Chapter 2: The Beauty in the Beasts

Not long after Dr. Nodachi arrived, so did Planeshifter. He didn't even bother asking permission from the gate.. just phased right in. His mood had soured, and he felt as though his need for more strength was dire. The first association staff he found, he would ask for a source of electromagnetism.

As he rematerialized, alone in a hall, his breath was heavy, and his expression one of pure guilt. He failed Star.. and now that bastard had him. His fists clenched up, and, exhausting all his rage, he slammed a fist against the wall. It made a pretty loud sound, but didn't visibly damage it. As Siegfried looked at the undamaged wall.. he felt that was the problem.

He only had a human level of strength. Sure, his ghostlyness gave him speed and defense, but without weapons, he had no killing power. Samuke broke his last weapon.. and until his ethereal state evolved to the point where it was no longer needed.. he felt he always needed to carry a weapon, now.

"Can it even get to that point..?" He asked himself, looking at his own hand. He didn't even know what he was fully capable of.. saddening.

Now roaming, Siegfried stumbled across the meeting room, where all the other heroes were.. he only caught the most recent bits of their words, and thus felt like he didn't belong in there. Further down he walked.. until he came across Sunny, Nodachi and Paragon of Justice. He recognized Dr. Nodachi from the computer files.. for what ever reason, Siegfried didn't think he'd still be alive.. it was a surprise to him that he still was. Without a word.. soaked by the rain, and his breath barely starting to turn quiet, he entered the meeting with Sunny, Nodachi, and Paragon, taking the closest seat available.

@Colleen McJavabean

Bitter and hard to swallow was an understatement. It took all of Firefly's being to stop from yelling and interrupting the senior hero, her hands clenched tightly into fists as she stared down at the table sitting with her legs close to her chest. Her eyes were still puffy from crying. The thought of Leo's sacrifice meaning nothing broke her heart, but sacrificing another hero for an enemy was unacceptable. 'He's right.Surely you would do the same...' She sighed, hoping that Leo could hear her thoughts. Hitomi sat up. letting her feet hang from the chair as she listened to Ashley speak. She would have to postpone her time to mourn and make sure no one else had to die. Instinctively, she placed a hand on Ashley's shoulder and gave her a warm smile. "I've said it before at the plant. I'd rather face them all myself than to lose anymore of you." Surely, she wasn't going to do anything else reckless but she didn't want to be hunched over crying over another comrade's death. Hitomi turned her eyes to Dragon Lord, "I'm still going to see this to the end. Yes it hurts but it'll hurt more if we lose anyone else. When are we leaving?" 

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite Dragon-Lord's speech, Crash couldn't help but feel down. Leo sacrificed himself to capture the blue-haired android, and now they had to give said android away to save another hero. "Funny how convenient shit and inconvenient shit seem to happen at the same time just to cancel each other out." He thought to himself with a scowl. Sitting around the table, he felt uncomfortable. He'd been without his armor for a while now, and now some heroes knew what he looked like. It was the least of his problems at the moment, but one of the reasons he tried to keep up the Suited Savior's appearances was because he didn't trust anyone with his identity. Heroes fight without concealing their appearances all the time, he thought. Yeah, and they're idiots.

The fact that he didn't know Nagoya that well meant nothing. Something needed to be done about Jikoku, hostage or not. Crash felt a tinge of hope, thinking that maybe the heroes could use the extra time to their advantage. Not to mention they now knew where Jikoku would be. The gears in his head were working as he took in account all the heroes that sat around the table with him. A habit of his from playing so many strategy RPGs. His concentration was interrupted when his cell began to ring. He answered the call.

"Dude, where have you been?" Jack said over the call.

"Two steps from hell. And no, I'm not ready to come home."

"But-"

"I know I've been neglecting you guys, but like I always say, I can't let a problem fester into something worse."

There was a long silence before Jack sighed. "I sure as hell can't tell your dumbass what to do. Too stubborn. Just like your old man."

"Watch it."

"He's been blowing up my phone, you know. I think he's coming to visit. Look, I know you're not going to come home, so I might as well help you with what you're doing. We've played a lot of video games, yah? Remember that one fighting game where we kept playing. Fire blue or something." Crash could only reluctantly agree, not really knowing what Jack was talking about. "Anyway, there were so many encounters in story mode that most were birthed from misunderstandings. Wasn't us who came to this conclusion, of course. Carly watched us play one day and said, 'You know, if they sat down and just talked, most of these fights wouldn't even happen.' or something along those lines. Maybe she was onto something."

"Your point?" Crash was nodding frantically, annoyed.

"You guys might be in the same situation with the Androids."

"That was a game. Life doesn't work that way."

"Remember when you tackled that dude at the festival because you thought he was attacking Carly?"

"Shit, Jack, are you serious? Weren't you just telling me to do stuff that wouldn't get me killed."

"At least try it before you knock it man." The sound of a flushing toilet reached Crash's ears.

"Amazing. Now I know you're talking out of your ass."

"Gotta go. Stay safe buddy."

Crash grunted and hung up. It was the stupidest thing he heard all day, bar for most of Chimp-man's ramblings. "I'll say a few words to the blond one and the only verbal reply he'll give me is, 'Weak piece of shit,' while he's kicking my ass." He muttered to himself, standing up from the table. He was still thinking, and the pieces to his plan were beginning to come together in his head. He glanced at Hitomi, who looked a lot better than she did a while ago. He felt he should say something to her, but he could tell she was trying to put off the memories, put her time and emotions into something productive. Instead of bothering her, he turned to Dragon-Lord. "We should leave immediately. Nagoya's life is in danger as long as we sit around. But I have a proposal to make. We do what the blond android wants. But I'm going to be the only one to confront him. With the android we've captured."

