Chapter 2: The Beauty in the Beasts

As the hammer came down, the pain followed with it. Despite this, he found himself still retorting. "Ha. No, I regret not killing my brothers. If I did, many of you would be dead anyways." He laid down and stared at the sky as he was defeated. He managed to form one last weapon from his icy grip. "Maybe I was wrong... It's hard to admit something contrary to what you've worked hard on and truly believed. Was my ambition truly this sinister? Maybe, but it would have been for the better of the planet. You understand that, don't you, Siegfried?" His eyed went back to the hero. "You're willing to go more to the extreme than most heroes. My knees and hand are evidence of that. I could see the intent to kill in your eyes." His eyes rolled back to the sky.

"I won't lie, a part of me feels this was bound to happen... destiny, if you will. It disgusts me to think we're all pawns of fate. Well, that's what the ignorant call it, in truth it's just physicists. Even quantum physics has a pattern. Those in City-2's labs that devote their life to science failed to see that. Blinded by ambition to be the first. Can you imagine your fate determined for you? The repulsive thought that your choice never is your own. No free will. I'm sicken by the idea of being the toy of something above us all. But maybe this is the rambling of a madman." As he finished, Samuke quickly stabbed his heart, attempting to end himself. He winced at the pain with blood coming from his mouth as he coughed.

"I want to say one last thing... Aside from being wrong, we share a common interest. Deny it if you wish, you wouldn't allow yourself to be overthrown and killed with your species by a looming threat. I take it you didn't fight me simply because of money, as you cleared. Before we attacked the headquarters in City-1, I found an object approaching earth. I thought it was related to the demons or something of use I would use for my experiments. The object is an asteroid the size of size arenas. I promise that if I found it, so did those in City-22, but unsure of where it will go and unaware I removed control of the Hero Associations control of their satellite. Sadly, for some, the Hero Association, I promise you, will never recover from the scars placed on it. Between my brothers and myself and the invasion of City-5, they will be much weaker. But they just organize, the defense is in the heroes with determination and tenacity. From what I calculated, that asteroid shall arrive in a little over 6 months from now. I also assumed the demons might return. I doubt something as they themselves would take such a push back lightly.

"Whatever the threat is, I hope maybe you heroes.... Hopefully you'll do the job better than I assumed. In the end of my goal and ambition, I only wanted what was best for the species of the planet. It's in my DNA. Coded. When I spoke of fate, I did mean determinism by physics, but also that I have less control over my action than you. What I did was what I was created to do. My sole purpose. It was never something one could take pride in accepting that they were made just for the goal and purpose of your makers. That's why I have such hate for the Association. We're the monsters they created... but enough of my rambling..."

Samuke laid there as he felt himself become cold, blood dripping from the ice in his chest. "If I'm to die... it will be on my own terms, not yours, the Association, or my father... but my own." He began to see his past flash before his eyes. His time as a child in a cold metal room with wooden floors. This day he finished some complex puzzle and was put against two men to play chest. A little device allowing them to speak in their minds so they could team up. Yet Samuke still beat them with a bored look. If it wasn't puzzles or games, it was reading. These humans before him would see what Samuke had done and try to beat him by anticipating his actions and the best way to win. That was their mistake. Those who try to win lose. Samuke, on the other hand, didn't try to win. He just tried to beat their every move. They had so many pawns and they could only move in so many areas. He could calculate every possible move. They could only go here, here, and there. If they did this, he'd do that. He thought of hundreds of ways they'd move and how ti beat them in every order. They had no choice but to follow those orders, they were restricted by the rules of the game. Much like life. Like a fool would always be a fool. He'd delude himself to be a better person, but that would be to no avail.

"Where are my brothers?" He asked as a young child. A tall man in a suit, face covered by the blinding light of the room pointed to a room that showed both brothers, each in their own room. Gundan in a room with toys and then Jikoku strapped to a chair. It looks horrid, but he couldn't feel anything. No care for what he suffered. I wouldn't be until later that he would use his brothers hate and abuse of him and his brothers against these people. They had no choice. This was their creators will. They were their objects to be used as they wished.

Everything faded as his eyes closed and darkness encompassed his consciousness.

