Chapter 2: The Beauty in the Beasts

His eye twitched. Savior was right.. this monster was playing on their emotions. Mentally, he cursed himself for having a damn heart. But now, his heart had hardened to Samuke. There would be no mercy, now.

Samuke would die in an explosion.

Before the ice could pierce him, and before Star's barrier was fully erected, Siegfried turned ethereal and bolted towards Samuke. In the next instant, he was physical again, and from his mouth regurgitated a glowing white substance, aimed at Samuke's feet. Did you account for this, Siegfried thought? This is all brand new. How dare you, Snow White, think you know something like Siegfried Yonlenstaufel inside and out. The ectoplasm was quick to stick, smothering everything Siegfried aimed at in ectoplasmic adhesive.

His offensive wouldn't stop there, though. 

He unhooked the belt of grenades he had strapped to his person, and possessed it; the entire belt of grenades. That belt then flew towards Samuke, strapping itself around him quite tightly. 

Siegfried wasn't as fast, in a possessed object as he was just freely floating. All the ghost could hope for was that his comrades could stall him or get a blow on him before he could react to the grenades. As long as he had control, he wouldn't let any of them be used against them.

@Colleen McJavabean

@Joonster

@ChimpMan

@Nenma Takashi

@DaniBot

With Crash's blitz, Samuke turned around and crabbed the blade of the hero, stopping it in its tracks. Hiss eyes narrowed on the Suited Savior. Did they think he was that weak? With that he flung the sword out of the way. However, Crash leapt over and fired, only for Samuke to move out of the way, each bullet hitting his frosty aura. The tiny micro-forms of ice under his total control, and sticking to the bullets made his control of their velocity that much easier. While out of the way, he sound around to see the hero land on the other side, firing again, but Samuke already moved in and closed the distance, his head on the side of the gun as it fired the ever freezing bullets.

Crash was not done. He had more to do. He grabbed his sword to swing once more,  but stopped when his body had frozen over in areas that slowed movement. "How disappointing. You'll be the first." With that, Samuke's hand stabbed directly through Crash's suit and out the other end.

With his hand inside the hero, he raised the body up as his ice saber formed at the palm of the hand inside the hero as he pulled it in, bringing the hilt inside the body. With no sign of hesitation, he arced it out, cutting the hero into two. The blood splattering a little on Samuke's pale face. The air as cold as his heart. "My brain is all I need to exterminate vermin such as yourself.," he commented to the slain hero.

He knew he had some mechanics, being a cyborg, so he'd prevent him coming back as he stabbed the head of Crash on the ground, leaving the saber to stand as a tombstone of his icy death, walking towards the heroes with a cold dead look to his eyes, with no emotion or care, yet still spelt death and readiness for them all over him, like a sinister aura only belonging to the worst of nightmares. "I'll kill you all with your weaknesses and show you why strength isn't needed to kill you."

Then came the ghostly hero, one of the few variables that bothered Samuke. The paranormal were no easy task of facts and science. He was ready to use his new toys on the hero, but he materialized once more with a strange goo coming from his mouth. It landed towards his feet. "What is that?" Despite his confusion, he moved, but it was to no avail as he only managed to save one foot, the other firmly in the adhesive. "What!?" He looked to the hero to find him taking the form of a belt with explosives as it wrapped around Samuke.

@Joonster

@ChimpMan

@Nenma Takashi

@DaniBot

@Kingmalikai

@DemetrioMachete

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a string attached to the pins of the grenades. It tied them all together. The string seemed to float out a good distance from Samuke, and there, he reappeared. Siegfried, his glare practically drilling a hole into Samuke's face. It was an expression that made it quite clear that he wasn't screwing around, anymore.

"Cold as Ice, Snow White."  he commented, a serious expression overtaking him as he promptly pulled the string, which in turn pulled the pins on every single grenade on the belt. All 12 of them.

"But now you're going to shatter like ice. You should have just followed my advice..." there was a brief pause, just before the grenades would detonate.

"...and joined a Strip Club." And with that, he vanished again, to protect himself from the blast and shrapnel. The Suited Savior saved his life.. and as he reminded himself of that, he bore witness to how Samuke had bisected him before he could trap him with the grenades. Even if he survived this, Siegfried would not let up. Not until he was pulp and blood smeared across the battlefield.

@Colleen McJavabean

Samuke, for one of the first times, looked with eyes wide and mouth ajar at the bombs around him as the string was pulled. His frosty aura growing strong as he felt himself turn colder and colder as the light became blinding. With in seconds, a large explosion erupted on the battlefield where Samuke was once at. Nothing but a dark cloud remained in sight.

"Well, at least we know you don't swallow," a voice said within the smoke. Walking out with his clothes slightly tattered and annoyed face was Samuke. He had some damage on him and blood rolling down his lips and hand on his side. As he removed his hand, ice revealed itself only to fade. "I see you volunteered to be mutilated."

He patted his shoulders and the rest of his body of the black smoke. "I have to hand it to you, Siegfried, you truly did surprise me there. I did not expect that from you. How long have you been blowing men? There is so much you could do with your power that you've only scratched the surface, but you did get me there. And don't think I didn't appreciate it. I'd say you'd meet Crash in the afterlife, but what I have planned for you is much, much worse. You'll wish death was easy for you."

During the explosion, frost gathered on some of the grenades, killing them, but Samuke knew that would not save hm, so he coated himself in a hardened exoskeleton of ice, much like his saber, which was hard like steel, and helped stop the blast from killing him, but did not leave him unscathed. Shrapnel did enter his eyes and that is where the blood came from, but that was healed by his heal factor and freezer burning the blood from flowing out.

After the explosion and freezer burning the wound, he had ice travel across the ground as black ice to Siegfried to hold him in place. With that, Samuke displayed his above human peak level conditioning as he pushed off the ground with one of his new toys in hand and saber in the other. He appeared before Siegfried and activated the device, which would disrupt electromagnetism energies, working to disable his ability to turn ethereal. This would force him to remain physical, and as a human. Samuke began to viciously stab at his location, at extraordinarily fast speeds to hit him. Each one targeting a vital point in his muscles, joints, and vital organs. This attack was aided by his bitter ad chilling aura to slow muscle movements and numb the body.

He skid his foot across the ground as he turned around and finished with a slash across his body. He didn't want to admit it, but the attack did had an effect on is body. "Why do you continue to fight against the inevitable? It makes no sense! Do you want to die so easy?" Their actions. Their resolve. Their tenacity. Their will. Their very choice on the matter made no sense to him. Why would they even fight against the androids? Would it not make more sense to work with them and build a better world? What was he missing?

@DemetrioMachete @DaniBot  @Nenma Takashi  @ChimpMan @Joonster @Hanarei @Kingmalikai

Gay jokes...

Really? Siegfried thought. It wasn't the first time he had been persecuted for it, though in this particular instance, there was no point in saying he swung both ways. Mentally, he replied to Samuke's vulgar question. "More than you'll ever get."

Before he could move away, though, something peculiar happened to him. There were sparks, everywhere. Siegfried's ethereal form, ordinarily invisible to the naked eye, began to take form and return to physical shape. This was cause for immediate alarm for Siegfried as he took his arms in front of his body, to, admittedly poorly, block the barrage that would ensue.

The extra layer of muscle, bone, fat and tendons averted his internal organs being pierced, but his arms were torn to shreds. By the time Samuke reared back for the climactic slash, he lost control of his arms, and exposed his body. The power of the slash alone knocked him out of the immobilizing ice, several feet away. A trail of blood followed him.

Because of the numbing sensation Samuke's aura brought, Siegfried didn't feel much of the pain. But as he rose to his feet; awkwardly, without the use of his arms, all he could do was glare at the android.. even as the numbing subsided and the pain crashed upon him like a tidal wave. 

"This is nothing.." Siegfried angrily told himself, notably twitching. "The day I became Planeshifter.. that monster which snapped my ghostly tether to the other world.. nothing will ever match that pain." His arms hung limply at his sides, the view behind them clearly visible, as was the growing red stain on his white dress shirt, beneath his dark coat. Suddenly though, he smirked. All that devotion towards attacking him and him alone.. now he was open to be attacked by everyone else that wasn't named Planeshifter or Suited Savior, it seemed to Siegfried.