===================================

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

Jikoku was coming to save Gundan, who had mixed feelings about the entire situation. On the bright side, his brothers who cared about him, were coming to rescue him. On the dark side, Jikoku was the one to do it. He'd kill so many people and destroy so much in the process that part of Gundan wanted to stay captured. He should be bracing himself. Jikoku could be racing towards this very building now, prepared to strike it down like a bullet hitting a bird from the sky.  Gundan frowned, as that particular analogy reminded him of a joke Jikoku used after their attack on the Hero Association building during the festival. "Gundan," he said. "Who are the fastest readers in the world? All the people who were in that building. So many stories in just a few seconds!" He laughed. Gundan remained silent.

Still, he felt lonely in solitary confinement, unable to see anything but the surrounding walls of grey. No beautiful music or amazing scenery. No one to talk to. "So this is what it feels like being in prison." He said to himself. "Every bit the suffering I couldn't have possibly imagined." He sighed and hugged his knees, his emotions a calamity inside his head.

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete @Kingmalikai

Sunny sat there contemplating the newly given information when Siegfried entered. She stood up and hugged him. "Thank God... I thought we would have also lost you." She gripped his shoulders. "We can't afford to lose anymore. Are you alright, Siegfried? I didn't know what happened until that monster called and said he had Star, I figured he might have gotten you. I can see I was wrong." She walked to the table and eyes the Doctor.

"Dr. Nodachi, I appreciate your work in the scientific community, I'm sure they'd love you in City-22, but allowing you to see your own creation which helped kill Leo Kingston and then tell me that you can magically make it go away by bringing him back is just too much. We already have a plan." She was about to open her mouth to speak again when the Doctor slammed his fist on the table, making Paragon even prepare to move. His large body like a tower.

"You don't understand, you buffoon! If you go there, he'll kill you. He'll kill the lot of you, every single one! He was created to literally kill threats like Kyon. I watched his invasion. Dragon-Lord battled with my son and didn't stand a chance. That was Jikoku playing, you idiot! That is why I'm here! With him at full power and Samuke, you will NEVER win. He could go a round with Galactic Shield, and you think you can storm the gates? Samuke will be waiting for you, predicting your move, anticipating it, and Jikoku is just hoping you accept the offer. If not, he wins. If you do, he wins. The only way you will stand a chance is with my help. I can bring your hero back, he hasn't been gone for long, and I can convince my son to work with you, or at least weaken him. A Trojan horse, if you will."

Nodachi's bellowing comment stunned Sunny as she took a step back before composing herself. "Fine, but Paragon shall accompany you when you see him." She looked over at Paragon who nodded back while he simply replied "justice" under his breath.

Sunny motioned the two heroes and the doctor to follow her as they entered the meeting room once more. She explained everything he told them. Nodachi spoke up, detailing what he did, who he was, and why he did it. (View above posts) "I may be able to fix the errors of my past and bring Gundan back, he was simply following the orders of those that could kill him and knew more about him than he himself did. He also knew no one else but them. But Samuke is the one pulling the strings. He's not like the others, he's not powerful, but he's smart. If you confront him, I only ask you be careful, please. As for Jikoku, he's weakest in his base form and has to be killed fast. He will toy with you, first, and kill you later," said Dr. Nodachi.

Dr. Nodachi was taken to the location where Gundan was being held and the body of Leo Kingston, too. He explained the Leo must have his body brought to his old lab, near City-10 and City-8, as his tech to do the work was already there. He was taken to the location, a cell in which his son sat. A large circular cage, like some rodent captured to be toyed with. He looked at Gundan with sympathetic eyes. "Gundan? Is that you? My, how you've grown. I guess being left in a tube might do that." He came into near contact with the cell, which was electric. Almost like Leo was always keeping him kept in a cell.

"Gundan, you need to listen to me, your brother, everything he has said is a lie. I know he told you I was killed, murdered by the Hero Association, but that was not true. Not completely." He said.

Sunny looked to the heroes around her. "We have six hours before we lose another hero. What we face might get us killed, but I have to ask if you are all ready? If you are, I will explain all you need to know and what we could do. But, please, talk among yourselves on what should be done." Sunny said. As she did, she knew a few other heroes would join soon, some of the Class A heroes of the top 10 roaster, who were currently busy solving other issues.

"Is there anything you and Star learned, Planeshifter, while at the lab?" Sunny then asked, looking to the hero. "Anything that might be of use to us."

@DemetrioMachete @ChimpMan @Joonster @Hanarei @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @Kingmalikai

Planeshifter's eyes softened when Sunny hugged him.. though soon after there was a twinge of guilt. He survived.. but apparently Star was still with the living? Knowing what an animal Jikoku was.. Siegfried believed he would have killed Star the moment after the ghost was out of his glittered hair. He simply didn't say anything...

So, it was Leo that died? Asmodeus never said who perished.. but Siegfried least expected the electric A rank hero to go down. Such a life ahead of him.. such a future. Could this "Nodachi" really bring him back? If he could, Siegfried saw no reason to deny him a chance..

Then, as Sunny mentioned the lab, Siegfried took a deep breath...

"Not much that you probably haven't heard already. The lot of them are biorobots made from Hero and M-B DNA.. That one with white hair showed up, Samuke was it? I could tell.. he's a smartie.. but compared to Jikoku, I think he is a weakling. Because.. Star and I walked out of that lab alive and with the intel we were looking for, but.. Again. We left alive. He didn't try to kill us at all, all he did was try to make Star look bad. That bastard wanted me to see things from his perspective.. make me turn against my brothers and sisters of the association. If he can fail to make me of all people want more than just money and good karma.. then I don't think he can be all that powerful by himself."

Pause for breath, Siegfried did.. and then he continued.

"We left the lab.. and after we arrived back the City we had a run-in with Jikoku.. I wanted to ambush him from both sides but Star was too hasty, when I tried to stop Jikoku.. he just threw me away. Didn't bother trying to kill me.. heck, I believe he doesn't think I can be killed.. ghost and all."

Not even Siegfried knew what would happen if he died again.. bt he wasn't in any mood to find out what would happen. With all that out of the way.. he needed to address something.

"Actually.. Miss Sunny, I would like to make some requests.. before we do this. Do you know a source of electromagnetism nearby? And.. may I stock on some armaments, before we move?"