@DaniBot@DemetrioMachete @Joonster@Kingmalikai@Shammy the Shamrock@Hanarei @ChimpMan

Siegfried paused as Samuke stabbed himself. This.. he wasn't expecting. Such a destructive individual. Responsible for the deaths of Gundan and Jikoku.. and now responsible for his own death. Siegfried rematerialized.. a look of disappointment crossing his face as his bloody arms fell limp and lost grip on the hammer, which clanged by his feet.

Everything Samuke was saying.. Planeshifter didn't think an artificial creation could suffer delusions, or speak words it doesn't intend to.. so he took everything Samuke said seriously. To him.. it told him they were in between a rock and a hard place. Demons.. and an asteroid. When it really came down to it, Siegfried thought to himself, he could fly to space as a ghost, possess the meteor, and send it off course.. but due to the instability of space, it would likely mean his death as he was forced out of his ethereal state, in space. That was a risk he didn't want to take.. for he felt like a death in space was far too painful. Hopefully they could think of something else, before then.

Siegfried knelt down by Samuke, no pity in his heart.. But still, he felt he should comfort the fallen enemy; lay his fears to rest.

"Something to think about, as you move into the afterlife.." Siegfried took a deep breath, and whispered.

"The good guys always win. As long as there is at least one person fighting for justice, survival, and preservation.. that drive to win will no sooner shatter reality to pieces, than allow evil, extremism or omnicide to prevail. Yeah.. I wouldn't know about fate, or anything like that.. but if there is one true law of the Universe, no matter how silly it sounds.. it's this: Good Guys, Heroes.. us desperate for survival against demons, cyborgs and monsters.. we will always prevail in the end. Asteroids.. Demons.. bullocks to the lot of them. We'll find a way to deal with both."

He sure was taking an awful long time to die. Siegfried stood back up.. trembling. He couldn't stand up for long, as his arms, squirting blood from his punctured arteries were quick to remind him of that. He fell to the ground, beginning to lose consciousness.

"O-oh right.. I was bleeding out.. yeah.. Sigh, sometimes.. this job just plain sucks." Hopefully.. he thought. Hopefully Hitomi and the others are alright. Who and all survived? He couldn't get up and tell at the moment, as blood started to pool under him.

@Colleen McJavabean

@DaniBot

@ChimpMan

@Kingmalikai

@Hanarei

@Shammy the Shamrock

@Joonster

Chapter 2 Epilogue

The entire event was captured from satellite feed for members of the Association to watch from City-2. Sunny gave the go to have transportation to pick the heroes up and to collect the bodies. Medical treatment was provided at the nearest hospital in City-10 or one of their choice in their home city.

As the days followed, the Association did what it could to clean its name and fix the damage it caused. This left Sunny being promoted due to her aid after the attack in City-1 and her steps to recognize those who saved lives, feeling their recognition was of the upmost importance. 

Crash was among the causalities the Association would honor following his death. The memorial was held in his home city of City-1. The pale haired hero's casket was lowered into the ground with a monument that held a brazier to have a fire going.

"The Suited Savior, or Crash Jarvus, was a hero with a big heart. Even when all seemed lost, his give-no-fuck attitude stood out on the day of his death, which may have led to his demise, but the end of an evil that threatened us. Not in power, but morale... in stark emotion. He seemed to fear nothing, and stood face to face with evil that was willing to kill anyone and everyone, and eyed it down. Tenacity, bravery, sacrifice. He embodied them all. With his death, we hope the remnants of his essence will inspire future heroes what it means to stand up when others will not. He was one of the few who saved many of our lives. And for that, we're forever in his debt."

In the crowd was some of his friends and partners and others who knew him, even by blood.

Over the days, reports about a body found in City-10 near a bar was discovered with Samuke's finger prints. This explained where the reactorcycle came from and connected the dots to the death that was shadowed by the large battle.

Sunny had ordered medals to be made and to be presented to the likes of Dragon-Lord, Firefly, Planeshifter, Crash, and more for their deeds.

~*~

Since the day of the final battle, Nagoya remained in the hospital. His body was badly beaten by Jikoku, and felt terrible for rushing in without Planeshifter. He hoped the guy didn't hold it against him, if it ever crossed his mind, but more could have lived had he waited. On the other hand, was his capture what brought them all there and ended it? Was it for the better? After all he learned, he didn't seem to care. He was weak. Leo, Crash. They died. The civilians, the cities. Everything was destroyed every time someone attacked. He felt so weak and unable to do anything about it.

