi looked around the mainframe, inspecting the condition of it. She frowned, wishing that she had paid more attention to her father when he was explaining everything about his plant. She closed her eyes, deep in thought for a good two minutes before she placed her hands on her fists. "That's it! If we can make it to the power grid and adjust the output of power accordingly, then we can make the building they're in into a beacon of light! It's simple really." She explained as she reached into her outfit and pulled out the report that she had picked up before and laid it on a surface for everyone to see. "I found this in the building before the encounter with the android. It's basically a report explaining how much power the plant generates as a whole. The thing about power plants though is that they can't hold all of the power in a single building or the entire city would black out if the plant had an emergency. That's why they have the power grids, to balance the power evenly. If we can shut down the power to each building, then everyone would think to go to the building that has the most power going." As Hitomi explained her plan, she looked around and examined everyone's face to see if they understood. 

Yukari nodded her head listening to Hitomi's plan. 'So we turn the area their in into a big ol light?' 'That seems to be the plan.' Yukari stepped forward pointing to herself with her thumb. "Leave that to me, get me to the breaker room I can redirect power to the area. I'm real good with computers." 'Yeah nerd power!' Yukari wasn't sure what they'd do if the android cut them off could. She thought maybe if she left them behind she could use them to bait- 'Oi Yukari you didn't just consider using them as bait did you!?' Yukari snapped back to her senses. 'Of course not I'm nothing like her remember.' Yukari began walking turning to face the others as she began stepping out of the room. "You guys coming or do I gotta save the world alone?"

@ChimpMan @Joonster @Colleen McJavabean @DemetrioMachete @Kingmalikai @Hanarei @DaniBot

Questions. So many questions yet so little answers. What the hell was going on? It was a question Sarutobi asked himself on a daily basis. No less now. Hugs? Sparkles? Crash? Android? Mainframe? Breaker room? Dafuq? Being the only one to actually stay put previously; Chimp-Man didn't want to admit he had absolutely no clue what was going on, especially in front of all the pretty ladies, so he decided to just go along with it. "Y-yeah! Power-grids! Breaker rooms! Computers! Woo." He said, mumbling and just repeating what everyone else said, trying to make it sound like he knew what was happening. 

Together they swiftly hurried towards the breaker room while Chimp-Man was trying to figure out what one actually was. Once they got to the room, they entered it to find a dimly lit room. Thick wires covered the walls littered with power-boxes, fuses, switches, flashing lights. From what Chimp-Man could tell, it was like an ordinary house fuse-box but... more like a fuse-room with a humming sound to signify the power going through the wires and into the boxes. In the corner was a computer monitor on stand-by with a sheet of dust covering the screen. Sarutobi had no clue about pretty much anything in the room so to make it seem like he did he stared intently at a waste-high metallic cylinder stroking his chin as if in deep thought, completing complex algebra. If one were to look a little closely they might realize he was just staring at a trash-can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back