@Colleen McJavabean

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

"F-father?" Gundan said, his eyes wide. He moved to hug his father, but stopped himself at the last second as he remembered where he was. The electric cage still hummed with the intensity of a thousand angry bees. The fact that he couldn't get closer to his father actually angered Gundan, and he felt weird. He rarely got angry at all.

"Gundan, you need to listen to me, your brother, everything he has said is a lie. I know he told you I was killed, murdered by the Hero Association, but that was not true. Not completely." Dr. Nodachi said. Gundan was still trying to wrap his mind around things. Samuke lying? Father actually alive? The hero association wasn't responsible for his father's death? Gundan absently gripped the side of his head, confused with a frown on his face.

"Father, I don't understand. Samuke wouldn't lie to me. He's my brother. Perhaps he truly thought you were dead. What would Samuke have to gain from lying to me?"

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete

Sunny looked at Siegfried. "Of course. Down the hall, there's a directory that will map the tower as to the electric room. At the basement you'll find, or should, anything that would be of use in terms of electromagnetism. As for armaments, take what you will. You have free reign," Sunny told him.

As sunny told Siegfried, she thought about his powers and what he could do. She also thought about Leo. Could he help Dr. Nodachi? If anything was evidence of an afterlife or at least a soul, it was Planeshifter. Maybe he could help Dr. Nodachi reeling in Leo's soul and anchor him back! But then again, Planeshifter's powers, while not low on the class level, seemed relatively untapped. With just what he had, he could do many great things, what else could he harness?

Sunny walked over to the end of the room and had a screen pulled out and used the projector. As it turned on, Sunny readied the rest, which would display an areal map of City-10. "As you all can see, this is City-10 from the sky. Locating Star and Jikoku, the enemy, will prove difficult due to the vast size of skyscrapers and underground activity, including a city under a city, in City-10. Sadly, many heroes are busy or do not wish to help on this task, and for understandable reasons. However, one Class-C hero offered to help. He should be here soon. For this mission, he will prove to be a vital tool in locating them. The one that needs to be defeated is skilled in martial arts and is extraordinarily powerful, physically. Think of fighting Dragon-Lord, or any strong hero." As she said that, an image appeared with Jikoku from City-1's Hero Festival. "Do anyone have an ideas as to how they want to defeat him? It doesn't have to be the best or even perfect, but just shoot out ideas."

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete @Joonster

Rin felt a spark inside her as she looked at the image of Jikoku she waited for a moment then asked. 'Yukari.' After a moment of nothing Yukari responded Rin could feel she was just as eager to fight him as she was. 'Yeah let's do it.' Rin's hand shot up and she stood as well. "I have a plan, me and this guy we think alike, I'm fast and with my blades I'm adaptable to any fight. If you can locate him I can guarantee I could do some real damage!" Her thoughts drifted back to when she first saw the blond bastard as she calls him. The way he treated Yukari like she was nothing but dust in his path Rin was determined to show him she'd find and kill this guy. It was now up to this Sunny if she'd do it as the hero Blade Queen or as the Monster Rin.
@Colleen McJavabean @ChimpMan @Joonster @Kingmalikai @Hanarei @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete 

As Hitomi listened to Sunny and Yukari, she couldn't help but to snicker at Chimp Man's response. "If it's the same as fighting Dragon Lord, then I'd want to put him down as fast as possible." She took a moment to look over to Dragon Lord sheepishly. ""No offense. You're just scary strong." She then turned her attention towards Yukari, her eyes serious as she spoke. "Damage is good, but remember how when various heroes attacked him at the festival he just dodged them like it was nothing. You heard the good doctor." Hitomi mentioned Dr. Nodachi, unsure of how she felt about the man. Sure he was a great help, but where had he been all that time? She shook her head. Now was not the time for distrust, especially when Star's life was on the line. "We need to find a way to attack him not separately, but as a unit." She looked around weighing everyone's reactions to what she had just said. Firefly knew it was easier said than done, but they had to at least try. She even shrugged and threw Chimp Man a small playful smirk. "Who knows? If this works, we'll get close enough to kick him in the balls. The main thing is that we utilize our powers to work together." Hitomi was sweating bullets now, hoping that the idea was a good one. 

"To gain your loyalty, Gundan," said Dr. Nodachi. His eyes looked tired and his face worn. "Perhaps I can get you to to come with me as I have work I must do for the Association. The boy, the one that died, I plan to bring him back. But, you need to understand how wrong you were and how Samuke's playing you."

While they spoke, a helicopter transported Leo's body near Gundan's location, at the old lab. There, men in combat suits with guns on their shoulder straps carefully carried his body inside. They would await Dr. Nodachi to do his work.

@Joonster

Siegfried would nod, thanking Sunny as he sought out the directory in question. Once he found the electric room, he wasted no time travelling there; turning ethereal and zooming to where it was. It was there, he rematerialized. He could feel his blood burning with a sudden hunger, not unlike a vampire gazing upon a maiden's exposed neck. With a sharp exhale, he began feasting; drawing the electromagnetic substances into his body. His blood veins began to glow, and his eyes rolled back into his head. His heart beat so fast, taking in new strength, as though it would burst any second!

Then, the ghost heard a beep, and his feeding ended. The electromagnetic energy within the room had been depleted. Planeshifter looked down as himself as his veins stopped glowing.. was it enough to tap into more potential? Suddenly, he fell to his knees as he began to heave. His stomach felt like it was twisting up inside him... oh no, he was gon a hurl!

And so he did, with a strained groan, puke up something onto the floor. It wasn't food or bile.. it was a white substance, giving off some sort of mist. The sick feelings Siegfried had before had just vanished.. was this his next evolution? He was hesitant to touch it at first.. but after mentally reminding himself that sinks and soap existed, and that this came from himself, he manned up, and stuck his hand into it.

The white substance was cold to the touch. It felt like rubbery liquid.. and as Siegfried tried to pull his hand out, he realized he couldn't. He gave another tug, and then another, and one massive pull after that, to no avail. With a sigh, he ghosted out of the adhesive substance, rematerializing afterwards, and feeling his now numbed hand.