He thought back to the event in City-5 when the demons invaded. He rushed after Galactic Shield after he flew off and arrived to find his mentor killed. He rushed in and did what he could but was overwhelmed by the flying demons. When it came to the boss, Leo and Crunch handled it like pros while he was knocked out near the end. His fist clenched the hospital blanket in anger. Even Planeshifter landed a deadly hit on him.

Then there was Jikoku. His elusive movements and fighting overwhelming him like some child. His grin spoke of confidence like it was a game. Even when he hit him, it was nothing. He was just a plaything for the android built to fight. Then there was the big battle where he hardly could do a thing when everything went down. Had he went full ionization, he could have saved Dragon-Lord... but he could hardly move.

Then.... The memories. That had started flooding back. His atrocious actions before becoming a hero, those he killed, all of it disgusted him. And how the Association took him like some product. As if he too was the same as the androids. He couldn't face them and see them the same again. So much anger burned in him he could swear his gut was getting warm.

~*~

A nurse knocked on the door of Nagoya's room. "Hello? I'm coming in." She turned the knob and entered the room, facing the door, she closed it and turned to face her patient. "Mr. Nagoya, I grabbed some fresh blankets for... you.." she stopped when she saw the bed was empty and the window open. The autumn air blowing in. "Oh no..." She then ran off to tell the doctor of his disappearance. A note was left on the table in his writing.

~*~

Sunny was alerted of the disappearance and the note when one of her secretaries came in. "What do you mean he "quits"?! He just left a note saying he left the Association?" She picked up her phone on her desk. "I need you to track Star's location, now! And find me Leo Kingston!"

Hours later, Nagoya was facing the wilderness close to City-10. This direction led to no form of civilization for thousands of of miles. It was part of the uninhabited lands and used for forest restoration of wildlife protection. He looked back and could see the skyline of his home in the background. He held his left hand up as his hand was coated in plasma and stabbed the back of his neck. He winced at the pain as he pulled something out, dropping it before walking forward, using his plasma to sear the wound from bleeding out. He had nothing on his bout a hoodie, leather jacked, large travel backpack, and pants. "I don't need the Hero Association. When I return, I'll be stronger than I ever have, without their help. They can burn for all I care."

With that, Nagoya faded off into the distance into the wilderness, unable to be tracked by the Hero Association or anyone, in nothing but dense forestry.

(Another story will be up soon, but is considered a side-mission. Chapter 3 will not be as long as this one was, thank god, and will involve a time-skip from autumn - where we are not - to mid-spring/early-summer. This is just to wrap things up. Anything else involving people like Sunny interacting or Leo is up to you guys and @Kingmalikai)

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @DemetrioMachete @Joonster @ChimpMan @Shammy the Shamrock @Hanarei

Yukari and Rin had gone home back their book store in city 22 Yukari sat in her bookstore a closed sign hanging from the door. She laid her head on the desk a register and a pile of books covered. The entire book store had mountains of books in it. Yukari just stared off into space thinking about her fight with the androids she was beginning to wonder just what it meant to be a hero. Did she of all people truly have a right to be called such the heroes she read about in her books were so different compared to her. Theybwere brave, kind, out going, and most of they always made the right choice. The ones that failed to save people cried about the lost of those lives they couldn't save. Yukari on the other hand couldn't remember the last time she cried she put a hand to her eye using her finger she poked at the area around her eye. "Rin do you think she took away our ability to feel sorrow during the experiments? In order to create the perfect weapon she erased our ability to care about who we kill or who dies?" Rin didn't have a sure answer all she could respond with was. 'Of course not you just didn't know Crash and Leo is all. It's fine you're fine.' Yukari slowly raised her head from the desk and clenched her fist.