Everything that happened in the past few minutes had happened so fast. The walls of ice flew up giving Hitomi a cold shiver as her only alert to it's presence, turning around after Star's plasma shield formed around her blocking the lethal attack. She instinctively took a step back, her heart beating out of her chest at how close her life had come to ending. Terrifying couldn't truly describe the feeling. 'H..He's serious..." She thought as Samuke walked away, her legs frozen in place. Her attention turned to Nodachi as he addressed her and Ashley handing them what Hitomi saw as the only way to stop the white haired android. Although the last place about their friend coming back confused her. Who was he speaking about? Was he referring to who she thought, or hoped, he was? As Hitomi turned to observe Samuke again, the sight that welcomed her was yet another heartbreaking tragedy. Samuke's hand was clean through Suited Savior's body slicing him in half. Her hands went up to her mouth as she felt the warm and familiar feeling of tears running down her face. "N..No..." She whispered shaking as Samuke stabbed an icy sword through her comrade's head nd turned to face the rest of them. At that moment, Hitomi realized that Jikoku was horrifying but not so much as his brother. 

She took the gun from Nodachi and clenched it, not wanting Ashley anywhere near the monster. "Please go to Star and ask him if he has enough to form one more shield." An idea was brewing through her head. If her fire could counter his ice, then she could get close to him to use the gun but it wouldn't be easy. With Star's shield, it would be easier to deflect his attacks. Of course if he couldn't, then she'd find a way to fend him off. As she readied herself, her legs trembled as a part of her wondered if she could actually do it or if she'd just end up like Crash. Of course she was afraid. It was just a human emotion after all. They were all afraid and that was the reason they were all fighting. That conclusion was enough to stop her shaking, but her heart was still beating pretty hard. As she ran, she helplessly watched Samuke's assault on Planeshifter. She had to hurry or else he would suffer the same fate as Crash and Leo. As she continued running, her fire roared as she increased their temperature to match Samuke's ice of at all possible. Firefly hadn't noticed, but she was getting close to her normal limit. Her throat started to itch as it started to feel dry, a sign of dehydration. She wiped her eyes as she closed in on Samuke as his attention seemed to be planted on Planeshifter. She would try to use the gun Nodachi gave her, not pulling the trigger until she felt the gun unmistakingly pressed against Samuke's body. Hitomi raised the heat around the area to interfere with his ice as she inched even closer. If she was going to die, then she was going to try her hardest to take him with her. 

Jikoku

Dai_zps03c772ef.jpg~c200

"So you idiots finally see now?" Jikoku muttered with a hint of satisfaction. Samuke had shown his true colours. A crimson coating of hero blood over a canvas over white hair and pale skin. He did try to warm them. Even if it was just so he could kill them all himself. Better to face the monster you know than the one you don't

"Now. Where was I?" Said Jikoku scratching his head with a mock house-wife impression who was simply preparing the next meal. He spun to his left where Paragon of Justice was flattened and almost two-dimensional, armour and all. Then he spun to his right where Gluttony had eventually succumbed to the pain of having his stomach super heated and passed out. Just ingredients which were put on the chopping block. "There." He hissed, his eyes narrowing like a dog finding its bone and voice becoming more menacing. Jellybean-Boy had still not mustered the strength to move and was still where Jikoku had slammed him on on the ground. 

When Jikoku entered his vision the boy couldn't move. His body buried two inches into the ground and and unable to. He might've thought to spit one of his Jellybean powers. Unfortunately for him, Jikoku extensively damaged his throat earlier just so he couldn't. He was completely powerless and vulnerable but with plenty of fight left in his eyes. Exactly like Jikoku intended. After all, this was a show. He could easily do as Samuke did and mutilate every hero present. But that was just too easy. Too uninspired. Jikoku knew he could so he didn't have the urge to do it. No, he would keep every hero here alive until the very end, so their hopes will be destroyed, their spirit broken, to be stripped of the very symbol they all stood for. That was the game. The peons like Jellybean boy and Gluttony? They were just the toys. But maybe I can indulge a little... thought one of Jikoku's devilish, destructive inner-voice's (they all were but that's not the point). One of his booted feet raised in the air above his head and then swung down on the beaten Jellybean-kid like a sledgehammer, ready to slam right through the hero's face. Jellybean-boy closed his eyes, ready for the end. 

Abruptly, Jikoku's head was jolted forward as though he were struck by a thunderbolt. The sudden push in horizontal force combined with the momentum from Jikoku's vertical axe-kick sent him flying forward across the ground performing multiple front flips as he did. An act which might've been impressive had it been intentional and had the android not smashed his head off the ground repeatedly as it happened. "You're just too stubborn to die. I like it." Said Jikoku looking back once he regained his bearings. 

Dragon-Lord kneeled over Jellybean-Boy to check he was still alive before shifting his attention to Jikoku. Then the old man turned his focus onto Jikoku once more. Perhaps he would have made for an interesting sight, had he not entered a coughing fit immediately after, blood trickling down the corner of his mouth. "I've faced worse than you." - he wiped the blood off of his chin with the back of his hand - "Tell me. Why? Why all of... this." Dragon-Lord gestured all around him. From Yukari cutting down Gundan's strings, to Planeshifter's shredded arms, to Hitomi charging down Samuke. 

"Why?" Jikoku sneered. 

Years ago

The little blonde boy didn't understand. Couldn't understand. Of course, he didn't know who he was. He didn't know what he was. All he knew was he was one of three. A piece of a bigger puzzle. However, he was treated differently. Why? He asked himself. Why me? Every so often he would be forced through this process. Sat to a cold, steel chair in the center of a pitch black room. Nothing visible save for the projection screen in front of him and the device which stuck his head in place and eyes open. He would be stuck here for hours on end, forced to sit through the projection video. It began with the first recorded documents of warfare. Photographs of ancient glyphs. The first known piece of artwork created by humans. Stick-like figures being impaled by others with stick-like weapons. As the recording went on so did the ages and with them, the development of warfare. Glyphs turned into beautifully created artworks displaying warfare in all its gory glory. Why would they do that to each other? Wondered the boy. He was too young to understand the simplistic yet unforgiving nature which encompassed the world. Eventually paintings progressed to photographs. Samurai's lobotomizing each other. The first photographed guns. And in time, photographs turned to videos. The first large-scale bomb ever created. The testing videos of the sheer destruction it possessed. The earth simply being erased by a smokey mushroom cloud. In mere hours, the child would experience the evolution of human warfare. 

Why? His brothers didn't have to sit through this- though he wasn't jealous or envious of them. He didn't yet know he was capable of such feelings. All he felt was sadness and pity. A sadness which eventually turned to anger. An anger which inevitably turned to pure, unrivaled, hatred. He noticed the man- the first voice he ever heard, his father, was never present during these sessions. Only men in suits. Why, he didn't know. He didn't yet know that this was just the only reason for his existence. To be a pawn for such men. Men who called themselves 'The Heroes Association'. But the boy didn't know what heroes were. All he knew was war, death and hatred. He wanted to know more... but he would never be given the opportunity. Why would he? He was only created to hate. In time he learned his answers. Why did humans destroy so much and kill each other? It was in their nature. Just as the purpose of destroying anything which opposed him was in the boy's nature.

"I guess you could say it's in my nature." Said Jikoku smiling, but for the briefest of moments he looked to the ground. For the first time, it was an expression of something other than hatred or enjoyment. It was a look of sadness. But as quickly as it came, it went, as sadness was replaced by hatred. "You might blame me. But I only am how I was made to be. You look at me as though I'm the monster. But what does it make the man who willingly creates such a monster knowing the consequence of such a creation? I DIDN'T ASK TO EXIST! But here we are." Jikoku shot a look at Dr Nodachi who was clearly listening at this point.

"Jikoku I-"

"Oh shut up. You're guilty for the crime you failed to prevent. You knew what they were doing with me but you never stopped them. You couldn't. Because you're weak. Because You're. Only. Human." 

"Are you done?" Asked Dragon-Lord. Jikoku's gaze shifted back to the old man who was now encompassed by an aura which glowed red. "You villainous punks always love to talk about why you do what you do. Especially you younger ones. It gives an old man much needed time." For a moment Jikoku was confused. Until it dawned on him. Dragon-Lord never cared for his motivations. He was just buying time to power-up. 

"In your condition you won't even be able to stand for long enough to beat me." Added Jikoku.

"Which is why I'm going to end this in one punch."