"I.. I guess that's ectoplasm. Eugh.. and it's a powerful adhesive. Joy." Not wanting to think on it until he was in combat, Siegfried left for the armory. His visit there was far shorter, as he stashed up on weapons. Among them were a sledgehammer, a shotgun, a belt of grenades, and a new replacement knife. Now he felt ready for combat.. he returned to Sunny, his posture straightening with confidence. 

"Those bishonen bitches are in for something mighty unpleasant, pardon my french." he calmly boasted to Sunny, stretching out his legs.

"So when are we moving out?"

@Colleen McJavabean

Kicking him in the balls. So this was a thing now. Sunny sighed as she gave a scolding look at Chimp-Man, rather Chimp-'Boy'. "We... We could try that. I'm not sure that's the best plan. Besides, we don't even know if he has balls." Sunny commented.

Just as she finished, the door opened.

The alarm on his watch went off. Sasaki stood at the crosswalk, hoping it would turn green on the other lane so that he could move. He wore a white button up shirt, was skinny, and had black hair with a beanie on and his glasses. His right foot tapping the ground, first slowly but then more rapidly. He looked at his watch. It has been five minutes! OH, the Association was going to boot him for this. He has been failing to meet his weekly quota and now, when he was needed by them the most he would be late! Oh, mother warned against being late and how he'd be jobless and living in her basement. It seemed that might be partially true, considering half of it was already a reality. But the basement came with benefits.

Ding! The light turned green, so he took his first glorious step on the road. But, then a car dashed past his body, preventing him from going through. He flipped the bird to the driver. "Watch it, moron! You could have killed me!!!" Oddly enough, they stopped, got out, and from the card was possibly the largest man Sasaki has ever seen. It was like some hybrid of a very fat man, a giant, and a meat head. "OH, he might just very well kill me..." Sasaki's face turned pastel white as the man lumbered over to him.

"You got a problem, kid?" The large man towered over Sasaki, who was like... 5'5'" and this guy, he was a leviathan at possibly 6'5". 

Sasaki, whose mouth was ajar, shook his head and pulled out a badge. It was a gift from the Association to show he was doing "official" work. No one took it seriously. "You best watch it, man, I'm a hero and I work for the Hero Association. I got some powerful friends, you hear me? Why don't you head back into that clown car and drive away. I could.... End you in an instant." He said making a ridiculous pose.

This has no affect on the man who just grabbed the badge from Sasaki's hand, who held on tight enough that he was actually lifted from the ground before crashing down on his butt. The man squeezed and dropped the badge, turned into something resembling that of a crushed soda can. "That's what I think of you 'badge', 'hero'."

"I see," Sasaki said standing him and fixing his glasses as his eyes glowed red. "I'll have to unleash my truly devastating power then..."

Before Sasaki could do anything, he found himself laying on the ground, face beaten and a tooth loose. He stood up, popping his back. "Oh... that hurt. No one takes us Class C's seriously. He was lucky, I could have killed him in the blink of an eye." He smiled as he pulled his phone out and put it to his ear. "It's me... I was just attacked by a rabid animal of supernatural origins. I let him think he won so that he fills himself with false victory. Momo, out. Ale... Sai... Kangaroo." He closed his phone, speaking to really no one, but he wouldn't let that be known. He walked over to the end of the sidewalk, ready to cross when the light turned. No... not again.

Sasaki wasn't going to wait, so he made a mad dash! Jumping over cars like some badass fro ma movie. He was over on the other side in less than thirty minutes. "A-ha!" He looked at the road to smirk at what has proven to be a most difficult nemesis. He turned around to head to the branch of the Hero Association in City-2 when he hit the chest of a cop, who looked down at him with an annoyed look. Before he knew it, he had a ticket.

This was not his day, Sasaki just walked inside the branch, waving to the man behind the desk like he normally does, but in a sulking manner. He didn't even knock when he got to the room he was supposed to be in, he just opened it.

Sunny looked over to see him as Sasaki saw the many other heroes. Class B's and A's? Sunny never truly told him what his task was, just that it was important. He fixed his glasses again as he waved. "OH, hi."

Sunny walked over and noticed the bruises. "Sasaki, what happened to you?"

Oh no... He had to think of something quick while he was here, especially in front of all the women. He cleared his throat as he answered. "I was.. um, saving a baby that was in the middle of the road. I didn't have time, so I stopped the car by force, but then the driver got out and turned into a giant monster. I, of course, defeated him, but it was a tough battle. One that will sadly never be in the history books. But, I saved the day against this deadly threat and saved the young child!" He shouted with stark enthusiasm. Oh, they would totally by it as he stood there.

@ChimpMan @DaniBot @Joonster @DemetrioMachete @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei

Dr. Nodachi & Leo Kingston

For a short while, Dr. Nodachi spoke with his son, Gundan, but while he believed he made progress, Gundan didn't seem to show much at all. He only hoped he'd contemplate it. However, he had other things to attend. He said he'd bring back the Association's hero, Leo Kingston, and he would do just that.

With Paragon of Justice at his side, he was taken to the lab where the body lay on a metal table. He put on a coat that had been covered in dust while the armed men who brought the body had attempted to clean things up to his specifications. He motioned the men to take to cleaning and refilling the only tank that remained, Jikoku's former spot. He broke the other tubes that housed Samuke and Gundan, but it didn't matter as they only needed one.

"Why do you need a tank?" Paragon asked.

"Because, if this fails, I'll have another step already in progress," answered Dr. Nodachi.

He took a few tools and began to work at the body, hardened with a blacken crust from the intense heat of the electricity. Hours passed as he attempted to figure what would work and what wouldn't. All his attempts were to no avail. Leo's attack did a heavy number on his body. It looked as if he wasn't going to come back in this body. There was his second option, but it would take time. At this time, Paragon began to walk out. He mentioned that he was needed elsewhere, but the armed guards would stand guard.