Swinging it she knocked over a pile of her books shaking her head she grabbed both sides of her head with her hands. "No its not! I'm not fine! I wanna cry for them for all those kids we killed! They didn't deserve it yet we did it to save our own asses! I wanna cry for Leo he was nice we should've cried for him! Crash was doing the right thing he was a real hero yet he's gone now I should cry for him! I wanna cry for...for I WANNA CRY FOR THOSE ANDRIODS!" She put her head back down. "They were so much like us, yet we couldn't save them we couldn't help. All we did was call them monsters but we're nothing but hypocrites, they didn't choose to hurt others it was their programming. But we choose to kill those kids no matter their begging we ignored it covered our ears and shut our eyes." Yukari sat back in her chair staring at the ceiling. 

"I just want something to tell me I'm still human, that she didn't turn me into some kind of walking weapon. I don't wanna be Subject B25 living weapon. I wanna be Yukari Tanaka Book Store owner and Licensed Hero." Rin understood her wishes she understood them more than anyone. Yukari's very will to not become a monster is what created Rin she knew this. 'You aren't a monster Yukari. Trust me I should know.' Yukari didn't respond she just closed her eyes tightly trying to squeeze out some tears but nothing. Just a bitter taste in her mouth and an ache in her eyes.

Due to his injuries, Siegfried Yonlenschtaufel was confined to a City-3 hospital. The doctors there diagnosed that he not only had intense lascerations from Samuke's assault, and immense blood loss, but minor frostbite, as well. If they couldn't work a miracle, they would have to amputate his arms. It was a disturbing thought to the ghost.

Whenever he could, he attempted to have letters commissioned to other heroes that he knew; Sarutobi, Nagoya, Hitomi, Rin, and others among them. He would inform them that he was still alive, but he might return about 30 pounds lighter if they couldn't save his arms. The letters concluded with a request to visit whenever they could. It saddened him when he realized Nagoya had just up and left..

Siegfried had a lot of time to think to himself, alone in the hospital bed. Staring up at the ceiling, his mind entered that mystic trance of thought one could only achieve when zoned out, high, or both.

"All this nonsense in the world.. how can we ever say we live peaceful lives? Demons exist, ghosts exist, killer robots.. heck I think following that we need an attack of damn.. Cotton Candy Creatures. Heh.. I'd write that down, but I uh.. can't. Arms and all.." he sighed, as he shifted his body, to look at his arms.. He felt a sharp pain. To him, that was a good sign. If his arms could still feel pain, the nerves were still functional. They could save his arms in due time!

During Planeshifter's absence, a new Hero rose quickly through the ranks to class B. It was a short man who was built like an avatar of athleticism, almost always clad in his hero attire, consisting of gray wrestler spandex and a matching luchador mask. He had dark, tanned skin, an auburn beard with streaks of gray, and typically carried a scent of sweat and beef. This was Francis Meadley, aka, the Luchadwarf. Relatively unknown to the other heroes due to being guided by his therapist, he was told he would need to start socializing now that he was Class B. Francis looked forward to it, eager to have a new "coach"...

Darkness just like in the power plant. That was what Hitomi found herself walking through. She had no memory of how she got there or no idea on where to go, but she just kept walking. As she walked, she gradually started to hear voices around her. They started off as whispers but as time passed, they became louder and jumbled together. 

"Reckless.."

Hitomi instantly turned back as she heard a voice clear as day. The voices were still very much mumbled, concerning her as to where they were coming from. "H..Hello? Is anyone else here?" She called out, turning in the direction she was facing and taking a few steps forward before she heard the next voice. 

"Completely dangerous. How did she manage to get this far?" She froze at the statement. She knew it was directed towards her, but where did it come from? "How can you manage to stand there after what happened? Aren't you supposed to be a hero? Do you think you can just accept your praise and go to sleep at night?" Her eyes widened as the voice went from unrecognizable to one she remembered. One she remembered very well. She turned to see if Jikoku was right behind her, but was instead greeted with the sight of her fallen comrades. Crash, Dragon Lord, Leo, Star, and the rest of the heroes laid bloody and defeated. Hitomi took a step back, her heart pounding fast and hard. "H..How did this? When did this happen?" She asked with a shaky breath as she felt herself bump into another person. Firefly quickly shut her eyes, fearing that she had just ran into the tank, but was taken back by a voice. "Don't you remember? After all, they all fell saving you..." That voice...was almost the same...no. It was her voice! But how?! When she turned around, she was greeted not by the androids but by a perfect copy of herself. "No! I just got here. I would have helped if I had known.." Hitomi began to stammer out excuses as her doppelganger shook her head. "Sadly it's the truth. They all fell as you watched on helplessly. It was almost as if you killed them yourself..." The clone cruelly stated as she pointed towards the original's hands. Hitomi slowly looked down to find her hands drenched in blood and let out a piercing scream.

