• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Channel 16 [ Remake ] | Wilderness Mystery | Interest Check

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
G0QfblkKEeEhiGxEspAwemsXvZmqE1Yn71nDLv2wGCozhMsc2cYil1gU9cRMtpyFpXvvnDAxIG4m8j_K8QDXLaeCMoU_dtDMssF3q-Ce2DPgXc_hIPJiETqh1lj8Y8790UW3WtwR

“If I am mad, it is mercy! May the gods pity the man who in his callousness can remain sane to the hideous end!” ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Temple

Introduction
Arborly National Park is one of the biggest parks in the United States. Established early on, it has managed to avoid having any of its land taken and developed, allowing it to remain mostly untouched, other than a hiker here and there. Due to its size, however, it’s prone to fires that spread rapidly during the summer. Most of the time, the rangers let these run their course, but there are points where action needs to be taken and park goers need to be warned. This led to the placement of firewatch towers throughout the park, and every summer, a group of employees are brought in to live in them and keep an eye on the area.

Two people are assigned to each tower, but other than through radio, their towermate is the only person that they talk to over the entire course of the 3 months. This sort of isolation lets imaginations run wild, and sometimes, participants claim to see things in the woods, and experience strange phenomenon. However, this is just a trick of the mind; there’s nothing in the woods but them and their thoughts, as well as the occasional visitor.

Right?

Premise
Welcome to Channel 16! The premise goes like this: the fire lookouts of Arborly National Park have all taken up the position over the summer. However, over the course of their stay, things begin to happen that are out of the ordinary. Is there something actually going on, or is it just the isolation getting to them? With only their towermate and a radio to talk to the other lookouts, it might be difficult to find out.

Lore can be found here.

What to Expect
This is a modern semi-realistic roleplay, with the ‘semi’ coming from the weird happenings, and the ‘realistic’ coming from the fact that no characters have powers, and that they’re just normal people in a normal world. Well, maybe; that all depends on if the happenings in Arborly are just in their heads or happen to be something more real. There will be a posting order to keep things neat, and later on in the roleplay there might be puzzles to solve. Such things will come in the forms of 'events', which might include one or all towers, depending on what the event is and where it is located.

Possible Character Types
You’d be playing as a fire lookout. The reason you chose to be there, however, is up to you. Do you like nature? Are you running from something? Backstory is big with this, and there’s a lot you can do. Depending on interest/if it will work with the concept, other characters such as rangers might be allowed

Sign-up Thread
Sign-ups are not up yet! However, we will be accepting 7 other people, each in a tower. Below are the spots that will be up for grabs. This will probably not be first come first serve, depending on interest levels, so please ignore the number of replies on this thread!

NORTHHAZY LAKE FIRE TOWER
2 SPACES

ROSEWOOD PEAKS FIRE TOWER
1 SPACE

MEADOW FIRE TOWER
2 SPACES

FALCON ROCK FIRE TOWER
2 SPACES

RANGERS/HIKERS/OTHER
TBA

If interested, or if you have any questions, please comment below! A character thread will be up soon, along with an on-site OOC.

I'm guessing we can't reserve spots in the towers since it isn't first come first serve?

I'm guessing we can't reserve spots in the towers since it isn't first come first serve?
Not for the moment! When the character thread comes out, if there isn't too much interest I'll allow the reservation of tower spots

Oooooooo Interested as all heck!! Still open?? ;0
We'll be putting up the character thread tomorrow ! And then we'll give people a week to make characters. I'm not having the ability to reserve spaces available to people right now, mostly because some who show interest might not actually make characters. SO we'll be technically be completely open for a week (and depending on how things go I might open up more spaces than the towers)

We'll be putting up the character thread tomorrow ! And then we'll give people a week to make characters. I'm not having the ability to reserve spaces available to people right now, mostly because some who show interest might not actually make characters. SO we'll be technically be completely open for a week (and depending on how things go I might open up more spaces than the towers)
time to get a brewin and a stewin with ideas for my girlie : O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back