"OK, let us recreate this process," he spoke aloud. He walked over to one of the main computer mainframes and began to work, typing at speeds that look inhuman. He had worked on this computer for over 20 years, so he was inherently used to the keypads. The computer began to come alive in the lab with the AI. Below the lab was another android body that was being built, it would have been the best of them all after the others turned out to be failures. This one was called Kai. He was never woken, but he could be and he lacked any true combat usefulness. After Jikoku's malfunction, that program was wiped. That body would be used. Part of it, at least.

Dr. Nodachi had the body brought up and took pieces of it and some of Leo's flesh and began to work on recreating a body in the computer. The benefit is that Leo Kingston would be able to live longer, lack any inherent human health problems, and he would physically be more durable and stronger than he was previously, but only at a level slightly higher than human peak. The drawback to this might be that he will be weak when he wakes, and he might have either no memory or lost some memory as to what he was, who he was, what he has done, or who others are. It could be simple and he might have no memory of his death. Maybe nothing happened, he wasn't sure.

The good thing about this, while his consciousness returned but remained in a temporal sleep state, he could mentally train and his body would adjust. He was still going to find himself severely weakened when he awoke. If he finished through the rapid creation and Jikoku or Samuke lived, he wouldn't fight them for a bit.

As he melded the DNA with the bio-robot's preexisting DNA, he filled the tank with the medical juice that would work the magic of building it. It would have a full body formed by the end of the deadline, assuming the nenobots worked their magic.

In the meantime, Dr. Nodachi tried to work on transferring the consciousness to the new body. He took the brain out and placed it in a tube to preserve it and connected wires to it. He typed in the codes and told the computer what to do. "I need you to extract all the information from this brain to the new one." The computer did as it was told and started to work on Leo's brain to reactivate the consciousness and move it to the new body when it was formed.

This would include electroshock to get the brain active once more, which would bring Leo back to a conscious state, but more in a dream state. He would find himself in a word or able to think, but in one created by himself, since he would have no ears, eyes, or a mouth to actually speak.

@Kingmalikai

Hitomi stood up with her finger pointed, still hyped about the power of teamwork. "Or we could.." She stopped as she was interrupted by Planeshifter talking to Sunny. "What did you guys.." She stopped and lowered her hand as Sunny scolded Chimp Man for his comment. "What.." That time the door slammed opened to reveal another hero. "Nevermind.." She whispered with a Shy One amount of timidness as she took her seat once more, her cheeks feeling warm from embarrassment. Why was she making suggestions? These were heroes that had fought against a demon. What plans from a Class B would help? 'Who am I kidding? I wouldn't even want to listen to me after everything I caused...' She thought clenching at her clothes and sighed again. 'But I'm still here so I need to listen' She scolded herself as she looked up to hear the new hero, "Sasaki" Sunny had called him, explain of his heroic deeds. After his story was finished, Hitomi's head tilted to the side confused as she asked a question out loud. The question wasn't to doubt the hero's story, but to question what was clearly a dangerous action.  

"Why would someone leave a baby on the side of the road?"

Heroes vs Androids

Sasaki laughed. He was already being questioned. "Oh, I don't know. OK... I lied." He fell to the floor in a depressed state. She was too smart to fall for his lie. Now everyone would know the fruad he was.

Sunny spoke to the heroes about what the plan was. They would try to pin Jikoku down before he could gain any strength and stop Samuke. She hoped they could use their skills to the best of their ability for this was the final confrontation.

She lead them all to the helicopters that took them all, including some top members of the Class A roaster, to City-10. The air there was colder, it was windy and still raining. But that wouldn't be an issue, and could prove to be a benefit to them.

The helicopters landed not far from the enemies, who remained waiting. Jikoku wanted a fight, so he wouldn't dare attack while they landed. He wanted them at their strongest. So he did just that; waited. Star next to him, still hurt. Jikoku's smile growing as he knew he would soon have some fun.

Paragon was already there, having left to join in the fight as Jellybean boy jumped in and Gluttony as well. He had his own helicopter because he was just so fat. However, Sasaki stood in front to help the heroes. He was only class C, so he was of no use, but he could use his eyes to aid them. His power was in his eyes and glasses which were like x-rays and telescopes. He could zoom in, as he did, and see if that was the threat.

His eyes glowed as he looked at the targets. White hair, blonde hair, devilish smile, they matched the appearances and he could see Star on the ground and badly beaten. "That's them. You guys go ahead, I'll, um... I'll just stay here and provide back up from afar. You know, make sure no one comes from behind you." That was a good idea, he thought, as he adjusted his glasses, hands shaking from fear. He didn't like being here, but it was a chance to be a hero.

Gluttony stepped forward, not being lazy for once. "Well, you guys ready?" He looked over at Hitomi, Yukari, Planeshifter, Chimp-Man, Crash, and Ashley. "If we don't stop these two... I fear all the fast food joints in City-10 and other cities could be in grave danger. I will not stand for this!" He got into a battle stance, feet shoulder width apart and fist at his side like he was charging up power. His blonde hair spiked up like some super powerful creature from space.

Paragon looked at Gluttony getting serious. What really happened was someone lied to him because that was the only way he'd actually do anything, and being such a high ranking hero with a very useful power, he was kind of needed in this fight.

@ChimpMan @Joonster @DemetrioMachete @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei

Rin was the first off the helicopter she pointed straight at Jikoku smiling she yelled. "Oi Blondie you remember me!? Course not with your brain you probably got the memory of a goldfish!" 'Yes please mock the killer android.' 'Hush FFE I'm working here.' She motioned for Jikoku to come her way sticking her tongue out like some child. "C'mon what are you scared! That bucket of bolts you call a brain only work when ya ain't kissing up to your bros there?" 'So this is how I die I always knew it'd be because of your mouth.' 'SHHHHHH!' She then began to mimic guns sounds as she pointed to him. "Boom headshot! Boom another one! Boom right through the heart and your too late you give androids a BAD NAME!" 'You've finally lost your mind.'