Hitomi jerked up in her hospital bed and looked down to find that she had started a small little flame in the sheets. "Shoot shoot shoot!" She hissed as she did her best to quickly put out the flame. Sadly, she wasn't fast enough to prevent the burn hole that would forever be a part of the sheet. Once Firefly had avoided that crisis, she looked around at her surroundings. The interior of the building was one that she had grown accustomed to, but not as a patient. She was in the same hospital in City 1 as her dad. When had she gotten here? How long was she out for? The last thing she remembered was fighting Samuke off until Siegfried could come in. After that, she blanked. As her senses came to, she noticed the IV attached to her arm pumping the fluids that she needed back into her body. There was even a large cup of water at her bedside. Without thinking, Hitomi snatched it up and started to gulp down the cold, clear liquid. Her throat rejoicing as the water was chugged down. As she slammed down the cup, she heard the door open and smiled slightly at the sight of Sachi and her mother. Their eyes had looked like they had been crying for a little while prompting Hitomi's smile to fade. She was sure that they had been worried sick. Hitomi's mother was the first to run and embrace her daughter in a gentle, but firm embrace. Hitomi held onto her mother, staying silent as the embrace lasted a good five minutes. 

Once her mother had finally let go, Sachi finally walked forward and glanced at Hitomi. "Thank god you're alright. For a second, we believed that we had lost you as well...." Hitomi's mother instantly shot Sachi a look as Hitomi looked at them both, "What do you mean 'as well?' What else happened?" She hadn't noticed but by now, her heart started to race. Hitomi's mother sighed and looked into her daughter's eyes, her's tearing up again. "Honey...we didn't want to tell you this right away...."  The older woman took a pause as Sachi walked behind her rubbing her shoulder. "But your father passed....while you were at your fight..." Hitomi blinked for a moment, taking a moment for everything to sink in. After a few moments, she grabbed her chest for the second time, all of the pain hitting her like a truck. A part of her knew that it would probably happen eventually, but it was still too soon. Everything had happened too soon. Leo and Crash's deaths, all of the androids killing each other, even Dragon Lord jumping to save her. She had been so focused on bringing Samuke down that she hadn't had the proper time to mourn. Sachi and her mother looked on as Hitomi's face became red as she clutched the covers to her hospital bed sobbing out for everyone she had lost. 

Hours After The Androids "Bio Robots" Deaths...

City-10 was much quieter than the last time Leo had visited.  To be fair, Leo thought, The last time I visited was during that special festival.  So people were of course much more active.  Sighing, Leo settled down into the uncomfortable square bench.  Currently he found himself at the City-10 train station waiting for a train that would take him to where he believed the current Heroes Association Headquarters were temporarily stationed.  After the androids had died, Though I guess the terminology is actually Bio Robot.  Doesn't sound as intimidating but I guess that's a plus seeing how it's what I am now. Leo decided that it would be best to get into contact with whoever was the current head of the Association and speak on all that had happened.  For now though it would be best if he could get some sleep, Leo's eyes drifted over to the windows of the station where darkness had largely overtaken the sky.   The city itself remained as bright as ever.  Just as he had settled down the train he was waiting for was signaled, "Now calling for passengers to City-5."  A robotic voice spoke over the speaker system of the train station, fulfilling the job that at one point a human may have taken.  Leo stood up and made his way onto the train.

Leo was about to grab one of the handles but stopped when he saw a familiar face.  Across the empty midnight bus stood a blonde-haired individual who was clearly trying not to be noticed by anybody.  Unfortunately for him, Leo recognized who it was instantly.  Walking over to the lone person he tapped on their shoulder, "You're a little easy to spot y'know."

Nagoya looked up to see a familiar face. He was unaware of Leo's return. "Leo..." He recalled how he heard the information, which only came from a demon before his fight with Jikoku. "I thought you died." 