Every cell in Jikoku's body tingled with excitement. Could this be it? The challenge he had sought since his awakening?! "Ha. Hahahahah. Hahahaahaha! I like your style old man! LETS GO!"

Dragon-Lord was now at his most powerful stage. Focusing his chi, his body was now filled to the brim with energy. So much energy he could barely think straight. If he acted quick enough however, he wouldn't have to worry. So when he moved, he moved at such devastating speed it appeared as mere teleportation. It even caught Jikoku off-guard who had to look around before realizing the hero was in the air. Diving back to the earth, his fire-aura giving him the appearance of a comet. A comet aimed for Jikoku. Jikoku wouldn't wait around either. The old man wanted to end the fight now? So be it. Jikoku leaped at Dragon-Lord like an incendiary bullet, firing up himself. 

"DRAGON CLAW!" Dragon-Lord raised an open hand and swung it hard at Jikoku's chest. His fingers igniting with the sheer fury behind the attack. 

Jikoku's eyes began to burn a blinding shade of yellow, the whites of his eyes even becoming yellow giving him the true appearance of an inhuman. He punched upwards at Dragon-Lord, his hand glowing an ominous yellow colour from beneath the skin. "COMET DRIVE." 

Fists collided in a collision cause of uncontainable fire and destruction. Such intense fury, such blinding heat, the two figures in the sky were no longer even visible. It simply looked like a miniature sun. The entire city became hot, like it had been placed into an oven. So hot it hurt to breathe. Then the light went out and if you weren't blinded by the show of light, you would see two figures drop from an explosion which painted the sky red. Jikoku dropped to his knees from the fall, face blackened and cut, but eyes still burning brightly. Dragon-Lord dropped and landed on his back. Defeated. Both men breathing heavily.

"I am who I am- what I am because of the heroes association. No- that's too simple. I am who I am because of humanity. You beings who have always craved the death of each other. A craving which led to the creation of weapons." Jikoku struggled to his feet and pulled a pistol from the back of his pants and displayed it to highlight the point.  "But you couldn't stop there. You had to devise even deadlier weapons. More destruction. More death. How fitting that you would eventually create a weapon to destroy yourselves." Then he gestured to himself. He pointed the gun... at Firefly and fired. 

*BANG*

Dragon-Lord was gone. Running with a hidden energy he didn't know he had. So exerted he broke a leg in the process, but he outran the bullet and jumped between Hitomi and her death. The bullet went straight through Dragon-Lord's lower back. Through his spine. His eyes widened in shock, an electric-stabbing sensation shooting throughout his entire lower-body. And then he fell to the floor lifeless before Firefly. 

Jikoku giggled uncontrollably.

@Colleen McJavabean @Joonster @Hanarei @Nenma Takashi @DemetrioMachete @Kingmalikai @DaniBot

The tank was empty now, and the wires that once connected a body to the wall instead laid limp against it.  All except one that still held strong into the square of Leo's back.  Leo's left arm once again tried to reach behind him and pull it out, How the hell am I supposed to get this damn thing out when it's right on that part of my back?  Leo's arm flailed around behind him as he continued to attempt a hold on it.  From within Leo's mind a voice already becoming more familiar spoke to him again, You were not even meant to take it out yourself.  I am certain the machine should have done the job of detaching it already.

A slight grumble came from Leo as his left arm once again missed the swipe to reach the tube, Well I'm glad that the machine decided to not detach the one tube I wouldn't be able to get.  Leo's next swipe reached just a little farther and at the sound of a light crackle from his left arm he reached just far enough to pull out the final tube.  Leo gave a victorious smile that quickly turned into a face of light regret and pain, "Aah!"  A cry of pain resounded from Leo as his left arm grew a tingling sensation across it as if fire was licking at his skin from the inside out.  Stumbling off to the side, Leo grabbed onto a nearby desk chair and sat down in it, cradling his arm, So did the machine NOT fix my broken arm?  After a few moments of silence that Leo realized was the AI trying to figure out what Leo was referring to.  Kai took another few seconds and then delivered its message, The process fixed your arm, but it seems as if you pulled a muscle Leo.  If it wasn't a sentient emotionless AI telling him this then he would have claimed Kai was joking.

Shaking his head Leo chuckled, Trust me Kai, I've pulled a muscle, and it does not hurt this much or last this long.  Leo attempted to move his left arm again and felt the pain wearing off at a slow pace.  The feeling was like a fading sensation, I believe you have forgotten that this is a new body Leo.  This means that unlike your old body it has not gone through any of the experiences you have.  So it instead treated this new pain of having pulled a muscle as if it was the first time.   This new learning body has adapted with your old experiences of walking and moving your body, if it had not you would have the motor skills of a toddler.  Leo mimed a groan as some of the information on what this meant sunk in, If I'm understanding you right, that means that this body has no experience with the flu, chickenpox, or any other disease.  Neither does it know about a lot of various other injuries.  Well that's just great.  Looks like I get to feel all of those painful experiences for the first time.  Though... I suppose I'll feel more pleasurable experiences besides the bad.  Like my taste buds... my sense of smell... sense of hearing...  The grin spread across Leo's face, overtaking the light pain expressed previously.  After another few moments of silence  Leo questioned if Kai would respond.  This question soon became redundant.

I am not sure that's how your body works.  Now while it may in fact provide that, who knows.  Much of this experiment with you remains unknown as the previous bio-robots had been children and grew up without having been a previous person.  In a technical sense you are equal to the other bio-robots, but considering you were a human in a more "emotional/thought state" as you may refer to it, you differ from how they are.  Also, I'm sensing confusion at the term bio-robot, and seeing how your mind is claiming them to be androids I will inform you that the three boys you saw were  bio-robots and not androids.  Leo felt a little shock at his disproved theory, while he was off with the guess of androids he was correct in suspecting them to not be human.  That should count for something he thought.  The other points that Kai raised were also interesting as it meant that Leo is weaker in his new body having not experienced any of his previous pain.  It put him at a disadvantage.  Unless he could even the odds...

Leo's eyes flicked to the desk right beside him.  Without even thinking of the stupidity of his plan he slammed his foot against the corner of the desk, "SON OF A-"  Leo bit down on his cheek, stopping him from speaking and causing even more pain.  He fell back on the desk chair, recoiling from what he had just done, I did not think the plan through all the way.  At least my body knows the pain of biting my cheek and a stubbed toe. now  Leo let out a sigh as the pain died down.  With the pain dying down Leo had time to notice another change.  His voice.  Leo's voice was similar to his old one because of the replicated vocal chords, but it sounded different.  It was much more clean and precise.  It also had the hint of a robotic undertone.  Although Leo was unsure if he had just misheard that part, Hey Kai, what happened to my voice?  Without taking a second the AI responded, Your voice is the best efforts of Dr. Nodachi to replicate your old voice.  Using voice samples we could get close to tone and pitch, but because we created the vocal chords new your voice hasn't suffered from any signs of damage from disease, yelling, or any throat injury.  We also implemented a small chip inside your cords that can allow you to disguise and change your voice.  Partially.  This was a suggestion courtesy of Dr. Nodachi as he wanted to test out the technology.  While Leo couldn't say he was pleased with being a test subject for the chip voice modification technology he was kind of glad to have his voice so clean.  As Leo wondered what to do next Kai chipped in again, Well there's a few tests and tasks you need to do before we can get you out of the lab.  Some of it is more simple tasks, such as putting on clothes,  Leo realized that he had no clothes on and felt embarrassment even with no other human around, We also need you to, as you might have guessed, do tasks to help you integrate your body back into today's society.  Such as the labelled vials on the counter there that will acquaint you to any disease that your body would have already treated.  And the machine over there that tests and maintains your body's endurance,  durability, and resistance to pain to ensure that it will be at an acceptable level.  Other tasks you will find listed on the computer.  Leo flicked his eyes over to where the computer screen showed the list of tasks and tests he had.  Leo nodded, and then wished he could get time alone with his thoughts while he went over the items.  Due to Kai being able to hear his thoughts he paid attention to this and responded,  I can give you some time alone.  I'll go into what you might call a sleep mode for a computer.  If you require my help just refer through speech or through a strong mental command.  With that, Kai's voice trailed off and grew silent as Leo knew he was alone.