@Colleen McJavabean 

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

Gundan's sigh echoed in the narrow walls of his cell. Tired of the silence, Nodachi left a while ago. Gundan needed to think before he made the decision. He was torn between his father, who created him and gave him so much, and Samuke, his brother who had been there for him ever since news of their father's death. He couldn't imagine choosing one over the other. Not only would doing that mean the other would be hurt by such an action, it would mean that person would likely pay the price of betrayal. Gundan wasn't one to wish harm on anyone, but not everyone shared his life's philosophy. He wished they did, but even he knew that he was being a naive fool that was still clinging to the hope that they all someday would. But right now he was living in a world far from that of which he dreamed of. And in this world, he knew that as he sat in the cell while emotionally torn between two of his most trusted allies, someone was lying.

He started thinking, his brain working like clockwork. Nodachi's claim would make sense if Gundan didn't have doubt that Samuke wouldn't manipulate his brothers like pawns. He hadn't even heard Samuke's part of the story. He could speak to him telepathically. It's only fair, Gundan thought to himself, nodding as he hugged his knees with closed eyes. Making a decision that was created from only hearing one side of the story wasn't a logical way of finding the truth. Part of Gundan wondered if asking Samuke was wise. If what Nodachi said was true, then Samuke would try and manipulate Gundan, which Gundan would only see as a reassurance, blinded by his desire to believe his brother... over his father?

Gundan screamed, frustrated with himself. He wish he had his music. Or even just a nice picture to look at. It didn't matter who was right or who was wrong, someone was going to die or suffer in some way. Nodachi might be dead and that's just a clone that the association produced to try and get me to talk, he thought so himself, considering it both as a possibility and a explanation Samuke would use for manipulation. If Samuke was using Gundan and Jikoku as pawns, of course. It was a decision not yet reached, and GUndan had no idea how to go about it. Tired of being stuck in a cell with nothing to look at but electricity and grey, he sighed and rolled the dice.

"Brother," he spoke telepathically to Samuke. "Father is alive. Did you know about this?"

===========================================================

Crash considered all the information the doctor gave the heroes. Jikoku, the blonde android, stood before the heroes with a wide grin on his face, loving the attention and promise of a catastrophic battle. To him it was probably one of those hack-and-slash video games where there was one overpowered character who took on armies that consisted of only cannon fodder before taking on the big boss. But that was the good thing about the entire situation. Jikoku's weakness lay in his constant mistakes in underestimating his opponents. When one exceeded his expectations, he is convinced that the person is worth his time, so he tries harder because he believes he has to. Any competitive video game player worth his salt would know that in this very situation, with all that was on the line, it was incredibly stupid to "test the waters and power up" as the battle went on.

This asshole doesn't know how fast I am, Crash thought, looking at Nagoya, who lay at the ground beside Jikoku. Crash knew that saving Nagoya before unloading everything they had on Jikoku would be too predictable. Instead of get riled up like the rest of the heroes, Crash stood comfortably in the back, observing.

@ChimpMan @DemetrioMachete @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei @Kingmalikai @Colleen McJavabean

Planeshifter didn't hop off the helicopter. No.. Jikoku didn't need to know he was here. He was going to take him by surprise. With a deep breath, he turned Ethereal, floating off the helicopter. Everyone looked ready to fight. Siegfried had other ideas, though. What if Star was injured or killed in the fray? There was already guilt twinging in Siegfried's heart for failing to stop Jikoku the first time.. and second time. Now that he was armed, and powered up.. and with his allies on top of all that, did they have a chance? 

He looked over at the injured Nagoya.. an idea popped into his head. He knew he could take control of objects, but... what about a person? A lot of ghost movies Siegfried saw had a moment where someone had to harbor the spirit and be possessed by it. Could he do that? He had never tried before... maybe later, if it was dire. For now, he floated behind Jikoku, passing through Star as he readied himself to rematerialize. If he could spew that adhesive ectoplasm on his feet, it'd be so much easier to harm him, the ghost thought.

@Colleen McJavabean

@ChimpMan

@Nenma Takashi

@Hanarei

@DaniBot

Shy One looked over hearing a voice of Rin. She put on a light smile in response, Hitomi hand upon her shoulder adding more comfort in a way hearing her speak. It was around then things suddenly seemed to shift She went along onto the helicopter, still feeling uncertain but she wanted to at least try her best. She just had to make sure she didn't use her powers once. So long as she kept herself from using her abilities she would be fine... she had to be fine. Her heart raced as she clutched her hand over her heart breathing heavily, shaking her head stopping herself from having another panic attack.

Finally landed, Shy One kept herself in back, not able to do much. She was just a C-Rank hero, far to terrified of using her own powers in fear of losing control. She stood back holding her hand up seeing the androids. I... I'll do my best... even if I can just give moral support... I'm sure i can do something... I hope I can. She thought to herself looking forward, seeming a little uneasy hearing Rin speak up in such a way, worried she might draw the ire of the Androids and be viciously attacked due to it.

@Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @ChimpMan @DemetrioMachete @Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @Joonster

Dr. Nodachi

a3f72cf6bf75c959f6fa78db248691aa.jpg

As time passed, it would soon be the moment in which he would be called to go with the heroes, but he needed to make sure Leo would be brought back. His nanobots worked much more efficient and faster than he had previously calculated. Leo went from a simply cluster of 40 cells to an entire half torso and quarter head. From there the head formed but with one missing eyes, a full torso, one thigh, half an arm and strands of hair Begin to grow. The computer was already ahead of Dr. Nodachi as it transferred Leo's consciousness, doing all it could to prevent it from fully ceasing and trying to ignite it to life it like jumping a dead battery of a car.

Nodachi walked up to the glass and tapped. "Leo, can you here me? You must be slightly aware enough to know you've been in a long dream, maybe even passed into the afterlife? By now you should be able to hear my voice, even if muffled." He waited for something, but nothing happened. One of the armed solders tapped his own watch audibly to the doctor.