Leo awkwardly put a hand to the back of his head before lowering it back down to his side, "Y-yeah I..." Sighing Leo attempted to put both hands in the pockets of his jacket before realizing he no longer had his jacket.  Instead he was forced to just lazily keep them at his side, "I kind of did die, but it's a little complicated.  To make matters simple we'll just say that I did die.  I was brought back by some Dr. Nodachi, I think that's how you say his name.  Honestly I'm fine, but what about you Na-St-hrm... I don't what name I should call you by because I don't think we've had this long of a discussion."  Leo laughed quietly at that before pressing on, "I suppose it would just be Nagoya.  Anyways back on track, what are you doing on this train?  Specifically what are you doing here dressed up in a dark sweater trying to conceal yourself?"  Leo felt the train rock as it began to move, he quickly grabbed onto one of the poles to keep himself steady.

"I'm leaving the Hero Association," Nagoya commented. He looked out the window that showed the hills and trees in the distance. He watched as the scenery moved behind the train as they moved. "I don't plan to come back, at least for a while. There's... a lot I have to think about by myself. Alone. To face my demons as I'm sure we all have." He then turned the conversation back to Leo. "I think the real question here is why are you on the train?"

Leo stared out the window just as Nagoya did, looking at everything passing by, "I'm not sure.  Unfortunately life doesn't provide a place that has only good intentions in mind.  Every organization always seems to have it's public agenda and then a hidden, more important goal to themselves.  I think I'm heading back to the Heroes Association base in City-5, I'm pretty sure I heard that's where the temporary headquarters has been set up, but... I'm not sure if they are truly focused on saving the world anymore.  It seems as if so many people get hurt when they shouldn't and the Heroes Association isn't doing what it could to save them.  So I'm conflicted of course over what I want to believe and what's likely true."  Shaking his head Leo turns to look at Nagoya again, "It's a shame to hear that you're stepping away from the Association, and I'm sure they'll be upset at not having you around either.  I personally would have wanted you around to say that I'm not the most powerful in the association, but it seems as if powerful heroes are vanishing or otherwise getting sent out of combat left and right.  It's frightening to think that I may eventually be the most powerful hero in the Association."  Leo leaned against the pole.  He had begun to lightly shake from the cool weather seeping into the train.

A sigh escaped Nagoya as the train zoomed by. These trails were but the same type Leo used to transport himself to City-5 when the demons attacked, and yet that was also his destination. "You shouldn't. Truth is," he looked up at Leo, "you're the next great hero. Like Dragon-Lord. Like Galactic Shield. You were very pivotal when the demons arraived. You stopped Kyon, we just helped."

"When I arraived to see my mentor, and apparant charge as a slave of the Association, I was not able to stop even those weak flying ones from breaking my skin. I was knocked out by Kyon. You, with the others, defeated him."

"You gave your life, not knowing you'd return, to save others to stop the androids. I recklessly charged after Jikoku and was beaten like a child to a grown man before I could even unleash all of my power... Even in the final battle, people died... I couldn't do a thing."

"You see, despite my current attitude towards you, I find myself harboring some disgust at how weak I am and how little I could do while you've done so much. Envious. That's why I'm leaving, before the darkness inside me wraps itself around my heart and I do something reckless. You guys are better off without me. There's much training I must do before I return. Both physical and mental. I can't be around with someone so similar to me, forcing me into a state of competitiveness."

As Nagoya sat back, he thought a little about Leo's comments on the Association. "If anyone is to save the Association, it would be you and the others. Besides," he bent forward and looked up at the blonde hero, "they're nothing but a shell of their former selves now. I'm sure even you can see that, can't you?"

Leo listened to Nagoya's story silently, and only as he finished did he clear his throat and begin to speak, "Even so, I'm going to miss having you around... and yes, I can see the cracks in the Association."  A silence overtook the train.  Leo was thinking about all that Nagoya had said, especially the part where he said that he was jealous of him and it took a few minutes before Leo spoke again, "To be honest, I've been envious of you as well.  You've always been shown in such a positive light and it seems as if you're always in the right.  Even now it feels like you're doing the morally just thing and I'm just... I'm just settling."  Leo sighed and felt the train begin to shift as it slowed down for it's first stop.