Leo ran his hand over his stomach and chest, feeling the area where there had been scars, It will be strange to not see those when I look at myself in the mirror from now on.  They represented some strong emotion... but what was that again?  The scars came from the memory I can't quite remember, and they have some big significance to whatever happened.  After feeling the ghost-scars Leo took time to feel the small metal parts showing on his skin.  Such as the metal diamonds on the underside of his wrists, the metal nodes along his neck, one on both of his temples, and one larger metal piece on his back.  Somehow he knew the metal wasn't conductive, and it wasn't any metal he had felt before, It's also a huge badge of proof that I'm no longer completely human...  Leo let out a sigh and began moved across the room to the various tests.  First he took the vials in the way the instructions told him to and assumed his body would begin work on preventing them from getting serious.  Then he moved over to the machine meant to test his body and strapped himself in as it bent, poke, prod, and hurt his body in various ways.  After around an hour of these various activities Leo did the final test in which he put on some clothes.  Instead of his old clothes the only available thing to wear was a suit filled out to fit him.  Something that Leo hated was suits, so he put it on with a wince and feeling of disgust at the tight-fitting clothes.  With that, Leo knew he was ready to exit the lab.  Stepping up to the door and putting his hand on the handle Leo felt a wave of emotion overflow him.  It came to him then how withdrawn his powers had been while deeper in the lab, and he knew that by exiting he would send a rush of the power back into his body.  Calling up Kai Leo asked why his powers felt weaker in the lab and why he couldn't use his senses in electricity, The lab is using metal within the walls to withdraw parts of your power.  It's only able to do this reaction while your body hasn't felt real sunlight, and so it will stop working as soon as you leave this lab.  Leo takes a deep breath, Well then, I can't just keep hiding in here forever.  Ready or not world... Leo's back.

Slamming the door open Leo's body touched with the sunshine outside.  Grinning a wide happy grin Leo felt his powers return to him within an instant.  This meant the whole deal, his electric generation, electric attacks, and his electric senses.  As soon as he felt outwards with his electric senses he collapsed down to the ground.  Breathing heavy, he put his hands to the ground and pushed himself off the ground, sweat was beading down his brow and his mind was going a million miles a minute as emotions overwhelmed him.  Leo's body had used the senses to seek the people whose electric signals he remembered having met.  As soon as it did though, Leo learned what happened.  As the realization came to him tears of anger, frustration and sadness came to his eyes, Crash dead.  Dragon-Lord, Gluttony, Paragon and so many other A-Class members fell with them.  They... they fought and failed... and I did nothing to help them.  I made a silly sacrifice that caused my death when I could have been alive to stop or prevent their deaths to some extent...  There was nothing I did to help...  It might as well have been me that just... just...  A previous part of his forgotten memories resurfaced again and he could feel the hate attached to the words, "You're not a hero, you're too coward to even fight, and after tonight, you'll be just like me... a murderer."  A scream of agony and anger was heard echoing across the city.

Gundan

Subject 'J'

r0o469.jpg

Gundan's eyes narrowed. In his training, he was always told to use the obvious solutions to problems as bait. To dangle his weakness in front of his foes and then collect the reward of victory while said foe concentrated heavily on exploiting that weakness. He had opened the door to his house of tricks and traps, and Blade Queen stepped right in like a ignorant child. The strings were cut, but Gundan already had two other puppets surrounding her, branded with the expressions of happiness and sadness. Pincer attack, Gundan thought as the puppets flanked Blade Queen and attacked her from both sides. Coming in contact with the sad puppet would cause her to lose motivation and become depressed, while coming in contact with the happy puppet would lower her aggression and send her into a state of thinking that is calm and rational. Contact with both would cause laziness, as she would lose the motivation to do anything and convince herself that it is perfectly okay.

As Gundan sent the puppets, he sent a blast of wind below him and used the recoil of the blast to send him flying over Blade Queen and out of the building. He couldn't waste time with her. He needed to get back to the battle. If he could just- a cold shiver went down his spine as he saw the Suited Savior's corpse on the ground in blood. Gundan could practically feel the lifeless void coming from the hero. Dead. He felt a tear run down his cheek, though slightly confused at such a reaction considering the hero had kicked him into building a few minutes ago. He found Dragon-Lord to be dead as well. The longer this battle went on, the more people would die. He landed on the ground, jogging past the defeated A-class heroes and towards Jikoku. "Brother, why are we even doing this anymore? What's the purpose?"

@ChimpMan @Colleen McJavabean @DaniBot @Kingmalikai @DemetrioMachete @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei

Yukari couldn't believe she let herself be tricked into a simple attack like this one she sighed. 'Rin.' 'Yeah?' She curled up like a ball. 'Kill em dead.' Yukari's face turned into a crocked smile as she became Rin. "THAT IS MY SPECIALTY!" She sprouted blades from all sides hitting the puppets and their strings then she spun chopping them up like a human blender. She stopped going to take a step she fell to one knee her vision now blurry she had used up too much iron she knew Gundan had already ran but she needed metal fast. She crawled over to the same bed Gundan had landed on and opened her mouth showing her razor sharp teeth and chopped down on the metal leg of the bed. Chewing it up as if the metal was but a simple cracker to her swallowing she went for the other legs. Her vision cleared up and she could stand again. 'How we looking FFE?' Yukari focused thinking. 'I'd say we're good for another two or three minutes of combat before we run low on iron again.' Rin smiled looking back at the entrance as she got outside she saw both Crash and Dragon-Lord had fallen. She didn't know either all that well but she did know one thing it pissed her off seeing their bodies reminded her of Leo she clenched her fist. Walking out of the building Yukari was also feeling something a feeling that was so new to her, no that wasn't right she had felt it once deep down inside her. It was a feeling that help give birth to Rin yes she knew this feeling all too well. Hatred Dragon-Lord was in front of Hitomi dead his body between her and Jikoku the wound on his back. 'He shot him in the back.....' 'Yeah that he did FFE.' 'Hitomi watched him die right in front of her...' 'Yeah that she did FFE.' 'She's gonna cry like she did for Leo....' 'Yeah that she will FFE.' 'Rin....' 'Yeah FFE?' 'Kill em dead!' 'It's what I was born to do!' Rin yelled toward Jikoku. "OI BLONDIE!!!" She held up her middle finger. "UP YOURS!" 'You got a plan FFE?' 'Yeah don't die.' 'Probably should've told me that before I flipped a killer android the bird.' 'I doubt that would've stopped you.' Rin had to admit. 'Yeah your right.' 

@Joonster @ChimpMan @DaniBot @Hanarei @Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @DemetrioMachete

Sunny sat in a command room back in City-2 where the main branch remained for the moment. Still no word on Bernard or any of the higher ups, so she had to take it upon herself. "Get me a visual on the city. I want a closer look!" She tried to sound like a leader with her stoic pose, but her hands gripped the rail hard, worried. Jikoku was toying with the heroes. Nagoya was badly beaten. Crush was seemingly terminated. Planeshifter's powers seemed to be countered by Samuke. Then... Then the camera shook violently from a force she didn't catch. When she was able to catch a gimps, it was two balls of light colliding like two stars in space making contact. It was unbelievable. "Dragon-Lord."

Sunny swiftly turned to a panel near her. "Jasmine, I want the best medics and transportation both near the City-10 branch and nearby cities with the rail turned on to City-22's medical lab, now!" Sunny didn't mean to shout, but the climax was near and if the heroes prevailed, she needed them to get medical help as soon as possible. If they failed... She had to admit, she had no idea what to do. There were the other class A's, but most of them were so far off it'd be too late to do anything. She had to do all she could to compose herself.

=================

"Of course, Siegfried. Your bravado and ego precede your own wellbeing. Think what you will, but what I have created is meant to imprison your soul. A tool to fight an ethereal creature such as yourself. This is what happens, Samuke began as he neared the hero, blood dripping off the icy blade "When you dance with the devil." Things were turning out for the better. But, something felt off.

He turned to find Firefly coming after him, he saw the look on the panting and injured Nagoya who had blocked his ice prior. He'd show them by killing her, too. He raised his hand as a blizzard began to form around it. "I'll snuff that fire in your heart," the dark comment came, but as he began to counter her heat, Nagoya did something. He shot a beam at Samuke with raced after him like a bullet, forced to block it. "Pathetic," he said as he used his ice to withstand against the hot plasma. But when it faced a ball lay in front of him which blew into a bright and blinding flash, followed by the light from above and the bang. All in one roll as it faded, hearing Jikoku and Dragon-Lord fall to the earth and see Hitomi in front of him, his eyes trying to get a clear picture. But it was too late as he saw her hand hold something at him.