"It seems I must go, but Leo Kingston, you must try to wake up. Hopefully your body will be finessed soon. If you happen to wake before then, do not fret. You will be weak, but in time, stronger than you were before." Dr. Nodachi walked out as he had the computer take control. Leo's body, which was using cellular recreation with preexisting cells from his old body to simply make his body how it was before but with the slight modifications. To help have a body on the floor, the AI thought it best to activate Kai, the bio-robot never awaken.

When Kai was 'turned on', his eyes fluttered to find himself in a strange room, but everything was explained by the lab AI and that he had to help Dr. Nodachi complete his 'final' project. Kai, who was simply more of a robot mentally than living with its own will, did as it was told and stood by or moved objects as commanded. He'd be used to transfer and help Leo upon waking up.

@Kingmalikai

Jikoku & Samuke

"It looks like I'm the popular one here brother." Said Jikoku followed by a humoured laugh, the animosity, towards him specifically, almost palpable. "How flattering!" He turned to face his brother who gave him a very stern and unimpressed look. As expected, Jikoku and Samuke were akin to fire and ice. For his own entertainment Jikoku pierced his eyes towards the Blade Queen. "You're right, I don't remember. I don't name my lobster before boiling it." He said, licking his lips.

The battle lines had been drawn. The heroes stood in a line, stoic and ready to wage war for the future of humanity. Comparatively the androids looked to be waiting but not with any intense motivation. Akin to children waiting for their mother to call them for dinner. Clearly tired from waiting for these hopeless heroes to muster some sort of meager challenge, Jikoku grew bored and lifted Star up by the scruff of his neck as though he were a puppy. "Oh! Hey guys!" Said Jikoku in a weirdly creepy female-voice impression (It's not what he was made for okay?!). Jikoku hid behind Nagoya's body and used his hand to wave with the hero's, creating a sort of puppet-show out of the battered and bruised man. In the light of early-morning he looked truly beaten. Face cut, cheek swollen, eyes red and body - almost - lifeless as though void of willpower. "I'm so glad you decided to show up and di- I mean, save me. Oh boy! But... what's this? Gundan isn't here?!" - Jikoku used his fingers to press Star's mouth into a frown - "You know what that means guys!" 

The psychotic android placed his hands on Star's head, ready twist his head off until another helicopter made its appearance in the distance, "I do hope that's Gundan!" 

Eventually it landed slightly behind the heroes in view of the brothers. When the door slid open and Gundan hopped out in handscuffs, Jikoku smiled arrogantly. A smile which curdled as though he swallowed a bitter pill and was gone the instant he saw who else appeared with him...

Stepping out with a dirty old white lab coat with the pockets filled with his hands, Dr. Nodachi appeared with his messy hair, baggy eyes, and pale skin. "Jikoku..." His face went slightly calm, but became stern. "Samuke... I'm sorry things had to end up this way. It's not easy to do raise you and make you better when the Association holds a gun to your head. Even harder when plagued by deadly diseases. But you knew that, didn't you, Samuke?" 

Nodachi's eyes shot right at his snow white haired son, whose eyes remained unscathed by his apprance, rather, they looked irate, both for him coming and his comment.

"Then I'll simply have to make quick work of you." Samuke didn't turn to Jikoku, he didn't need to. "Yes, I lied, Jikoku. But you wouldn't have done your job had you known. Not right away, and time was of the essence. Not just stopping the Association, which you proved to be more than a match for, but saving our own lives, which our dearest father which to replace us with a more 'productive' child." 

Samuke turned to Jikoku with a stare that spoke truth. "Don't let his appearance get to you... That's why he;s here, to emotionally break you down so the heroes can stop you. Indulge in your fetish fantasy of fighting and killing. Father will not intervene, or I'll kill him. He's simply holding you back from your true potential. The potential to actually be fixed, mentally. Your shattered mind once again stitched back to its former place before his ruthless, uncaring, and disgusting treatment of you and I. You, most of all. Those needles. The training. All to be a tool for their own purpose. They made us as their 'mindless robots', and you as their weapon. Do not let yourself become their tool. Kill them and liberate yourself."

Samuke pulled his tablet out as the loading symbol was now at 99%. "Hold them off for just a few minutes and no one will stand in our way, brother. You, I, and Gundan can finally live in a peaceful world, one in which our lives can be happy on our own accord. We can shape the face of this planet at the stroke of a finger. And if you finish them... I can present you with an opponent that will make you scream with joy, dearest brother." 

Oh, Samuke wasn't lying. He looked at his father, knowing full well what it was he planned. His hope for it to be a trump card against Samuke and Jikoku would fall as his latest project would simply become a plaything for Jikoku.

"Asshole. Don't get the wrong idea." Retorted Jikoku without much care. "I'm going to rip that old fart's spine out. It's long past time for redemption. As for me and you..." - Jikoku sneered - "...We'll deal with our issues after the ants are disposed of." 

Holding up Nagoya Jikoku smiled devilishly. "You know the deal." Of course they did. But they also knew the moment the exchange was made, the fight for their survival would begin.

The android let Nagoya go first who fell to the floor and limped, wincing in pain with each and every step. On the other side, Dr Nodachi reluctantly let Gundan go, but not before the two of them exchanging one final glance as a reminder of what had been said between the two of them. Between the two groups Nagoya limped past Gundan. Star fell onto Dragon-Lord's shoulder needing support to stand up right. Meanwhile Gundan's handcuffs fell to the ground in two pieces. At first it seemed as though they fell of themselves as if it were magic. Some of the strongest heroes present were barely quick enough to realize what had just happened. Jikoku. He wanted to make a show by destroying them in such a rapid stroke it was barely visible to the human eye. He grinned arrogantly at the heroes and winked at them and then looked over his shoulder to his brother. 

"Go." He said Samuke authoratively. Calm and deliberate as ever. 

Then the blonde android was simply gone, a small crater where he once stood left in his stead. Some of the heroes were left clueless. Left? Right? In front? Behind? In the sky? No. Dragon-Lord's eyes widened at the realization. "WATCH-!"

The earth exploded beneath them as if made by paper mache. Dust filled the atmosphere around the heroes. The only thing visible within: Inhuman glowing eyes burning as bright as the earth's core, fueled on rage and bloodlust. After all, if the angels came from above; the demons came from below. 