"No," he said as the momentum from the train eased. "What I'm doing is out of hate, greed, lust. If I may, for a second... A few days ago, I had a dream. Lucid, but obviosuly not real. It was the world in a color of crimson, orange, and black. Dead littered a world of fire. What if the demons had returned and the world couldn't stand against them?" He shook his head at the thought. "I don't want to live in a world where we are few and the many are stacked against us." 

The  train stopped and Nagoya stood up. His attire was that of jeans, a  ruffled shirt with a heavy leather coat on. He threw a single stringed  duffle bag over his shoulder, walking forward with heavy boots just  below his knees. He stopped as he approached Leo's side. "You're the  hero they need, not I. Protect them, won't you?" He looked into Leo's  eyes. "You're more capable than I, and Dragon-Lord is out of commission.  The Association, if it is to survive as a morale beacon, it needs a  class of heroes. A new group. Those who stand above the A's. You should  lead them. Something like the S class, or whatever. Sometimes a leader  is more important than the strongest man. Take care Leo Kingston."

Nagoya  walked past the hero, leaving behind all he once was and known for, to become a reclusive man, far from the reaches of the Hero Association.  Far too gone from the mere sounds of a city to reach his ears. But, before he stepped off the train, he said one last thing. "Don't follow  me or tell them where I'm going. You never saw me. Do this for me, Leo.  When you need me, I'll come. Not for them, but for you. For you and the  others." He stepped off board and faced Leo from outside as the doors  closed and gave a smile.

Bodies  shuffled where he was, and as the train began to move, a few bodies  past between the train and Nagoya, only to show that Star was cone within a few seconds.

Leo watched as Nagoya left, a small smile stretched across Leo's face and he nodded even though he wouldn't see.  As he left Leo saw something fall from Nagoya's jacket.  Rushing over Leo looked at the small white card.

On the train floor was an I.D card with a pictured man with yellow hair and blue eyes. A cheerful smile, filled with youth.   Picking it up Leo was able to read the text more clearly.

"Name:  Nagoya | Hero Name: Star | Class: A | Rank: 11 | Offical member and  hero of the Hero Association and Anti-Disature Department"

Leo laughed slightly and gave another smile, "You'll always be a hero, Association or not."  Stuffing the card into his jacket pocket Leo took a seat right by the door and sighed, Might as well try to get some sleep now while I can.  I suspect that I might have to be involved in a meeting when I arrive at the base. Leo thought as he closed his eyes.

Several Hours and a meeting Later

After finishing up the meeting Leo got the information about where Hitomi and everyone else was from the secretary.  He planned on giving them all a visit, but at the moment Hitomi seemed the most convenient to get to.  Currently Leo sat in the waiting room of the hospital in City-1.  The hospital was still massively busy with traffic as they were still attempting to recover from the collapse of the HA HQ.  It made Leo stick out quite considerably as he was one of the few people who wasn't injured and was allowed to be in the waiting room.  The only reason Leo was even allowed to be in the waiting room was because he used his identity as an A-Class Hero to get leverage.  It made him feel dirty but he wanted to make sure Hitomi was okay, Of course then I'll have to go check on Goliath before I head over to City-3 to check on Siegfried in the hospital.  I think Yukari is okay from what last I heard but it may not be bad idea to go and check up on her as well.  And as long as I'm making trips I should go see how Ashley is doing.

The nurse that had talked to Leo came back from the hallway, "I'm not quite sure Hitomi is up for a visit now, but if you want you can wait here and I'll check on her again from time to time."  Leo thought for a bit and then nodded, "Yeah that sounds fine."  The nurse nodded as well and gave a quick smile to him.  Leo sighed and stretched in his seat, This is going to be a long night.

@DaniBot @Colleen McJavabean @DemetrioMachete @Joonster @ChimpMan @Shammy the Shamrock @Hanarei

Last edited by a moderator:

It had taken Hitomi's mother and Sachi a good while to calm the hysteric woman down, gently trying to persuade her that she did nothing wrong and that she did everything she could. They didn't understand. How could they? They didn't have the weight of not only a death but what seemed like the crippling of a senior hero. They didn't have to bear such a big responsibility, but it wasn't just that. Losing a loving father that had supported her throughout everything and not being able to be there when he really needed it. Hitomi cried more and more until she felt like she was too exhausted to anymore. Hell, she didn't even know if she wanted to be out in public for a while. Such a tragic fight would surely draw in reporters. People who Hitomi knew she would be mentally prepared for. Not to mention that now that her father had passed, she was left as the lone survivor as the Akiyama Power Plant Incident. For know, Hitomi just held onto her mother calming herself down. 