A sharp sting penetrated his skin. In a fit of rage, he backhanded he fiercely, unsure if it hit or not. "You bitch!" A cool liquid flowed into his body that sent shivers even down his spin as he fell to one knee. The blinding light's effects fading, only to be replaced by a weakness in his muscles and a foggy mind. His heart racing. What was this? What did she do? "What did you do? What did you do!?" He shouted as he stood up, losing balance for a split second as he used the saber as a cane until he regained focus. Her heat actually affecting him from this sudden odd feeling. His skin drying up and burning. He could feel it on his face, his torso, his arms. He slashed at his location as he jumped back, landing on his feet and sliding back.

Samuke had never felt anger before, but now he felt himself almost blinded by it. He looked at Hitomi as his vision cleared and stability was regained. His heart beat fast. An almost sick feeling churning in his gut. Slowly he tried to gain his composure as he eyed her down. She didn't deserve to live now. So stupid. They were throwing their own lives away!

@DemetrioMachete @DaniBot  @Nenma Takashi  @ChimpMan @Joonster @Hanarei @Kingmalikai

Once Hitomi administered the shot, she felt a strong blow to her cheek as Samuke backhanded her with enough force that caused her to fall on her side. She sat up, rubbing her cheek where the android had left a red mark. "Don't you know how to treat a lady. What I gave you is a shot of humility, prescribed by the good doc." She smirked, trying not to let the achievement get to her head. It was a turning point for the heroes, but it didn't end the war. Not with Jikoku still on a rampage. If Samuke was as observant, then she wouldn't have to explain what the doctor had told her. It seemed like he was already going through some of the symptoms already. She stood up as he fell to one knee and braced herself. If that hit was any hint as to how he felt right now, then Hitomi knew that Samuke was pissed. Her eyes widened as he brought the saber up and jumped back, narrowly avoiding a slash to her stomach, but her legs weren't so lucky. She cried out in pain as her blood trickled down her leg. The temperature of his sword adding to the throbbing pain in her legs. 

'T..This is nothing... This is nothing compared to the others. Dragon Lord, Planeshifter, even poor Crash... You still have to fight. You still have to win!' Hitomi's eyes narrowed as all of her attention was focused on Samuke. She heard Yukari headed towards Jikoku so she knew he'd be occupied. Her fists went up and her knees bent as she took another offensive pose. Her head started to ache dully, another sign that she was probably going past her limit. As she observed his actions, she looked him dead in the eye as she spoke. "Someone like you could never snuff out the fire in my heart." 

For a moment The Blade Queen caught Jikoku's eye. He smiled eerily pleasant when she insulted him. He truly found himself entertained by her. But she could wait.  Only one person remained for Jikoku.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. Never like this." Dr Nodachi shook his head wishing this were all a dream. Watching the heroes fall one by one was bad. But what was even worse was knowing that ultimately he was the one responsible for all of this. "I-I thought... you boys were supposed to be the greatest of us all. You were the ones to protect us from the monsters. Had I know you would become..." I never would've created you. Was what the Doctor thought to say. But no, he knew that was a lie. These boys, they were his sons. From the moment of their artificial creation he had decided as much. 

"Oh come now father! 'Monster' is a relative term is it not?" Replied Jikoku, his eyes narrow and focused on his final target; his father, all the while with a devilish smile. The android intended to enjoy this one. "Think about it. You humans, you kill millions of animals every single day. Tens of billions every year! Billions! Can you even comprehend that? And why...? To sate your appetites? For sport? For money? And I'M the monster?!" Jikoku made to look as if he were struggling not to burst into hysterics. "Ha. Hahaha. Oh father. I'm no monster. It's just that you and your kind are no longer on top of the food chain. Is what I'm doing any worse than you humans? Remember You programmed us with one purpose: To keep this world safe. The world isn't safe from your kind. Left unchecked you humans will either prove inadequate protectors of this planet." He nodded to Dragon-Lord's unconscious body to prove his point. "Or you will eventually kill each other and everything else, as you have always done."

"I'm sorry Jikoku. You're right, I shouldn't have let them infect your mind as they did. The association, they just wanted a weapon. They were wrong. But it's not too late! I have plans, I can help you! You can experience something other than this... this hate, this rage. Your life could be so much more! You could be more!" Dr Nodachi fell to one knee, pleading- begging. He did not miss the fact Jikoku was walking towards him now, slowly. A slight ominous glimmer in his eye.

"Hahaha. You think I want to change? That I want to feel more like you humans do? Why would I lower myself to your level? Look around you! This world is nothing but pain and misery. Oh I don't want to change. We both know I'm far too gone for that. Besides, I like how I am and I thank the association for it. At least this way I can enjoy this." Said Jikoku, a slight tremble in his fingers. Nodachi knew his sons. He knew this was a habitual trait of Jikoku. The excitement he got before delivering a killing blow. Nodachi instinctively began to walk back but tripped on his heels and fell to the floor. "Ach!" But despite this he knew there was nothing he could do. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide which Jikoku wouldn't raise to the ground. "So be it. If this is my fate." The scientist said, as though accepting this conclusion. Finally he accepted what Jikoku had said. He truly was too far gone. In his final moments Dr Nodachi only felt regret. 

A cry for help made Gundan spin to find Jikoku approaching Dr. Nodachi menacingly. The hatred played starkly on Jikoku's face, his intentions pure. It was a look Gundan had seen on his brother before. What ensued was never pleasant.

"Goodbye father." Jikoku cocked his fist back ready for the death-blow.

"Goodbye my son."

"NO!" Gundan's body was moving, the air popping as his puppets dangled by their threads. Subconsciously, he reached for his dog tag, only to find that it wasn't there. Probably back in the building he crashed into earlier. Regardless, he wouldn't let his family fall apart like this. Gundan's mind worked so quickly that by the time he decided to do something, he worked out all of the equations and considered all the plausible possibilities. It was what he was designed and trained for. The heroes had already fired Jikoku up to the point where Gundan wasn't even sure if his strongest puppet would be able to take the attack.

The death blow fired down on the defenseless man. Its target; Nodachi's heart with the intent of instant death which, by Jikoku's standards, was pretty merciful. This was his father after all so the least he could was spare him this mercy. 

Gundan's quickly beating heart came to a stop as the fist dove into his chest, blood flying through the air as he let out shuddering breaths.

In what seemed like an eternity yet but a split second, time froze. Jikoku's fist buried itself in his brother's chest. Blood spilling down his arm and out of Gundan's mouth. Nodachi on the floor eyes wide mouth agape at the picture painted. A picture painted in blood and tragedy. Jikoku and Gundan's eyes clashed and Gundan leaned in close to whisper but a few final words to his brother. Then he took his final breaths and his eyes closed, for they would never open again. The body fell completely limp and Jikoku was left holding the corpse of his brother. Jikoku's face was a blank slate. No emotion. Perhaps he wasn't capable of the natural response to such a situation? No. He was sad. For the first time in his existence, Jikoku grieved. Even if he did not know how to physically show it. Gundan's body fell to the ground beside Nodachi, cold and lifeless like one of his own puppets. Strange. Has blood always been so warm? Pondered Jikoku as he eyed his fist coated crimson, with the coating dripping on the ground, staining the battlefield with Gundan's blood. The very blood which ran through Jikoku also. Placing his hand over his heart, Jikoku's face was now one of puzzlement. His chest hurt. As though he had been stabbed through the heart. Although he knew he hadn't. So what was this pain? 