Jikoku stood in the middle of every hero present with his arms folded expectantly, surrounding himself on all sides, purposefully. 

The final battle had begun. 

@Colleen McJavabean @Joonster @Kingmalikai @Nenma Takashi @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete @Hanarei

It was at this point Rin began to think she had made a mistake as Jikoku seemed to be nothing but a blur to her eyes she tried following his movements but found it near impossible. 'Careful Rin he's a lot faster than any speedsters we fought in the lab!' 'Yeah no shit some speedsters those idiots were!' With the fraction of a warning she got from Dragon Lord Rin she then watched as the ground around them shattered and crumbled. "WOAH!" 'WOAH!' The two both said shocked by the androids attack. Rin decided to take the clear bait and kicked off the ground at Jikoku. 'Rin don't it's a trap!' 'Yeah I know!' She faced her elbow towards the android and sprouted a fully extended 9 foot straight blade from her elbow. At this point Rin was sure she couldn't take on Jikoku alone but she could be one hell of an annoying fly. She also knew she couldn't get too close as she could get brunt by his fire. But she couldn't stay too far away cause she didn't have any long range attacks so she'd have to keep all fighting to mid range. That or she could kiss her pretty little butt goodbye and Rin was not about to do that.

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @Joonster @Kingmalikai @DaniBot @DemetrioMachete @Hanarei

Once the chopper landed, Hitomi walked and looked around at her surroundings. So this was where they were going to fight. Once her gaze fell on Jikoku and Samuke, she froze in place. Various emotions running through her mind, fear and anger being the most prominent ones. It seemed that her trance was broken when Gluttony addressed her. She slowly nodded and waved her hands in the air. "My powers aren't really meant for defense. Thanks to the rain, I can provide a smoke screen if need be." She chuckled nervously trying to calm herself before her legs started to tremble. 'This isn't good. At this point, they'll be able to smell the fear off of me.' If anyone was still watching her, they'd notice her smiling but punching her legs. It was a weird thing to do, but she thought that the pain would take her mind off of the fear. Firefly's eyes widened in shock as Jikoku held up Star, using him like a puppet. In that moment, anger preceded over the fear as she clutched her hands into fists. "Bastard..." She hissed, hating the knowledge that there was nothing they could do to get Nagoya away from the two androids. They'd just have to rely on Nodachi and Gundan.

Once the switch had occurred and Star was back with the heroes, Hitomi's eyes stayed fixed on Jikoku. She felt flames enveloping her hands as she continued her glare. When she blinked however, she was welcomed with a crater where the blonde android used to be. "What the hell?" She muttered as she looked around. The silence between the heroes broken by Dragon Lord's urgent command. As the earth crumbled beneath her, Firefly struggled to regain her balance before frantically looking around. Everything was obscured by dust except the piercing gaze of Jikoku's red eyes. It seemed that he had surrounded himself, just like he did at the festival. As she looked into the bloodthirsty look of the tank, she yelled out. "I don't get it. What makes you think that killing more people is going to stitch together your mind and bring you peace?" She kept her gaze on him but observed Yukari bringing out her weapon out of her peripheral . Everyone seemed to be aware that Jikoku had laid a trap, waiting for someone foolish to attack. 

"Brother, stop it!" Gundan cried, his voice echoing throughout the streets of the city.

"This is fucked up," Crash muttered to himself, thinking out loud due to the panic. "I didn't know he was this fast!" The butt of his Survivor steel peaked out of his suit, and he drew the sword as swift as a seasoned cowboy drew a pistol, the sound of hissing steam ringing in the air. The blade caught the light of the sun and sought to bury itself into Jikoku's chest. The entire act was instinctive. By the time he realized what he was doing, it was too late to stop himself. So much for the plan B he had thought out in his head. Appear as passive and harmless as possible and try - at least try - to talk it out with him. But Crash couldn't help himself. He couldn't remember the last time he talked it out with an enemy- hell he couldn't remember doing it at all. Fighting was instilled in his blood, and it seemed his body was able to remember it a hell of a lot better than he could.

Blade Queen was attacking with him, and the other heroes wouldn't be far behind. That was a bad thing for a lot of reasons but Crash knew it didn't matter. Attacking Jikoku with an unexpected assault would have been the most effective action. But considering how fast the android moved, it was obvious that he was already fired up to the point where even an unexpected attack wouldn't have worked. Had to have been what Samuke said to him earlier. Crash had heard the entire conversation. By the sound of things, Samuke was almost done with his plans. Crash didn't know if anyone else heard what was going on, but he did, and he'd be damned if he wasn't going to do something about it.

Can't let something fester into something worse, he thought to himself, feinted another swing at Jikoku, and then activated his thrusters to dash backwards. Upon his departure a grenade fired from his wrist that those who noticed would later find to be a dud. His feet touched the building for little less than a second before closing the distance between Samuke and Gundan at break-neck speeds. And just like that, with his Survivor Steel sailing through the air, he was upon Samuke, his wrist compartments open, his thrusters activated. "Gank- are you fucking kidding me?!"

==========================================

Gundan's threads grabbed hold of the Suited Savior and slammed him down to the ground. "Stop it, stop it, stop it!" Gundan said, then sighed to release some of his frustration. "I've had enough of the senseless violence, the deception, the frustrating thinking. Brother, do you know how hard it was for me to come to my decision? I had to choose between you and father, and now you openly admit that you lied. You lied to both me and Jikoku, and yet you expect us to continue to trust you and do your bidding as if nothing has happened. What else have you lied about, I can't help but wonder. Why should we continue to hurt these people?"

Two things rolled at the ground on the ground. Gundan eyed them, eyed the Suited Savior and saw that the wrist compartments were open. Grenades. Both the incendiary grenade and the flash grenade exploded right in Gundan, Samuke, and the Suited Savior's face.

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @DemetrioMachete @DaniBot @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei @Kingmalikai

Users who are viewing this thread