After a few moments, a certain nurse that had silently been checking into the room noticed the chance to enter. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I wanted to wait to tell Hitomi that she has a visitor." Hitomi's mother looked at the nurse as Hitomi raised her head. It was probably someone from the Assiociation coming to fill her in on what was to happen now. Or one of the others coming to check on her. The thought of the latter caused her chest to tighten as she managed to get out. "W..What do they look like?" She wasn't too sure she'd accept visitors not matter who it was, but she wanted to make sure who she was about to send away. The nurse looked up and spoke. "Well he is a handsome one he is. Not too built, but a little skinny. I remember he said he was an A class. My little sister is a big fan of him, so the name rings a bell. I think it's Leon. Or Leo."

It was at this point that Hitomi's heart went to her throat and her mother had to restrain her to stay on the bed. "Hitomi you can't get up right now! You need to rest your body. You're in no form to move freely right now!" Her protests were correct, but Hitomi didn't care if she had to lean on the walls. She had to see if it truly was him. She needed to. Sachi came in to force the hero back down onto the bed but Hitomi wasn't having it. "No! I have to see him. I need to make sure it really is him..." 

After another moment of futile struggling, Hitomi hesitantly stopped and sighed. "Well at least let him into the room. I...I just have to see him." The nurse nodded and hurried to fetch the other hero leaving Sachi to look at Hitomi. She remembered when she saw Hitomi and Leo together at the festival. Just what had happened to make her act such a way? Would she have reacted if it was anyone else?

The nurse hurried her way to Leo and smiled at him. "It seemed she was a bit riled up to see you. She was so determined that her mother and godmother had to force her to remain in bed, but she would like to see you now. Follow me please." The nurse beckoned him to follow her into the hospital room. Once Leo entered the room, he'd be greeted with the smiles of Hitomi's mother and Sachi. Hitomi just stared in shock and disbelief as her friend stood before them, not a scar on him. It was almost like it was a dream. A dream that she wasn't too sure if she wanted to end or continue. She slowly got up and limped until she stood in front of him, her weary eyes looking into his. "I..Is it really you?" She asked, reaching out to touch his shirt gripping onto the fabric. Once she was sure he was real, she quickly embraced him  tightly and started to cry into his chest once more stumbling apologizes. She held him in a fear that if she let go, he would disappear from her again. 

Leo waited patiently in the lobby, his eyes slowly closing and opening as he slightly struggled to stay awake, This body sure does feel like it needs a ton of rest.  Yawning Leo opened his eyes to see the nurse in front of him again, " [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]It seemed she was a bit riled up to see you. She was so determined that her mother and godmother had to force her to remain in bed, but she would like to see you now. Follow me please."[/COLOR] She said with a smile on her face.  Leo smiled and gave a light chuckle as he stood up and thought, Well that definitely sounds like Hitomi.  The walk to the hospital room seemed to stretch on for him.  It was as if while he was walking time was slowing down with his every step.  Worry had begun to overtake him, How much does she blame me for what happened I wonder.  Could it be that she despises the way I led our group into an engagement that we weren't suited for?  I don't know if I would even fully blame her for thinking that.

Finally coming to the door of Hitomi's room, the nurse opened the door and beckoned him to go inside.  Taking a deep breath Leo walked through the door and saw Hitomi.  She had tubes connected to her arms and she was clearly roughed up.  Just the sight alone made Leo's heart sink, it was worse knowing that there was a chance he could have done something to change this.  Leo watched as she stood up, slowly and surely, and began walking over to him.  She was limping and with each step Leo restrained himself from reaching a hand out to steady her.  As she finally came to be in front of her he looked at her directly in the eyes as she reached out a hand to touch him, and with her words he couldn't help but smile "Y-yes Hitomi.  It really is."  Wrapping his arms around her at just the same time she did he felt comfortable in her arms and allowed tears to flow from his eyes, My first tears.  Holding Hitomi just as tightly Leo could only say one thing, "I'm so glad you're safe."

Users who are viewing this thread