In collaboration w/ @Joonster

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Colleen McJavabean @Nenma Takashi @DemetrioMachete @Hanarei @Shammy the Shamrock

Rin was a bit annoyed that Jikoku wasn't paying attention to her now. As he turned to the Doctor Rin found herself asking herself if she should even save him. 'That Doc he's no different than that bitch of a scientist! Making monsters than acting like he has a right to call himself a parent!' 'Rin it's-' 'What it's fine to force someone to be something they don't wanna be!? It's ok to turn someone into a monster all for some lame ass science experiment!? To steal away someone's chance at a normal life!? To hurt someone!? It's ok cause he's sorry!?' 'The idea is he knows he was wrong. He's sorry for the horrible things he's done. He's truly sorry that already makes him better than her.' Rin clenched her fist her attention going back to Jikoku and the Doctor. As he got ready to punch him she moved forward running as fast as she could to them. Gundun made it before her taking the bit for the Doctor. Rin watched with wide eyes as Jikoku seemed to feel sad for his actions he had killed his brother his own family gone now by his own hands. Maybe it was dumb maybe she was some heartless bitch but she had to know, she had to ask. "What's it feel like?" A puzzled look on her face as she tapped her chest over the area where her heart was. "What's it feel like to actually feel bad about killing a family member?" Yukari stayed silent she had nothing to say right now. She didn't have a clue what she would say at the moment. "Since I first meet you I felt like you and I were a lot alike. I saw myself in you the me who'd probably be if it wasn't for some fake four eyes. But besides that we seemed to grow up different. You grew up fighting alongside your brothers or being protected, I grew up being the one who protected." She took a step forward. "I killed a family member as well once but I wasn't sad. I'd say my family member was more like the Doc there.  Doubt your been sad if you had killed him after all I wouldn't be. But I do know someone who I can guess I would cry over if I killed them.  A big nerdy crybaby." 'I wouldn't called Ashley a nerd?' 'Yeah I didn't I called you a nerd ya fake four eyes.'

@ChimpMan @Joonster @Hanarei @DaniBot

This women believed she could inspire the others? No, that would not be so. "You think your fire can't be snuffed out? I'll show you." Extending his arms out a wind of ice surrounding them. Light icy blue lines began to appear on his face, starting where his eyes were and working down to his jaw. He threw his arms forward as a howling wind blew at Firefly with tiny shards of ice. His vision becoming slightly fuzzy. He wasn't sure this would do anything, but he could only feel like he needed to grow a distance. "This ring on my finger will protect me. When I have the weapon in space fire, my body may be destroyed, but my mind will remain, connected. With it, I can control my super computer in my personal lab. I've surpassed my father. I've surpassed you. I've surpassed humanity!"

As he finished this, he saw the death of one of his brothers, Gundan. He found himself stopping at that sight. Not for the same reasons as Jikoku or Nodachi, but the outcome. This would cause Jikoku to change. He was not a threat. He would be blinded by the death. "I'll have to act fast..." He turned to Firefly to see if he needed to deal with her swiftly or not.

@Joonster

@DaniBot @Kingmalikai @Colleen McJavabean @Nenma Takashi @DemetrioMachete @Hanarei @Shammy the Shamrock @ChimpMan

Siegfried could only mentally curse as Samuke failed to be ended. The fact that his arms couldn't function was the only thing keeping him from attacking again. All he could do was stand, watch, and wait.

Wait for the electromagnetism surrounding him to stabilize. He tried turning ethereal again.. But it seemed like he only partially succeeded. He could see his body dematerialize, but it still had form, color, and worse yet, tangibility. He looked like a creature made of rapidly moving particles.. in this partially turned state. 

His ears never turned away from Samuke. He heard him gloat about a ring.. well, what else could he do at this point?

Bleed out. As his body was keen to remind him. The red stain on his body was growing larger.. but Siegfried felt he knew how to stop the bleeding. Using his chin, he tucked part of his head into his shirt. Then, he yucked up some ectoplasm, making sure to coat his wound with it. Sure enough, the blood couldnt leave his body through such a potent adhesive. It had no healing properties, but the cool, slimy texture felt good on the searingly painful and lascerated flesh.

"I need to sneak up on him.. and take that ring. Once he realizes he isn't so invincible, he'll be hesitant to fire his superweapon.. and there are many ways to immobilize him," he murmured to himself, beginning to approach Samuke.. his eyes half closed, and staving off unconsciousness.

@ChimpMan

@Colleen McJavabean

@Joonster

Firefly narrowed her eyes as she shielded her face from Samuke's sudden blast of wind, wincing at the tiny shards of ice that had been hidden. They hurt just as bad as the cut on her legs, but hopefully they wouldn't draw as much blood. As the wind passed, she threw her arms down as if she was using her powers to cut through a part of the wind. For someone who had just been weakened, he was almost a bit too cocky. So much so that he had just revealed his weakness and the focus of her next attack. "So you've just brought your own downfall. Now that I know what to aim for, I can freeze your plan dead in it's tracks." Firefly smirked and winked at the android, but quickly turned to notice the commotion near the Doctor and Yukari. Her heart hurt slightly seeing Jikoku's face and Gundan's fallen body. Even though Gundan wasn't her favorite of the brother's, he didn't deserve to die in such a way. She quickly turned her attention to Samuke, deciding to act fast while he was distracted. 

It seemed that he's previous attack was meant to keep distance between them. All she had to do was close it and she'd be golden, right? Of course like everything that had happened in recent events, it was easier said than done. She could rush at him, but it was a risky shot that could end up with her seriously injured. She winced in pain at the sudden pang of a headache as she eyed him down. Hitomi let in a long inhale and exhale, realizing that she was going to have to risk it and give it her all. She was either going to be seriously injured or seriously dehydrated. Either way, she just had to make sure that she lasted long enough to put Samuke down. She narrowed her eyes, noticing Planeshifter inching his way towards the android. If she could distract Samuke, then it would give Planeshifter enough of a chance to get the ring. With her plan set, Hitomi would charge at the android yet again. This time, she'd take any hit, any cut and any injury that he'd send her way to get close to him. If she got close enough, she'd press her chest close to his and wink once more. "Checkmate. This is for Crash and Dragon Lord." She would say before throwing a punch to deck him in the face. 

Samuke turned from Jikoku to see the two heroes eying him like a hungry lion would an injured gazelle. Firefly rushed him with her heat inching closer and proving to be more potent than he’d like. She was dangerous, but if he willed it, it would be a stalemate of ice and fire. But the ghost, while Samuke’s device temporarily subdued his powers from their full potential, and aided in sealing his fate, should he die, his stark tenacity proved to be a weapon of its own, as well as his tactics in battle.  He may have spoken too soon on the ring, as it clearly proved to draw their attention to it. This could be a useful means of manipulation, but also dangerous. But, then it happened. The earth rumbling, heat growing but not from Firefly, rather a more sinister source. “While I’d love to stay and entertain you both, I have something more important to do than play with you till the heat death of the universe.” With that, Samuke leaped back, carful on his legs as the effects remained. Every step was a calculation. Every movement fluid. He moved quickly, discretely, and vanishing from some eyes,

As Jikoku held his brother, a feeling rushed through his body he partially knew. Yet, this alien river of emotion turned to be uncontrollable. Pain tore through his chest unlike anything before. And as he sat there, his hands gripped tightly on Gundan’s body, teeth gritted, eyes bloodshot and open wide with an inner rage that pushed him beyond sanity. Slowly his eyes began to fade until all that was left were two pools of madness which glowed yellow.

With his anger at this point, he punched the ground at his knees. “Stupid…” He punched again, “IDIOT!” Then flashbacks of his childhood with Gundan and Samuke. “AAHHHH!!!!!” Jikoku shouted as she slammed both fist to the ground, body down. 

Jikoku stood up, voice bellowing his anger as the ground beneath cracked from the very weight of his power. The scream of the damaged byproduct of greedy and power hungry men echoed through the city like a thunderous blast. His hands glowing from the heat, an aura clear as day as he held them up. There, a ball began to form like that of a star, starting yellow, growing, and turning orange, and then red. The ball grew with so much energy that it started to gain a force itself, the ground around forming a ring from the girth and magnitude as tiny shards of rubble floated in the air. “You think you know pain?!” 

As the ball grew, Jikoku feed all his power in it from his hatred. His memory flooding to him as a child, standing over bodies of soldiers whom he defeated. The countless wars he had to know like he was there. “You all act as if you have ever known pain. That you can just walk up and be a hero, gain your stupid praise and sleep at night.” The ball started to turn a little white at the core as the heat itself began to turn into a plasma. 

A memory of Gundan smiling as a young boy, playing with his toys during the few times. Yet he was stuck in another room, unable to always be there, to experience such pleasures. The people who did this to him was the Hero Association. Branding him as their own and as a simple living object with no choice. “I can’t pick what I want. I wasn’t allowed a choice. How can any of you understand?! MY ENTIRE LIFE WAS CHOOSEN FOR ME! So be the product of others greed and lust for control!” 

Those years forced to be a soldier were dark and filled with unspeakable cruelty. Prior, Jikoku and his brothers had moments of playing, entertainment, and what he thought was love from their father. It wasn’t until a certain age when he was young that he was ripped. Gundan hardly changed, his area of focus much different and less as important as Jikoku’s. Samuke’s was simply mind games. Build a puzzle here, play chess there. Read these books. They looked more entertaining than what Jikoku had to endure. 

For some time, he was scared, he’d cry, but over time such emotions withdrew and he felt a stark reinforcement of mental instability from all he was forced to become. IF the Association did this to him, one of the things that allowed Jikoku to work with Samuke and something they both agreed was atrocious, he’d kill them. Every last one of them. Let their weapon becomes the cause of their own undoing. 

Now the ball grew with so much energy that it’s body became to coat with sparks of lightening. A deep hum echoing the city and brightening the area like a star. “None of you deserve to live!” Jikoku growled in a tone so thick of hatred it sounded almost alien. He just thrust his hand forward to move the unstoppable ball of energy at the heroes, threatening all life in it.

But in spite of the fact he had just created a miniature sun, a cold feeling pierced his heart, his eyes opening wide from surprise. Like his heart had frozen over. Who… who could have…?

Jikoku looked at his chest to find a blade of ice through his chest. His own blood lay on it as evidence of his demise. What? Jikoku’s head slowly looked around, the energy flying up before exploding into a blinding light in the sky/the energy faded into a small ball before fading completely. He looked to see a pair of eyes as cold as the blade in his chest and void of emotion as space itself. Cold, empty, dark. “Samuke.” It wasn't a question. He already knew. Perhaps he always knew it would come to this. 

“You’re too much of a threat for your own good. A self-destructive egomaniac,” Samuke simply answered. “You’re far too much of a threat for MY goal, Jikoku.”

"Your goal. It was always about you wasn't it? It always has been." Reflected Jikoku with a sad grin, a trickle of blood now trickling down his mouth with his eyes returning to normal revealing an appearance which was all too human for an android. Only in death could Jikoku appear so.

“Gundan was right to question me before death as he did… I played you. I played both of you. Look at yourself,” Samuke gestured around the field. “The destruction, the death of innocents is all on yours hand and your hands alone. I’ve killed but two people, both in self-defense. That ball would have killed my physical body, Gundan’s body, fathers body, and the heroes. Because of your stubborn blindness and lust for fighting, for killing, to show off and toy, you’ve put more at risk than you seem to be able to comprehend. You’re a mistake I should have fixed long ago…”

As Samuke said that, frost had gathered across Jikoku’s body near the wound while Samuke pulled the blade out, cold blood flying through the air from the thrust. Jikoku fell to his knees and then fell on his side as his torso rolled over, eyes looking at the sky as Samuke stood over him with a cold stare. Pure resentment burned in his eyes. “Such imperfection should be wiped from the world. Difference between you and I, I know my flaws and can fix them. Your stupidity prevents you from even seeing your own flaws. Rot like our dead brother. Maybe I’ll bring you both back as my pawns when I finish this.” 

"Ha. hahaha. You misunderstand brother. I knew... I-I always knew it could come to this. Don't you see? I was programmed to be the destroyer, not the destroyed. Had I the ability I would've destroyed myself long ago. I needed to push you. I knew you could and would eventually kill me if I didn't kill you first. And the thought of it brought me peace. Ironic as it is... now-.... now the hatred in my heart has been extinguished and I think finally I-I-I'm..." at peace Jikoku meant to say. As his life left him he left one last expression on his face: Relief. Relief of his own demise.

Samuke turned from his brother to face the heroes. The blood of Jikoku dropping off. Even on the blade, while the blood ran cold, it still was warm enough to not be frozen. The ground below gathered icy from the frost air that began to pick up. Samuke’s vision started to blur a little as he grabbed his face. He didn’t have much time. With what Firefly injected into him, he needed to get to his lab soon or the effects would get to him and he had no idea what was but in him. 

I could call my bots… This rings allows such a connection, but there’s no way they’d get here in time. Whatever she put in me is getting worse… I must calculate every move. I could kill her, but then Siegfried would pose a threat at destroying my tech. Then he’d be able to destroy my ring… Or me. As Samuke thought, he failed to notice his breathing getting heavier. 

I must congratulate you heroes. You’ve come far, and despite all my planning, you’ve managed to surprise me on multiple occasions. Your growth has been that of shock, however, if you refuse to see that the world I have planned is for the better of all lives, including yours., then you’re as blind as my brothers and I’ll kill you all. I hoped it wouldn’t come to this. Yet you prove more difficult to kill then I really hoped. So, I must applaud you on that. Dragon-Lord is out, Gluttony is down, Jellyboy is unable to act, Paragon was knocked out of the fight, I killed Crush, Nagoya is unable to fight after what Jikoku did, relying on little energy left… You. Have. No. One. Left,” said Samuke. “Well, except that hero who came with you that stayed over in the distance, but he can’t do anything either.”

@DaniBot

So much happened in so little time. From what Planeshifter interpreted, Jikoku was about to unleash a limit break of sorts, but then Samuke stabbed him. "What a freaking sociopath.." he couldn't help but say out loud. He killed both of his brothers, and incapacitated several others. All B class or higher. Worse yet what injuries they did manage to inflict on him seemed to heal up rather quickly. His eye twitched, and couldn't help but twitch more as Samuke started talking. What a pompous ass.. that was Siegfried's job, dammit!

"You wanna know what I think, you albino, androgynous asshole?" Siegfried called out to Samuke, his words seething with a venomous tone. "I think you should take your ideals of a better world.. and just shove them up your ass. I enjoy suffering this life. It is the life I chose, one where I keep people safe from people and beasts like you, and I will defend it to my dying breath. What ever plans you may have can't be good.. if you'd kill off your own companions like that." Siegfried was only seeing what he wanted to see.. maybe ignorance would annoy Samuke.. make him miscalculate.

"Will you shut the hell up?!" Hitomi found herself yelling at the lone android, completely fed up with him and his "plans." "I agree with Planeshifter. I enjoy living my own life and making my own decisions, even if it means suffering. If I just quit, then everyone we've lost...would have been for nothing!" Her voice cracked as she clenched her fists, completely unaware that a few tears were running down her cheek compared to the waterfall she cried when Crash was killed. "I'm not going to lay down and let some egomaniac with a God Complex tell me how to live." She placed her foot back, ready to lunge at him again. This time, her flames started to engulf more than her arms and legs. It would appear that Firefly was using what bit she had left to encase her whole body. "I apologize. This might be a bit indecent to watch..." She mentioned to Planeshifter as a tiny bit of her clothes started to singe off. "I'll do what I can to slow him down. Blade Queen should be able to pick up where I leave off." Without waiting for a word from Siegfried, Firefly dashed off at full force eyeing Samuke down. 

Once she was close, she jumped up and came down aiming to catch him in a curb stomp. "If there is no one left, then I guess it's time for me to go all out, don't you think?" She asked the android as she began to throw a flurry of kicks and punches his way. It should be quite obvious that Hitomi was using the last bit of her power that she could get away with. It wasn't a smart move, but that was her intention. She didn't need to be smart, just persistent enough to keep Samuke on his toes for the rest of the heroes. As she fought, Jikoku's words haunted her thoughts. 

"You all act like you know pain. That you can walk up, be a hero, gain your praise and go to sleep at night."

No. He was wrong. There was no way she could enjoy her victory after this. Not with Crash and Leo dead. Not with Dragon Lord laying on the ground with a bullet that was meant for her. Not with the constant reminder that she was the cause of two of her comrades fates. "AHHHHHHH!!!" For the second time, a roar of anger and agony echoed through the city as Firefly continued her attacks. Screw the Assiociation. Screw the Doctor. Screw everything. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. This whole mission was supposed to go so differently. Hitomi wasn't supposed to be fighting with the amount of pain she felt. She stared up into Samuke's eyes with an intense hatred for everything that had happened and yelled out her final assault. "Fist of the Phoenix!!!" She yelled out as all of her flames went to the fist that she was swinging towards the android. 

His words reached Samuke's ears. He wasn't sure if it was his mind being clouded, but he wanted to personally shut this man up himself, once and for all. "So death it is. So beat it, Ghost. I'll take much pleasure in killing you. Without your intangibility, you're nothing. You never were." Samuke began to walk forward, the icy blade cutting into the rubble below and his eyes dead set on Siegfried, Planeshifter.

33442-sengoku-basara-ishida-mitsunari.b66b46ba554bb5cf8d549f34c6406d02.jpg

Walking towards Planeshifter, Hitomi caught his ear. He would have dismissed her with a simple reality check of what would happen, but her power started to rise as he turned to face her completely. This wasn't expected. Was this caused by emotion? But then she blitzed for his position. He held up blade up to stop her kick as he felt the pressure against his stance. While the ice was more durable and resilient then that of normal ice, it did start to become prone to her fire.

He tried his best to dodge and block each kick and punch, but he found it harder to keep up. In this he felt a fire building in his gut. And anger of a sort. He went to block another time, but the punch shattered through his weakened eye, finding it harder to maintain it, as a fiery fist landed smack into his cheek.

Still, the attacks kept coming, taking in a good amount of hits, others he dodged or deflected with his own body, feeling burns sear his skin. His face was all that was needed to know he was being overwhelmed. He felt himself skin back from her force as he lowered his hands. Heavy with each breath. She threw one last punch at him as he went to grab  it, using his frost to counter it. It seemed to hold, but not for long as he felt himself engulfed in a hell of heat.

As the smoke cleared, the smell of burnt flesh was evidence as he looked at her with eyes that sought death. Burn marks made clear from the Firefly's tattooing of his face with her flames. This... This isn't right. This isn't how it was supposed to go! I planned and calculated everything... EVERYTHING, he thought. "How....? HOW DID YOU GET THIS STRONG?! It doesn't make sense. You can't be this strong!"

He thought back to what she injected into her... Not it wasn't just that... It couldn't. It must have been multiple factors he was so blind to. The injection, the emotion.... Emotion. Something he so long neglected. How could causing her pain make her stronger? How could it make any of them stronger? They should be fearing him. They should be broken.

"No... I won't lose... NOT TO YOU! I'll reactive the weapon... It will blow from the raw power, but it will end you." He used his right hand to twist the black ring around his finger, using it to make connection through the cloud to his projects at his lab that would activate it. His whole attention on her. He couldn't fight her... He couldn't even block her. No, too much of a risk. He had nothing left. He was feeling it for the first time; fear. Between Hitomi and Siegfried, things did not look good for him.

@Colleen McJavabean @Kingmalikai @DemetrioMachete @ChimpMan @Nenma Takashi @Hanarei @Joonster  @DaniBot

As the Association watched, Sunny looked as the events took place. Watching heroes go down and die, but then one of the androids died, by the other androids hands. It seemed one tried to save someone and ended up dying. Then the other killed that android, leaving only one left. It was as if they were devouring themselves, being their own downfall. From the looks of it, Firefly and Planeshifter might have a chance.

Hearing Samuke talk, all Siegfried could do was spit in his direction. Most of it was blood by this point.. Siegfried's now sunken eyes seemed to dilate, realizing he would have to fight again; this time, head-on. He had practically entered a fighting trance, knowing his life was in true danger.

"You can't kill what's already dead, chump." he glowered at Samuke as he triggered his ethereal state. The electromagnetism in the air was still disturbed, and so Siegfried resembled a chaotic, person shaped cloud of particles. But still.. it was his ethereal state, given tangibility. His weapons, a knife, hammer and gun, did not ghostify with him. His arms.. he could move them like this.. his arms grabbed at the Sledgehammer. Samuke wanted to fight? Planeshifter would bring the hammer down, and smash his melting ice. 

With blinding speed, Siegfried approached. No feints, delays or tricks. He was just going to drive his tangible fists, feet, elbows, knees, and this hammer into Samuke until he stopped moving. As he reached for his hand, the realization hit Siegfried. That ring. If he activated the weapon they would all die. He needed to stop the connection, somehow! Well.. when all you have is a hammer...

One should shatter some limbs with it.

Siegfried attacked in a flurry. First, a downward blow to the cranium. If it missed, the speed of the attack would shatter the floor beneath it. Second, a horizontal swing, mostly aimed at the torso. Missing would mean the hammer hit nothing. Third, a hammer sweep to the legs. Fourth, a swift kick to the legs. Fifth and finally, directing the sledge towards Samuke's hand. Siegfried was leagues faster when he was ethereal compared to when he wasn't. Block me, evade me, strike me, Siegfried thought. I'll outclass you and outplay you.. one way or another!

@Colleen McJavabean

@DaniBot

After Samuke let go of her fist, Hitomi stepped back a bit. Her vision going from clear to blurry repeatedly and her heart pounding. 'Just...a little...more...' She thought as her flames extinguished but her attacks still coming, albeit at a much slower pace. Her breath was slowly becoming ragged and her knees weak. "I didn't know I could be that strong either. Funniest thing really..." All she had to do was last a few more minutes. A few more punches and kicks should do it. Her eyes seemed more sunken as she ran to throw a few more punches, obviously running on empty. When he mentioned the ring, she smiled and continued to attack. "It's a bit useless to worry about a ring when you're too busy dodging and attacking, don't you think?" She was talking cocky, but she was seconds away from collapsing. Thankfully, she saw Planeshifter rushing towards them holding some sort of weapon. She moved to the side quickly to get out of Siegfried's range as she suddenly fell to one knee. 

'About time..' Firefly thought as her vision blurred, making it hard to know what exactly Planeshifter was attacking with. All she could see was his blur moving in on Samuke and moving fast. A smile crept on her face, but then vanished as her hands clutched what was left of her shirt. Her heart felt like it was pounding out of her chest and her breathing becoming more rapid and ragged than it was before. She wanted to apologize to Siegfried, but she knew she couldn't distract him from the fight especially with the speed and focus that he needed to watch his own back. All she could do before she fell unconscious was pray that Siegfried's attack would go through and that the friend Nodachi mentioned earlier came through. After she was done, she finally fell to her side with a thud! Darkness engulfed her vision as she continued to watch the two fight. 

'Give him hell...Shifter....' Her last thought went through before she blacked out, unconscious from severe dehydration. 

Her attack seemed to slowly diminish as he hoped the fire in her heart would, which made t easier to dodge as he felt one last hit to him.  But as she came to a stop and backed away, another threat pulled at his mind; Planeshifter. He didn't want to think about it, but his threat was more unpredictable, and deadly. It could sense every movement, every thought was with the intent to kill. He flipped back to avoid the first attack, but the ground shattered which caused him to lose his balance. He quickly formed a saber of ice in response.

When the attack at his torso came hunting for him, he blocked it with his saber, his strength not as it once was, but enough to hold for the moment. Just Siegfried's face made him sick. An almost uncontrollable hate foaming from his mouth. He wanted to rip his damn eyes out. The hammer went for his feet, which he jumped over only to find himself swept by another attempt at his legs. As he fell, he went to block the next attack, but it wasn't aiming for him as it was for his hand. His hand feeling a shattering amount of pain as the ring shattered into two. No... no, no, no, no! 

Now he lay on his back with a shattered left hand as Siegfried stood over him. From what he had experienced, there was no talking out of this.

The ring was broken. His enemy had fallen. Planeshifter's fighting trance faded away.. but he knew better than to think his enemy was completely defeated. Samuke was a deceiving bastard.. the moment Siegfried let his guard down, bad things would befall him.

"R e g r e t . . ." the chaotic particles of Siegfried's partial-ethereal form spoke. "R e g r e t  a n d  p a n i c . .  y o u  a r e  e x p e r i e n c i n g  t h e m . Y o u  r e g r e t  s l a y i n g  y o u r  b r o t h e r s . . .  a n d  n o w ,  w h o  w i l l  b a i l  y o u r  p u n k  a s s  o u t ,  n o w  t h a t  y o u ' r e  i n  o v e r  y o u r  h e a d ?" No one, that was who. That was the source of what Siegfried guessed was Samuke's panic. He was quick to bring the hammer up, and then back down on Samuke's knee.

"N a g o y a."

He brought the hammer up again, down on his other knee.

"C r a s h ."

In the absence of his brothers, Samuke would face retribution for everyone they wronged. Siegfried wanted Samuke to die immediately, just looking at him made his heart sting and his brain throb, screaming with the urge to kill... but savagery was not the way of the Hero. No.. part of him wanted Samuke to face trial and imprisonment, but as long as he had intact limbs, the Justice System could not contain him and his ice powers. Siegfried was fixing that.

He circled around, winding up the hammer as he did. Any last tricks, Samuke? Siegfried was ready for them...

@Colleen McJavabean

@DaniBot

Users who are viewing this thread